• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well I mean it’s a game so they can still make her run athletically swinging her arms in her dress. Not like she’ll actually fall.

Anyways I would love to see her have a pink dress with blonde hair.
True, if they didn't care too much about physics, I guess she could run with her dress like that. Though if one of her alts was a pink dress with blonde hair, that'll be really pushing the Peach-Daisy confusion. My idea for her Peach inspired outfit is the pink shorts with yellow hair in a ponytail. I mean, Peach doesn't have her sports outfit, so it's okay for Daisy to have an alt that looks like Peach's athletic attire. But if she would have a lot of kicking attacks that aren't good to do in a skirt and Peach were to keep her Daisy costume and the developers think about how awkward it is to run in a skirt, plus the extra hitboxes around her legs, it would probably best not to include the dress as an alt. If anything, Daisy's dress should be a collectable trophy that's either dropped randomly or by completing a challenge with Daisy.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I can Marth make fight his descendant who literally body-doubled him I'm not sure why Daisy wearing a dress would suddenly make her the same as Peach especially when Peach's dress was redesigned for Smash and they might do the same for Daisy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can Marth make fight his descendant who literally body-doubled him I'm not sure why Daisy wearing a dress would suddenly make her the same as Peach especially when Peach's dress was redesigned for Smash and they might do the same for Daisy.
Holy grammar, Batman! But anyway;

Lucina already fights with a sword and poses as Marth during her game. Daisy doesn't act at all like Peach beyond them playing the same role at one point, a damsel in distress. One works as a potential clone.

Daisy only plays like Peach in the spin-offs, where they often change up her clothing. But another thing to keep in mind is they represent different things in Mario Party 3, their personalities are vastly different, and they even have unique taunts among games. They aren't really similar enough to work as more than either a costume reference(like Smash already does) or a semi-clone due to having similar enough models. Some moves might work, like the Parasol, but not the Vegetables or Toad. Even the Side B works for a tomboy. Daisy's still a rough character and pretty physically active.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord

Lucina already fights with a sword and poses as Marth during her game. Daisy doesn't act at all like Peach beyond them playing the same role at one point, a damsel in distress. One works as a potential clone.

Daisy only plays like Peach in the spin-offs, where they often change up her clothing. But another thing to keep in mind is they represent different things in Mario Party 3, their personalities are vastly different, and they even have unique taunts among games. They aren't really similar enough to work as more than either a costume reference(like Smash already does) or a semi-clone due to having similar enough models. Some moves might work, like the Parasol, but not the Vegetables or Toad. Even the Side B works for a tomboy. Daisy's still a rough character and pretty physically active.
And that is why she should wear her sports clothes in Smash instead of her dress. Not just to differentiate her from Peach but to show her tomboyish sporty personality. Her dress may look slightly different from Peach's Daisy costume but if you got them as both CPUs and the camera's zoomed out, it may get hard to tell them apart. Just out of curiosity, has anyone's hitboxes or cloth physics changed with alts in Smash 4? Because that poofy dress covering her skinny legs could change her hitbox and cloth physics drastically.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And that is why she should wear her sports clothes in Smash instead of her dress. Not just to differentiate her from Peach but to show her tomboyish sporty personality. Her dress may look slightly different from Peach's Daisy costume but if you got them as both CPUs and the camera's zoomed out, it may get hard to tell them apart. Just out of curiosity, has anyone's hitboxes or cloth physics changed with alts in Smash 4? Because that poofy dress covering her skinny legs could change her hitbox and cloth physics drastically.
Never mind even if she used, say, Peach's Side Tilt, she'd still look reasonable. If only cause it's not flashing something under their dress, but a regular gymnastics style move.

Speaking of, I'd like to see her be closer to than in gameplay, more athletic. It feels more fitting. Not specifically sports so much as moving with grace and beauty athletically, to a degree. As Peach covers some of that.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Yeah, I can see the hitbox troubles of including both the dress and the sports outfit. If I had to choose one or the other though, I'd pick the sports outfit. It's still colorful and pretty in my opinion, and doesn't take away from her royal image. Yet, more badass, obviously.

