• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

SonicMario

Smash Master
1. How do we know that Dixie Kong is likelier than Daisy? She has been realtively ignored by Nintendo for years until very recently, in a game that has Cranky Kong and Funky Kong returning. She couldn't even get into Mario Kart Wii whilst Funky did. Sakurai may have considered her as part of Diddy's moveset, but not as a solo character.

2. The Peach alt looking less like Daisy all of the time is one thing, but Daisy got a lot more references in Smash 4 than she did in Brawl. That Mii costume that people champion with K Rool? Daisy was one of the few non Smash characters to get one in the base game. And they were not ripped directly from the Plaza.

3. I am honestly not sure about Captain Toad and Paper Mario making it in. Captain Toad doesn't seem like he could fight and Paper Mario is going to be a third Mario. Oh, and one of the reasons why I think Daisy might have an edge is because she is pretty much one of the only female Mario characters left to add who would make a viable fighter.
1. Dixie seems more likely simply because of how Donkey Kong's probably going to increase in representation this time around. And while Dixie shouldn't be a complete clone. She'd be easy to base off of Diddy. It's been considered a strong possibility that DK's representation is doubled this time around with K. Rool getting in thanks to strong results in the ballot and a character like Dixie as an extra character. DK is considered the subseries most likely to gain new reps. The mainline Mario series could already be seen as represented well enough already.

2. I don't put too much stake on the Mii Costumes myself. Some costumes are obviously just bonus representation for the series and/or some neat nods to other games especially the costumes that are from 3rd Party games. Though there is certainly some that are indicative of being consolation prizes in doing well in the ballot and/or hints that they're being saved for later. K. Rool's happen to be heavily based on his classic design. Something that hasn't been used for K. Rool in ages. Daisy did get the hair and crown in the base game. But that feels like extra Mario series hats along with Waluigi's as well as the hats for Mario characters that are in the game (Mario and Luigi's hat, Peach's Crown). It's not exactly a full costume either with no option to give your Mii Daisy's dress or Sports attire.

3. Using the argument of a character doesn't seem like they could fight in a series that has included characters like ROB and Wii Fit Trainer is ridiculous. And Captain Toad would certainly have more to pull from then many characters thought unlikely to be fighting. As noted whenever the "Captain Toad can't jump" argument comes about. Either Captain Toad will have the excuse of "He packed lighter" so he can jump (Though still not that high, Toads in games in where they have unique attributes have them with the shortest jump out of them and Mario, Luigi, and Peach but the quickest speed). Or they'll make that fact some sort of gimmick that helps Captain Toad be one of the most unique fighters out of all of them. Game Explain's video was an example of how that could work. I'm not 100% sure that's exactly what they'll do but never underestimate Sakurai's creativity.

As for Paper Mario, if the Mario RPGs get a rep at all it would likely be Paper Mario simply because a 3rd Party Square character (Whether that's an additional Final Fantasy character other then Cloud or someone from Dragon Quest or anybody else Square has to offer that would make for a worthy 3rd party addition) is probably more of a priority then Geno is. Paper Mario still gets games too, granted games that fans of the older games aren't exactly fond of but still new games nonetheless. Dr. Mario was a last minute clone and probably a bit of a nod to fans of Melee. I don't put too much stake of Dr. Mario blocking Paper Mario's way. Albeit I would prefer Dr. Mario to become an alt for regular Mario and Paper Mario to come in as THE 2nd Mario.

Toad/Captain Toad and Paper Mario are both Daisy's and Waluigi's biggest roadblocks for this Smash. Though my personal guess is we either get Toad/Captain Toad or no new Mario characters at all. (And I mean those specifically that would have the mushroom symbol, DK I know kinda counts as Mario but that series is honestly more separate from Mario then either Wario's or Yoshi's games.)

BinWeevil28

Banned via Administration
1. Dixie seems more likely simply because of how Donkey Kong's probably going to increase in representation this time around. And while Dixie shouldn't be a complete clone. She'd be easy to base off of Diddy. It's been considered a strong possibility that DK's representation is doubled this time around with K. Rool getting in thanks to strong results in the ballot and a character like Dixie as an extra character. DK is considered the subseries most likely to gain new reps. The mainline Mario series could already be seen as represented well enough already.
Based on the ballot? I think it will be K Rool only. And event then, I doubt it. If you think Daisy is irrelevant, I would love to see King K Rool's last appearances...

