• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

amageish

Smash Master
We'll see how it goes. And, hey, even if now isn't her time, her franchise has the highest chance of surviving and thriving that it has ever had... So, either way, we're doing far better then I could have ever predicted when the remakes were first announced in a Japan-only direct!

Treked

Smash Cadet
NNID
3DS FC
4296-3633-4104
Switch FC
SW-3184-5921-0328
Good fanart. I checked the guy who did it and he also did Ayumi in her schoolgirl outfit.
Neat though it looks less hopeful hahaha.
Here the author pretty good art worth checking. https://twitter.com/gonzarez1938

So excuse the next repost but since this is the Ayumi thread I find it fitting to share this here too. For anyone who already read my idea for one of Ayumi's specials when she was discussed in the character exploration thread you can skip the next spoiler then.

I read some suggested movesets ideas for Ayumi that while fitting I think are still missing a key identity of her game genre and that would be an Action Menu. I'm just gonna talk a little about what we can do with this so not going to explain a detailed full moveset sorry but hope you find this interestingly enough.

This would be her Neutral or Down Special and it would open an Action Menu just like the Dragon Quest Heroes! But big difference we don't get RNG... (yet) with what we have to choose there will be always the same choices and always in the same order too! (also this wouldn't cause a language problem players will eventually memorize what other players can do if they select the action 2 for example)

Soooo presenting you the Action Menu! (Apologize for any inconsistencies with the actual actions you can make in the FDC games)
-------------------------
| -->-1. Talk |
| -2. Pick Up |
|-3. Throw |
|-4. Think |
-------------------------
(This could be expanded up to 5 actions maybe)

-Talk: This may surprise you but I decided that the Talk command would be a command grab! It will appear as some projected text buble in front of Ayumi with the length of some teather grabs more or less. Anyone caught by it will have the need to hear patiently what Ayumi has to say the Ayumi player will have a limited time to do another action between Show or Throw if the Ayumi player is too slow the opponent will escape their state of willingly listening to the detective. (Not needed mashing the controller to escape allways will be the same time) Going to explain Show after Pick Up as is dependant on it but Throw in this situation would be kinda like a special throw unique here not too amazing on damage % but has decent knockback this option is mainly if you don't have anything picked up yet and still want a small reward for the command grab. The order actions on the sub-menu for landing Talk will be randomized so it will add a little game on the Ayumi player either way it's just two options so not that complicated.

-Pick Up: Here comes the juicy part... and yes the inevitable part were we must talk about the dreaded RNG... Still going to try make it fair and not that big of a deal at least not like the DQ Heroes. So this action will make Ayumi search on the ground so it can't be used in the air (Now that I think about it probably the only air option on this action menu is Throw) Ayumi will find some evidence there's going to be 2 type of evidence regular stuff that can reference actual evidence on FDC and fighters evidence. Let's make it a 50/50 % on which type you get. Ayumi can Pick Up and fill up to 5 item slots that will be showed under Ayumi's icon. If she tries to Pick Up more when she has 5 items already she'll do a special animation but that does nothing really.

-Show: OK. Remember the fighters evidence I talked about? Well when you select Show after landing Talk this is where this type of evidence comes to shine you'll have to choose some of the evidence you gathered again by selecting it in another sub-menu with the list of up to 5 items each member of the roster will have unique evidence that you must show to them to prove them something and shocking them with the strength of like Incineroar's perfect Side B. I'm doubtious though about if in every MU you could get any fighters evidence because that would be detrimental to Ayumi's chances of actually using the evidence with more than 80 fighters so even if the main purpose of this move is reflecting deductive skills and doing this will reduce that to 0% in 1 vs 1 matches the sacrifice of style is worth it to make Ayumi more viable. So now let's say you're facing Mario and Link well then let's say some of the fighters evidence you can get from these 2 are coins and rupees. What if you Show a coin to Link, well then Ayumi will be the one getting shocked by her own error. There's also the chance you select regular stuff here and also fail athrough this failure is less punishing that showing wrong fighters evidence to the wrong character. You'll all be probably thinking "Why proving Mario that he maybe forgot a coin somewhere would blast him off with such impactful strength." And to that I answer if Phoenix Wright can convict anyone in UMvC3 roster and fight yelling Objection! in PXZ2 this isn't that much crazy hahaha.

-Throw: This isn't the same Throw from the Talk sub-menu this is where you get to use the regular stuff evidence! As long as you have one of these you'll throw them via here with different effects let's say you get a knife you'll throw it straight-forward or a heavy contundent object it will have an arc similar to that of the Belmonts axes... etc, etc. The order of how you throw them I'm unsure if making another sub-menu where you get to choose what you want to throw or Ayumi will just throw them in the actual order she picked up the items. You can't throw fighters evidence with this.

-Think: Thinking will let Ayumi take a thinking stance and start healing up as she thinks. The more items you have the faster and more % you heal and if you have fighters evidence their icons in the item slots will glow with the color to the player to which the evidence corresponds to the fighter. (Again this just helps if the battle is not a 1 vs 1 as obviously the fighters evidence you get in 1v1 is always from the singular opponent). Ayumi can only cancel the thinking pose via shield or getting hit.

And that concludes my little idea as a part of her moveset. What do you guys think?

Also I just thought of 2 ideas for Final Smashes one would be the obvious getting 1 opponent an accusation/mystery solved but the other would be visually more interesting and it would be anyone who she happens to catch on activation would become part of a rumor a cinematic will start and Ayumi with the FDC interface would start to tell the rumor to the players of how the character catched previously was a victim of the girl that stands behind this will be visualized in the background as an interpretation of how it happened. I really think that could be visually pretty unique.

Also a few days ago I was playing Super Metroid in the Super Famicom of a friend and we talked about soundtracks and all and he showed me one of his favorite themes in TGWSB.

Good lord Kenji Yamamoto is a genius creating ambience. You know it sounds similar to how he creates ambience in Super Metroid but for Super Metroid you get that extraterrestial planet theme right and in this case this fits the murder mystery theme of the game. Also noting the leitmotif of the title theme here <3

Last edited:

FemMain26

Smash Apprentice
Well it turns out that Kazuya from Tekken is the next DLC fighter which i admit is quite shocking. But Ayumi still has a chance considering there`s only 1 spot
in the pass left ( or as a surprise DLC if the bonus DLC rumor still holds some merit). I wasn`t hyped at all about Kazuya but what are you guys thoughts on the E3 reveal.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I really liked E3! I don't have much of a personal attachment to Tekken, but it's nice to have in Smash. The presentation overall showed a lot of cool things and felt like a good slice of the variety of projects coming up on the Switch.

It also appears that Nintendo isn't done giving their backlog IPs to be remade by external developers, as Wayfoward is taking over Advance Wars! That was definitely an exciting twist...

Treked

Smash Cadet
NNID
3DS FC
4296-3633-4104
Switch FC
SW-3184-5921-0328
Well it turns out that Kazuya from Tekken is the next DLC fighter which i admit is quite shocking. But Ayumi still has a chance considering there`s only 1 spot
in the pass left ( or as a surprise DLC if the bonus DLC rumor still holds some merit). I wasn`t hyped at all about Kazuya but what are you guys thoughts on the E3 reveal.
I always had in mind something else from Bandai Namco would be a pretty safe bet being co-developer and having only Pac-Man when they have a lot of big franchises is a no brainer. I was personally betting on Tales of but Tekken's pretty big too probably bigger than Tales of internationally at least. Instantly thought "Heihachi!!" when seeing the cliff then I was like "Ah no... Kazuya. OK." Hahahaha. Well the last character can be pretty much anything at this point so we will se we will see.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I think it's safe to say that the last characters is most likely not going to be a more popular fighter than Kazuya or otherwise they would have revealed them at E3.

I think Ayumi still has a pretty good chance. Especially since she is from a Franchise that does not have a playable character yet. I think the fact that Nintendo puts "X Franchise X Super Smash Bros" in front of any new DLC shows that Nintendo is trying to branch out more. Which leads me to believe that Nintendo is more likely to include a character as DLC that does not already have a playable fighter in Smash. Only 3/10 of the DLC characters so far are from a franchise that already had a fighter.

Also, I've been hearing that Kazuya prooves that sprit events no longer deconfirm. Does anyone agree with that?

Also, Has anyone heard any word on how well FDC is doing in sales. Are they still doing pretty good?

amageish

Smash Master
I think it's safe to say that the last characters is most likely not going to be a more popular fighter than Kazuya or otherwise they would have revealed them at E3.

I think Ayumi still has a pretty good chance. Especially since she is from a Franchise that does not have a playable character yet. I think the fact that Nintendo puts "X Franchise X Super Smash Bros" in front of any new DLC shows that Nintendo is trying to branch out more. Which leads me to believe that Nintendo is more likely to include a character as DLC that does not already have a playable fighter in Smash. Only 3/10 of the DLC characters so far are from a franchise that already had a fighter.

Also, I've been hearing that Kazuya prooves that sprit events no longer deconfirm. Does anyone agree with that?

Also, Has anyone heard any word on how well FDC is doing in sales. Are they still doing pretty good?
I wouldn't be surprised if the final character was also bringing in some kind of "New World," even if it

I have no idea how I feel about what does/doesn't "deconfirm" after Kazuya. It at least means that post-launch content isn't a non-starter (which I guess Rex already did, technically, but Rex was also the first DLC Mii Costume revealed while Min Min was just last year)...

The physical run of Famicom Detective completely sold out and Nintendo doesn't release digital sales data, so nope... Not a clue...

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, Ayumi still has a chance. We've got three more months at most for FP11, and if you look at the music test menu, there will be a single empty spot after Tekken takes one of the two remaining spots

FemMain26

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking that Fighter Pass 2 could be wrapped up with a Nintendo character in the form of Ayumi just like how Fighter Pass 1 wrapped up with a Nintendo character in the form of Byleth. Not saying its guaranteed but just a thought i`ll say a 50/50 chance of this happening.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I was thinking that Fighter Pass 2 could be wrapped up with a Nintendo character in the form of Ayumi just like how Fighter Pass 1 wrapped up with a Nintendo character in the form of Byleth. Not saying its guaranteed but just a thought i`ll say a 50/50 chance of this happening.
She'll have to avoid multiple spirit events all the way through September/whenever the last Smash reveal occurs.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
think it's safe to say that the last characters is most likely not going to be a more popular fighter than Kazuya or otherwise they would have revealed them at E3.
Honestly, trying to predict characters based off of "how big" they and respective events are, has often been a futile venture when it comes to predicting Smash fighters, especially finales.

It can literally be anyone at any point in time.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Honestly, trying to predict characters based off of "how big" they and respective events are, has often been a futile venture when it comes to predicting Smash fighters, especially finales.

It can literally be anyone at any point in time.
Though, most are expecting a more niche pick to end the pass on, whether it be first or third party.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Though, most are expecting a more niche pick to end the pass on, whether it be first or third party.
My point is that with Smash Ultimate, everytime somebody's tried to predict the next character based off of alleged patterns and whatnot, they've always ended up with egg on their face.

And if Vergeben's prediction turns to be true, then that last fighter is absolutely going to go against the "niche" grain something fierce.

amageish

Smash Master
I think the "The DLC ends on a quieter note" pattern/motif is a little bit stronger then most "pattern theories," just because it is based on Nintendo's actual marketing strategy. The goal is to sell passes first and individual character packs second, so it makes sense they'd have Steve towards the start in hopes a lot of people go "Well, if I'm buying Steve, then I may as well just buy the whole pass as there are more exciting fighters to be revealed - plus it'll save me money in the long run if I do end up wanting all these fighters," as opposed to now where people can go "Well, if I'm buying [Fighter 6], then I can see the entire pass and make an informed choice about if I really want all of those characters or if I should save money and just get the fighter(s) I actually want."

Obviously hoping people will spend more due to having less information about the DLC is, uh, not the best move ethically, but it does seem to fit Nintendo's MO?

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
My point is that with Smash Ultimate, everytime somebody's tried to predict the next character based off of alleged patterns and whatnot, they've always ended up with egg on their face.

And if Vergeben's prediction turns to be true, then that last fighter is absolutely going to go against the "niche" grain something fierce.
Vergens prediction was already proven false.

Plus more people are predicting a non niche character than a niche one anyway thus they will be the ones more likely with egg on their face.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Plus more people are predicting a non niche character than a niche one anyway thus they will be the ones more likely with egg on their face.
Honestly, anyone can end up with egg on their face. Especially with how varied what actually constitutes a "niche" varies heavily amongst people. Nothing is set in stone.

MattX20

Smash Hero
We also must remember this: the characters in the second fighter pass are either characters that were considered for games previous or concepts from previous games fully realized. Min Min and Pyra and Mythra were both considered, but were too late for the base game of Ultimate. Steve took 5 long years of negotiations to get into Smash. Sephiroth was added to address the content disparity of FF. Lastly, a Tekken character (Heihachi) was considered for Smash 4, but was considered too difficult to get working at the time, and Kazuya got in most recently. When looking at this, Ayumi Tachibana and Rhythm Heaven characters like the Chorus Kids could potentially be our last fighter since Sakurai and the development team are looking this far back

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
We also must remember this: the characters in the second fighter pass are either characters that were considered for games previous or concepts from previous games fully realized. Min Min and Pyra and Mythra were both considered, but were too late for the base game of Ultimate. Steve took 5 long years of negotiations to get into Smash. Sephiroth was added to address the content disparity of FF. Lastly, a Tekken character (Heihachi) was considered for Smash 4, but was considered too difficult to get working at the time, and Kazuya got in most recently. When looking at this, Ayumi Tachibana and Rhythm Heaven characters like the Chorus Kids could potentially be our last fighter since Sakurai and the development team are looking this far back
I don't know... It's sound logic but It could also just be a coincidence.

amageish

Smash Master
We'll see how tomorrow goes. I suddenly realize that our biggest risk may be a Partner Pikachu/Partner Evee situation where they add in new FDC spirits not via spirit event, but as a gift for people with FDC save data on their switch...

Hopefully that isn't the case! I mean, content is better then nothing, but I would rather a Mii if we're getting something like that.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Annoying or not is irrelevant, it really isn't the best to dismiss people who already feel bad their character was deconfirmed after waiting so long.
who said anything about dismissing them? I’m dismissing the characters

Geez man. No need to be rude. How'd you feel if someone dissed you for characters you wanted as fighters not getting the invite?
Probably the same way I do when they usually do it

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
who said anything about dismissing them? I’m dismissing the characters
You really don't need to be so damn unpleasant all the time. Just because you've played, like, two games ever doesn't mean you need to be rude to the series or their supporters. You always seem to show up, be rude, and leave. It's not necessary.

While I personally like to look on the bright side and be happy that more characters from one of my favorite companies, Capcom, is in, I can definitely understand why losing Dante would be such a big blow especially since people were hoping to see a character they like that helped define a genre face off against other gaming superstars in the same game. As someone who had their most-wanted deconfirmed by a costume with Travis, I get that there's a bit of a disappointment factor especially if they seemed plausible at one point. Just gotta be cool about it. It's a goofy party fighting game at the end of it and people just wanna see game characters they like mix it up.

Anyway, I really don't know if Ayumi could be the last one...I think that she would have unusual mechanics which would explain the long development time, but I have to wonder if they really do want to "end on a bang"...or at least on a pretty loud pop. We'll see if we get an FDC remake spirit event at any time.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You really don't need to be so damn unpleasant all the time. Just because you've played, like, two games ever doesn't mean you need to be rude to the series or their supporters. You always seem to show up, be rude, and leave. It's not necessary.
You’re very judgemental

but I will apologise to all Dante fans who were insulted. It was never my intention insult them just the character

Last edited:
Top Bottom