• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

zon

Smash Cadet
I saw this today while I was playing on the Miiverse stage lol.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I saw this today while I was playing on the Miiverse stage lol.
So cool! Honestly, one of the few reasons I'm not a big fan of Ashley is the whole "emo" thing. After a while, that REALLY wears thin for me, and Mona is just so cute and VERY upbeat to me, and well, I just REALLY like cute, cheerful characters more! BTW, when you played on the Miiverse stage, was Wario involved with the match or something?

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So has anyone thought of bribing Sakurai with Mona's pizzas. I think this maybe be the perfect way to get Sakurai to just decide to put her in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So has anyone thought of bribing Sakurai with Mona's pizzas. I think this maybe be the perfect way to get Sakurai to just decide to put her in.
That would be easy if he didn't disappear from his Twitter account since pre-release speculation. But bribing with pizza would be an easy way to persuade him into doing so.

Everyone on the planet loves pizza and they are monsters if they don't enjoy it.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
That would be easy if he didn't disappear from his Twitter account since pre-release speculation. But bribing with pizza would be an easy way to persuade him into doing so.

Everyone on the planet loves pizza and they are monsters if they don't enjoy it.
Dang, so Sakurai was ready for our plan of sending him Mona's pizza. Well we need to find where Sakurai is hiding and send him a Mona's pizza, he will know the taste of the pizza so he can be bribed into putting Mona into Smash.

Last edited:

zon

Smash Cadet

Ah your profile picture is Trebol now. Trebol for Smash??? Lol

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ah your profile picture is Trebol now. Trebol for Smash??? Lol
Beheheheheh! The Young Master would be pleased to see that a Top Executive like myself can stick it to these weaklings.

Trebol Sticks to the Competition! :troll:

zon

Smash Cadet
Beheheheheh! The Young Master would be pleased to see that a Top Executive like myself can stick it to these weaklings.

Trebol Sticks to the Competition! :troll:
Trebol is just as crafty as the Young Master and help him become what he is today.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With the recently confirmed Viridi and Toad (And freaking Monster Hunters) outfits, it wouldn't be too far fetched to expect more Mii Fighters of other minor characters/NPCs within the next year. A Mona one would would suffice easily if she were too low to the point where Sakurai doesn't deem her worthy enough for a character.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
With the recently confirmed Viridi and Toad (And freaking Monster Hunters) outfits, it wouldn't be too far fetched to expect more Mii Fighters of other minor characters/NPCs within the next year. A Mona one would would suffice easily if she were too low to the point where Sakurai doesn't deem her worthy enough for a character.
Oh, man. Don't get me wrong, I'd also like to see a Mona Mii Fighter outfit, but I REALLY hope Sakurai doesn't do it for the reason you suggested.:urg: I would rather he do it for fun (or FOR GLORY!:awesome:) or just to give Wario some more content. All in all, I just hope Mona is a character taken into consideration for future Smash games. Really, she DOES have moveset potential you know. I mean honestly, people. If Sakurai can get a yoga-oriented character fight, or even make a moveset for the DOG from DUCK HUNT, even though in his source game, all he ever did was flush out ducks for you to shoot, and............LAUGH AT YOU....:mad::mad::mad:. I'm pretty sure Mona can use a LOT of source material form the WarioWare games, don't you?

Last edited:

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
I'm pretty sure Mona can use a LOT of source material form the WarioWare games, don't you?
That's right she can! In fact my old compilation of things she can pull from WarioWare is ready for an update. Mostly I needed to fix a typo I missed and didn't have editing privileges anymore lol

The - ̗̀New ̖́- Mona page is here!

Last edited:

zon

Smash Cadet
The ballot will be closing soon. I wonder who going to win.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Mona managed to beat out Tharja and Daisy? No way!

But these only results of the first poll with the third parties, veterans, and Assist Trophies left out. So try not to get to excited until we get the full results in less than a week.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/02/final-vote-reminder/
Wow! Really! That's amazing! I hope Mona managed to get enough votes to be considered for Smash! I don't hate Ashley, but I really have to say, she's a bit, and BTW, I say this with NO contempt over Ashley or any of her supporters, overrated. It's part of the reason I love Mona more. No magic powers, and she's still really cool. Also, emo characters/goth characters....not....entirely my thing.....

The ballot will be closing soon. I wonder who going to win.
I'm wondering too. The suspense is killing me!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Seriously though. I hope Mona makes it in Smash past a simple trophy. I mean, really...
How can you say "No" to THIS face?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now that I think of it, I did remember that Curious Villager Curious Villager wanted to make a 3D model of her a few months ago. Chances are that she was close to finishing it and gave up since 3D modeling isn't that easy for anyone. And this coming from a guy who had to constructed an entire museum for a 3D design project.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Now that I think of it, I did remember that Curious Villager Curious Villager wanted to make a 3D model of her a few months ago. Chances are that she was close to finishing it and gave up since 3D modeling isn't that easy for anyone. And this coming from a guy who had to constructed an entire museum for a 3D design project.
Its not that I gave up, I just put her on hold for now until I finish my Flora model, I learned quite a few new things ever since a few of the Smash 4 models bacame available for public use so I'll probably get back to Mona and redo a few things since there are a few parts I'm not quite happy with right now. Sorry about that.

It would have been great if I could find a few artworks or scenes of her facing the side though..... ^^;

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Its not that I gave up, I just put her on hold for now until I finish my Flora model, I learned quite a few new things ever since a few of the Smash 4 models bacame available for public use so I'll probably get back to Mona and redo a few things since there are a few parts I'm not quite happy with right now. Sorry about that.

It would have been great if I could find a few artworks or scenes of her facing the side though..... ^^;
Oh, that's great to hear. And I can understand that the process would require some patience and plenty of inspiration to get anything right. :laugh:

For some scenes of Mona running sideways, use the ending of Mona's level from WarioWare: Smooth Moves (when the football player was trying to confess his love for her) and the first WarioWare's final ending when she was chasing after Wario for stealing the money. That's more than enough sideway views than any other character that isn't named Ashley or Katana (plus the Game Boys). Watch these scenes well and good luck with your continuation.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh, that's great to hear. And I can understand that the process would require some patience and plenty of inspiration to get anything right. :laugh:

For some scenes of Mona running sideways, use the ending of Mona's level from WarioWare: Smooth Moves (when the football player was trying to confess his love for her) and the first WarioWare's final ending when she was chasing after Wario for stealing the money. That's more than enough sideway views than any other character that isn't named Ashley or Katana (plus the Game Boys). Watch these scenes well and good luck with your continuation.
Yeah its mainly her face that ended up not to my liking (I tried to model around a mouth for her but it wasn't until I took a closer look at Ness and Kirby's models when I figured out a better way to do that. You've probably already seen some of my progress on Flora so I'm planning to apply some of the things I've learned from it for Mona too since she requires a similar principle as another cartoony looking character.

And thank you, I'll be sure to take a look at those. ^^

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, quick question. If Mona DID end up making it into Smash, should she be starter, unlockable, or DLC? If you decide that she should be unlockable, what method should unlock her?

slambros

Smash Ace
Personal Nostalgia Here:

I got my 3DS on day one, and was able to get the Ambassador's program games, where early buyers were given the ability to download and play $100 worth of NES and GBA games for free. The first game I actually played through was Warioware: Mega Micro Games, if that's what the game is called.

My favorite level was always Mona's level. The hilarity of her situation and the funny choir noise that plays when the monkey throws the banana at the police squadron made me so impressed that it caused the ripple effect that saw me type this strange and embarrassing sentence.

It's too late to vote for her, sadly, but I wanted to say that I'd like to join the supporter list for Mona. I'd initially go for Cricket as my favorite 2nd Warioware rep, but I'd easily and happily substitute him for Mona when considering realism.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, quick question. If Mona DID end up making it into Smash, should she be starter, unlockable, or DLC? If you decide that she should be unlockable, what method should unlock her?
Unlockable, with her boss back in starter position (Wario). It would be much more surprising that way and I can't really see her as a character being marketed so early.

Personal Nostalgia Here:

I got my 3DS on day one, and was able to get the Ambassador's program games, where early buyers were given the ability to download and play $100 worth of NES and GBA games for free. The first game I actually played through was Warioware: Mega Micro Games, if that's what the game is called.

My favorite level was always Mona's level. The hilarity of her situation and the funny choir noise that plays when the monkey throws the banana at the police squadron made me so impressed that it caused the ripple effect that saw me type this strange and embarrassing sentence.

It's too late to vote for her, sadly, but I wanted to say that I'd like to join the supporter list for Mona. I'd initially go for Cricket as my favorite 2nd Warioware rep, but I'd easily and happily substitute him for Mona when considering realism.

Welcome aboard, explorer! While it may be too late to vote for her, but it's never the ending to joining Mona's Pizza. And I would find Cricket a cool rep too since he's one of the few action oriented characters in WarioWare.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Unlockable, with her boss back in starter position (Wario). It would be much more surprising that way and I can't really see her as a character being marketed so early.

Welcome aboard, explorer! While it may be too late to vote for her, but it's never the ending to joining Mona's Pizza. And I would find Cricket a cool rep too since he's one of the few action oriented characters in WarioWare.
Great idea, Azure! Any methods on how to unlock her?

BTW, I'd like to see Young Cricket in or Ashley in Smash, AFTER Mona, personally.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

BTW, I'd like to see Young Cricket in or Ashley in Smash, AFTER Mona, personally.
One method would be to get a distance of 2,860 in Home Run Contest with Wario.

While another method would be to clear Classic Mode on Hard with him.

Both would be equally as challenging since it would suit earning a character known for her unpredictable behavior.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Make a level that's dedicated to Mona (a Pizza delivery level, fight on Bicycles and delivery trucks through traffic as the cyclist throws pizzas at doorsteps. If you hold 'R', the hat flips and instead of throwing pizzas, the delivery guy throws Newspapers like another classic video game. Meaning despite the Mona skin on it, this level would probably not be known as a Mona level.

Put on a very hard wario, if you can stay alive long enough for X pizzas to be delivered, Mona challenges.

...Yes, this also works for PaperBoy if he were a character, just replace Wario with Duck Hunt.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Make a level that's dedicated to Mona (a Pizza delivery level, fight on Bicycles and delivery trucks through traffic as the cyclist throws pizzas at doorsteps. If you hold 'R', the hat flips and instead of throwing pizzas, the delivery guy throws Newspapers like another classic video game. Meaning despite the Mona skin on it, this level would probably not be known as a Mona level.

Put on a very hard wario, if you can stay alive long enough for X pizzas to be delivered, Mona challenges.

...Yes, this also works for PaperBoy if he were a character, just replace Wario with Duck Hunt.
I was just thinking beat classic mode on 6.0 or higher as Wario, like the way Bowser Jr. Was unlocked on 3DS.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I was just thinking beat classic mode on 6.0 or higher as Wario, like the way Bowser Jr. Was unlocked on 3DS.
Now that makes more sense. BTW, I've always wanted to mention, I LOVE your avatar, both before the little alteration, and now! Mona's so adorable in it! Still, why do I get the feeling from it that Mona probably let out a silent fart but it REALLY smells bad, and she's totally embarrassed. Poor Mona!

Top Bottom