• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

Oddball

Smash Lord
I would ask how many of you had played the fan translation of Famicom Detective Club Part II, a good deal of you probably didn't try it. I would highly recommend it since it is a great game.
I played it.

It's a little lacking on the gameplay aspects but the story and music are great and the characters are a lot of fun.

KatKit

Smash Lord
If they ever decide to modernize/revitalize the series, I'm hoping that the older games get the "Sin and Punishment" treatment on the E-shop and get official worldwide releases/translations as well. I think that the Switch is the perfect console to bring new fans to the series.

Ayumi is still my most wanted retro/exclusively foreign rep for Smash; I've been a supporter since I saw the Melee trophy lol.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I played it.

It's a little lacking on the gameplay aspects but the story and music are great and the characters are a lot of fun.
Like all point and lick games, it's one of the most basic. Even others like Shin Onigashima, Yuyuki, and Time Twist are as basic. Either way, you are right. The music and plot definitely makes up for it. Great cast too.

I do hope that if one day it is revived, they could add more gameplay mechanics to liven it up. Maybe take some ideas from Ace Attorney.

If they ever decide to modernize/revitalize the series, I'm hoping that the older games get the "Sin and Punishment" treatment on the E-shop and get official worldwide releases/translations as well. I think that the Switch is the perfect console to bring new fans to the series.

Ayumi is still my most wanted retro/exclusively foreign rep for Smash; I've been a supporter since I saw the Melee trophy lol.
Agreed. I do hope the game does get a translation, even if it will take alot to translate it using old tech. Anything to really spread the word of Ayumi and er biggest cases in history.

And I am the same. Wanted her since I saw the trophy. But after playing Famicom Detective Club 2's translation, I do want her even more. She really would be a stand out fighter for Smash as a highs cool detective.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've played the fan translation and loved it. For me, it's one of the better written early Famciom games so far. I can never get tired of replaying it.

Shame that a translation of the old game is impossible since they need the original code to do it. At best, a remake is the only chance Famicom Detective Club got.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Azure’s got a plan. He would say so himself, but double posting is out of the question. So he wants me to speak with him while he works on things with Denoxkun Denoxkun .

Remember Operation Tachibana, that contest that helped get some notability to Famicon Detective Club II and hosted a fanart contest? Denox and Azure wants to take the movement to great heights. Like making an Ayumi for Smash Discord that can be about her potential for Smash, the future of Famicom Detective Club, and her overall character. Someone, one of you I believe, brought up this idea before last year and he decided against it due to focusing more on Takamaru more. But now, he feels he can do it again. But with a partner who at least had an operation going on and made his own level for Ayumi Tachibana in Super Mario Maker.

So if this server were to get made, how many of you sound join it? Or better yet, how many of you can help spread the word and campaign for her to be in Smash? Who knows, if we get big enough, the AssistAlliance can give us a hand. Since they would only partner with groups if they’ve are big enough. We got to start small, but get big if we want to get our schoolgirl Detective in Smash one day.

Now who is with us?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My apologies for being late, but she explained everything.

The server isn't made just yet, but it is still being worked on. Just let me know if you want to join it and we will give you all a DM.

Just remember, we all know how Ayumi is far from the most well know character with a Smash following and it will be tough to push the server from there. I can say that this may be our toughest battle yet.

By the way, for those of you who are unfamiliar with Operation Tachibana, here's a video to explain the contest and the winners who participated (which are in the second video that is a review of the whole game done by Denoxkun Denoxkun ). We may not do something as ambitious again. At least until we gather our numbers first, so I hope you all can understand.

Oddball

Smash Lord
That's a fun looking Mario Maker level. Plus it's one that doesn't look physically impossible to complete.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So it's been some time, and what's the status on the server?

Is Denoxkun a bit busy lately or still having some second thoughts on making something new for Ayumi today?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As you can see, the Operation Ayumi Tachibana Discord is complete. Him and I finally worked things out. The place has all the right channels. Smash talk, fan art, Famicom Detective Club Discussion, memes, you name it. Of course all that's left is new people.