Plus Peach in her yellow costume and Daisy in her default costume would be confusing from far away as mentioned.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Princess Daisy should totally use her sports outfit for Smash. It brings out her more "athletic" persona than Princess Peach, who fights more elegantly.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
You know if you now feel the sports outfit is more reasonable than the dress, you can vote for it above. If you already voted and you changed your mind, the poll has a button to change your vote.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think the dress especially would show her athletic and "tomboy" side since it'd show that Daisy is not scared of getting her dress dirty when lunging and cartwheeling.
Whereas Peach's animations and attacks were crafted around giving her a certain elegance and poise while fighting in a dress, Daisy would get vastly different animations. I think the sports outfit would actually make her more generic.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I think the dress especially would show her athletic and "tomboy" side since it'd show that Daisy is not scared of getting her dress dirty when lunging and cartwheeling.
Whereas Peach's animations and attacks were crafted around giving her a certain elegance and poise while fighting in a dress, Daisy would get vastly different animations. I think the sports outfit would actually make her more generic.
While Peach and Daisy are very different, how exaggerated and emphasized would they make her fighting animations? Realistically I don't think she'd be that bold and brash. Like I know she's a tomboy but in the Mario games her animations aren't all that wild. Still enthusiastic, but still a bit feminine.

So, what I mean by this is- if she's in her dress, wouldn't she still act the way she does in Mario games, which is happy and tomboyish but still feminine? In a dress, this would still be a bit still similar to Peach. Heck, in older games, they even shared certain running/jumping animations. They don't exaggerate her boldness other than her voice.

This is unless they actually do exaggerate her wild character more and make her more like Mario Strikers while putting her in a dress, similar to how Mario is exaggerated to be more serious and Luigi to be more strange and silly. That would be a great contrast. But if they don't do that, then she'd be super similar to Peach in appearance. That's why option two is the sports outfit.

I don't think the sports outfit is generic like a fighting suit or something that a female hero wears to be a typical badass, since it's very colorful, and also includes her crown and big earrings which I find to be an elegant touch to it. What I do find generic is when I see fanart of Daisy in her sports outfit and they remove either her earrings, flower collar or crown (a big no no in my book lol).

Some sporty Daisy art I did a while back!

https://plantasteroid.deviantart.com/art/SMASH-5-735081148

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
While Peach and Daisy are very different, how exaggerated and emphasized would they make her fighting animations? Realistically I don't think she'd be that bold and brash. Like I know she's a tomboy but in the Mario games her animations aren't all that wild. Still enthusiastic, but still a bit feminine.

So, what I mean by this is- if she's in her dress, wouldn't she still act the way she does in Mario games, which is happy and tomboyish but still feminine? In a dress, this would still be a bit still similar to Peach. Heck, in older games, they even shared certain running/jumping animations. They don't exaggerate her boldness other than her voice.

This is unless they actually do exaggerate her wild character more and make her more like Mario Strikers while putting her in a dress, similar to how Mario is exaggerated to be more serious and Luigi to be more strange and silly. That would be a great contrast. But if they don't do that, then she'd be super similar to Peach in appearance. That's why option two is the sports outfit.

I don't think the sports outfit is generic like a fighting suit or something that a female hero wears to be a typical badass, since it's very colorful, and also includes her crown and big earrings which I find to be an elegant touch to it. What I do find generic is when I see fanart of Daisy in her sports outfit and they remove either her earrings, flower collar or crown (a big no no in my book lol).

Some sporty Daisy art I did a while back!

https://plantasteroid.deviantart.com/art/SMASH-5-735081148
The reason you mentioned is why I'm against people saying that she would outright punch opponents. She only did that once, in Mario Party 3 which is an bizarrely old game.
What I mean by the animations Daisy would have are things like lunges, slide "kicks", wall jumps, somersaults, cartwheels and possibly a ground pound.
It shows she's eager to participate and that she puts the match above her dress. Basically she'd do what she'd do in a sports outfit, but in a dress. Instead of the moves being designed around her dress, the dress would be designed around the moves, because Daisy doesn't let her outfit compromise her win.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
The reason you mentioned is why I'm against people saying that she would outright punch opponents. She only did that once, in Mario Party 3 which is an bizarrely old game.
What I mean by the animations Daisy would have are things like lunges, slide "kicks", wall jumps, somersaults, cartwheels and possibly a ground pound.
It shows she's eager to participate and that she puts the match above her dress. Basically she'd do what she'd do in a sports outfit, but in a dress. Instead of the moves being designed around her dress, the dress would be designed around the moves, because Daisy doesn't let her outfit compromise her win.
Though, what I'm saying is, let's say they don't give Daisy all of that badassery and still seems cheerful like in Mario party games. Maybe she'll be a bit tomboyish but still girly and not crazy- if that's the case, the sports outfit would help to remove some femininity.

