• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright. I didn't realize that the OP had a moveset already made. But after thinking up this imaginary moveset for a little while, I figured I'd go ahead and write it up before looking at R.O.B.'s creation. Then we can compare. For funsies!

I know my Daisy icon will likely give the impression that I'm obsessed with the character, but really, that's just a happy coincidence. I swear. (Though I do tend to use her in every game she's in.)

---
Princess Daisy
The Will-Probably-Never-Happen (But Whatever) Moveset for Smash Fo(u)r Wii U/3DS.

Her appearance and moveset are based off of her various Mario spin-off appearances. This both embraces her tomboyish character and offers some overdue celebration for Nintendo's ongoing kart racing, party game and various sports series, which have netted nearly 200 million sales overall. I hope to make her entirely unique and distinct from the rest of the cast, and hopefully make y'all feel bad for not requesting Daisy more often. (<3)​

---
Appearance

Her appearance would be based on her outfit in Super Mario Strikers for Gamecube. The color variation and extra clothing would be more appealing on a Smash Bros. character model than her usual sports game attire (considering how little of the screen she'll take up) and offers some cool options for color swaps.

While idling, she'd shift around on her feet as though unable to contain her energy. Her dash would resemble a simple sprint (much like how she would in Strikers, or 3-on-3 Hoops, etc.), as would her initial jump. Her second would be a back flip resembling the high jump animation in the Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. Walking would be a sassy hip-sway, and crouching would be a squat with her hands on the ground, as if ready to jump. Crawling would be a simple hands-and-knees crawl with her head down and cautious.

Her voice will be immediately recognizable and... well, Daisy-like. She'll be easy to annoy with if you spam the right voice cues, but that's what makes Daisy Daisy.
---
Specials
  • B -- Sports Strike (from Mario Sports Mix, Tennis, Sluggers & Golf)
    • Much like Peach's Fsmash, this will rotate among four different moves: a baseball bat swing at mid-level, a dodgeball throw at head level, a tennis racket swing at head-to-mid-level and a golf swing at low-to-head level. All of these moves would launch a ball across the stage and have accompanying sound effects. Daisy will shout, "Heads up!" when using it and, if it connects, Daisy will belt out, "HA-HA!" Regardless of connecting, the ball will vanish soon afterward. Can be done in the air without free fall. Not the quickest projectile, and isn't easily spammed, but it does good damage.
  • sideB -- Start Your Engines (from Mario Kart)
    • Daisy will appear in a standard kart, much like Wario's bike, only lower to the ground. Instead of going forward instantly, though, you'll hold B to charge the move (revving the engine). If you don't charge long enough, you'll slowly move forward without going very far. Charge a good amount, and she'll fly forward while yelling excitedly. Charge too long and, like in Mario Kart, she'll overload and stall. (This takes a really long time, though.) This can be used for horizontal recovery, but finishes in a free fall. And the kart disappears once the move is done.
  • upB -- Pole Vault (from Mario & Sonic at the Olympics)
    • From her spot, on the ground or in the air, she'll strike a pole forward and down and use it to propel her into the air at a 70 degree arc. Think of it like Rosalina's upB, only not quite as high. The pole tip itself is a meteor smash if it connects, but has a very small chance of hitting. As she goes upward and forward, she kicks her legs out in front of her to strike anyone in her path, though the knockback is minimal. She does not go into free fall afterward; instead, she is in a state like after Sonic's upB. This is primarily for recovery, rather than dependable damage.
  • downB -- Roll of the Dice (from Mario Party)
    • Daisy will strike a pose toward the screen with her arm raised in the air as a Mario Party die appears from thin air and quickly spins to a number. Works like WFT's Deep Breathing, only it doesn't require as much time and works at random. If she rolls a ten, she'll excitedly yell, "Yeah!" and gain a temporary buff, represented by a gently glowing aura on her body. If she rolls anything else, she'll pout, "Aww..." and gain no buff. The frequency of using this move will diminish her chances of gaining a buff, meaning: if you barely use it, you're very likely to roll a ten when you do, but if you overuse it, you're progressively less likely to roll a ten. This would add a neat wrinkle to competitive play, as players would need to plan when to try and use the buff.
---
Normals
  • Ground Moves
    • Fsmash -- A spinning elbow strike in the mid-to-high range.
    • Usmash -- A bicycle overhead kick. Somewhat like Fox's, but more vertical with little forward range.
    • Dsmash -- A break dance-like kicking move, a la DDR: Mario Mix. Strikes both sides consecutively.
    • Jab -- A three-part jab, much like ZSS's in Brawl.
    • Dash Attack -- A headbutt with her arms bent and weight leaning forward.
  • Aerials
    • Nair -- Similar to Zelda's spinning Nair, but with little green flowers twirling around her and a childish "Aha!"
    • Fair -- A frontal kick with upward knockback; looks like a soccer kick.
    • Bair -- A double-leg kick much like Mario's. Horizontal knockback.
    • Uair -- An uppercut. (Mainly just because I think I have too many leg moves.)
    • Dair -- Legs spread outward and she throws her fists downward, like Sakura from Street Fighter. Possible meteor smash.
  • Tilts
    • Ftilt -- Strikes forward in a downward arc with a fencing sword, a la Mario & Sonic at the Olympics.
    • Utilt -- Waves her hand over her head to cast an array of flowers. Little knockback. For setups.
    • Dtilt -- Tripping leg sweep, not as good for setups.
  • Throws (Grabbing results in a headlock, pummels are noogies. Because that's so Daisy.)
    • Fthrow -- Knee-to-the-gut, forward knockback.
    • Bthrow -- Spin 180 degrees to throw backwards.
    • Uthrow -- Just tosses the character over her head like a sack of potatoes. Little knockback; meant for setting up aerial chains.
    • Dthrow -- Pushes the character down, all bully-like, and performs an elbow drop on him to launch upward.
---
Taunts
  • Up Taunt -- Her "DAISY!" quote from selecting her in Mario Kart 8 while hopping up excitedly. Because that's so spammable.
  • Side Taunt -- She shifts her weight from her heels to her toes with an orange and yellow umbrella held behind her head, humming casually before blowing a big pink bubble that pops on her face. After her eyes grow in surprise, she bends over and cleans it off with her hands.
  • Down Taunt -- She whips out a basketball and does a quick dribble maneuver (front, back, between the legs) before standing with a hand on her hip and the ball spinning on her finger. Then she tosses the ball behind her nonchalantly. Basketball sound effects ensue.
  • Winning Pose -- Much like getting a birdy in Mario Golf: World Tour, she twirls in a flurry of flower petals and reappears in her standard dress-- only her finishing pose leaves her flexing her bicep and winking at the screen, saying, "Yeah-eah!" in typical Daisy fashion.
---
Final Smash

