• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Things are getting quiet here in the run up to E3. I guess it's because Daisy's one of those quiet hope characters whereas ARMS fighters, Inklings or Solid Snake get more buzz in the hype build up.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Things are getting quiet here in the run up to E3. I guess it's because Daisy's one of those quiet hope characters whereas ARMS fighters, Inklings or Solid Snake get more buzz in the hype build up.
Oh no it's because we don't expect anything Daisy-related right now, except for maybe the SMO desert being Sarasaland.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh no it's because we don't expect anything Daisy-related right now, except for maybe the SMO desert being Sarasaland.
Or the fact that another Mario Party or Tennis game is likely.

But whether or not these entries would better than the last one remains to be seen.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Or the fact that another Mario Party or Tennis game is likely.

But whether or not these entries would better than the last one remains to be seen.
Oh, another Party game huh?
Who cares? I certainly don't! Not one bit at all.

I've been playing Double Dash!! for the past few days and I noticed Daisy's voice was off, like Luigi in Melee being higher-pitched Mario

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

I've been playing Double Dash!! for the past few days and I noticed Daisy's voice was off, like Luigi in Melee being higher-pitched Mario
LOL My feelings exactly.

And be fair, that was back when Deanna Mustard had first voiced Princess Daisy.

She was just getting a hang of the character until years and years of articulating her voice. Just like Waluigi sounding off in Mario Tennis on the 64.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mario had the luxury of being voiced at trade shows and on educational software for years.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Mario had the luxury of being voiced at trade shows and on educational software for years.
Because he's their baby. He is arguably the face of Nintendo and gotten years of articulation with his voice by one man since Super Mario 64 (or said educational software that we should never speak of).

I wouldn't be surprised if he will provide some original voice clips for the Odyssey show next week.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
IIRC, Mario Gold Toadstool Tour was the first time we heard Deanna Mustard voicing Daisy. Not that it means much since both games came out in the same year (2003).

She's definitely came a long way since the Gamecube Mario spinoffs. Better than whoever voiced her in the early Mario Party games.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
IIRC, Mario Gold Toadstool Tour was the first time we heard Deanna Mustard voicing Daisy. Not that it means much since both games came out in the same year (2003).

She's definitely came a long way since the Gamecube Mario spinoffs. Better than whoever voiced her in the early Mario Party games.
I believe her very first voice actress has already passed away RIP.

She sounded higher pitched yes, but to me at the very least, she didn't sound annoying.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I believe her very first voice actress has already passed away RIP.
Kate Flemming (R.I.P.) only voiced her in just Mario Tennis, which was a one-time thing.

The Mario Party voice actor I'm talking about is Jen Taylor. You can tell the voices are different if you compare them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I would like to bring this to your attention. Yes, this is an actual clothing trademark that will use name brand Mario characters (hopefully more than the usual).

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/...tiple-mario-characters-for-clothing-purposes/

Fingers crossed for official Daisy themed clothing.
My fingers are duly crossed! Reason being...

Notice how the statement only says Toad, Rosalina, Wario, and Waluigi.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. But it was at least worth a mention.
... In fairness, these trademarks have been a rolling thing - the Wario and Waluigi filings were reported on by GoNintendo earlier in the week, and the Toad and Rosalina ones got a mention today.

I think it's a fair assumption that more could be on the way. They're probably going to cover all of the characters who usually get other sorts of merchandise, here, and that includes Daisy. ;)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wouldn't be surprised if Daisy got some RL clothes. Princesses are big business. Princess and the Frog was considered a disappointment as a movie but it's star has probably made more dosh with her appearances in the Disney Princess's line than her film did.

Rosalina is technically not a princess but then, neither was Pocahontas.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Moana said "I'm not a princess, I'm a chieftain's daughter."

And then Maui didn't understand the difference.

That's what Rosalina not being a princess makes me think.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Moana said "I'm not a princess, I'm a chieftain's daughter."

And then Maui didn't understand the difference.

That's what Rosalina not being a princess makes me think.
This is why I call Rosalina a goddess since clearly she's beyond Mario and Bowser in terms of power, even if either of them had Stars and powerful artifacts.

Shokora, Daisy, and Peach are the only real Marioverse princesses IMO

Freduardo

Smash Champion
This is why I call Rosalina a goddess since clearly she's beyond Mario and Bowser in terms of power, even if either of them had Stars and powerful artifacts.

Shokora, Daisy, and Peach are the only real Marioverse princesses IMO
Holy crap Princess Shokora... that's really Wario's Peach right there, isn't it? She turns into a cat.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Holy crap Princess Shokora... that's really Wario's Peach right there, isn't it? She turns into a cat.
Shokora was a one time deal and one of the rarest moments where Wario enjoys being kissed (depending on the ending) over money. If she were more popular, then she would have been a reoccurring character in Wario Land, although some fans agree that making her a love interest would ruin Wario's character.

But trying not to drift of topic, I can agree with Aussie that those are the only known princesses in the Marioverse while Rosalina isn't a real princess. But there are actually more than that like the Princess Eclair that Luigi supposedly saved, Princess Shroob and her older sister Elder Princess Shroob, and Princess Lipid who was Bowser's fat cell.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Because the Sprixies are just there. But you're right.

And I like how half of those results are non-canon characters from the cartoon and other Nintendo princesses.
And Blaze the Cat.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because this is E3 season and fake leaks are abound, I'll post this one here for the ****s and giggles.

Take note of the title for Luigi's Mansion 3. It's like they weren't even trying at a all.

Like they would involve Daisy in another Luigi's Mansion title.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Because this is E3 season and fake leaks are abound, I'll post this one here for the ****s and giggles.

Take note of the title for Luigi's Mansion 3. It's like they weren't even trying at a all.

Not to mention the typographical errors in names that are either previously established, trademarked, or universally written in a particular way, there. :laugh: The event's name is "Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017" with no "at" or "@", Dream Land has been incorrectly written as "Dreamland", and WWII has been written as "WW II". Moreover, calling Monster Hunter XX "Monster Hunter Generations 2" goes against Capcom's naming convention for non-sequel expanded versions of the Monster Hunter games.

There's plenty more wrong, but that would lead me way off-topic. Still, there's our first "badly-photographed sheet of paper" hoax for this year. :laugh:

Anyway, even though this is fake and such a thing would almost certainly never be made, I do like the idea, because the distinctly Japanese lore that influenced Super Mario Land, which really wasn't localised out to any noticeable degree, could lend itself to some really great ideas for ghosts. I mean, they could quite easily get away with drawing from all sorts of youkai lore wholesale, and they could even throw in the Pionpi enemies for a comical jump-scare (pun fully intended).

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not to mention the typographical errors in names that are either previously established, trademarked, or universally written in a particular way, there. :laugh: The event's name is "Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017" with no "at" or "@", Dream Land has been incorrectly written as "Dreamland", and WWII has been written as "WW II". Moreover, calling Monster Hunter XX "Monster Hunter Generations 2" goes against Capcom's naming convention for non-sequel expanded versions of the Monster Hunter games.

There's plenty more wrong, but that would lead me way off-topic. Still, there's our first "badly-photographed sheet of paper" hoax for this year. :laugh:

Anyway, even though this is fake and such a thing would almost certainly never be made, I do like the idea, because the distinctly Japanese lore that influenced Super Mario Land, which really wasn't localised out to any noticeable degree, could lend itself to some really great ideas for ghosts. I mean, they could quite easily get away with drawing from all sorts of youkai lore wholesale, and they could even throw in the Pionpi enemies for a comical jump-scare (pun fully intended).
Yeah. Laughable "leak" aside, Sarasaland could lend itself to some unique ghosts and lore for Luigi's Mansion.

We've talked about it previously, but I wouldn't mind discussing it again. It's as if the "leaker" knew exactly what we would want. :laugh:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
We've talked about it previously, but I wouldn't mind discussing it again. It's as if the "leaker" knew exactly what we would want. :laugh:
If we pretend it really existed for a moment, it could be quite a difficult game to keep friendly and appealing to a global audience, I think, especially since there are some genuinely creepy youkai and categories thereof.

That said, some of them could be played for laughs, or at least made far less threatening (I think Pionpi qualifies for this, and that was done decades ago), so they would fit.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Yeah. Laughable "leak" aside, Sarasaland could lend itself to some unique ghosts and lore for Luigi's Mansion.

Leaks again? And judging by what you tell me, the grammar ain't even correct.

I really want Daisy in a Luigi's mansion though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You can't even call that a leak since it wasn't even trying to be convincing. lol

Daisy in Luigi's Mansion would be good. It's unlikely, but we can dream.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You can't even call that a leak since it wasn't even trying to be convincing. lol
A leak would mean that the information is legitimate (what's happened with Mario + Rabbids is a leak, as the game's alleged existence has been corroborated by a games-rating board and by a convention who accidentally Tweeted too early that it's due to appear there next month). This is just a hoax, and anything else is just rumours. :laugh:

Daisy in Luigi's Mansion would be good. It's unlikely, but we can dream.
Well, we've always got that placeholder portrait of Daisy that was datamined from the first game! :p

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
A leak would mean that the information is legitimate (what's happened with Mario + Rabbids is a leak, as the game's alleged existence has been corroborated by a games-rating board and by a convention who accidentally Tweeted too early that it's due to appear there next month). This is just a hoax, and anything else is just rumours. :laugh:

Well, we've always got that placeholder portrait of Daisy that was datamined from the first game! :p
And I still see it a little odd that they considered her in some way even if it was brief.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Luigi's Mansion 3 for Switch would be nice.

Daisy in Luigi's Mansion would be great.

Multiplayer mode with four Toads instead of four Luigis would be really great.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Wdym. Its by far the most active thread.

I love the idea of that Luigis Mansion 3.
But this is obviously fake. In fact its so fake idk why im pointing out its fake when most here did already lol.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Didn't we come up with that Luigi's Mansion game here like a few weeks ago? I feel like the leaker is in this very thread, plotting their next move...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wdym. Its by far the most active thread.
In overall replies sure but I meant in terms of recent activity. Kept nearly falling off page 1.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Didn't we come up with that Luigi's Mansion game here like a few weeks ago? I feel like the leaker is in this very thread, plotting their next move...
That's what I think too. We talk about Luigi's Mansion 3 with Daisy and suddenly that "leak" happens. It's less than a coincidence.

But like Burb said, most leaked ideas feel too much like they came out of DeviantArt for having characters like Daisy or the Wario Bros in them to be believable.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would like a new Super Princess Peach game... but it's designed like Super Mario 3D World. The playable characters would be Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Toadette, and Pauline.

Now where's my Super Princess Peach 2 leak? :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There was another fake E3 leak that gave away details of Super Mario Odyssey among other things, but it's not even worth your time because of how bad and poorly written it is. I wouldn't even recommend looking it up.

Don't know who this Burb guy is (Wasn't he that Marcus McCloud guy?), but he has a point that most Mario fan ideas always included characters who were never playable in Mario platformers/RPGS (Daisy, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, etc).

And speaking of leaks, I know one detail of that DK Rabbid that will make most of you cringe.

He literally dabs whenever he attacks you with a barrel in his boss fight. It's based of the "dab" DK does in Mario Kart 8, but the worst part is that it wasn't a ****ing dab. Easily the worst meme of 2016.

Oh, and Peach Rabbid takes a selfie in front of him after he's defeated.

I would like a new Super Princess Peach game... but it's designed like Super Mario 3D World. The playable characters would be Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Toadette, and Pauline.

Now where's my Super Princess Peach 2 leak? :troll:
Silly Arcadenik, no one likes Super Pirncess Peach. therefore they never leak Super Princess Peach 2 to ruin their nonexistent credibility.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah. Same Burb. But let's stop right there since he has little to do with Daisy.

No comment on that E3 spoiler since it wouldn't be worth anyone's time here. And has less to do with Daisy than the Luigi
's Mansion 3 fake you posted here.

About that boss fight spoiler. Oh dear. Where do I begin with this?

I know the game is meant to have self aware humor and all, but dabbing is the least funniest way you can make a boss that's dressed up as Donkey Kong. He FLEXES, not DABS. It was bad enough telling Pokemon fans about this with Buzzwole or Paper Mario fans with the Koopas in Birdo's show (Which are JAZZ HANDS and not DABBING).

As for the selfie thing, it was expected since Peach Rabbid was established as a stereotypical clic chick since Day 1 of the leak. At least we see it in game, but that doesn't excuse how much it reeks of corporate millennial pandering.

Just three days left. We ought to do what Daisy does best. Play Mario Kart or something until then.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah. Same Burb. But let's stop right there since he has little to do with Daisy.

No comment on that E3 spoiler since it wouldn't be worth anyone's time here. And has less to do with Daisy than the Luigi

I know the game is meant to have self aware humor and all, but dabbing is the least funniest way you can make a boss that's dressed up as Donkey Kong. He FLEXES, not DABS. It was bad enough telling Pokemon fans about this with Buzzwole or Paper Mario fans with the Koopas in Birdo's show (Which are JAZZ HANDS and not DABBING).

As for the selfie thing, it was expected since Peach Rabbid was established as a stereotypical clic chick since Day 1 of the leak. At least we see it in game, but that doesn't excuse how much it reeks of corporate millennial pandering.

Just three days left. We ought to do what Daisy does best. Play Mario Kart or something until then.
Worst part is, I can acept only new-tensials (or whatever garbage name the media gives them) are the target audience but Ubisoft is trying to make a "for all ages" series like old Spongebob into a kid pandering mess, like new Spongebob.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

That is the Boss? Uh, I think I'll do exactly as you said about Mario Kart or something.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That is the Boss? Uh, I think I'll do exactly as you said about Mario Kart or something.
Inb4 Daisy Rabbid will be a boss that attacks with flower Fidget Spinners. :troll:

One of these days we need to race. But not now.

I'd imagine we'll be fighting over who gets to play as Daisy.

Top Bottom