• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schoolgirl Famicom Detective, Ayumi Tachibana for Smash Switch (Famicom Detective Club Remakes Coming to the Switch)

Oddball

Smash Lord
I'm with you on the Tomodachi idea. I'd also have it set at night and have the lights flicker and sometimes go out on certain floors leaving them in complete darkness for a short time.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
My idea for a stage has a stage hazard that's more than a little bit spoilery...

A breakable mirror that summons The Girl In The Back?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
My idea for a stage has a stage hazard that's more than a little bit spoilery...

... Are you sure you're not trying to propose a Fatal Frame stage?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
... Are you sure you're not trying to propose a Fatal Frame stage?
Perfect compromise. Let's get a Fatal Frame stage in there. Along with the Tomodachi Life-esque stage. Also, give the school stage a day/night cycle!

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord

I'd rather keep the Girl in Back as part of Ayumi's Final Smash.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I have a feeling that Ayumi might still be in the running, I have a theory that if a DLC character that already has a spirit, then they will be given a new fighter spirit with different artwork to that of the original spirit. For example the Ayumi fighter spirit will be called Ayumi Tachibana (Fighter) and use this piece of artwork.
Ayumi_Tachibana.png

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Didn't Reggie say though, that the DLC characters would be from series new to Smash? As in, never before represented in any shape or form.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Okay, first off. That wouldn't make sense, because obviously all DLC charactersare gonna be folks that were never playable in Smash before. It'd be impossible for them to do otherwise.

Second, let's not forget, Reggie said: "characters that are new to the series like Joker from Persona 5".

"Like Joker", kinda implies that it's characters with no representation in Smash ever before.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Okay, first off. That wouldn't make sense, because obviously all DLC charactersare gonna be folks that were never playable in Smash before. It'd be impossible for them to do otherwise.

Second, let's not forget, Reggie said: "characters that are new to the series like Joker from Persona 5".

"Like Joker", kinda implies that it's characters with no representation in Smash ever before.
But yet again this could be PR talk.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Does anyone know where I can find fan art of Ayumi in the Persona 5 style? Joker getting in has given me many things I want to see.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone gotten Ayumi's spirit yet? If it's in WOL does anyone know where?

EDIT: I just found her spirit on the spirit board. Now does anyone know if there is FDC music in the game? I didn't recognize the music used in her spirit battle. So I don't know if it's Famicom Detective Club music or some other music they thought would fit her battle.

Last edited:

Sakura CCS

Smash Rookie
does anyone know where in the world of light you will be able to find Ayumi's spirit

Sakura CCS

Smash Rookie
Has anyone gotten Ayumi's spirit yet? If it's in WOL does anyone know where?

EDIT: I just found her spirit on the spirit board. Now does anyone know if there is FDC music in the game? I didn't recognize the music used in her spirit battle. So I don't know if it's Famicom Detective Club music or some other music they thought would fit her battle.
The music that played for me was the Route 10 theme from Pokemon

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So... what exactly does Ayumi's Spirit Battle consist of?
I meant to post it here but forgot. I don't remember who you fight - I think a Villager - but the battlefield is Onett Omega and there's a constant fog that ebbs and flows.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I meant to post it here but forgot. I don't remember who you fight - I think a Villager - but the battlefield is Onett Omega and there's a constant fog that ebbs and flows.
Oh, so you fight a Villager (I'm going to take a shot-in-the-dark here and say you'll end up fighting... the Villager's third female alt.?) and the battle is based on... the Girl in the Back?

Sakura CCS

Smash Rookie
I remember fighting her in town and city with a villager

D

Deleted member

Just had her battle like an hour ago, it's female Villager with constant fog and Smoke Balls spawning. I didn't particularly care for the stage, it was one of the two Animal Crossing ones, I think Smashville. But all of the AC stages are tame enough for it to not matter much.

As for her spirit:
She's a one star, one slot support spirit that makes it easier to escape grabs and stuns.

And no, she is not in story mode nor can she be summoned. The only way to get her is through the Spirit Board. Good luck.