Ripping her "Crystallized Daisy" Mega Strike straight from Strikers. When pressing B, she'll kick a soccer ball forward at a slight upward angle. If she hits someone with the ball then, much like Captain Falcon's final smash, that character will go off stage and land in front of a soccer goal. He/she will then cower in fear as Daisy rises into the air, silhouettes and glows, charges her fist and punches a flaming soccer ball directly at the character. He/she is then struck and thrown through the goal's net, then flies off screen for an instant KO once the final smash is over.

---
Aaannnnd... I think that's it! She's a medium-to-lightweight character with moderate speed and surprising power. Her specials are fun but not the fastest, and she relies on her aerial game more than her ground game-- but if you can land a smash, she's pretty freakin' strong. Her specials rely on timing and counting uses, which gives her a unique opportunity for strategy in a 1v1 setup. I tried to reference every one of her spin-off appearances in some way; I don't think I missed any.

Hope y'all enjoy it.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Interesting list there, and it's very different from Peach's elegant play style. If this were an actual character, this will probably get people off her back, saying she's just like Peach, although, I DO picture her with above average running speed.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alright. I didn't realize that the OP had a moveset already made. But after thinking up this imaginary moveset for a little while, I figured I'd go ahead and write it up before looking at R.O.B.'s creation. Then we can compare. For funsies!

I know my Daisy icon will likely give the impression that I'm obsessed with the character, but really, that's just a happy coincidence. I swear. (Though I do tend to use her in every game she's in.)

---
Princess Daisy
The Will-Probably-Never-Happen (But Whatever) Moveset for Smash Fo(u)r Wii U/3DS.

Her appearance and moveset are based off of her various Mario spin-off appearances. This both embraces her tomboyish character and offers some overdue celebration for Nintendo's ongoing kart racing, party game and various sports series, which have netted nearly 200 million sales overall. I hope to make her entirely unique and distinct from the rest of the cast, and hopefully make y'all feel bad for not requesting Daisy more often. (<3)​

---
Appearance

Her appearance would be based on her outfit in Super Mario Strikers for Gamecube. The color variation and extra clothing would be more appealing on a Smash Bros. character model than her usual sports game attire (considering how little of the screen she'll take up) and offers some cool options for color swaps.

While idling, she'd shift around on her feet as though unable to contain her energy. Her dash would resemble a simple sprint (much like how she would in Strikers, or 3-on-3 Hoops, etc.), as would her initial jump. Her second would be a back flip resembling the high jump animation in the Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. Walking would be a sassy hip-sway, and crouching would be a squat with her hands on the ground, as if ready to jump. Crawling would be a simple hands-and-knees crawl with her head down and cautious.