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I wish I could have voted her in the bracket challenge. But Daisy lost in Round 1 and I found the bracket during Round 2.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Add ME to the support list. I saw this video about the top 5 reasons Daisy should get in to Smash and I am convinced!

It is such as a shame that loads of people consider her a no-hoper. People gave her undeserved flak in the Rate Their Chances thread, while Waluigi and others were rated fairly.
Tbf, Wa gets a free pass in most people' book because of his personality and his meme status.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dixie is definitely more likely than Daisy. Unlike Daisy, there is only one character from Dixie's series who could get in over her.
Plus she is the main playable character of TWO Donkey Kong Country games and an important supporting one in Tropical Freeze.

Sorry, but she is far from a spinoff only character unlike the Barrel Blast Kremlings and well Daisy

Comparisons between the two shouldn't be made.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Plus she is the main playable character of TWO Donkey Kong Country games and an important supporting one in Tropical Freeze.

Sorry, but she is far from a spinoff only character unlike the Barrel Blast Kremlings and well Daisy

Comparisons between the two shouldn't be made.
Daisy also appeared into 3 main mario games, and unlike Dixie she constantly appears in the Mario series and has much more relevance, she was even highlighted in two games developed by Smash 4's team. She has more longetivity, like 3 times her appearances, alternate costumes choices, established roles and relactionships in the series and even a Baby version.
So I don't see why they shouldn't be compared.

3. Using the argument of a character doesn't seem like they could fight in a series that has included characters like ROB and Wii Fit Trainer is ridiculous. And Captain Toad would certainly have more to pull from then many characters thought unlikely to be fighting. As noted whenever the "Captain Toad can't jump" argument comes about. Either Captain Toad will have the excuse of "He packed lighter" so he can jump (Though still not that high, Toads in games in where they have unique attributes have them with the shortest jump out of them and Mario, Luigi, and Peach but the quickest speed).
I won't rely that much on that, first of all the whole "Captain Toad can't jump" not only is the main caratteristic about Ctoad game but also the main thing about his character, do you really think Nintendo will change it just for make him fit in Smash when Sakurai just rejected a lot of characters for similar reasons?
The first jump is always simple, I don't see Sakurai making it as complex as Gamexplain said. Also it's interesting that people defend him with "Sakurai is creative" yet they think Daisy would just be a Peach clone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know why people take such offense at Daisy being a clone of Peach. Her origin is essentially a stand-in for Peach as the damsel in distress, and since returning in Mario Tennis she has always been portrayed as a counterpart to Peach in the same way Luigi is to Mario--and Luigi also started as a clone.

Some characters just make more sense as a clone/semi-clone, such as Luigi, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Daisy (although I kinda hope Dr. Mario becomes an alt costume). Unfortunately, Dark Pit and Lucina, the most recently introduced clones, are hardly different at all from their source characters, but that may be because they were just going to be alt costumes.

Peach has always had a Daisy costume and it's curious why she wasn't considered to a be a full alt and yet Alph, Lucina, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, the gender-swapped characters, and the Koopalings were all planned as alts. So either Sakurai ran out of time to make Daisy a true alt, didn't care enough to do so, or felt she deserves more (which I kinda doubt). He was obviously very open to including more characters at the cost of making them all unique, and my guess is he just didn't have time to fit in Daisy, who was probably lower priority. Even Bowser Jr. almost didn't make it in!

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
I don't know why people take such offense at Daisy being a clone of Peach. Her origin is essentially a stand-in for Peach as the damsel in distress, and since returning in Mario Tennis she has always been portrayed as a counterpart to Peach in the same way Luigi is to Mario--and Luigi also started as a clone.

Some characters just make more sense as a clone/semi-clone, such as Luigi, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Daisy (although I kinda hope Dr. Mario becomes an alt costume). Unfortunately, Dark Pit and Lucina, the most recently introduced clones, are hardly different at all from their source characters, but that may be because they were just going to be alt costumes.