So, I would basically want her in a dress if they were to give her a wild and awesome persona with tough girl moves. BUT, if they don't give her that type of feel, and give her the same cheerfulness but not craziness that we see in a lot of games like Mario Party or Mario Super Sluggers, then I would prefer the sports outfit.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I made two, one as a Brawler and one as a Sniper.

The latter was based on Mario & Sonic's shooting game.

D

Deleted member

Definitely made a Daisy Mii for Smash. Also, she punches in Mario Strikers Charged I believe.

And I'd like to point out that the argument for Daisy in her dress getting mixed up with Peach in the Daisy costume goes out the window when you look at Cloud. I literally can't tell any of his costumes apart. Black, black, black, black, black, black, black and black. It's so annoying when there are multiple Clouds.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Getting Daisy in her sports outfit is a good idea, it would make her more unique and fit with the spin-off theme and personality.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I've talked about this before, but I really love the idea of Waluigi and Daisy sharing a reveal trailer. Now, I don't really care for Waluigi, but the idea of them being in a tennis themed trailer would be epic.

Also, Tennis Aces comes out on June 22nd, after E3. It would be interesting if they were to show a trailer making us think it was for Mario Tennis Aces, but was Smash.

Luigi and Mario playing Tennis. Waluigi bursts in and kicks Luigi to the side. "WALUIGI Butts In!!"

He gives Mario a show and proves to be a force to be reckoned with. Mario deflects all his shots, but a powerful shot comes Mario's way and he's about to miss. Slow-mo. Noooooooooo- BAM. An orange racquet had knocked it back. Mario looks up and hears "Hi I'm Daisy!". "DAISY SAYS HI!!"

Then, a montage showing the 2 newcomers in a new Mario tennis stage.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Getting Daisy in her sports outfit is a good idea, it would make her more unique and fit with the spin-off theme and personality.
And it could make it less tempting for Sakurai to make Daisy a Peach clone, right?

I've talked about this before, but I really love the idea of Waluigi and Daisy sharing a reveal trailer. Now, I don't really care for Waluigi, but the idea of them being in a tennis themed trailer would be epic.

Also, Tennis Aces comes out on June 22nd, after E3. It would be interesting if they were to show a trailer making us think it was for Mario Tennis Aces, but was Smash.

Luigi and Mario playing Tennis. Waluigi bursts in and kicks Luigi to the side. "WALUIGI Butts In!!"

He gives Mario a show and proves to be a force to be reckoned with. Mario deflects all his shots, but a powerful shot comes Mario's way and he's about to miss. Slow-mo. Noooooooooo- BAM. An orange racquet had knocked it back. Mario looks up and hears "Hi I'm Daisy!". "DAISY SAYS HI!!"

Then, a montage showing the 2 newcomers in a new Mario tennis stage.
I actually thought of an E3 trailer that has Daisy and Waluigi playing against eachother in Tennis. The victor would be playable while the loser would be an Assist Trophy. And the Smash Bros trailer plays on the stadium's screen during the match and they react to certain moments like Peach wearing Daisy's dress which infuriates Daisy, the showing of certain Assist Trophies getting Waluigi scared of going back in if he lost, the reveal of Sonic bringing Tails along having Daisy and Waluigi remember the Olympics. Eventually, Daisy wins the match and the invitation to Smash, while a Boo presents the Assist Trophy as Waluigi's new home. Waluigi traps the Boo in the Trophy and runs to the Smash stage to fight Daisy. So Daisy won her way to Smash and Waluigi cheated himself out of the Assist Trophy in order to become playable fighter!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
What are the chances of a Mario 2D platformer coming out this E3? Like a New Super Mario Bros. Switch?

