• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yuko Minaguchi's voice acting for Ayumi if she makes it into Smash and I had to guess would be slightly akin to how she does voiceover work for Videl in the various DB video games

amageish

Smash Master
moon logic?
It's slang for when a puzzle in a puzzle game has an incomprehensible solution.

Nintendo Life did a video on the potential impacts of Famicom Detective Club.

Interesting, if generically optimistic, video! It's definitely nice to get more things localized...

The Nintendo vault is big and, while NSO is by no means a perfect service, I hope we continue to get those random English versions that apparently have been around this entire time on there.

amageish

Smash Master
Hmm...have we discussed things like sleeping, swimming, and other miscellaneous animations for Ayumi yet?
I don't think we have, not that there is much from canon to pull from on those fronts...

well i like taro more than ayumi now. id like them to be alts as echoes seems like pushing my luck
Protagonist-kun is canonically taller then her, but also Smash is inconsistent with how much they care about canon height... Sometimes it's cited as a reason to make someone an echo over an alt, while sometimes they just don't care at all.

I still think he'd be a cameo role at minimum, but who knows what would happen...

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Haha get ready for this tuesday. A new spirit event featuring an updated Ayumi, Protag-kun and Utsugi will appear periodically on the spirit board! Nah jkjkjk, we'll be getting a spirit event for characters that have big hands.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Protagonist-kun is canonically taller then her, but also Smash is inconsistent with how much they care about canon height... Sometimes it's cited as a reason to make someone an echo over an alt, while sometimes they just don't care at all.

I still think he'd be a cameo role at minimum, but who knows what would happen...
I don’t disagree that ayumi has the edge but sakurai is a hard one to predict

Treked

Smash Cadet
NNID
3DS FC
4296-3633-4104
Switch FC
SW-3184-5921-0328
Anyone else got the investigation theme stuck in their head? Idk if it's memorable as much as it just played all the fricking time. Can someone also tell me if Ayumi gets more screentime in TGWSB? I'd assume so given as it's about her school. If you told me which side character should be in Smash based off of story importance, I'd have told you Dr. Kumada would whip out his detecti- er I mean medical knowledge in the field of Smash.
Pretty sure Ayumi's role bigger in TGWSB and yeah the Investigation theme from the Missing Heir slaps hearing a lot of covers lately cause of how catchy I found it.
By the way here a video that compiles all versions of TGWSB OST (Switch - Super Famicom - Famicom)

And here The Missing Heir OST (Switch - Famicom)

This remix kinda starts like a Recollection/Reminiscense theme from Ace Attorney

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don’t mind who they’d add as a newcomer, tbh. Either way, the series is getting a character, and FDC would get a lot more attention as a result.

If push came to shove though, I’d still pick Ayumi because I think she’s adorable and would somehow fit more as a Smash fighter compared to the Everyman protagonist.

After finishing the Missing Heir a few days ago, all I’d just like to say is that if Ayumi is chosen as a playable character, I’d love for the protagonist to be part of her Final Smash like Rex/Chrom at least. Like, he could show up and accuse the fighter with the evidence he’s gathered off-screen, and Ayumi compiles together her evidence with the protagonist’s and the resulting accusation is so severe it “knocks” the fighter off their feet and beyond the stage boundary.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’m on Chapter 3 of The Missing Heir. Putting Ys VIII on the backburner for now (currently on the final chapter of that one) so I can have the extra time to finish both FDC games, they’re really interesting and I’m also following a spoiler free walkthrough just in case that I get stuck or stumped. Favorite part about the games are the QoL updates such as the story recap, which is awesome in case you haven’t played in a couple days or so and want to be caught up to speed. Also, feel free to add me to the supporter list as well. :grin:

amageish

Smash Master
Hmm...you think they would just use the in-game cinematics to do the reveal trailer?
I guess it depends on the style they take for it. I could see something in the style of the game with an Isabelle-esque "Ayumi receives an invitation/mission of joining Smash and is surprised/bashful about it," or I could see a pre-rendered thing where another character from Smash is exploring the world of Famicom Detective (ex/ Simon's turn to investigate the high school?) and Ayumi pops in there.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Hmm...you think they would just use the in-game cinematics to do the reveal trailer?
It'd be pretty great if they collaborated with MAGES to create custom art and stuff for a trailer.
It might be too soon after the way the Pyra and Mythra trailer was written, but it could more or less be written the same way. Assuming Ayumi is the fighter, the Protagonist could investigate the disappearance of Ayumi under the guise of gameplay from the remakes.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I’d imagine Utsugi would be commissioned by some Smash Fighter to investigate something, Ayumi gets put on the case (since Protag-kun is on vacation), and then she gets to the location and given a Smash Invite by Inkling. Ayumi Investigates the Battle. Before it cuts to gameplay she is given a Naginata and then it transfers over to the Gameplay.

FemMain26

Smash Apprentice
I`ve just started Chapter 1 of the Missing Heir. Also no FDC Spirit Event this week so Ayumi is still in the clear thus far.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Just beat the games. Holy **** that was amazing. and minor spoilers for The Girl Who Stand Behind
Sadly, I didn't get Ayumi's affection. Anyone else?
I got 16/20 hearts, which resulted in Ayumi talking about being excited to work with me and thanking me for being nice to her.

I can't find any footage of anyone at 20 hearts; apparently it was broken in the original game and you couldn't max it out, so it's possible that glitch was kept in the remake... I don't especially like it when glitches are kept in remakes/remasters, but whatever...

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hello Famicom Detective Club Fans, i'm currently playing through The Girl Who Stand Behind and there's a lingering question i've been wanting to ask about.
When you see Ayumi in front of the mirror in the school hallway, you are given a choice to give her Yoko's ID, i didn't give her the ID though i'm curious, without any spoilers does this effect the story and the ending?

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Finished The Missing Heir finally last night. Yeah, that 1980s video game style of wondering what the heck to do was still felt with this one hard. It's truly not for everyone, but the story came together in a real satisfying way. For a while I thought I figured things out well in advance. More details on that in the spoiler below. But the plot got really creative at the end and pleasantly surprised me.

I thought Kazuto was Kanda for a while and it was gonna turn out no one in the family had met Kanda in person, meaning Kazuto's face wouldn't be recognized. Instead Kazuto became a mega chad at the end so it worked better.

The modern day visuals really helped out this game's atmosphere. To the point where the corpses the protagonist found were genuinely unsettling and the part at end of the game was scary for real. It makes me excited to try The Girl Who Stands Behind because that one looks more like it'll be focused on being horror. Was pleasantly surprised to see the protagonist be his own fully fleshed out character in this, but I do wish we got a bit more Ayumi. The Girl Who Stands Behind also already got a remake once before so maybe there'll be more quality of life features in it.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
You'd think that if Nintendo was going to add a FDC Spirit event for the release of the new FDC games, they would want to do it fairly close to the games' release. So if there are no FDC spirits in the next one or two spirit events, we should be in the clear.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
You'd think that if Nintendo was going to add a FDC Spirit event for the release of the new FDC games, they would want to do it fairly close to the games' release. So if there are no FDC spirits in the next one or two spirit events, we should be in the clear.
Yeah I really hope we don't get an Event. his board's Kindness has really made this Character I thought was decently likely with noone giving it attention into a Most Wanted Fighter of mine. Essentially making a Rare Occurrence of me wanting a Fighter I also think has a really good shot of getting in. So, I really hope we don't get an Event within the Next Three Months. After that, we're in the clear!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given how close we are to E3 and most likely FP10's release, it's unlikely we'll get another new spirit board event with new spirits for at least a little while. They typically get quiet when closer to a new DLC fighter release

Top Bottom