Peach has always had a Daisy costume and it's curious why she wasn't considered to a be a full alt and yet Alph, Lucina, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, the gender-swapped characters, and the Koopalings were all planned as alts. So either Sakurai ran out of time to make Daisy a true alt, didn't care enough to do so, or felt she deserves more (which I kinda doubt). He was obviously very open to including more characters at the cost of making them all unique, and my guess is he just didn't have time to fit in Daisy, who was probably lower priority. Even Bowser Jr. almost didn't make it in!
Because having the same roles in few games is not being a clone, in the old 80's Mario the roles were only protagonist, antagonist or damsel/friend in distress, and being a damsel is not just being "an alternative Peach" because back then Peach filled this role for like 3 or 4 times and Pauline was still a thing.
When Daisy came back in Mario Tennis she was not Peach's partner but Luigi and Birdo's with Peach she only shares a friendship that will turn into a partnership only few years later.

And most importantly a thing that people don't understand or want to avoid:
Daisy doesn't fit with Peach's moveset
People always act like "she looks similar than Peach and has a similar body shape so she would just be a clone" but this doesn't matter, most of the clones if not all only gets added last second for make the roster bigger, due to the lack of developing time they get in as clones, it's only a matter if time. Lucina does not play like Marth in FE yet she is a clone. About the shape: Toon Link, he may be Link but he has a different shape than him.
Back to Peach's topic: plenty of moves of Peach's character are exclusives to hers, others are avaiable to other characters too but not Daisy (eg vegetables), even most of the moves are named after her because they were exclusively made for her character.

Sakurai and his team are creative so I don't see why people think Daisy can just be a Peach clone yet they can find solutions to make a lot of characters unique or fix their problems (Captain Toad's jump again).

3 main Mario games?

Land, I'm guessing Run is being counted but what's the third?
Super Mario Maker, there has been a lot of controversy about this one but recently Nintendo has started that it's a part of the main series. However not sure if it matters much because she is just a costume, fully detailed with voice clips and one artwork but still, it depends if cameos are counted or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Super Mario Maker is still pretty much a spinoff with no canonicity when it was marketed as a level designer than a platformer.

Then again, Nintendo said lots of things.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
Super Mario Maker is still pretty much a spinoff with no canonicity when it was marketed as a level designer than a platformer.

Then again, Nintendo said lots of things.
If Nintendo said it's a main game we have to follow this decision.
And Mario has not acutally a canon, all the games happened somehow, in fact it was never said that the series has canon msingames and noncanon spinoffs, the only games excluded from canon are Paper Mario and Smash, nothing else was said.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Nintendo said it's a main game we have to follow this decision.
And Mario has not acutally a canon, all the games happened somehow, in fact it was never said that the series has canon msingames and noncanon spinoffs, the only games excluded from canon are Paper Mario and Smash, nothing else was said.
True enough, Mario's "canon" is nonexistent and all over the place.

Though at least it is pretty clear which and which is not a spinoff. Like say, Mario Kart to the Mario platformers.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
True enough, Mario's "canon" is nonexistent and all over the place.

Though at least it is pretty clear which and which is not a spinoff. Like say, Mario Kart to the Mario platformers.
I don't see your point, if Nintendo said Super Mario Maker is a main game isn't a bit pointless to debate? I mean it's surprising on one side but on the other side is not, this game was made for the anniversary of the main series so there is a reason why Nintendo listed it as one of them.
It's pretty clear in most of the chases but sometimes not so much, Super Mario 64 DS was considerated a main game for a long time by fans because "it's a remake of a main game" though Nintendo deconfirmed it. Same for Luigi's Mansion (but I don't know why someone would call it a main game when everything about this game screams "spinoff").

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't see your point, if Nintendo said Super Mario Maker is a main game isn't a bit pointless to debate? I mean it's surprising on one side but on the other side is not, this game was made for the anniversary of the main series so there is a reason why Nintendo listed it as one of them.
It's pretty clear in most of the chases but sometimes not so much, Super Mario 64 DS was considerated a main game for a long time by fans because "it's a remake of a main game" though Nintendo deconfirmed it. Same for Luigi's Mansion (but I don't know why someone would call it a main game when everything about this game screams "spinoff").
I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. I am only stating that I can see how Super Mario Maker is a main game at least compared to things like Mario Kart and such. Still a platformer at heart despite the focus on level editing and lack of plot. It was also treated like a big title too.

Though still, Daisy's inclusion game very late to promote the anniversary of Super Mario Land while Waluigi was in the base game. I am still baffled by that decisions to this day. Why not have her in the base game like her fellow spinoff brethren? That was easily one of Nintendo's most questions decision with Super Mario Maker other than the loads of product placement advertisement and celebrity pandering costumes.

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. I am only stating that I can see how Super Mario Maker is a main game at least compared to things like Mario Kart and such. Still a platformer at heart despite the focus on level editing and lack of plot. It was also treated like a big title too.

Though still, Daisy's inclusion game very late to promote the anniversary of Super Mario Land while Waluigi was in the base game. I am still baffled by that decisions to this day. Why not have her in the base game like her fellow spinoff brethren? That was easily one of Nintendo's most questions decision with Super Mario Maker other than the loads of product placement advertisement and celebrity pandering costumes.
Oh, my bad.

Anniversary of Super Mario Land? But Daisy wan announced in January while Land was released in April.
Not being in the base game is weird, maybe she was planned but posticipated to make more Event Courses?

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I just love the fact Shaun the Sheep, Baby Metal and Hello Kitty have been playable in a main Mario series platformer.

Also "Captain Toad can't jump" is no longer valid since he's bouncing about like crazy in that game.

Mario Maker is a messy slippery slope and I don't think it'll mean much for Daisy since it also aids all her competition with Waluigi and Toad getting in prior to an event course(the base game if you will) and Captain Toad, Toadette, Paper Mario, Nabbit, E.Gadd, etc having as much priority as she has.

Run is a bit more concrete as it's clearly Daisy, not an outfit and she shares the role of playable with a more select cast.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I just love the fact Shaun the Sheep, Baby Metal and Hello Kitty have been playable in a main Mario series platformer.

Also "Captain Toad can't jump" is no longer valid since he's bouncing about like crazy in that game.

Mario Maker is a messy slippery slope and I don't think it'll mean much for Daisy since it also aids all her competition with Waluigi and Toad getting in prior to an event course(the base game if you will) and Captain Toad, Toadette, Paper Mario, Nabbit, E.Gadd, etc having as much priority as she has.

Run is a bit more concrete as it's clearly Daisy, not an outfit and she shares the role of playable with a more select cast.
Captain Toad is just a costume in that game, not his own character, and despite this his own event course was still a reference to his incapacity of jump.
Being added before doesn't mean more chances or more important, in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX (developed by Smash 4's team) Rosalina made in after Waluigi yet she ended up being playable.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Captain Toad is just a costume in that game, not his own character, and despite this his own event course was still a reference to his incapacity of jump.
Being added before doesn't mean more chances or more important, in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX (developed by Smash 4's team) Rosalina made in after Waluigi yet she ended up being playable.
That's kind of my first point; Daisy is just a costume too in that game.

My second point was it doesn't promote Daisy anymore than any other Mario character all of whom got similar treatment in the costume stakes so I'm not sure that's worth putting stock in for a point in Daisy's favour.

Run has some merit because there's only Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi(and colour variants), Toad, and Toadette to compete with, all of whom bar the Toads are already playable in Smash. Waluigi is unlikely to make it in there unless Wario does first.

But if Waluigi makes it in later down the line, then what gives Daisy the edge?

Basically I'm looking for a second Mario support after Captain Toad. I like Daisy a lot, but I also like Waluigi a lot and am on the fence about who to throw my support behind for a second Mario character.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
So if they are celebrating Daisy's anniversary, does that make it more likely for her to be in Smash?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So if they are celebrating Daisy's anniversary, does that make it more likely for her to be in Smash?
The entire Metroid series missed out on it's 25th anni. Year based Milestones don't count much in and of themselves. They usually make for a good marketing hook but that's it. If only Sega understood that and didn't rush their games to meet them...

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice

My second point was it doesn't promote Daisy anymore than any other Mario character all of whom got similar treatment in the costume stakes so I'm not sure that's worth putting stock in for a point in Daisy's favour.

Run has some merit because there's only Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi(and colour variants), Toad, and Toadette to compete with, all of whom bar the Toads are already playable in Smash. Waluigi is unlikely to make it in there unless Wario does first.

Basically I'm looking for a second Mario support after Captain Toad. I like Daisy a lot, but I also like Waluigi a lot and am on the fence about who to throw my support behind for a second Mario character.
Daisy is still pretty iconic, she is the second most appearing female video game character of all time, this may be an advantage.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Daisy is still pretty iconic, she is the second most appearing female video game character of all time, this may be an advantage.
"Iconic" is a stretch.