Her voice will be immediately recognizable and... well, Daisy-like. She'll be easy to annoy with if you spam the right voice cues, but that's what makes Daisy Daisy.
---
Specials
  • B -- Sports Strike (from Mario Sports Mix, Tennis, Sluggers & Golf)
    • Much like Peach's Fsmash, this will rotate among four different moves: a baseball bat swing at mid-level, a dodgeball throw at head level, a tennis racket swing at head-to-mid-level and a golf swing at low-to-head level. All of these moves would launch a ball across the stage and have accompanying sound effects. Daisy will shout, "Heads up!" when using it and, if it connects, Daisy will belt out, "HA-HA!" Regardless of connecting, the ball will vanish soon afterward. Can be done in the air without free fall. Not the quickest projectile, and isn't easily spammed, but it does good damage.
  • sideB -- Start Your Engines (from Mario Kart)
    • Daisy will appear in a standard kart, much like Wario's bike, only lower to the ground. Instead of going forward instantly, though, you'll hold B to charge the move (revving the engine). If you don't charge long enough, you'll slowly move forward without going very far. Charge a good amount, and she'll fly forward while yelling excitedly. Charge too long and, like in Mario Kart, she'll overload and stall. (This takes a really long time, though.) This can be used for horizontal recovery, but finishes in a free fall. And the kart disappears once the move is done.
  • upB -- Pole Vault (from Mario & Sonic at the Olympics)
    • From her spot, on the ground or in the air, she'll strike a pole forward and down and use it to propel her into the air at a 70 degree arc. Think of it like Rosalina's upB, only not quite as high. The pole tip itself is a meteor smash if it connects, but has a very small chance of hitting. As she goes upward and forward, she kicks her legs out in front of her to strike anyone in her path, though the knockback is minimal. She does not go into free fall afterward; instead, she is in a state like after Sonic's upB. This is primarily for recovery, rather than dependable damage.
  • downB -- Roll of the Dice (from Mario Party)
    • Daisy will strike a pose toward the screen with her arm raised in the air as a Mario Party die appears from thin air and quickly spins to a number. Works like WFT's Deep Breathing, only it doesn't require as much time and works at random. If she rolls a ten, she'll excitedly yell, "Yeah!" and gain a temporary buff, represented by a gently glowing aura on her body. If she rolls anything else, she'll pout, "Aww..." and gain no buff. The frequency of using this move will diminish her chances of gaining a buff, meaning: if you barely use it, you're very likely to roll a ten when you do, but if you overuse it, you're progressively less likely to roll a ten. This would add a neat wrinkle to competitive play, as players would need to plan when to try and use the buff.
---
Normals
  • Ground Moves
    • Fsmash -- A spinning elbow strike in the mid-to-high range.
    • Usmash -- A bicycle overhead kick. Somewhat like Fox's, but more vertical with little forward range.
    • Dsmash -- A break dance-like kicking move, a la DDR: Mario Mix. Strikes both sides consecutively.
    • Jab -- A three-part jab, much like ZSS's in Brawl.
    • Dash Attack -- A headbutt with her arms bent and weight leaning forward.
  • Aerials
    • Nair -- Similar to Zelda's spinning Nair, but with little green flowers twirling around her and a childish "Aha!"
    • Fair -- A frontal kick with upward knockback; looks like a soccer kick.
    • Bair -- A double-leg kick much like Mario's. Horizontal knockback.
    • Uair -- An uppercut. (Mainly just because I think I have too many leg moves.)
    • Dair -- Legs spread outward and she throws her fists downward, like Sakura from Street Fighter. Possible meteor smash.
  • Tilts
    • Ftilt -- Strikes forward in a downward arc with a fencing sword, a la Mario & Sonic at the Olympics.
    • Utilt -- Waves her hand over her head to cast an array of flowers. Little knockback. For setups.
    • Dtilt -- Tripping leg sweep, not as good for setups.
  • Throws (Grabbing results in a headlock, pummels are noogies. Because that's so Daisy.)
    • Fthrow -- Knee-to-the-gut, forward knockback.
    • Bthrow -- Spin 180 degrees to throw backwards.
    • Uthrow -- Just tosses the character over her head like a sack of potatoes. Little knockback; meant for setting up aerial chains.
    • Dthrow -- Pushes the character down, all bully-like, and performs an elbow drop on him to launch upward.
---
Taunts
  • Up Taunt -- Her "DAISY!" quote from selecting her in Mario Kart 8 while hopping up excitedly. Because that's so spammable.
  • Side Taunt -- She shifts her weight from her heels to her toes with an orange and yellow umbrella held behind her head, humming casually before blowing a big pink bubble that pops on her face. After her eyes grow in surprise, she bends over and cleans it off with her hands.
  • Down Taunt -- She whips out a basketball and does a quick dribble maneuver (front, back, between the legs) before standing with a hand on her hip and the ball spinning on her finger. Then she tosses the ball behind her nonchalantly. Basketball sound effects ensue.
  • Winning Pose -- Much like getting a birdy in Mario Golf: World Tour, she twirls in a flurry of flower petals and reappears in her standard dress-- only her finishing pose leaves her flexing her bicep and winking at the screen, saying, "Yeah-eah!" in typical Daisy fashion.
---
Final Smash

Ripping her "Crystallized Daisy" Mega Strike straight from Strikers. When pressing B, she'll kick a soccer ball forward at a slight upward angle. If she hits someone with the ball then, much like Captain Falcon's final smash, that character will go off stage and land in front of a soccer goal. He/she will then cower in fear as Daisy rises into the air, silhouettes and glows, charges her fist and punches a flaming soccer ball directly at the character. He/she is then struck and thrown through the goal's net, then flies off screen for an instant KO once the final smash is over.

---
Aaannnnd... I think that's it! She's a medium-to-lightweight character with moderate speed and surprising power. Her specials are fun but not the fastest, and she relies on her aerial game more than her ground game-- but if you can land a smash, she's pretty freakin' strong. Her specials rely on timing and counting uses, which gives her a unique opportunity for strategy in a 1v1 setup. I tried to reference every one of her spin-off appearances in some way; I don't think I missed any.

Hope y'all enjoy it.
Not gonna lie, but this moveset is way more well thought out than my own moveset. For starters, you managed to references all of her spinoff appearances in one moveset while I only focuses on Strikers and Mario Sluggers. Having Daisy as a more more physical character actually fits her character and the lack of her Flower Power (magic) would really make her more unique than Peach. A Mario Party move does seem gimmicky enough to be a great move for our favorite princess to use. :love:

As much as I loved Super Mario Land, I feel that it shouldn't really have that much attention in Daisy's moveset since she had little-to-no personality in that game and Power-Ups are more Mario's thing. Not to mention we did only have a small amount of Super Mario Land representation (stickers, trophies, ect.) in Brawl anyway.

The lack of a "Hi, I'm Daisy" taunt is also a food think since that's the main reason why she's hated by the Mario fanbase ironically. At least you managed to give her something less annoying. :troll:

For a #1 Daisy fan, you did a great job at blowing my moveset out of the water and showing such a positive attitude toward her inclusion. I'll even add it to the OP below mines and give you credit for it like the countless other support thread's with multiple movesets.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wow. I appreciate all the positive feedback, R.O.B. That means a lot. :)

I read yours after I made mine, and I can't believe I forgot about all of those celebrations she had in Strikers. The "hot stuff-- tssss" taunt is so perfect. And it's interesting that we came up with such differing impressions of Daisy as a character. I'd actually forgotten entirely about the carrot power up even existing until I saw it as your upB choice.

I think we both came up with movesets that clearly show off who Daisy is, we just drew from some different inspirations. Making this was fun!

(I actually did something similar pre-Brawl for Majora's Mask Link, which was my most desired character at the time. I really should try to find that over on AiB again...)

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
This needs a support list and you need to add me to it.

I love every and all Royal Mario character, I don't know why, I just love them all. Even those who are hated like Honey Queen and Pink Gold Peach I adore.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This needs a support list and you need to add me to it.

I love every and all Royal Mario character, I don't know why, I just love them all. Even those who are hated like Honey Queen and Pink Gold Peach I adore.
Now that you've mentioned it, I'll take that into consideration. Not only a support list is needed, but a whole new OP reboot in general with a better layout like my Mona topic. I'd say give me three days to work on the new layout and get better arguments since it is a necessity to attract more supporters. Thanks for the advice. ;)

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Sign me up, though at best right now I think she can only gain Assist Trophy status till Nintendo decides to use her for more than roster filling in party games.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I'd prefer if she had her appearance and move sets taken almost exclusively from the spin-offs just like Waluigi would.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd prefer if she had her appearance and move sets taken almost exclusively from the spin-offs just like Waluigi would.
I do agree with this since Daisy is more commonly known as a spinoff character nowadays. The Super Mario Land power-ups are better of as items since it would be pretty weird for Daisy to use them out of nowhere. The sport outfit (hence the nickname DIHSO) is one of the main things that could easily separate her from her pink wearing bestie.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
I don't really support Daisy for Smash (I believe that Waluigi should be the one who inherits a sports-themed moveset), but that's aside the point and I'm not going to bring that up again.

However, I really don't agree with how Rosalina seems to have usurped Daisy's spot as the secondary princess in the Mario series, especially when Daisy has the longevity and a much more interesting personality - any traces of Rosalina's persona/interesting backstory kind of disappeared after the first Galaxy game.

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
I don't really support Daisy for Smash (I believe that Waluigi should be the one who inherits a sports-themed moveset), but that's aside the point and I'm not going to bring that up again.

However, I really don't agree with how Rosalina seems to have usurped Daisy's spot as the secondary princess in the Mario series, especially when Daisy has the longevity and a much more interesting personality - any traces of Rosalina's persona/interesting backstory kind of disappeared after the first Galaxy game.
I agree, I am not necessarily a Daisy fan, but for Rosalina to come out of the blue and outshine her is almost like a slap in the face for her fans.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Daisy's quite a case... like I said before, it seems that Nintendo doesn't really care about her as more than a spin-off character. I mean, that gal hadn't appeared in any regular Mario-game since SML.

Besides, it's difficult to argue with Backstory + Million-seller games + Popularity + Unseen moveset potential for the series (Puppeteer) VS Spin-off character + 1 game on Gameboy + no appearances in the main games or backstory + Costume-material for Peach + divided fanbase.

I might more of think that Daisy just needs her own game and stuff even more than being in Smash. Look at (Captain) Toad and how he's getting promo'd about. Daisy needs to at least surge up as more than a mere spinoff "spunkier Peach" to Nintendo and most of the demographic behind Mario-spinoffs and mainstream games.

However, R:O.B's moveset showed me that Daisy could use what so sets her back as a developed character for Nintendo to her advantage. I'd totally dig to see a Mario-Spinoff themed moveset, especially on Daisy.

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I'd totally dig to see a Mario-Spinoff themed moveset, especially on Daisy.
Peach already has that. Waluigi and Daisy fans really reach for movesets all the time. Which is why they're not in. Even though in my opinion, they should be at some point. But I think Toad (or Captain Toad, whatever) would get in before either of them. Then again, I don't know **** since I thought Rosalina wasn't getting in. :chuckle:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Peach already has that. Waluigi and Daisy fans really reach for movesets all the time. Which is why they're not in. Even though in my opinion, they should be at some point. But I think Toad (or Captain Toad, whatever) would get in before either of them. Then again, I don't know **** since I thought Rosalina wasn't getting in. :chuckle:
Well that's Sakurai for you, always giving you that one character that no one had expected or is less relevant than the obvious choices (Rosalina to Junior, Chorus Men to Karate Joe, ect.). WE can tell that there's only room for at least ONE Mario character as potential character and Captain Toad might happen if Sakurai's team keeps up with the whole "advertising new series/games" pattern. A lot of Japan fans did really push for Waluigi (before his disconformation) and Daisy based on one poll we've seen after hearing their opinion of Mac's inclusion. The problem with the Mario games in general is that the series is so huge that there are many potential characters to choose from, but not enough room for all of them to be squeezed into Smash.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Daisy's quite a case... like I said before, it seems that Nintendo doesn't really care about her as more than a spin-off character. I mean, that gal hadn't appeared in any regular Mario-game since SML.

Besides, it's difficult to argue with Backstory + Million-seller games + Popularity + Unseen moveset potential for the series (Puppeteer) VS Spin-off character + 1 game on Gameboy + no appearances in the main games or backstory + Costume-material for Peach + divided fanbase.

