• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Wiggler was great. Also, I'm surprised that Kamek hasn't been added, since I believe he was meant to be in Mario Kart 64

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hell, I would take Plessie from Super Mario 3D World. Yes, I'm being completely serious about this statement. Or even Daisy's retconned cousin Azalea from Mario Golf. Any unique character is good enough for DLC content instead of another Cat Peach/Tanooki Mario situation. The best we can do is wait when the game is weeks away from release.

Couldn't agree more. Just so long as we get actual new characters. And to add to it since it slipped my mind earlier, add costumes to that intervention. If they want to put in Cat Peach, go right ahead, but why does it have to be a separate character?
Because you got to have those unique cool animations and add more to the weight classes after all. At least that's probably a weak justification they have for them.

While we got recolors (Yoshi, Shy Guy, and Gold Mario), alternate costumes in Mario Kart would be the next logical step. Sure it would take too much unnecessary development time, but it would definitely make some Mario Kart newcomers feel less like filler.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wiggler was great. Also, I'm surprised that Kamek hasn't been added, since I believe he was meant to be in Mario Kart 64
Now that you mention it, Kamek is yet another important Mario character that is yet to be playable in Mario kart yet. It was a shame though that he was scrapped to make room for Donkey Kong, but the ape is well worth it since he's a big character.

I'd gladly take him over "X new baby for Mario Kart". Imagine if it was Baby Wario. *shudders*

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Hell, I would take Plessie from Super Mario 3D World. Yes, I'm being completely serious about this statement. Or even Daisy's retconned cousin Azalea from Mario Golf. Any unique character is good enough for DLC content instead of another Cat Peach/Tanooki Mario situation. The best we can do is wait when the game is weeks away from release.

Because you got to have those unique cool animations and add more to the weight classes after all. At least that's probably a weak justification they have for them.

While we got recolors (Yoshi, Shy Guy, and Gold Mario), alternate costumes in Mario Kart would be the next logical step. Sure it would take too much unnecessary development time, but it would definitely make some Mario Kart newcomers feel less like filler.
Now I want a Plessie waterslide course.

And I hope they do take that step. I want a game where I can finally play as Wario in his WarioWare biker gear, on his WarioWare bike. Why they haven't done this yet astounds me.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Now that you mention it, Kamek is yet another important Mario character that is yet to be playable in Mario kart yet. It was a shame though that he was scrapped to make room for Donkey Kong, but the ape is well worth it since he's a big character.

I'd gladly take him over "X new baby for Mario Kart". Imagine if it was Baby Wario. *shudders*
See, now it's practically a given. Baby Wario and Baby DK already exist thanks to Yoshi's Island DS. Baby Wario and Baby DK confirmed. And they'll throw in a Baby Yoshi with all it's recolors for good measure. And then add Baby Waluigi since it's a weird obligation for MK to make new baby forms for those that still lack them. Am I missing anyone? Baby Bowser. Ok, I think after that we're good.

EDIT: I forgot multi-quote is a thing. My apologies for the two posts. Don't know if you can merge them after the fact.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
EDIT: I forgot multi-quote is a thing. My apologies for the two posts. Don't know if you can merge them after the fact.
Only mods have that power to do so around here. Zebei will probably take a look at it and hopefully not warn you.

Oh, and don't forget that they can bring back Donkey Kong Junior in addition to Baby Donkey Kong. That way we can have more baby apes in the roster. How cute. :troll:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Only mods have that power to do so around here. Zebei will probably take a look at it and hopefully not warn you.

Oh, and don't forget that they can bring back Donkey Kong Junior in addition to Baby Donkey Kong. That way we can have more baby apes in the roster. How cute. :troll:
I'd actually be perfectly fine with DK Jr.

Give us DK Jr., and the rest can go...I can dream of that happening at least.

It's a question I've always had though. Why are there so many babies in the first place? Who out there is asking for more babies?

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I think it's cause the babies are easy to make and they don't require much thought. They also add more lightweights to the game.
I'm STILL grieving over no Birdo. Birdo, Diddy and Bowser Jr should really be added to every home console MK. They could have been added in instead of Cat Peach, Tanuki Mario, and Dry Bowser.
Baby Rosa is such a waste because we saw Rosalina as a child in the storybook, and getting that version in smash would have been much much nicer. They wouldn't even have to call her Baby Rosalina they could just call her Cosmic Child.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd actually be perfectly fine with DK Jr.

Give us DK Jr., and the rest can go...I can dream of that happening at least.

It's a question I've always had though. Why are there so many babies in the first place? Who out there is asking for more babies?
Heck, at least use the Canon babies instead of Baby Rosalina who is a slap in the face to Galaxy's canon. Or is Wario too ugly a baby to render in 3D?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
They don't want to deal with all the lawsuits that would result from his shocking visage shattering television screens worldwide. :p
Agreed. Wario is ugly, but Baby Wario is uglier.

Why add a baby that would scare the casuals away from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC? Even the subjectively ugliest baby (Baby Daisy) happens to look better than him.

Not that I think she's ugly, some people happen to find her design ugly.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Heck, at least use the Canon babies instead of Baby Rosalina who is a slap in the face to Galaxy's canon. Or is Wario too ugly a baby to render in 3D?
When some Nintendo executives were trying too hard to retcon or say that the Galaxy story book wan't canon. Which doesn't surprise me about the existence of Baby Rosalina at all.

They don't want to deal with all the lawsuits that would result from his shocking visage shattering television screens worldwide. :p
Pretty much. Baby Wario is nightmare fuel in the form of a baby. Just look at him.

Agreed. Wario is ugly, but Baby Wario is uglier.

Why add a baby that would scare the casuals away from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC? Even the subjectively ugliest baby (Baby Daisy) happens to look better than him.

Not that I think she's ugly, some people happen to find her design ugly.
How is Baby Daisy ugly? She's practically on the same level of Baby Peach in cuteness.

Are some people saying that even Baby Donkey Kong is cuter than her?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Lets just all agree that Baby Rosalina is the best Baby.

And that all stupid babies should be one character slot and you select them like all the shy guy / yoshi colours if they won't remove them completely.

(also rrlly Daisy the ugliest? Luigi is the ugliest baby followed by Mario.)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Pretty much. Baby Wario is nightmare fuel in the form of a baby. Just look at him.

O-O I think that Yoshi should look terrified then.

How is Baby Daisy ugly? She's practically on the same level of Baby Peach in cuteness.

I think she and the other two are adorable, I know they have become too usual now, and Rosa's doesn't match her younger self in the book...but eh, I still like them.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
So once we have Baby and Metal versions of all the major characters, would the next logical (Nintendo logic) step be to add all the Mini versions of characters?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

And that all stupid babies should be one character slot and you select them like all the shy guy / yoshi colours if they won't remove them completely.

This I can agree with. Both Baby Rosalina being the cutest and us having all the babies in one slot. Too bad that is unlikely since the Mario Kart team loves their massive rosters with an equal amount of weight classes.

#Triggered. Nah, I agree that the male ankle biters look less cute than their female counterparts.

O-O I think that Yoshi should look terrified then.
That Yoshi's face literally screams "Wake me up inside!". He's scared ****less alright.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So once we have Baby and Metal versions of all the major characters, would the next logical (Nintendo logic) step be to add all the Mini versions of characters?

You say that like it's a joke, but it probably would happen knowing them. It's bad enough the minis pretty much stole Mario vs Donkey Kong series from the actual characters (Mario, Donkey Kong, and Pauline) lately.

Though I wouldn't object against a Mini Mario as an item that literally grabs onto the other racer's car.

We can only pray that would happen, but Nintendo never likes the nice things.

Also, calling Baby Mario and Luigi ugly would only make them cry a new track even worse than Baby Park.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This I can agree with. Both Baby Rosalina being the cutest and us having all the babies in one slot. Too bad that is unlikely since the Mario Kart team loves their massive rosters with an equal amount of weight classes.

#Triggered. Nah, I agree that the male ankle biters look less cute than their female counterparts.

That Yoshi's face literally screams "Wake me up inside!". He's scared ****less alright.
meh.

I still believe they are simply lazy cos they earn too much money from MK. There's plenty of lightweight characters they could add.
Goomba (to bring back), ParaTrooper(also), Luma, Toadsworth....um...um....Luigi's Mansion ghosts especially that cute doggie, KIRBY (tho he could be middle class) , more Mario enemies. idk. :p

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
You say that like it's a joke, but it probably would happen knowing them. It's bad enough the minis pretty much stole Mario vs Donkey Kong series from the actual characters (Mario, Donkey Kong, and Pauline) lately.

Though I wouldn't object against a Mini Mario as an item that literally grabs onto the other racer's car.

We can only pray that would happen, but Nintendo never likes the nice things.

Also, calling Baby Mario and Luigi ugly would only make them cry a new track even worse than Baby Park.
That Mini Mario item idea is actually really neat. Aside from that I'd take a Mario vs. DK course with the Mini's in the background or something.

And speaking of Pauline, I think she'd be another good character to add to Mario Kart. There are still plenty of solid contenders for new racers and yet they take a backseat to adding different versions of the same characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
meh.

I still believe they are simply lazy cos they earn too much money from MK. There's plenty of lightweight characters they could add.
Goomba (to bring back), ParaTrooper(also), Luma, Toadsworth....um...um....Luigi's Mansion ghosts especially that cute doggie, KIRBY (tho he could be middle class) , more Mario enemies. idk. :p
Is it wrong that I want Poulterpup in Mario Kart?

That aside, you are right about there being plenty of lightweight options to use instead of babies. They just happen to stick with babies just to have counterparts and more donut steal Mario Kart OC's before DeviantArt.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

That aside, you are right about there being plenty of lightweight options to use instead of babies. They just happen to stick with babies just to have counterparts and more donut steal Mario Kart OC's before DeviantArt.
Heck, I'd rather play as a Cheep Cheep rather than those babies again. -.-

Inb4 metal mini baby waluigi is a thing.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
meh.

It still surprised me that we never had a Goomba in Mario Kart by now. He can drive with his feet or even use his "telekineses" like Mario Super Star Baseball. :troll:

Toadworth, Paratroopa, and Poulterpup aren't bad ideas either. Given the vast selection of Luigi's Mansion ghosts, I would like to see Madame Clairvoya and Chauncy as a racers.

That may be true. Making clones is better than making another spinoff OC that won't be as memorable as Waluigi. There are plenty of those in existence if you look through Fantendo, some good and some bad.

Still doesn't justify the babies and metal clones.

Heck, I'd rather play as a Cheep Cheep rather than those babies again. -.-

Inb4 metal mini baby waluigi is a thing.
I'd rather play as Paper Mario. Now that is a clone that I wouldn't mind at all. They already had a Mario Kart reference in Color Splash.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
R.O.B., Hammer Bro., Lubba, Pauline, Petey Piranha, E. Gadd, King Bob-omb, Spike, Chargin' Chuck, Boom Boom, Pom Pom, the Sprixie Princesses, Birdo, Diddy Kong (heck I wouldn't mind getting several DK characters, it's still part of the Mario universe after all - Dixie, Tiny, Funky, Cranky, Kremling, K. Rool, DK Jr.)

Any/all of these characters I'd gladly take over the metals and babies.

And on top of that, they could take another page from Smash and add retro racers. Foreman Spike, Wart, etc.

There are so many good characters Nintendo. Why the babies/metals?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Alright guys, I talked to random forum user's secret uncle who works at Nintendo and I told them, no more babies, no more metal characters, no more power up characters. We need something new.

Baby Black Diamond Kitsune Daisy confirmed.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Toadworth, Paratroopa, and Poulterpup aren't bad ideas either. Given the vast selection of Luigi's Mansion ghosts, I would like to see Madame Clairvoya and Chauncy as a racers.
Mr. Luggs and Snively or bust.

That may be true. Making clones is better than making another spinoff OC that won't be as memorable as Waluigi. There are plenty of those in existence if you look through Fantendo, some good and some bad.

Still doesn't justify the babies and metal clones.
I don't know, I wouldn't mind if Nintendo made a new spinoff character that's completely original, at least in the vein of Daisy and Waaaa. It would be a matter of how they approach the character or if they want to push them as the next big thing like Rosalina with her already massive popularity.

I'd rather play as Paper Mario. Now that is a clone that I wouldn't mind at all. They already had a Mario Kart reference in Color Splash.

Papes would be good, but seeing how well he would be animated in a 3D environment like Mario Kart would be weird.

At least with Luigi, they give us a good idea of him facing forward normally with his hands on the wheel at all times. Only the tricks is when we would see his original 2D model flipping a la Super Paper Mario.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Alright guys, I talked to random forum user's secret uncle who works at Nintendo and I told them, no more babies, no more metal characters, no more power up characters. We need something new.

Baby Black Diamond Kitsune Daisy confirmed.
Maybe they should just get it out of their system for the next game and take the Mario Kart joke to it's extreme. It'd be so ridiculous I'd actually buy it.

Mario, Dr. Mario, Metal Mario, Baby Mario, >insert all the other power-ups like Frog, Bee, Hammer, the works<

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just a question, how would you all feel if we got Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach in Smash over Daisy and Waluigi?

I would definitely drop Smash for good if that happened.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Well, they already put a statue of Baby Pink Gold Rosalina in the Mario Kart 8 version of Baby Park, so that's probably going to be the next one!
>_> Sigh, Nintendo just wants to go to the ABSURDLY easy route of re-texturing models to save "time" since time is money....again, I could make Glass Ridley, Wood Rayman and Gold Shay by just pressing a button on each model mesh.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Well, they already put a statue of Baby Pink Gold Rosalina in the Mario Kart 8 version of Baby Park, so that's probably going to be the next one!
That's quite disappointing. Baby Pink Gold Rosalina? If they're going to give us more Metals, the very least they could do is make them different metals/colors. On top of making more of them, they're going to reuse colors too? Honestly the nerve.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Just a question, how would you all feel if we got Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach in Smash over Daisy and Waluigi?

>-> That's why it is better to keep oneself's expectations neutral, because Nintendo is FULL of surprises, and these include the ridiculous/bad ones, so, just to prevent feeling deception, do not expect the worst, nor the best, just...wait and see.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Wow, for a moment there, I just had a flashback to a very silly rumour of a couple of years ago, that far too many people gave merit to merely because it existed, in spite of it making zero sense and being very obviously fake. :laugh:

Anyway, I would be questioning the roster-choosing process. :laugh: But it isn't a very likely possibility, so I wouldn't worry about it.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

As clones?
I wouldn't mind.

Mario is fhe series mascot, so a "heavy version" of him would be cool and if there's one character I cannot imagine a "fast faller" version for is Peach

Wait Dr Mario exist so Metal Mario is redundant

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Hell no, like Sakurai would ever add those two in Smash at all. Sure he was treated as an antagonist in the first Smash, but I don't see Metal Mario having enough merits to be a clone when Dr. Mario exists as the better Mario clone.

Don't even joke about that ;-;

That would be too cruel.
This.

A certain dragon and witch (but I like them both) already crushed many expectations two years ago in the last Smash Direct. Let's not have a repeat of that again.

>-> That's why it is better to keep oneself's expectations neutral, because Nintendo is FULL of surprises, and these include the ridiculous/bad ones, so, just to prevent feeling deception, do not expect the worst, nor the best, just...wait and see.
I would agree with this notion. Not any character is super likely or shoo-ins to begin with. Even the weirdest choices have their reasons for being there, like Corrin and Dark Pit.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hell no, like Sakurai would ever add those two in Smash at all. Sure he was treated as an antagonist in the first Smash, but I don't see Metal Mario having enough merits to be a clone when Dr. Mario exists as the better Mario clone.
Er, and the whole Metal Box being a power-up thing? ;)

Top Bottom