Peach is the most recurring female video game character of all time, I think that's a given. Even if Daisy is the second (I can't find any sources on that), female characters such as Samus, Zelda, Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, hell, even Bayonetta are far more "iconic", and just basing it off of how many video games they appear in is a pretty shallow way to judge a character's relevance and iconic-ness.

D

Deleted member

I like Daisy a lot, but I also like Waluigi a lot and am on the fence about who to throw my support behind for a second Mario character.
Well Daisy has seniority, has appeared outside of Mario spin-offs (Super Mario Land and Super Mario Run), and is cuter. So pick Daisy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well Daisy has seniority, has appeared outside of Mario spin-offs (Super Mario Land and Super Mario Run), and is cuter. So pick Daisy.
Super Mario Run is pretty much a spin-off by all means anyway.

...Why would "being cuter" matter either? I like the character, don't get me wrong. But these are fairly arbitrary and don't really give any major reason to be interested in the character. I like both Waluigi and Daisy because they're interesting and full of personality. That's enough for me.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

There's no meaningful edge-out in importantness between Waluigi and Daisy.
They're both spin-off titans and Daisy's upperhand mainly lies in having a presence in games that have been or are listed as main games by Nintendo or, talking in a likely-for-smash context, clone potential.

Outside of SML/SMR, they're both neck-on-neck in appearance count, with deciding factors as far as I know being cameos like Waluigi Pinball being in MK7 without Waluigi

Imo, Daisy's main game presence "cancels out" Waluigi's popularity in the tally and Daisy being referenced since Melee not only in Peach's alt, but in Smash 4 with things like Peach's end movie on top of the infamous "five trophies" (Daisy got five trophies in Smash 4, the highest amount of any NPC) can prove to be a countercase to Waluigi's AT appearance.
(While keeping the heads-up through clone-ability)

Overall though, it comes down to preference as they're two sides of the same "spin-off trash" coin.

For me, the appeal of Daisy as proper dark horse character made me choose to support Daisy on top of the challenge of figuring out a moveset for a character that has both every moveset potential she needs and nothing to call her own.

Waluigi's moveset seems to be mostly figured out as "whacky, lanky, Swim Air Side Special" which gives away the satisfaction of finding out a moveset for yourself.

Waluigi has arguably more moveset potential as nobody will question this lunatic randomly pulling out anything really (he could be a clone of Bayo and it'd fit him) whereas a Daisy moveset would require consistency since her characterisation doesn't really allow random elements to be put together like Waluigi's.

Overall, I suggest supporting both at the same time. They're both dark horses with a lot of hurdles except Waluigi can partially swim under them by being random and quirky whereas Daisy is happy to get her double jump to tackle at least one hurdle.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
"Iconic" is a stretch.

Peach is the most recurring female video game character of all time, I think that's a given. Even if Daisy is the second (I can't find any sources on that), female characters such as Samus, Zelda, Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, hell, even Bayonetta are far more "iconic", and just basing it off of how many video games they appear in is a pretty shallow way to judge a character's relevance and iconic-ness.
Even if it's less iconic than all off them (not Bayonetta tho, I love her but she is not that iconic) it still an impressive record that she was able to beat. And judge relevance by appearance it's pretty fair to me, this is what appearance means anyway: being a current strong thing which is what Daisy is.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
"Iconic" is a stretch.

She's "iconic" in the sense that casuals know about her as she keeps appearing consistently in the well-selling spin-offs.
Does that mean she has a big impact on gaming? No, not neccesarily. It does mean that she's known through multiple generations and that she will always be relevant, something that not many potential newcomers can boast about in a speculation phase of "bottom of the barrel"

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
There's no meaningful edge-out in importantness between Waluigi and Daisy.
They're both spin-off titans and Daisy's upperhand mainly lies in having a presence in games that have been or are listed as main games by Nintendo or, talking in a likely-for-smash context, clone potential.

Outside of SML/SMR, they're both neck-on-neck in appearance count, with deciding factors as far as I know being cameos like Waluigi Pinball being in MK7 without Waluigi

Imo, Daisy's main game presence "cancels out" Waluigi's popularity in the tally and Daisy being referenced since Melee not only in Peach's alt, but in Smash 4 with things like Peach's end movie on top of the infamous "five trophies" (Daisy got five trophies in Smash 4, the highest amount of any NPC) can prove to be a countercase to Waluigi's AT appearance.
(While keeping the heads-up through clone-ability)

Overall though, it comes down to preference as they're two sides of the same "spin-off trash" coin.

For me, the appeal of Daisy as proper dark horse character made me choose to support Daisy on top of the challenge of figuring out a moveset for a character that has both every moveset potential she needs and nothing to call her own.

Waluigi's moveset seems to be mostly figured out as "whacky, lanky, Swim Air Side Special" which gives away the satisfaction of finding out a moveset for yourself.

Waluigi has arguably more moveset potential as nobody will question this lunatic randomly pulling out anything really (he could be a clone of Bayo and it'd fit him) whereas a Daisy moveset would require consistency since her characterisation doesn't really allow random elements to be put together like Waluigi's.

Overall, I suggest supporting both at the same time. They're both dark horses with a lot of hurdles except Waluigi can partially swim under them by being random and quirky whereas Daisy is happy to get her double jump to tackle at least one hurdle.
I like Wa to some extend, but what really irks me is that some fans put him in a golden pedestal like he is a given for the next Smash, yet even the slightest mention that you want Daisy over him will result in the usual answers.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
This Mario Tennis Aces looks great. It has story mode, special shots, special moves, many characters ...
By the way, Daisy has two new artworks...

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
This Mario Tennis Aces looks great. It has story mode, special shots, special moves, many characters ...
By the way, Daisy has two new artworks...

The last one looks gorgeous.

BossPackunFlower

Banned via Warnings
Here is Daisy's new trick shot in Mario Tennis Aces!

Oh, and add me to the list! Daisy has been my most wanted since I was a child when I played Smash Brawl!

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I absolutely love Daisy's new artwork. It's bright and colorful; hopefully we get a version without Peach in it.

Also, regarding Mario Run, I have been very aware that Daisy is unlocked at level 30, but I recently realized how interesting and coincidental it is- Mario Run is her first "main" appearance since Mario Land, which was 28 years ago, so basically close to 30 years.

I think it's cool and symbolic of her main return. Or just a coincidence.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
So do you think she can have both her classic dress and her tennis shorts as alternate costumes? I want the shorts but the poll above shows that more people want the dress. I don't know, some animations and hit boxes could change when she wears her skirt, like she would have to hold it like Peach when she runs but with her shorts she can run normally.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
So do you think she can have both her classic dress and her tennis shorts as alternate costumes? I want the shorts but the poll above shows that more people want the dress. I don't know, some animations and hit boxes could change when she wears her skirt, like she would have to hold it like Peach when she runs but with her shorts she can run normally.
I honestly would love both just like how Wario has biker and overalls. It'd be very fitting to include both.

I don't agree with the animation change though. lol. All alts have to have the same animations. My idea is that when she runs she simply does not hold her dress. That way it will still look fine when she runs in shorts.

My question is, which will be the main outfit of her first costume? Dress or sports? I'm fine with either one.

D

Deleted member

You know, if they put in just a little extra effort, they could include the dress and shorts but have different animations. I don't have much faith that they would do it though...

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Her Sports outfit should be her default. And she can have pink and blue variations based on Peach and Rosalina like how Peach has a yellow dress based on Daisy. Though if Daisy gets her dress as an alternate costume and Peach keeps her Daisy costume, they might need to be more distinguishable so the players could keep track of who's who in a fight in those costumes.

You know, if they put in just a little extra effort, they could include the dress and shorts but have different animations. I don't have much faith that they would do it though...
Yeah, they should at least for her dash animation. That long skirt is a tripping hazard if she runs the same way as the sports games.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Her Sports outfit should be her default. And she can have pink and blue variations based on Peach and Rosalina like how Peach has a yellow dress based on Daisy. Though if Daisy gets her dress as an alternate costume and Peach keeps her Daisy costume, they might need to be more distinguishable so the players could keep track of who's who in a fight in those costumes.

Yeah, they should at least for her dash animation. That long skirt is a tripping hazard if she runs the same way as the sports games.
Well I mean it’s a game so they can still make her run athletically swinging her arms in her dress. Not like she’ll actually fall.

Anyways I would love to see her have a pink dress with blonde hair.

Top Bottom