I would be filled with pure happiness if it was a Super Mario Land remake, where Mario must rescue Daisy. Her official return to the main games with Super Mario Run being our previous little hint.. that would be the best.

Imagination aside, it would be a great idea, considering Daisy's 30th anniversary is next year.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What are the chances of a Mario 2D platformer coming out this E3? Like a New Super Mario Bros. Switch?

I would be filled with pure happiness if it was a Super Mario Land remake, where Mario must rescue Daisy. Her official return to the main games with Super Mario Run being our previous little hint.. that would be the best.

Imagination aside, it would be a great idea, considering Daisy's 30th anniversary is next year.
Well I'd say it's possible for a new 2D Mario. Though they may want to wait a little longer for the bitter taste of NSMBU to wash out.

SML remake would get rid of the "urgh, another one" problem in favor of the more manageable "more remakes" one which I'd be down for.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

I happen to be in favor of her being a clone/semi-clone if the differences are enough to stay true to her character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I happen to be in favor of her being a clone/semi-clone if the differences are enough to stay true to her character.
Oh, there's some things I'm sure would work fine. Side B especially, maybe Up B. Neutral B possibly? Down B, on the other hand... though at least the Forward Smash works easily for both.

They don't have much similarities beyond a body type. At least, when it comes to Smash moves.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, the only time I actually really liked Daisy as a character was in Mario Strikers where she's this cocky flamboyant athlete.

Also, she had that crystal punch thing for some reason, which was kinda neat.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I want to be clear that I'm being 100% serious and I'm not trying to be insulting by asking this.

When did this thread become so huge?
In the DLC hype days of Smash 4.

Daisy was seen as the most likely character as Waluigi was trapped as an assist trophy.

Daisy's also like schrodinger's moveset: she's got all the inspiration and none of it all at once making her fun to speculate movesets for.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
In the DLC hype days of Smash 4.

Daisy was seen as the most likely character as Waluigi was trapped as an assist trophy.

Daisy's also like schrodinger's moveset: she's got all the inspiration and none of it all at once making her fun to speculate movesets for.
Oh, so this includes the DLC period of speculation. Gotcha.

I was just confused because I didn't think people talked about Daisy that often.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Oh, so this includes the DLC period of speculation. Gotcha.

I was just confused because I didn't think people talked about Daisy that often.
I was also surprised to see how big this Daisy thread is especially since a certain user ruined her reputation.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I want to be clear that I'm being 100% serious and I'm not trying to be insulting by asking this.

When did this thread become so huge?
As guybrush said, she's the tabula rasa of speculation. Lots of elements to use, not truly her own.
You only need a small core of users to bring up new ideas every time.

There are also just a lot of Mario games with Daisy in it with new ones releasing quite frequently so there's always new games to speculate on as well.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
How awesome would it be if Daisy could hover like Peach? And she wears her sports clothes while doing it?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So this was a Smash 4 DLC thread that was moved to the Smash 5 newcomer board?
Not quite, but the Smash 5 newcomer threads were started not long after DLC stopped so the same crowd (more or less) carried over.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
How awesome would it be if Daisy could hover like Peach? And she wears her sports clothes while doing it?
To me that makes her very similar to Peach rather than distinguish her. I'd much prefer a triple jump to reference her double jump in Mario Run.

Just like how Peach's float emits sparkles, Daisy's third jump can leave a little pop of petals near her feet.

Anyone excited to see how the new Smash will look like at E3?
I've been more than excited. I've been counting the days. Now that I'm done with the school year and finished my finals, I don't have to worry about studying and can just await.

I really wonder if Smash Switch is reusing character models/art or creating entirely new ones.

My hopes for Smash Switch in order:
1) playable Daisy
2) story mode with cutscenes
3) new voices for all old characters.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Anyone excited to see how the new Smash will look like at E3?
I am also kind of scared, will the new Smash be like the smash I want to see? Will the new characters be the ones I want?

I also really want a story mode but the huge quantity of characters wouldn't make it fit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom