• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Really? Huh, I really wonder how that would have played out. Wait a minute... I thought Another Code and Hotel Dusk take place in totally different time periods...?
They do, but it's not that far apart in time that they couldn't conceivably meet. Hotel Dusk took place in 79 and the first Another Code took place in 2005.

Now I realize that we might have missed out on Old Man Hyde, and that's just the biggest tragedy.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I was looking for more stuff on Ayumi and found in the sequel, they had changed her school uniform.
o0512044813597636988.jpg
It could make a nice alternate color for her.

In the game she also has another outfit she wears.
Ayumi lost memories.png
(And another similar colored one)
Ayumi lost.png

I might update my alternate color picture with these. Maybe.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So if Ashley is Japanese-American, is Mona Italian-American? I know they ain't related but I'm just curious.
I've wondered that myself... Personally, I've gone with that idea, but Nintendo's never said anything on the subject (doubt they ever will either...).

They do, but it's not that far apart in time that they couldn't conceivably meet. Hotel Dusk took place in 79 and the first Another Code took place in 2005.

Now I realize that we might have missed out on Old Man Hyde, and that's just the biggest tragedy.
Oh, God... you're right. We legit missed out on Old Man Kyle. CiNG couldn't even give us concept art if him? Come on...

we were a very small group
I remember. Did you ever think up a moveset for her, or...?

I was looking for more stuff on Ayumi and found in the sequel, they had changed her school uniform.
View attachment 278689
It could make a nice alternate color for her.

In the game she also has another outfit she wears.
View attachment 278690
(And another similar colored one)
View attachment 278691

I might update my alternate color picture with these. Maybe.
Wow, they look so good! Say, don't these come from the final Detective Club game on Super Famicom (where Ayumi was the main protagonist, no less)?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
i did, utilising a number of items she found through out the games, itll be be burried in the forum somewhere
I don't suppose you remember the specifics of the moveset, do you? If you don't, it's fine. I'll just try to look for it. By the way, was 'D' involved in the moveset by any chance?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't suppose you remember the specifics of the moveset, do you? If you don't, it's fine. I'll just try to look for it. By the way, was 'D' involved in the moveset by any chance?
D is one of five things i remember about the moveset, i believe he was the recovery move

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I think he was. I think you made it so that Ashley would panic a bit from being lifted off the ground by him, too.
dont recall that

edit: found it

b: uses camera on DAS, flash stuns other characters
b up: D carries her upwards, characters who touch D take damage
b down: matthew block an oncoming attack and then counter attacks by swinging his bag
b side: uses TAS, the beam that comes out flipps characters around

basic attack: strikes with hammer
strong side: swings saw
strong up: throws box of charcoal overhead
strong down: drops small weights

side smash: swings her guitar
up smash: uses hose like a whip
down smash: drops iron ball

up air: swings broom over head
forward air: swipes with fishing rod
down air: drops puzzle box
back air: throws book behind her

dash: slides forward using bag of ice

pummel: jabs with nail
forward throw: pushes them forward and hits them with her bag
back throw: throw behind her and smasks with laptop
up throw: sends them upwards by hitting them with life ring
down throw: drops them to ground and hits them with guitar

final smash: i have to remember, based on the end of chapter quizzes where ashley goes over recent events. ashley stands and goes through her memories, the memories take on the form of images from her games the images cover the stage and damage characters

up taunt: looks through kaleidoscope
down taunt: hugs teddy bear
side taunt: admires her mother's pendant

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow, they look so good! Say, don't these come from the final Detective Club game on Super Famicom (where Ayumi was the main protagonist, no less)?
A bit late as I wasn't home for a while, but yes, they are from the Satellaview game.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
dont recall that

edit: found it

b: uses camera on DAS, flash stuns other characters
b up: D carries her upwards, characters who touch D take damage
b down: matthew block an oncoming attack and then counter attacks by swinging his bag
b side: uses TAS, the beam that comes out flipps characters around

basic attack: strikes with hammer
strong side: swings saw
strong up: throws box of charcoal overhead
strong down: drops small weights

side smash: swings her guitar
up smash: uses hose like a whip
down smash: drops iron ball

up air: swings broom over head
forward air: swipes with fishing rod
down air: drops puzzle box
back air: throws book behind her

dash: slides forward using bag of ice

pummel: jabs with nail
forward throw: pushes them forward and hits them with her bag
back throw: throw behind her and smasks with laptop
up throw: sends them upwards by hitting them with life ring
down throw: drops them to ground and hits them with guitar

final smash: i have to remember, based on the end of chapter quizzes where ashley goes over recent events. ashley stands and goes through her memories, the memories take on the form of images from her games the images cover the stage and damage characters

up taunt: looks through kaleidoscope
down taunt: hugs teddy bear
side taunt: admires her mother's pendant
Yeah, I remember seeing all of this when I came across your Ashley Mizuki Robbins for Smash 4 thread. That said, I don't think I ever gave you credit for how good it is. So... it looks really good as a Ashley moveset. :)

A bit late as I wasn't home for a while, but yes, they are from the Satellaview game.
Ah, thank you. By the way, Ayumi was voiced by Videl (Yuko Minaguchi), wasn't she? I still wonder... had Ayumi made it into Melee, would Minaguchi have returned for the role? I mean, she is the only one to give Ayumi a voice so far...

Okay, updates my color sheet.

View attachment 279255
Nice costume designs. Out of curiosity, may I ask which 8 would you choose out of all of these?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I remember seeing all of this when I came across your Ashley Mizuki Robbins for Smash 4 thread. That said, I don't think I ever gave you credit for how good it is. So... it looks really good as a Ashley moveset. :)
thanks

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
This one is very interesting. I think she'd be a good fit, being one of Gunpei Yokoi's characters and all.

Gunpei Yokoi is one of the main reasons Nintendo still exists in the form it does today. There's a lot of history behind this character. God bless that man. He made the Game & Watch, the D-Pad, the Game Boy, all things we take for granted today. He's often called "The Father of Games". Mr. Game & Watch is kind of his legacy, it's amazing to think about.

I wonder if BS Tantei Club will ever get remade for the Switch though...maybe as part of the current remakes? I mean, Satellaview stuff has been remade as we've seen with Fire Emblem New Mystery.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This one is very interesting. I think she'd be a good fit, being one of Gunpei Yokoi's characters and all.

Gunpei Yokoi is one of the main reasons Nintendo still exists in the form it does today. There's a lot of history behind this character. God bless that man. He made the Game & Watch, the D-Pad, the Game Boy, all things we take for granted today. He's often called "The Father of Games". Mr. Game & Watch is kind of his legacy, it's amazing to think about.

I wonder if BS Tantei Club will ever get remade for the Switch though...maybe as part of the current remakes? I mean, Satellaview stuff has been remade as we've seen with Fire Emblem New Mystery.
we do have some of his characters already dont we

Oddball

Smash Lord
Nice costume designs. Out of curiosity, may I ask which 8 would you choose out of all of these?
Take the top row, remove the pink and blonde version and the one the second from the left.
Replace them with the red and black version and the one on the far right.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Man, I always forget how many characters Yokoi is responsible for (indirectly or otherwise).

As for the Satellaview thing, I actually do hope that game will be remade as well. I mean, it's only fair, right? Actually, it makes me wonder... if the game has voice acting, do you all think Yuko Minaguchi would return to voice Ayumi or would Nintendo get a new voice actress for her?

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
we do have some of his characters already dont we
He made the Game & Watch
Yep, as I said in my post, we have Mr. Game & Watch. Please read the full post!

Man, I always forget how many characters Yokoi is responsible for (indirectly or otherwise).

As for the Satellaview thing, I actually do hope that game will be remade as well. I mean, it's only fair, right? Actually, it makes me wonder... if the game has voice acting, do you all think Yuko Minaguchi would return to voice Ayumi or would Nintendo get a new voice actress for her?
It'd be amazing if that were the case. In the voice acting industry, it's commonplace for a single voice actor to voice their characters for life. There are exceptions to this, of course, though they're extremely frowned upon. I'm not sure if they'd even remember she did voice Ayumi though...we're talking what, 20+ years here? If they do though, that'd be incredible, and a really pleasant surprise.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
with out spoiling the story if you base your ideas on anything story related if you dont mind

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It'd be amazing if that were the case. In the voice acting industry, it's commonplace for a single voice actor to voice their characters for life. There are exceptions to this, of course, though they're extremely frowned upon. I'm not sure if they'd even remember she did voice Ayumi though...we're talking what, 20+ years here? If they do though, that'd be incredible, and a really pleasant surprise.
Yeah, I'm not sure if Nintendo would consider it a big priority to call Minaguchi back (unless they wanted to appeal to nostalgia), so maybe they'll get someone new. Still, it makes me wonder if Minaguchi would have voiced her in Melee, had she been playable.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With all this beta stuff getting leaked and dumped lately, I could see a cut Ayumi render, model, and voice clips found within Melee's files when they start digging into the Gamecube stuff. I wish.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
With all this beta stuff getting leaked and dumped lately, I could see a cut Ayumi render, model, and voice clips found within Melee's files when they start digging into the Gamecube stuff. I wish.
i assume you say "i wish" cause you know she was considered far to early to have any of that?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Last night I dreamt that Ayumi got revealed for Smash, alongside the announcement that the remake would be localized. It was pretty in-depth on the game's features and plot. Though for some reason Ayumi in Smash was stylized as pixel art, I couldn't even recognize her. Then there was an animated cutscene that appeared to be from the remake, but it was actually still Smash and Phoenix Wright got announced.

Pretty cool dream if I say so myself, I got super excited thinking it was real.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Last night I dreamt that Ayumi got revealed for Smash, alongside the announcement that the remake would be localized. It was pretty in-depth on the game's features and plot. Though for some reason Ayumi in Smash was stylized as pixel art, I couldn't even recognize her. Then there was an animated cutscene that appeared to be from the remake, but it was actually still Smash and Phoenix Wright got announced.

Pretty cool dream if I say so myself, I got super excited thinking it was real.
i dont think any of my smash dreams have made that much sense

amageish

Smash Master
Hello! Have I never posted in this thread? It seems I've never posted in this thread... in spite of Ayumi being in my profile picture... Um, I support Ayumi!

Anyway... Anyone else find it weird we still lack news on Famicom Detective's remake? Feels like they could have put that out... sometime. Assuming it's still a 2020 game, then one would expect news soon...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hello! Have I never posted in this thread? It seems I've never posted in this thread... in spite of Ayumi being in my profile picture... Um, I support Ayumi!

Anyway... Anyone else find it weird we still lack news on Famicom Detective's remake? Feels like they could have put that out... sometime. Assuming it's still a 2020 game, then one would expect news soon...
Welcome. It's nice to have another detective join the club.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

The radio silence is odd. If I had to guess, I'd say it's either just that low priority for Nintendo and they plan to shadowdrop it like Kirby Fighters 2, orrrr they're actually localizing it and that's what's taking so long.

Latter's more a hope than an expectation.

amageish

Smash Master
The radio silence is odd. If I had to guess, I'd say it's either just that low priority for Nintendo and they plan to shadowdrop it like Kirby Fighters 2, orrrr they're actually localizing it and that's what's taking so long.

Latter's more a hope than an expectation.
I kind of doubt they'd completely shadowdrop it like they did with Kirby, just because it's being done by/with Mages and I imagine Nintendo wants to show off that their collobration is valued and is not just going to be dropped on the eShop without prior announcement... That said, yeah, they could definitely just announce it's incoming via Twitter, as that is their MO lately.

An actual localization would be fantastic though... My hope is low, but the hype would run very high if it happened.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, it officially got delayed. That's something.

If it makes anybody feel better, 2021 is already shaping up to be a better year for Nintendo releases than 2020 was. Well, assuming Covid is dealt with by that point...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If it makes anybody feel better, 2021 is already shaping up to be a better year for Nintendo releases than 2020 was. Well, assuming Covid is dealt with by that point...
For what it's worth, Detective Club should theoretically be less resource-intensive than the rest of their stuff, since it's remakes of VNs (although there's dialect-updating to take into consideration).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Top Bottom