I might more of think that Daisy just needs her own game and stuff even more than being in Smash. Look at (Captain) Toad and how he's getting promo'd about. Daisy needs to at least surge up as more than a mere spinoff "spunkier Peach" to Nintendo and most of the demographic behind Mario-spinoffs and mainstream games.

However, R:O.B's moveset showed me that Daisy could use what so sets her back as a developed character for Nintendo to her advantage. I'd totally dig to see a Mario-Spinoff themed moveset, especially on Daisy.
In my opinion, I believe that Rosalina was created to be popular, since she was given a back story, unlike so many other characters in the series (I guess Mario sorta has a back story, too), and the fans just ate it up. So in a way, Rosie was made with a silver spoon in her mouth.

I like Daisy for her high energy personality that she has over the other princesses, even though Peach could also exude that kind of persona, but over all else, Peach just happens to be elegant where I think that Daisy fails to show since her recent appearances, with that loud, annoying spunky voice of hers. I know she isn't as poplar, or starred in a cannon game as of late, but, I just don't get how a head strong, tomboy, competitive, 'knock Bowser out with one blow just because he got in her way' kind of gal not be considered for Smash...but oh well...maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know she isn't as poplar, or starred in a cannon game as of late, but, I just don't get how a head strong, tomboy, competitive, 'knock Bowser out with one blow just because he got in her way' kind of gal not be considered for Smash...but oh well...maybe I'm reading too much into this.
I'll just put it simple, she's best described as a Scrappy (a character that gains hatedom in a fanbase). While while Walugi was considered a divisive character, he does have more positive reception and a dedicated fanbase. Daisy on the other hand, people hated her for being "an annoying Peach wannabe that doesn't want to decide what nationality she wants to be". People had no problems with her N64 appearance, yet she eventually becomes quite the Base Breaker ever since because she become even more annoying ("Hi I'm Daisy" aside) and came off as unoriginal compared to Waluigi.

So long story short, most of her haters are male while most of her lovers are female. She's basically on the same boat as Bowser Jr. in terms of division in the Mario fanbase.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: Say hello to the brand spanking new OP for her energetic highness.

I've added images, arguments, support list, and anything else possible to make this topic more up to date. You may feel free to take a look at it or critique it if it needs anything else. I've scrolled through all nine pages and added as much supporters as possible based on what agreed or said something positive about her possible inclusion. Though she may not be in the Final Roster, we can all push for her inclusion as DLC depending on whether she's an in-depth alternate outfit for Peach or not. We'll even keep a deep eye out if Sakurai reveals her as an outfit in a future Pic of the Day.

For those of you who are veterans, show some support for the desert princess within these last few months till release or after the release of both titles! For those of you who are new, bow down to the might of our tomboy princess!

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
The problem with the Mario games in general is that the series is so huge that there are many potential characters to choose from, but not enough room for all of them to be squeezed into Smash.
I feel the same way about the Pokemon series. I think Hawlucha would be a fantastic choice, but he's not likely to get in. Sakurai really screwed himself over with the Pokemon series. It should have just been Pikachu in the N64 game. He should have had a long term plan with the Pokemon series. 'Cause you've got fans of Mewtwo who want him back. Ivysaur and Squirtle fans also know their characters aren't coming back as well. Some think Jigglypuff should have never been there and in the distance, there is one man who weeps for Pichu. It's a mess.

Laniv

Smash Lord
I made a moveset:

Daisy appears in her sports outfit with her classic dress as an alt. She uses items from the Mario spinoffs. (Kart, Party, Sports, etc.)
Daisy's main thing is that she uses two new elements: flowers (because, you know, Daisy) and crystals (from the Mario Strikers series).

Jab: A simple PPK combo. Total 7%.
Forward Tilt: She kicks outward like Ganondorf. A flower effect occurs here. 9%.
Up Tilt: Daisy points upwards and a crystal spike pops up out of the ground. 7%.
Down Tilt: Daisy swipes downward with a crystal-encased hand. 8%
Dash Attack: Daisy gets a baseball glove on her hand and dives for a ball. While she unfortunately fails to catch it, she herself does 11% and sends the opponent out in front of her, setting them up to be hit by the ball for 3% more.

Forward Smash: She winds up with her trusty baseball bat. When she swings, the bat sprouts a flower on the end, like her Star Swing in Mario Super Sluggers. The tip of the bat is the sweetspot, dealing 30% with huge knockback. However, hitting with the middle gives the the classic "PING" sound, but only 11%.
Up Smash: Daisy winds up her fist while charging, then punches a Mario Party dice block. Does 10% uncharged, 20% fully charged.
Down Smash: Daisy spreads out her arms like Lucario, and two traveling crystals slide along the ground one and a half Bowsers away from her. If they hit up close, 19%. As they travel away from her, they deal less damage, the least being 13%.

Neutral Aerial: Daisy pauses for a bit, then unleashes flowers around her, dealing 10% damage with moderate knockback. Great for clearing space around her.
Forward Aerial: A projectile, where Daisy kicks forward a ball from Mario Strikers. The ball deals 12% damage, and can be picked up and thrown like Samus' suit pieces.
Back Aerial: With a wink to the camera, Daisy sends three petals out behind her. Each petal dos 5%.
Up Aerial: Daisy does a crystal-powered flip kick upward for 19% damage. This, along with her down aerial, is a great finisher.
Down Aerial: Daisy gets a boost off a Pikachu-sized crystal, which drills downwards. It hits 6 times for 4% damage each time. This move not only drags the opponent down with the crystal, but if the crystal hits a platform, it becomes stuck there and can only be lifted up by Daisy as a heavy item. Other opponents can stand on the crystal.

Grab and Pummel: Daisy grabs the opponent by the scruff of the neck, being as in-your-face as she is. She shakes them for 3%.
Forward Throw: Daisy heaves the opponent forward with both hands, dealing 16%.
Back Throw: Daisy kicks the opponent backwards for 10%. But juuuust to make sure, she produces a Bob-omb from her pocket, and tosses it over her shoulder right at the hapless opponent for an extra 12%.
Down Throw: Daisy knocks the opponent down to the ground, and performs a flying elbow drop on them, burying them into the ground. 8%.
Up Throw: Daisy snaps her fingers, and suddenly a flower sprouts up from the ground and whisks the opponent up, up, and away! As Daisy says "Bye-bye!", the flower carries the opponent two Bowsers above her, for 11%, with a little pop upwards at the end.

Neutral Special-- Flower Power: Daisy charges up a fist that can be stored for later use. When unleashed, Daisy lunges forward and punches. Anyone who is hit gets 25% initially, and gets the flower effect for 5 seconds after, dealing 1% per second.
Side Special-- Daisy Kart: Daisy hops on a kart and shoots straight forward while shouting "Outta the way!" to anyone foolish enough to standing there. It deals 17% and acts similarly to the Wario Bike, but indestructible and it does not remain on the stage. Daisy can press jump to dismount from the kart if she wishes. If Daisy is holding a throwing item while she uses Daisy Kart, she can still use it! If the attack is used in midair, a glider sprouts out of the kart, and Daisy can gently float down. She cannot jump out in midair.
Up Special-- Crystal Smash: Daisy shoots upward to meet a Strikers ball, and smashes it away with a crystallized hand. Anyone unfortunate enough to be in the way when Daisy smashes the ball is meteor smashed hard for 22%. This isn't the best recovery move, though: Daisy only flies a certain distance to meet the ball.
Down Special-- Flower Bed: Daisy focuses for a bit, and a flower bed appears where she stands. If an opponent walks over the bed of flowers they'll take steady chunks of damage as long as they stand there. If they stay there for too long. they experience inner peace from prolonged exposure to the garden, and drift off to sleep, completely vulnerable to any attacks. On the other hand, if Daisy stays there for long enough, she gets healed for up to 35%. However, an opponent can brave the risk of damage and sleepiness, and knock her away from the flowers. Only one flower bed can be on stage per Daisy, and it goes away after 10 seconds.

Final Smash-- Crystal Prison: Having cracked a Smash Ball, Daisy floats up, and surrounds herself with crystals that orbit her. Other opponents become sucked in, and are bounced around inside for massive damage. After 10 seconds, the crystals explode, and all opponents are sent flying away.

Taunts
Up Taunt
: Waves to the screen and shouts her infamous "Hi, I'm Daisy!" Easily spammable, too!
Side Taunt: She picks up a Mario Kart item box and peers into it.
Down Taunt: She tosses her hair and looks away with a "Hmph!"

Victory Poses
Twirls her bat and leans on it with a smug expression on her face.
2. The "Hot stuff!" taunt from Mario Strikers.
3. Jumps up in the air and lands on a giant flower. She winks at the camera.

Her losing pose has her clapping with a pouty expression.

Overview
Daisy is a very acrobatic character, being quick and strong in the air. Her only downsides are her light weight and poor recovery, so if she gets knocked off the stage, she'll have a hard time getting back on the stage.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I made a moveset:

Daisy appears in her sports outfit with her classic dress as an alt. She uses items from the Mario spinoffs. (Kart, Party, Sports)
Daisy's main thing is that she uses two new elements: flowers (because, you know, Daisy) and crystals (from the Mario Strikers)

Forward Tilt: She kicks outward like Ganondorf. A flower effect occurs here. 9%.
Up Tilt: Daisy points upwards and a crystal spike pops up out of the ground. 7%.
Dash Attack: Daisy gets a glove on her hand and dives for a ball. While she unfortunately fails to catch it, she herself does 11% and sends the opponent out in front of her, setting them up to be hit by the ball for 3% more.

Forward Smash: She winds up with her trusty baseball bat. When she swings, the bat sprouts a flower on the end, like her Star Swing in Mario Super Sluggers. The tip of the bat is the sweetspot, dealing 30% with huge knockback. However, hitting with the middle gives the the classic "PING" sound, but only 11%.
Up Smash: Daisy winds up her fist while charging, then punches a Mario Party dice block. Does 10% uncharged, 20% fully charged.
Down Smash: Daisy spreads out her arms like Lucario, and two traveling crystals slide along the ground one and a half Bowsers away from her. If they hit up close, 19%. As they travel away from her, they deal less damage, the least being 13%.

Neutral Aerial: Daisy pauses for a bit, then unleashes flowers around her, dealing 10% damage with moderate knockback. Great for clearing space around her.
Forward Aerial: A projectile, where Daisy kicks forward a ball from Mario Strikers. The ball deals 12% damage, and can be picked up and thrown like Samus' suit pieces.
Back Aerial: With a wink to the camera, Daisy sends three petals out behind her. Each petal dos 5%.
Up Aerial: Daisy does a crystal-powered flip kick upward for 19% damage. This, along with her down aerial, is a great finisher.
Down Aerial: Daisy gets a boost off a Pikachu-sized crystal, which drills downwards. It hits 6 times for 4% damage each time. This move not only drags the opponent down with the crystal, but if the crystal hits a platform, it becomes stuck there and can only be lifted up by Daisy as a heavy item. Other opponents can stand on the crystal.

Grab and Pummel: Daisy grabs the opponent by the scruff of the neck, being as in-your-face as she is. She shakes them for 3%.
Back Throw: Daisy kicks the opponent backwards for 10%. But juuuust to make sure, she produces a Bob-omb from her pocket, and tosses it over her shoulder right at the hapless opponent for an extra 12%.
Down Throw: Daisy knocks the opponent down to the ground, and performs a flying elbow drop on them, burying them into the ground. 8%.
Up Throw: Daisy snaps her fingers, and suddenly a flower sprouts up from the ground and whisks the opponent up, up, and away! As Daisy says "Bye-bye!", the flower carries the opponent two Bowsers above her, for 11%, with a little pop upwards at the end.

Neutral Special-- Flower Power: Daisy charges up a fist that can be stored for later use. When unleashed, Daisy lunges forward and punches. Anyone who is hit gets 25% initially, and gets the flower effect for 5 seconds after, dealing 1% per second.
Side Special-- Daisy Kart: Daisy hops on a kart and shoots straight forward while shouting "Outta the way!" to anyone foolish enough to standing there. It deals 17% and acts similarly to the Wario Bike, but indestructible and it does not remain on the stage. Daisy can press jump to dismount from the kart if she wishes. If Daisy is holding a throwing item while she uses Daisy Kart, she can still use it! If the attack is used in midair, a glider sprouts out of the kart, and Daisy can gently float down. She cannot jump out in midair.
Up Special-- Crystal Smash: Daisy shoots upward to meet a Strikers ball, and smashes it away with a crystallized hand. Anyone unfortunate enough to be in the way when Daisy smashes the ball is meteor smashed hard for 22%. This isn't the best recovery move, though: Daisy only flies a certain distance to meet the ball.
Down Special-- Flower Bed: Daisy focuses for a bit, and a flower bed appears where she stands. If an opponent walks over the bed of flowers they'll take steady chunks of damage as long as they stand there. If they stay there for too long. they experience inner peace from prolonged exposure to the garden, and drift off to sleep, completely vulnerable to any attacks. On the other hand, if Daisy stays there for long enough, she gets healed for up to 35%. However, an opponent can brave the risk of damage and sleep, and knock her away from the flowers. Only one flower bed can be on stage per Daisy, and it goes away after 10 seconds.

Final Smash-- Crystal Prison: Having cracked a Smash Ball, Daisy floats up, and surrounds herself with crystals that orbit her. Other opponents become sucked in, and are bounced around inside for massive damage. After 10 seconds, the crystals explode, and all opponents are sent flying away.

Taunts
Up Taunt
: Waves to the screen and shouts her infamous "Hi, I'm Daisy!" Easily spammable, too!

Victory Poses

Overview
Daisy is a very acrobatic character, being quick and strong in the air. Her only downsides are her light weight and poor recovery, so if she gets knocked off the stage, she'll have a hard
This moveset is just so wonderful that I can just cheer loudly like Daisy. I'll add this to the OP under the moveset lists and I might add you to the list of supporters since you seem to support the desert princess's inclusion.

D

Deleted member

I made a moveset:

Daisy appears in her sports outfit with her classic dress as an alt. She uses items from the Mario spinoffs. (Kart, Party, Sports)
Daisy's main thing is that she uses two new elements: flowers (because, you know, Daisy) and crystals (from the Mario Strikers)

Dash Attack: Daisy gets a glove on her hand and dives for a ball. While she unfortunately fails to catch it, she herself does 11% and sends the opponent out in front of her, setting them up to be hit by the ball for 3% more.

Down Special-- Flower Bed: Daisy focuses for a bit, and a flower bed appears where she stands. If an opponent walks over the bed of flowers they'll take steady chunks of damage as long as they stand there. If they stay there for too long. they experience inner peace from prolonged exposure to the garden, and drift off to sleep, completely vulnerable to any attacks. On the other hand, if Daisy stays there for long enough, she gets healed for up to 35%. However, an opponent can brave the risk of damage and sleep, and knock her away from the flowers. Only one flower bed can be on stage per Daisy, and it goes away after 10 seconds.

Taunts
Up Taunt

Victory Poses

Overview
Daisy is a very acrobatic character, being quick and strong in the air. Her only downsides are her light weight and poor recovery, so if she gets knocked off the stage, she'll have a hard
Oh god... a spammable "Hi, I'm Daisy" taunt...

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I'll just put it simple, she's best described as a Scrappy (a character that gains hatedom in a fanbase). While while Walugi was considered a divisive character, he does have more positive reception and a dedicated fanbase. Daisy on the other hand, people hated her for being "an annoying Peach wannabe that doesn't want to decide what nationality she wants to be". People had no problems with her N64 appearance, yet she eventually becomes quite the Base Breaker ever since because she become even more annoying ("Hi I'm Daisy" aside) and came off as unoriginal compared to Waluigi.

So long story short, most of her haters are male while most of her lovers are female. She's basically on the same boat as Bowser Jr. in terms of division in the Mario fanbase.
Don't worry about me because, I'm not intimidated by her haters. Haters gonna hate, after all! And as a male, it looks like I make up the minority of her fans. We must be stronger!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't worry about me because, I'm not intimidated by her haters. Haters gonna hate, after all! And as a male, it looks like I make up the minority of her fans. We must be stronger!
We need more Mario fans like you, ones that wouldn't think of Daisy as a pointless character and worship the equally as guilty Waluigi in a daily basis. The only thing that could change that is if Nintendo finds other ways to use the character properly like giving her a role in a future Mario game like Super Mario 3D World.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
I'm really glad you made this thread because so many people hate on Daisy for some reason. Every time I mention her I get a million "really?!'s"

Any way I really hope she becomes playable, I'd prefer her over peach any day. When I see peach fighting it's awkward, because in all other appearances she's helpless. Daisy, however, has always been fierce. I could see her punching someone in the face.

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
I didn't know Daisy had haters. Most of my friends love her and hate Peach.

Also I can't properly judge Daisy because although she is a fierce tomboy, her only cannon game has her getting kidnapped like Peach. Nintendo has broken her away from the damsel in distress role rather quickly and seems to be trying to do the same with Peach and Zelda as of Recent.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I didn't know Daisy had haters. Most of my friends love her and hate Peach.

Also I can't properly judge Daisy because although she is a fierce tomboy, her only cannon game has her getting kidnapped like Peach. Nintendo has broken her away from the damsel in distress role rather quickly and seems to be trying to do the same with Peach and Zelda as of Recent.
Daisy's haters were more vocal on the Internet (especially from gaming reviewers and magazines) if anything and most of her positive reception came from female Mario fans. And to add more to the later part, she was in NES Open Tournament Golf before becoming more a spinoff character when she's become more fierce.

I do like what's Nintendo been doing Peach and Zelda nowadays by giving them bigger roles in games liek Super Mario 3D World and Hyrule Warriors, though they resort back to the damsel-in-distress method in the next main Mario and Zelda titles. Considering they've had Rosalina in 3D World, I was hoping the same thing could happen with Daisy unless they didn't take her that serious. Since we haven't seen a true Super Mario Land game that actually took place in Sarasaland, it would be nice for them to revisit that country and even have Daisy as a playable character. This can easily be done since they don't need Yokoi to even pull it off at all.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wow. I'm gone for a little while, and when I get back, the Daisy thread has gotten way more active. Nice.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lucina confirms Clones! Does this help Daisy a little?
I don't think so since a cloney Daisy would probably be more shunned than a non-cloney Daisy. If that were to be an option, then people would rather have her as a fully detailed costume instead of Luigified clone (though I personally wouldn't mind if that were to be the case since she at least owned an umbrella once and played the same sports as Peach).

HanAmes

Smash Ace
At this point, I just want Daisy to be the star of her own franchise and make her mark in Nintendo’s History, like Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, and even Toad. They each have starred in their own games at some point, and I just want the same for Daisy. Forget all of this ‘spin-off’ stuff, I want her to make her mark on Nintendo’s History and further differentiate herself from Peach, and just maybe people will respect her more.
We need more Mario fans like you, ones that wouldn't think of Daisy as a pointless character and worship the equally as guilty Waluigi in a daily basis. The only thing that could change that is if Nintendo finds other ways to use the character properly like giving her a role in a future Mario game like Super Mario 3D World.
Why, thank you!:)

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
They Should make a sequel to Super Princess Peach called "Super Princess Sisters" where you play as Peach, Daisy, Rosalina and Toadette. And make it a main game where they have to rescue all the boys.

I hope that Peach at least has an accurate Daisy costume.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
At this point, I just want Daisy to be the star of her own franchise and make her mark in Nintendo’s History, like Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, and even Toad. They each have starred in their own games at some point, and I just want the same for Daisy. Forget all of this ‘spin-off’ stuff, I want her to make her mark on Nintendo’s History and further differentiate herself from Peach, and just maybe people will respect her more.

Why, thank you!:)
You're welcome, HanAmes. Miyamoto and the other Mario minds could have easily thought of anything to redeem her character like reviving the Super Mario Land games in next gen goodness. Giving hr another game to star in unlike the one where she was already a damsel-in-distress could not only make her a better character, but make her a more serious candidate for a future Smash game other than being a costume. Like this image is close enough to what she would look like in another game.

That Flower Power of her's has the potential to add some interesting gameplay to separate herself from Peach in the canon games. Maybe that Flower Swing could function like a mixture between Peach's Float and Rosalina's Star Spin to make an attack that's good with offense and flight. Maybe give the Flower Swing some special properties in air where it would instead spawn a giant flower that could help her create a momentary platform that could last for a little while (Which can only happen once in air and you can't spawn another one until you hit the ground for balancing purposes). While on ground it could still have same properties as Rosalina's Star spin, except that she would be spinning on a similar flower while emitting flower effects from her hands. That could easily be her own personal gimmick if she were a playable character in another Super Mario 3D game or even a potential Super Mario Land revival. If only....

Last edited:

Williamt101

Smash Rookie
I'm back after almost two years and I'm glad this topic has maintained energy. I'm ready to support Daisy!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm back after almost two years and I'm glad this topic has maintained energy. I'm ready to support Daisy!
It's a good think that I've already added you to the list and everyone else that supports her. It's more along the lines of not having that much topics to talk about other than acknowledging her hatebase and thinking of ways that she could be in future Smash games. Since Lucina was added, it opens up the possibility that she may be a detailed alternate costume or just a Peach clone with better stats (unless you'd rather have a non-cloned Daisy as DLC post release).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't see why they can't release a DLC in the future.
It can happen in the future, but it depends one whether the team wants to work on it or if there's enough demand. Opossum is already starting a huge DLC movement for Chrom after he was disconfirmed and that takes determination if someone believes that Sakurai will consider it.

Other than that, we'll have to see until he says so himself before or after the game's launch.

Top Bottom