• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

amageish

Smash Master
Hello Famicom Detective Club Fans, i'm currently playing through The Girl Who Stand Behind and there's a lingering question i've been wanting to ask about.
When you see Ayumi in front of the mirror in the school hallway, you are given a choice to give her Yoko's ID, i didn't give her the ID though i'm curious, without any spoilers does this effect the story and the ending?
No, the game has only one ending. It does, however, effect dialogue in a post-credits scene.

You'd think that if Nintendo was going to add a FDC Spirit event for the release of the new FDC games, they would want to do it fairly close to the games' release. So if there are no FDC spirits in the next one or two spirit events, we should be in the clear.
Astral Chain and Ring Fit Adventure both took like 5 months to get their events. That said, even if we did get a Famicom Detective Club spirit event in 5 months from now, we'd probably already know who the last two characters are by the time it happens.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
No, the game has only one ending. It does, however, effect dialogue in a post-credits scene.

Astral Chain and Ring Fit Adventure both took like 5 months to get their events. That said, even if we did get a Famicom Detective Club spirit event in 5 months from now, we'd probably already know who the last two characters are by the time it happens.
Oh, Okay. Guess i was worried over nothing, Thanks

MattX20

Smash Hero

Exactly, it's very unlikely we'll see a spirit event for the FDC remakes for a while if Ayumi isn't happening. If she is, we'll see them as a DLC spirit board

FemMain26

Smash Apprentice
Exactly, it's very unlikely we'll see a spirit event for the FDC remakes for a while if Ayumi isn't happening. If she is, we'll see them as a DLC spirit board
That`s what i`m thinking as well. Just like the previous DLC fighters we`ll automatically get the FDC spirits as a DLC spirit board if Ayumi is one of the last 2 fighters.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Ummmm.......... there’s a scene in Chapter 4 of Missing Heir that definitely has a slight mistranslation. Someone who knows Japanese please check lol.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Just finished Missing Heir and oh man, I was blown away, really loved it, it’s now in my top 100 favorite games. It’s best to play the games by going in blind with a spoiler free walkthrough.
I knew Amachi(Kanda) was the killer from the very start because I watched way too many crime shows and can read body language well, anyone that is WAY too happy, kind, or really chill is usually the culprit. Other than that I just knew that Amachi was really sus when he said he had to “go away for a while” or something along those lines, but never mentioned where, so at the end of the storage maze section when I saw a pair of shoes walk into the room, I’m like: I bet it’s Amachi and lo and behold it was Amachi, only who was revealed to actually be Kanda the lawyer of the Ayashiro Family. Not only that I was really shocked by the revelation that Taro(Protagonist) was actually Yuri’s baby that escaped the fire 17 years prior and basically pretty much Taro’s whole biological family died by Kanda’s hand and Kanda’s lackey, Akira as well. The family being his biological grandmother, two uncles, and aunt. He lost his mother to a house fire (succumbed to her injuries), father died in jail (behind bars for self defense).The only family he had left was Kazuto who saved him from Kanda just in time too and like the title suggests, the Missing Heir is the protagonist(Taro) and although he is the successor, he gave the talisman to his remaining uncle, Kazuto instead because he wanted to keep being a detective and in turn, made Kazuto the true successor of the Ayashiro Family. Also Zenzou reminded me of Alfred from Batman a bit.
I’m now playing through The Girl Who Stands Behind and really enjoying this sequel/prequel so far. :grin:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Just finished Missing Heir and oh man, I was blown away, really loved it, it’s now in my top 100 favorite games. It’s best to play the games by going in blind with a spoiler free walkthrough.
I knew Amachi(Kanda) was the killer from the very start because I watched way too many crime shows and can read body language well, anyone that is WAY too happy, kind, or really chill is usually the culprit. Other than that I just knew that Amachi was really sus when he said he had to “go away for a while” or something along those lines, but never mentioned where, so at the end of the storage maze section when I saw a pair of shoes walk into the room, I’m like: I bet it’s Amachi and lo and behold it was Amachi, only who was revealed to actually be Kanda the lawyer of the Ayashiro Family. Not only that I was really shocked by the revelation that Taro(Protagonist) was actually Yuri’s baby that escaped the fire 17 years prior and basically pretty much Taro’s whole biological family died by Kanda’s hand and Kanda’s lackey, Akira as well. The family being his biological grandmother, two uncles, and aunt. He lost his mother to a house fire (succumbed to her injuries), father died in jail (behind bars for self defense).The only family he had left was Kazuto who saved him from Kanda just in time too and like the title suggests, the Missing Heir is the protagonist(Taro) and although he is the successor, he gave the talisman to his remaining uncle, Kazuto instead because he wanted to keep being a detective and in turn, made Kazuto the true successor of the Ayashiro Family. Also Zenzou reminded me of Alfred from Batman a bit.
I’m now playing through The Girl Who Stands Behind and really enjoying this sequel/prequel so far. :grin:
you saw the murderer coming but you didnt see taro's connection coming?

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
The soundtrack makes me want to play these games even more, but I can't justify dropping that much on a visual novel. Maybe it'll get reduced in Nintendo's summer sale this year.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So i still havent gotten this collection yet. Just been so busy with work and house renovations it slipped my mind. How is it, and physical vs digital eddtion?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
They are exceptionally loyal remakes, so not really much new there. I imagine they'd inspire a different aesthetic for her at least?
Even though I've never played the originals, you can just feel the game was made in the 80's. It's charming, but can sometimes get confusing, especially when the progression dialog is hidden behind something you've checked 3 times already. lol

amageish

Smash Master
Even though I've never played the originals, you can just feel the game was made in the 80's. It's charming, but can sometimes get confusing, especially when the progression dialog is hidden behind something you've checked 3 times already. lol
Yuuuuup. Especially moments like when...

you have to click on a clock to realize that time has past.

you have to has click on a X-ray because... um... honestly, that one still confounds me; you just get reminded of something irrelevant via the X-ray.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
That's the type of stuff I am so lucky to personally enjoy lol. If I had a slightly different personality I'd be so sick of these games but nah man screwing around in menus is therapeutic...

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Finished both games, overall, I liked the Missing Heir better than The Girl Who Stands Behind, but I’ll have to give it to The Girl Who Stands Behind for the best ending twist and creepiest ending though and the false twist that made me wanna slap one of the characters upside the head. If you haven’t played them yet or are on the fence about them, I recommend giving them a go. ;)

Kind of figured that Hibino and Urabe were both kind of sus at the start due to Hibino dodging questions and not wanting to answer them. With Urabe, he was one of those characters who was WAY too nice. Hibino turned out to be a psycho killer, actually went by Tatsuya Uchida, later found out that he is Urabe’s actual son who was thought to have died during childbirth. It was also messed up that Urabe called beforehand and then is found dead by suicide and left a note detailing how he was a co conspirator and what got me is that I thought either one could’ve been Yoko’s murderer and turns out I was partially right because Hibino(T.U.) whipped his head around and was like “IT’S ME!” and that’s pretty much the jumpscare and then proceeds to chase Taro and Ayumi down the school hallway where the mirror was at and swung a knife at Taro and Ayumi, missing and shattering the glass of the mirror revealing a hole where Shinobu’s corpse was discovered and fell on Ubino (the only other creepy part, besides Ubino going psycho). Which makes sense due to her “spirit” saying she was still in the school. She wasn’t at the Old School Building afterall. (It was also noted that she looked like Yoko, mostly because they were cousins.) Now, about me wanting to slap a character, it was Komada because he made a joke that he committed all of those murders and acted like he was gonna kill Taro. It wasn’t funny to me because I thought it was a legit confession. But most of all, I really loved how it connected to Missing Heir a time the end, cementing it as a true prequel.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Finished both games, overall, I liked the Missing Heir better than The Girl Who Stands Behind, but I’ll have to give it to The Girl Who Stands Behind for the best ending twist and creepiest ending though and the false twist that made me wanna slap one of the characters upside the head. If you haven’t played them yet or are on the fence about them, I recommend giving them a go. ;)

Kind of figured that Hibino and Urabe were both kind of sus at the start due to Hibino dodging questions and not wanting to answer them. With Urabe, he was one of those characters who was WAY too nice. Hibino turned out to be a psycho killer, actually went by Tatsuya Uchida, later found out that he is Urabe’s actual son who was thought to have died during childbirth. It was also messed up that Urabe called beforehand and then is found dead by suicide and left a note detailing how he was a co conspirator and what got me is that I thought either one could’ve been Yoko’s murderer and turns out I was partially right because Hibino(T.U.) whipped his head around and was like “IT’S ME!” and that’s pretty much the jumpscare and then proceeds to chase Taro and Ayumi down the school hallway where the mirror was at and swung a knife at Taro and Ayumi, missing and shattering the glass of the mirror revealing a hole where Shinobu’s corpse was discovered and fell on Ubino (the only other creepy part, besides Ubino going psycho). Which makes sense due to her “spirit” saying she was still in the school. She wasn’t at the Old School Building afterall. (It was also noted that she looked like Yoko, mostly because they were cousins.) Now, about me wanting to slap a character, it was Komada because he made a joke that he committed all of those murders and acted like he was gonna kill Taro. It wasn’t funny to me because I thought it was a legit confession. But most of all, I really loved how it connected to Missing Heir a time the end, cementing it as a true prequel.
quite the ending isnt it

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Finished both The Missing Heir and The Girl Who Stands Behind. I liked them about equally, though I enjoyed the environments more in TMH and the music more in TGWSB (the title theme is now forever engraved in my mind). TMH felt more difficult, as in I got stuck a lot more and for much longer periods of time with no idea what to do.

I was really blown away by the production value. Granted, I've not played too many "traditional" visual novels to make much of a comparison, but the amount and quality of animations and backgrounds (even the transition screens you only see for a few seconds) felt really impressive, not to mention the voice acting. What blew my mind in equal measure was the realization that a video game story of this caliber existed back in the late 80's and on a Nintendo console no less. I was really taken aback by how real, gruesome and f'ed up some of the story elements were.

FemMain26

Smash Apprentice
I`ve just finished The Missing Heir meaning i now have finished both games. My thoughts are the FDC series as a whole is very positive 100% i`ve really enjoyed these very much. I loved the environment locations in TMH and the 8-bit music in both TMH & TGWSB this truly was a first party Nintendo series without a doubt not to mention this was the series that influenced many other visual novels that you can consider it to be the mother of the visual novel genre. I might played them again down the road because they were just that good. This makes me want Ayumi in Smash even more & i hope & pray that she does make it in. Also in TMH i`ve noticed that she was wearing a pink outfit i`m just wondering that if she might use that as another alt. besides her school uniform & her white outfit.

amageish

Smash Master
New trailer.

That's a pretty cool trailer! They probably just wanted a shortform one if they're paying for it to run as an ad...

Also, the spirit event is headwear-themed. So, we'll probably have no deconfirms before E3!

FemMain26

Smash Apprentice
That's a pretty cool trailer! They probably just wanted a shortform one if they're paying for it to run as an ad...

Also, the spirit event is headwear-themed. So, we'll probably have no deconfirms before E3!
Another close call which means it`s still all green for Ayumi.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Welp, that means next week's event is all but certainly a tournament. Now, all we can do is wait for E3 going forward

Top Bottom