So those who are on the support list will all be in a group DM either way with a link in the server. We hope to see you all there. Our biggest goal is to just start pushing for her to be more well known or to be in Smash in general. Someone you who haven't been active in some time will be DM'd, so apologies in advanced.

But Operation Tachibana is back in business, baby! Even the owner of the movement Denoxkun Denoxkun is happy that he can get back into character campaigning again since she didn't make it.

Denoxkun

Smash Cadet
Hey people! I know its been years since I wrote here and I deeply apologize for it. I only came to Smashboards for the Ayumi Community. For anyone interested, I just opened up the Ayumi Tachibana Discord Server! Anyone who is an Ayumi Fan, I would highly encourage you to check it out. Since I see people out there are still not giving up in this project, its time to bring back #OperationTachibana to life!

If you wish to join the discord server, be sure to contact me, Aussie or Azure for the invite link! Originally, #OperationTachibana was pushed to bring Ayumi Tachibana as DLC for Smash 4 but that of course failed and I am not giving my hopes up for Smash Ultimate DLC as well. But raising awareness of the Famicom Detective Club games and Ayumi Tachibana as a whole is what we aim for in #OperationTachibana

REMEMBER to use the #OperationTachibana hashtag for anything related to raising awareness of Ayumi and her games and tell more people about what her games are all about or why she be a good fit for Smash. Even if this seems like a near impossible task but its best to try than never at all! :D

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The thread title is updated.

And I will repeat, anyone that wants to join the movement/server can DM either me or Denoxkun since we are the figure heads of this movement.

Hey people! I know its been years since I wrote here and I deeply apologize for it. I only came to Smashboards for the Ayumi Community. For anyone interested, I just opened up the Ayumi Tachibana Discord Server! Anyone who is an Ayumi Fan, I would highly encourage you to check it out. Since I see people out there are still not giving up in this project, its time to bring back #OperationTachibana to life!

If you wish to join the discord server, be sure to contact me, Aussie or Azure for the invite link! Originally, #OperationTachibana was pushed to bring Ayumi Tachibana as DLC for Smash 4 but that of course failed and I am not giving my hopes up for Smash Ultimate DLC as well. But raising awareness of the Famicom Detective Club games and Ayumi Tachibana as a whole is what we aim for in #OperationTachibana

REMEMBER to use the #OperationTachibana hashtag for anything related to raising awareness of Ayumi and her games and tell more people about what her games are all about or why she be a good fit for Smash. Even if this seems like a near impossible task but its best to try than never at all! :D
Trueer words had never been said. Glad to be working with you again, brother. Like old times. It's the same goal as ever, making sure Ayumi gets all the familiar she needs.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
We have 10 new users who are in the server. Thank you to those that had joined and be aware that you swear an oath to spread the word of Operation Tachibana for the coming years.

Those who didn't join yet should consider doing so when they have the time.

On a new subject, how many of you had gotten the Ayumi Spirit and how many of you wish she has her on Mii Fighter costume?

Oddball

Smash Lord
I'd love an Ayumi costume, especially if the skirt and the sailor collar changed colors to match your Mii.

So, what do you think Kirby would look like if he absorbed Ayumi's powers?

Another question is what would her Pucnh-Out Stage title be? I was thinking "the Girl Detective" but I don't think that has enough flair.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I'd love an Ayumi costume, especially if the skirt and the sailor collar changed colors to match your Mii.

So, what do you think Kirby would look like if he absorbed Ayumi's powers?

Another question is what would her Pucnh-Out Stage title be? I was thinking "the Girl Detective" but I don't think that has enough flair.
I feel like they'd probably just give Kirby her hair, but I think it'd also be neat if they gave him her schoolbag on his back or something.

As for ring title, "The High School Sleuth", "The Girlish Gumshoe", "The Famicom Detective" or simply "Famicom Detective Club" in the event that she's paired with the protag as a duo.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Maybe something alliterative.