D

Deleted member

Pretty quiet here right now, so I decided to redo the Ayumi battle and get all the info needed about her spirit. At least I think so, feel free to ask if something's unclear. Spoilers obviously.
Ayumi is spirit # 1138, placing her in the NES/Famicom section

Her ability makes escaping easier, was a bit surprised by this, I expected a Detective Pikachu clone, especially with the battle condition. Though, without going into too much detail, it also makes sense with what happened in Famicom Tantei Club 2. As you can see, she's a 1 star, 1 slot support spirit. Nothing special, but hey, at least she's here.
Against the blue female Villager on foggy Town & City with Smoke Balls spawning

Pokemon music plays (Route 10 - Pokemon Black and White)

I think that should cover pretty much everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Pretty quiet here right now, so I decided to redo the Ayumi battle and get all the info needed about her spirit. At least I think so, feel free to ask if something's unclear. Spoilers obviously.
Ayumi is spirit # 1138, placing her in the NES/Famicom section

Her ability makes escaping easier, was a bit surprised by this, I expected a Detective Pikachu clone, especially with the battle condition. Though, without going into too much detail, it also makes sense with what happened in Famicom Tantei Club 2. As you can see, she's a 1 star, 1 slot support spirit. Nothing special, but hey, at least she's here.
Against the blue female Villager on foggy Town & City with Smoke Balls spawning

Pokemon music plays (Route 10 - Pokemon Black and White)

I think that should cover pretty much everything.
Say, could I ask how you acquired Mona's Spirit?

D

Deleted member

What do you mean? I literally said that Mona is one of two summon spirits you need Ayumi for. Or am I misunderstanding you?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
What do you mean? I literally said that Mona is one of two summon spirits you need Ayumi for. Or am I misunderstanding you?
I think you might be misunderstanding me. What I meant was what was Mona's Spirit Battle like (if she even has one), and can she be found in WoL?

D

Deleted member

Oh, this way.
I'm 99% (leaving 1% because I don't have the actual data) sure she's summon only, never saw her on the Spirit Board during all my time grinding and the Board does favor Spirits you don't own yet, Nor did I see her in any of the 5 spirit shops. Needless to say that also means she's not in the story mode. So on one hand, she's guaranteed to get when you have the Spirits needed to summon her, on the other hand... you kinda need the Spirits first. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, she shows up in the normal shop, but I don't recall ever seeing her there either. Also if you wanna know what you need to summon Mona:
  • Ouendan Cheerleaders
  • Ayumi Tachibana

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh, this way.
I'm 99% (leaving 1% because I don't have the actual data) sure she's summon only, never saw her on the Spirit Board during all my time grinding and the Board does favor Spirits you don't own yet, Nor did I see her in any of the 5 spirit shops. Needless to say that also means she's not in the story mode. So on one hand, she's guaranteed to get when you have the Spirits needed to summon her, on the other hand... you kinda need the Spirits first. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, she shows up in the normal shop, but I don't recall ever seeing her there either. Also if you wanna know what you need to summon Mona:
  • Ouendan Cheerleaders
  • Ayumi Tachibana
Ah, thank you! I have to admit, I didn't expect it to be rather lengthy to acquire Mona's soul. What's more, I was kind of hoping for a Spirit Battle with Mona. Too bad, but what are you going to do, huh?

If you don't mind, can I post what you've told me here to the 'Mona for Smash' thread?

D

Deleted member

Well, I don't see why not. It's not like this is some super secret and exclusive info.

But to go back to Ayumi to make it on topic again, has anyone figured out where her Spirit art actually comes from? I've never seen it before. nor does it look similar to this relatively more well known artwork, style wise. Which is also pretty much the only official one you can even find on google, except for some Melee trophy screenshots.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, I don't see why not. It's not like this is some super secret and exclusive info.

But to go back to Ayumi to make it on topic again, has anyone figured out where her Spirit art actually comes from? I've never seen it before. nor does it look similar to this relatively more well known artwork, style wise. Which is also pretty much the only official one you can even find on google, except for some Melee trophy screenshots.
True, true. Well, thanks again for the info. I really do appreciate it.

As for Ayumi, the fact that Nintendo DIDN'T use that artwork... I don't know, it just feels almost wrong. Like, I'll admit that what Nintendo went with isn't bad by any means. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Ayumi actually looks rather adorable, but I still wish they went with the artwork you posted a link to. I feel like it captures the mysterious feel of Famicom Detective Club better.

D

Deleted member

I got curious so I did some detective work (hehe) myself and actually found PDF scans of manuals from all four FDS releases:
1-1 | 1-2
2-1 | 2-2
Now for the weird part, Ayumi's spirit is from neither of those. We can safely rule out the first game because she wasn't in her uniform there and the third game due to being a digital Sattellaview only game (as well as the advertising using a vastly different style), meaning it has to come from the second game. Though as I said, that piece of artwork wasn't used in the FDS manuals either, closest would be Ayumi's mugshot on page 11 of manual 2-1 and even that has some big differences. And as for the SNES release, it was Nintendo Power exclusive, so it didn't come with a box or proper manual either, as well as also (famously) using a vastly different artstyle as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom