• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
She would be lucky enough to appear as a DLC character.

And we all know how much Ubisoft loves DLC in their games.
:V I can totally confirm that. I just wish Ubi made some of their DLC worthy of the 60 dlls their games cost. XD and they are already selling the 6'' and 12'' figs of the rabbids. I would love to see a good customized Daisy Rabbid using the Peach one.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
As expected, there will be a Season Pass for Mario + Rabbids Mishroom Kingdom Battle.

New weapons and more story content like with most Switch games.

Either Daisy could wind up as a weapon reference or a Rabbid based on her and other characters appear as new bosses. Only time will tell what it would be this Fall and next year.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
As expected, there will be a Season Pass for Mario + Rabbids Mishroom Kingdom Battle.

New weapons and more story content like with most Switch games.

Either Daisy could wind up as a weapon reference or a Rabbid based on her and other characters appear as new bosses. Only time will tell what it would be this Fall and next year.
Meh, that Wah Rabbid will do me for now.

A really cute Daisy art. Source: https://coconcrash.deviantart.com/art/Flower-Princess-686828307

Bonus:
This is so adorable it should be a thing in the games. x3
I so agree with you!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
A new bunny suit wouldn't be a bad idea.

I like the look of that Bunny Daisy AndreaAC AndreaAC . :3

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well they did the bunny ears in SML2 so maybe they'll revisit it some day.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well they did the bunny ears in SML2 so maybe they'll revisit it some day.
We can only hope.

Especially when they've been intentionally avoiding any references from both Land games for a while. There's potential in the bunny suit.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
There's potential in the bunny suit.
It'd be nice to see that potential explored beyond the substitute for the Super Leaf's hovering ability that the Bunny Ears more-or-less acted as in Super Mario Land 2. :laugh:

High jumping and faster movement are musts, but what else could it do?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We can only hope.

Especially when they've been intentionally avoiding any references from both Land games for a while. There's potential in the bunny suit.
Seems to be a habit of Nintendo's devs not referencing or using games they were not directly involved in. The first two land games were made by Gunpei Yukoi rather than the usual team so outside of Wario and Daisy, they never get referenced. Metroid Prime was made in the west so they're non-canon while Other M is (though the backlash may have changed their minds on that.)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It'd be nice to see that potential explored beyond the substitute for the Super Leaf's hovering ability that the Bunny Ears more-or-less acted as in Super Mario Land 2. :laugh:

High jumping and faster movement are musts, but what else could it do?
Maybe faster plucking of vegetables regardless of the size, if they bring back more of them. Or the ability to dig in the ground for hidden items. Rabbits like to dig alot.

Seems to be a habit of Nintendo's devs not referencing or using games they were not directly involved in. The first two land games were made by Gunpei Yukoi rather than the usual team so outside of Wario and Daisy, they never get referenced. Metroid Prime was made in the west so they're non-canon while Other M is (though the backlash may have changed their minds on that.)
Yeah, it's a Nintendo thing and can't be helped. Though in Metroid's case, they are definitely finding Prime 4 the perfect way to make up for Other M. The Land games however were never bad, though I agree Land 2 is the superior game in comparison. As long as Sarasaland is ignored, it will only be considered a relic of Daisy's past.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Pretty sure the event where you get the Daisy costume in Mario Maker is a reference to the first SML.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Pretty sure the event where you get the Daisy costume in Mario Maker is a reference to the first SML.
Though that was different since Super Mario Maker is a game celebrating Mario's 30th anniversary. It was kind of expected, although the costume came pretty late.

Not really expecting it for a 3D Mario game or a New Super Mario Bros (we all know how much Nintendo loves milking these games).

Freduardo

Smash Champion
The Bunny Princesses make me think if they ever do a sequel to Mario plus rabbids, the Mario characters can get revenge by dressing up as rabbids.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Support! I have a full Daisy moveset for y'all to enjoy. I'm not that good at describing things so I may have underexplained some things. feel free to ask me further questions about the different moves.

notes: she uses her roller blades to move. she doesn't wear a dress but instead she wears various outfits from sports titles, with the default one being her two-piece tennis outfit
B: Superball: Daisy throws a Superball. it works similarly to how it works in Super Mario Land, bouncing off walls. it will cause knockback if it hits.
Up B: Slam Dunk: Daisy jumps upwards, grabbing the first foe she makes contact with, turning them into a ball, and dunking them downwards when she finishes jumping.
Side B: Baseball throw: Daisy charges up and throws a baseball. the more you charge, the faster and more powerful it'll be
Down B: Crystal Smash: this move can only be used on the ground. Daisy will summon two crystals on both, the left and right of the platform she's on. if she's on a walkoff, they'll simply summon on the edge of the camera
Final Smash: Flower Girl: Daisy wraps herself in a daisy, and then the daisy can be aimed, causing a poweful beam of light to come out wherever it was aimed. it can be used 4 times before the 5th and final one, which is more powerful, and releases Daisy from the flower
Side Smash: Daisy swings a golf club
Up Smash: Daisy gets out the ribbon from the Mario and Sonic Olympic Games ice skating game and twirls it.
Down Smash: similar to Captian Falcon
Up Taunt: Daisy strokes her hair
Side Taunt: Daisy holds her hands together like her Mario Maker costume
Down Taunt: same as Peach's spinning and "loser" sign taunt
Down Air: same as Peach
Up Air: Daisy claps
Side Air: same as Peach
Back Air: Daisy kicks backwards
Neutrals: Daisy punches then kicks
Dash: Daisy spins
Side Tilt: Daisy gets out a tennis racket and hits the foe
Up Tilt: Daisy backflips
Down Tilt: Daisy kicks
Up Throw: Daisy throws the foe upwards
Down Throw: Daisy kicks the foe rapidly until they fly away from her
Side Throw: Daisy kicks the foe
Back Throw: similar to Mario
Victory 1: Daisy jumps up and down and then raises her two fists
Victory 2: Daisy gets exhausted and takes a breather
Victory 3: Daisy rushes by on her rollerskates, and then stops to grab a falling trophy
Intro: Daisy appears with flower effects
Neutral Air: Daisy opens up her arms and legs in a star-like shape
Wait Animation 1: Daisy stretches her arms
Losing Animation: Daisy tries to hold in her anger like she does when she loses in Mario Strikers

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
O.O Also, this makes me wonder, what happened to that Mario/Pokemon crossover/cosplay thing that Nintendo announced a long time ago? Did they keep it up or...?
They released a number of merchandise items, but I'm pretty sure that there were never any plans to extend the crossover beyond just Mario and Luigi-themed versions of Pikachu, unfortunately.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Though that was different since Super Mario Maker is a game celebrating Mario's 30th anniversary. It was kind of expected, although the costume came pretty late.

Not really expecting it for a 3D Mario game or a New Super Mario Bros (we all know how much Nintendo loves milking these games).
It's still better than no recognition in my opinion.

Source: https://rongs1234.deviantart.com/art/Luigi-Pikachu-and-Princess-Buneary-643634134

x3 ADORBS.

O.O Also, this makes me wonder, what happened to that Mario/Pokemon crossover/cosplay thing that Nintendo announced a long time ago? Did they keep it up or...?
Now you're going overboard with the levels of adorable, I love it!
They released a number of merchandise items, but I'm pretty sure that there were never any plans to extend the crossover beyond just Mario and Luigi-themed versions of Pikachu, unfortunately.
Bummer, would had liked to see how a female Pikachu would have looked like in Daisy's dress.

AndreaAC

Now you're going overboard with the levels of adorable, I love it!
xDDD hahahaha! I think so! Glad that you are enjoying it, Ark!

Bummer, would had liked to see how a female Pikachu would have looked like in Daisy's dress.
:) Maybe I could try and draw it for ya, xD I got my new graphic tablet after all, so I may be able to digitalize it!

EDIT:

xD THERE YA GO ARK:
Daisychu.jpg

:3 I had fun coming up with this one design. x - x The only thing that killed me was the load of yellow in it...my eyes...

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, it's a shame that they probably won't do more crossovers like the Super Mario Bros./Pokemon one.

Myself, I keep picturing how hilarious an angry little Pikachu dressed as Tatanga would be, if they did a Super Mario Land/Pokemon crossover. :laugh:

:) Maybe I could try and draw it for ya, xD I got my new graphic tablet after all, so I may be able to digitalize it!

EDIT:

xD THERE YA GO ARK:
View attachment 132499
:3 I had fun coming up with this one design. x - x The only thing that killed me was the load of yellow in it...my eyes...
Oh my god, that is so cute! Excellent work, Andrea! :grin:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

:D THANKS TORTILLA! XD I guess I got the idea fairly quickly (I'm pretty used to draw small characters dressed like others, like Rayman for example, but Daisy-chu was easy as heck in complarison to my Templar Ray xD), and I'm surprised that I managed to draw Pikachu since I always suck at drawing it!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's still better than no recognition in my opinion.
Even though this is late, now isn't really the time to speak with her. Let's just say something horrible happened and if you're curious, DM if you want the full story.

Continue Daisy discussion as usual.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

EDIT:

xD THERE YA GO ARK:
View attachment 132502
Words cannot describe how cool this looks, excelent work!
Yeah, it's a shame that they probably won't do more crossovers like the Super Mario Bros./Pokemon one.

Myself, I keep picturing how hilarious an angry little Pikachu dressed as Tatanga would be, if they did a Super Mario Land/Pokemon crossover. :laugh:

I would imagine Luigi's og death stare levels of mad.
Even though this is late, now isn't really the time to speak with her. Let's just say something horrible happened and if you're curious, DM if you want the full story.

Continue Daisy discussion as usual.
Whatever it is, I hope it goes allright.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just a heads-up, guys: There's a rumour doing the rounds at the moment that, in part, claims that a new mode is going to be added to Super Mario Run wherein you'll be expected to rescue Princess Daisy.

However, take it with a pinch of salt - looking at the source article appears to suggest that it's one of those "One single anonymous person in the world magically accidentally got a future update that no-one else did and told us all about it." sorts of stories.

I would imagine Luigi's og death stare levels of mad.
Yeah, something like that! :laugh:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Obviously you all want Daisy to get in with her own unique moveset. But I have a question. Would you be satisfied if she just gets the Alph/Koopaling treatment. She'd still be a playable with her own voice clips.

This is personally what I want to happen Daisy and was surprised when it didn't happen this time around, especially after seeing Peach's completion video .

Luminario

Smash Lord
Obviously you all want Daisy to get in with her own unique moveset. But I have a question. Would you be satisfied if she just gets the Alph/Koopaling treatment. She'd still be a playable with her own voice clips.

This is personally what I want to happen Daisy and was surprised when it didn't happen this time around, especially after seeing Peach's completion video .
Not really. Unlike Alph or the Koopalings in the Clown Car, Daisy doesn't share Peach's unique abilities. She doesn't float, nor is she associated with hearts, and I'm pretty sure that's why she's a palette swap instead of an alt. If she's to be included, then at minimum she should be between clone and semi-clone, as she can share quite a few moves with Peach and still be in character.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Note that personality plays a big role in character movesets, and especially Peach's.
All of her animations show carefullness, grace and general "girlyness"

Those things don't fit for Daisy and since they're embedded so deeply in the very foundation of Peach's moveset makes it impossible for Daisy to get in an Alph situation.

(Olimar and Bowser Jr are mainly just models to attach the Pikmin or Clown Car set to)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

If it happens that way, it happens (though I suspect that if it was going to, it would've already, as the Daisy-colours alt for Peach has existed for years). Personally, I would find it to be a bit of a wasted opportunity for the reasons that Luminario Luminario and WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever have already gone over.

A discussion along similar lines took place earlier in the thread, too, incidentally.

nor is she associated with hearts
Or Toads, rainbows, vegetables, and peaches. ;)

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Note that personality plays a big role in character movesets, and especially Peach's.
All of her animations show carefullness, grace and general "girlyness"

Those things don't fit for Daisy and since they're embedded so deeply in the very foundation of Peach's moveset makes it impossible for Daisy to get in an Alph situation.

(Olimar and Bowser Jr are mainly just models to attach the Pikmin or Clown Car set to)
Well I always figured if an alt were to happen, the affects would be reskined as flowers.

As for the other stuff.

Toad could easily be gone to make room for him as a playable character, and honestly the move doesn't make much sense to begin with.

Turnips was something anyone could do in the games its from, its hardly Peach specific. I'm pretty sure Daisy can do it in some Mario Party minigame.

Peach isn't exactly associated with Rainbows either.

Also Peach should get a new Final Smash. If not altered so that its Daisy pollens putting every to sleep and include Daisy in the image. Have daisies sprout from the ground

As for Float, I doubt it would be reason enough to separate them. But admittedly is very Peach specific, but Peach and Daisy often share abilities/items like the heart in Double Dash and Flower in Mario Party 7

And for the girly stuff, Daisy can and does act Girly, Peach can and does act spunky. Animations can strike a balance and they're allowed different expressions.

Anyway in my vision of the next game, every would have unique custom moves, and characters with alts would find a balance between them. Such as using the above mentioned heart and Flower items.

In my vision alts would also have unique victory animations but I doubt that would happen.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Well I always figured if an alt were to happen, the affects would be reskined as flowers.

As for the other stuff.

Toad could easily be gone to make room for him as a playable character, and honestly the move doesn't make much sense to begin with.

Turnips was something anyone could do in the games its from, its hardly Peach specific. I'm pretty sure Daisy can do it in some Mario Party minigame.

Peach isn't exactly associated with Rainbows either.

Also Peach should get a new Final Smash. If not altered so that its Daisy pollens putting every to sleep and include Daisy in the image. Have daisies sprout from the ground

As for Float, I doubt it would be reason enough to separate them. But admittedly is very Peach specific, but Peach and Daisy often share abilities/items like the heart in Double Dash and Flower in Mario Party 7

And for the girly stuff, Daisy can and does act Girly, Peach can and does act spunky. Animations can strike a balance and they're allowed different expressions.

Anyway in my vision of the next game, every would have unique custom moves, and characters with alts would find a balance between them. Such as using the above mentioned heart and Flower items.

In my vision alts would also have unique victory animations but I doubt that would happen.
Some of these are very dependent on changing Peach's moveset and characteristics, and while the turnips aren't Peach exclusive, they are strongly tied to her along with her float from her first playable debut. Daisy has simply never been shown to float in the same way Peach does; and while they could share a few moves, Daisy has been shown to be much more aggressive than Peach's delicate nature, and many moves would seem out of character for someone's who's description in every game lists her as a tomboy.

Daisy could be a Peach alt, but I really feel like it wouldn't suit her. While in most spin-offs Daisy and Peach share animations simply out of putting less time into making new ones, they usually try a bit harder to differentiate characters in Smash, and that's likely the reason we haven't got Daisy as a full alt yet.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've always found it dumb how people call Daisy a recolour. I mean, Luigi's a recolour and Dark Pit is literally called "Dark Pit".

as well as that, the "Daisy's annoying" argument holds no ground because Duck Hunt, who is quite literally tied with Bubsy for the title of king of annoying video game characters is in the game. not to mention that annoyance is subjective.

oh yeah, the "Peach already has a Daisy alt" argument... do I even need to talk about this one?
(yes, I am aware that this is a mod to make Wario Mario look more like Wario, it's just that it's the only high quality image I could find of WaMario that would properly post on SmashBoards)

Last edited:

HerbsnSpices910

Smash Cadet
Even though I very much doubt Daisy will be added to the cast, it would definitely be awesome to have her on board, and I'd definitely try her out since I already love playing as Peach.

On that note, I'd prefer Daisy to be a semi-clone of Peach. Her tilts and smash attacks should definitely remain the same (especially her forward smash) but with different hitboxes.

Specials are more difficult to decide on. I think her Up B could still be Umbrella, but maybe rather than it being a multi-hit move it just hits once, and if you hit the sweetspot it becomes a shroyuken much like Luigi's Up B? 'Daisy Bomber' would still work fine as a Side B. Down B is probably the most difficult one since Daisy was not in SMB2 and therefore Vegetables don't really make sense (but then we also have to call into question the float ability as well). Maybe her Down B could be one of the Mario Party circle platforms which, much like Peach's Vegetables, is RNG in terms of what comes out (so for example, a blue platform removes 10% damage, a red platform adds 10% damage, a Bob-Omb 'Battle' platform gives her a Bob-Omb etc.). Also, this makes no sense whatsoever and contradicts what I just said above, but maybe as a Neutral B, Daisy uses Toadette instead of Toad? It makes no sense in relation to the games but would be a cool gag. If not then maybe something Mario Strikers related.

Without Peach's float, though, Daisy's air game is nerfed and so buffs are needed elsewhere to balance her out (assuming she has a similar frame rate and is just as floaty).

I would also say is that if Daisy is added, we kind of need Waluigi in as well. He's as relevant as Daisy within the Mario universe and bizarrely, they always seem to be added as a pair in the Mario spin-off series'. It would be weird to have Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina (and Luma), Wario, Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and then Daisy without also having Waluigi. It would just feel incomplete. Not to say that I don't want Waluigi in there as well, he is a welcome addition also!

Not going to get my hopes up and neither should anyone else, but I'm all for it, most definitely.

EDIT: This thread is 32 PAGES LONG?! Even the King K. Rool thread can't hold a candle to that. I could have sworn he was the most popular character request? What makes Daisy so popular all of a sudden?

I guess we'll never know ;)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I guess with Daisy it isn't so much raw popularity as it is a character everyone knows but has a lot of space for interpretation.

Back to the subject of character personalities shaping their movesets, how about we try some of that. Clear your mind of Mario Land and Spin-off references and try making a moveset that speaks to her personality. Something like "sass, with a flowery flair".

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Even though I very much doubt Daisy will be added to the cast, it would definitely be awesome to have her on board, and I'd definitely try her out since I already love playing as Peach.

On that note, I'd prefer Daisy to be a semi-clone of Peach. Her tilts and smash attacks should definitely remain the same (especially her forward smash) but with different hitboxes.

Specials are more difficult to decide on. I think her Up B could still be Umbrella, but maybe rather than it being a multi-hit move it just hits once, and if you hit the sweetspot it becomes a shroyuken much like Luigi's Up B? 'Daisy Bomber' would still work fine as a Side B. Down B is probably the most difficult one since Daisy was not in SMB2 and therefore Vegetables don't really make sense (but then we also have to call into question the float ability as well). Maybe her Down B could be one of the Mario Party circle platforms which, much like Peach's Vegetables, is RNG in terms of what comes out (so for example, a blue platform removes 10% damage, a red platform adds 10% damage, a Bob-Omb 'Battle' platform gives her a Bob-Omb etc.). Also, this makes no sense whatsoever and contradicts what I just said above, but maybe as a Neutral B, Daisy uses Toadette instead of Toad? It makes no sense in relation to the games but would be a cool gag. If not then maybe something Mario Strikers related.

Without Peach's float, though, Daisy's air game is nerfed and so buffs are needed elsewhere to balance her out (assuming she has a similar frame rate and is just as floaty).

I would also say is that if Daisy is added, we kind of need Waluigi in as well. He's as relevant as Daisy within the Mario universe and bizarrely, they always seem to be added as a pair in the Mario spin-off series'. It would be weird to have Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina (and Luma), Wario, Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and then Daisy without also having Waluigi. It would just feel incomplete. Not to say that I don't want Waluigi in there as well, he is a welcome addition also!

Not going to get my hopes up and neither should anyone else, but I'm all for it, most definitely.

EDIT: This thread is 32 PAGES LONG?! Even the King K. Rool thread can't hold a candle to that. I could have sworn he was the most popular character request? What makes Daisy so popular all of a sudden?

We are quite talkative like our fellow flower princess.
I guess with Daisy it isn't so much raw popularity as it is a character everyone knows but has a lot of space for interpretation.

Back to the subject of character personalities shaping their movesets, how about we try some of that. Clear your mind of Mario Land and Spin-off references and try making a moveset that speaks to her personality. Something like "sass, with a flowery flair".
I believe I already did one one some time ago and right now, I am too lazy to make one.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Surplus of internet art and comics, dedicated posters who make their own art, and a friendly set of regular community has pushed this thread's distance beyond the popularity of the character.

Plus she's been around since Super Mario Land, that's longer than K.Rool.

As for Daisy as an alt or Luigified clone, the original post has some movesets that appeal towards that, give them a look.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if there's a Mario Party 12 in the works. They could have it top down so you can use the switch as the "board" and shake the joy-cons to shake the dic with the HD rumble changingdepending on how many dice you have in "hand".

And make it an actual board game people play rather than one of those gimmicky ones where you lose the vital car component and can never play it again.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I wonder if there's a Mario Party 12 in the works. They could have it top down so you can use the switch as the "board" and shake the joy-cons to shake the dic with the HD rumble changingdepending on how many dice you have in "hand".

And make it an actual board game people play rather than one of those gimmicky ones where you lose the vital car component and can never play it again.
I really like this idea. I'd buy it. :grin:

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Hear of Monopoly 'Gamer'?

It's an actual Monopoly board game. But the pieces and tiles are mario characters and places. And game pieces have character specific abilities.

And they sell some game pieces separately in booster packs.

Wonder if Daisy is a booster character.

Top Bottom