The Dashing Detective? The Dazzling Detective? The Daring Damsel Detective! ... maybe not that last one.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Dazzling Detective sounds good

And at the same time, I would love an Ayumi Mii Fighter costume. Ayumi Kirby would simply have her hair and copy the base special she has, the bag or her magnifying glass.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That's so awesome! And to see Layton and Ace Attorney get shouted out by Shigeru Miyamoto himself?? Wow. A shame we won't be seeing a new game but the candid answer as a fan really makes me happy.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Hey there, fellow Mike Jones supporter here. The oldschool NES/Famicom reps need to support each other, so I will show my support.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Mike and Ayumi are both on my top ten list.
I like Ayumi, but my top Retro pick is Hikari and Donbe from Shin Onigashima. Ayumi is in the top 3 though.

I liked how Sigiru mentioned that game in that shareholder meeting too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Quite an odd, and off topic question, but...
Anyone know where I can find a transparent image of the protagonist? Talking about this guy:
By transparent, I assume you mean the background. I made one for you

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Famicom Detective Club is getting a JP exclusive remake
Well what do you know, Nintendo reviving its classics and they choose one of their best VN titles from the Famicom. Who is ready to see Ayumi in HD on the Switch? You bet I am.

Please localize this, Nintendo of America.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Either Nintendo have no idea of who to cast for a dub or they think no one in the West cares for Famicon Detective Club. This is why they need to localize it, there IS a market for VN games here.

Look at Ace Attorney, Corpse Party, and Professor Layton. Nintendo of America has little excuses.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Famicom Detective Club is getting a JP exclusive remake
HOLY ****! Is this for real?! Man, Nintendo better bring this to the West!

By the way, with this being the case, two (and a half) questions:

1) Who here thinks Yuko Minaguchi will be called in to reprise her role as Ayumi?
2) Who thinks this'll be localized?
2.5) If you DO think this will be localized, do you also think this will give Ayumi the supposed 'Western push' Sakurai claimed she lacked back in the day that got her kicked out of getting in Melee?

D

Deleted member

The fact it was only in the Japanese direct doesn't inspire much confidence in me, sadly. Although a silver lining is that it seems to be pretty early in development and more of a teaser? It's a pretty short "it's in the works" and doesn't even have a release date or anything. But if it comes to the west, I'd buy it for sure.

But to be frank, I don't like how it looks. The whole UI seems kinda cheap and minimalistic looking, no personality there. I hope it gets touched up for the final release.

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
Surprised no one posted an image of her new design (she wasn't featured in the announcement):

Source: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201909/05182634.html

The fact it was only in the Japanese direct doesn't inspire much confidence in me, sadly. Although a silver lining is that it seems to be pretty early in development and more of a teaser? It's a pretty short "it's in the works" and doesn't even have a release date or anything. But if it comes to the west, I'd buy it for sure.
Probably because they would need to translate all the dialogue is featured in the trailer, the menu and things like that. Nintendo have announced some titles in their japanese direct that they weren't featured in the west direct, but later they were featured, like the last Dillon game. And, if not, people can push other companies to localize them like Culdcept.
Being a heavy-text game and not done by Nintendo themselves probably means it won't have an international release, and it will be localized some time after. The big problems of this game are, probably, they won't translate to other languages like spanish, italian and maybe french and german and a lack of a physical edition.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Surprised no one posted an image of her new design (she wasn't featured in the announcement):

Source: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201909/05182634.html

Probably because they would need to translate all the dialogue is featured in the trailer, the menu and things like that. Nintendo have announced some titles in their japanese direct that they weren't featured in the west direct, but later they were featured, like the last Dillon game. And, if not, people can push other companies to localize them like Culdcept.
Being a heavy-text game and not done by Nintendo themselves probably means it won't have an international release, and it will be localized some time after. The big problems of this game are, probably, they won't translate to other languages like spanish, italian and maybe french and german and a lack of a physical edition.
Wow, she looks so good!

Last edited:
Top Bottom