• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I just picked up Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition.

It's nice to see that Daisy is one of the available skins in the included Super Mario Mash-up Pack!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I just picked up Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition.

It's nice to see that Daisy is one of the available skins in the included Super Mario Mash-up Pack!
xD It looks as if Daisy had angry puffy cheeks! And DAAAMN, Wario's diet was really effective, he looks looks as plain as a board. xP

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
xD I know Mario already does this...but it would make me crack into joyful laughter if Daisy did this in one of her throws:

xD It is just so funny to look at!
Perfection at its finest!

#BowserDidNothngWrong

As for that being a throw, it would be cool.

But not every Mario character needs that type of throw. Unless half of them don't have a similar one.
Daisy would be unique if she did that, at least in terms of female fighters, yeah its generic when :4mario:/:4luigi:/:4drmario:/:4wario2: do it (Plus, Waluigi, knowing Sakurai), but considering that literally none of the following :4bayonetta:/:4corrinf:/:4jigglypuff:/:4lucina:/:4palutena:/:4peach:/:4robinf:/:rosalina:/:4samus:/:4sheik:/:4villagerf:/:4wiifit:/:4zelda:/:4zss:/:4wendy: can do the throw, Daisy would be a fantastic fit for it! Like Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan stated, she's punched Bowser in the sky, whose to say that she wouldn't do it?

Also, StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 good to see you back once more, considering that both Daisy and Pauline have gotten major roles lately, I was starting to wonder where you were at after a while! ~ Afro

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
And it seems Waluigi also gained some necessary weight.
xD So that means Wario got a lipo and Wahluigi got a grease injection or something? XD They wanted to give 50/50 of what they needed for their procedure! O-O

Last edited:

RthkZy

Smash Rookie
If she was included, my guess is that she would probably be a Peach Clone. At least for some of her moves and character hitboxes. Theres just not alot of games that she can take moves from.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
If she was included, my guess is that she would probably be a Peach Clone. At least for some of her moves and character hitboxes.
Whilst I wouldn't be entirely surprised by a loose, "Luigified" semi-clone approach possibly being taken with Daisy, I'd be interested to hear which of Peach's moves you feel would suit Daisy to the point that she'd be a regular clone as your post suggests, if you're willing to share.

Theres just not alot of games that she can take moves from.
That's ok. Even if we're not considering Daisy's appearances in the many spin-offs in which she's appeared (in which case we have Super Mario Land and Super Mario Run to draw from), a lot of stuff gets made up for Smash anyway, either based on characters' personalities, or fabricated outright - for example, there's no game where Donkey Kong spins his entire body in order to use his arms to fly like a helicopter, Fox and Captain Falcon's moves were all created specifically for Smash, the dog from Duck Hunt didn't cross over with multiple other NES Zapper games, and Ganondorf isn't Captain Falcon in disguise in order to go undercover in the Zelda games. ;) I don't recall Zelda's Sheik disguise having much to draw from in her lone NPC appearance in the Zelda series, either, come to think of it.

Considering that there's also Mr. Game & Watch, who's not a real character from a Game & Watch game at all, but instead a made-for-Smash amalgamation (he has the appearance of a generic NPC from Fire, instead of the personality-filled look that most Game & Watch characters had, with random moves from several other Game & Watch titles grafted onto him), I don't think that they'd have any difficulty combining both Daisy's personality-traits and numerous game appearances to create a fitting moveset for her if she were added to Smash.

Sure, they could make Daisy a straight re-skin of Peach, but not only would that be a missed opportunity since their biggest similarity in this day and age is ultimately that they're both princesses who wear dresses, the fact that they didn't do so in Smash 3DS/Wii U, where they did this sort of thing a fair bit to pad out the roster, suggests that they may not be inclined to take that route with her.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So Daisy's gotten a slight redesign.

Her original tan back (albeit a bit lighter) and her make-up is much lighter to fully contrast Peach.

These are from the new Mario LINE stickers by the way.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Her original tan back (albeit a bit lighter) and her make-up is much lighter to fully contrast Peach.

I saw the LINE images being reported on, but the images I saw were so low-resolution that it was impossible to see any changes. :laugh:

Daisy never had a tan originally, though - that was an N64 era change. :p

Still, this new artwork looks really nice. Her face looks a little different overall, too - the shape of it is slightly different, isn't it?

EDIT: I've just heard it claimed that the Peach and Daisy sticker uses a jingle from Super Mario Land, too! :grin:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Oh, cool! Her tan's back (in a sense)! Not going to lie, I think it looks REALLY nice on her post-MP3 design.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh, cool! Her tan's back (in a sense)! Not going to lie, I think it looks REALLY nice on her post-MP3 design.
Agreed.

I hope this is a permanent change and not just for LINE stickers. She's been needing a sight redesign for a long time IMO

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias

Rodney and I got Job Corps grounded again, so can you show the image on here? The regular Job Corps computer won't let me see it... >:(

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

This is actually great, It would be awesome if she got into smash in this design!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
This is actually great, It would be awesome if she got into smash in this design!
I agree! She looks a bit more realistic and lively in this design and her face is so... Smash Bros. I don’t know how to explain it lol

Also she looks better without lipstick (as in opposed to where she does have it like in Tennis Ultra Smash)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I like this redesign, something tells me this is just for the LINE stickers. If it really was a new redesign for Daisy, she wouldn't look the same in Mario Party Best 100 or Super Mario Run.

I would be happy if this will be her new look for future games (especially for that tan), but let's not celebrate just yet. Could be a Red Herring at worst.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
As much as I like this redesign, something tells me this is just for the LINE stickers. If it really was a new redesign for Daisy, she wouldn't look the same in Mario Party Best 100 or Super Mario Run.

I would be happy if this will be her new look for future games (especially for that tan), but let's not celebrate just yet. Could be a Red Herring at worst.
But the thing is, it's easier and faster to develop things like LINE stickers compared to an actual video game. Daisy's data was in the coding for Super Mario Run since the summer (hence the rumor) while Mario Party Best 100 was likely in development since the beginning of this year.

You can't really compare the two. And Nintendo has the most say over what they want the Mario LINE stickers or IOS stickers look like. This isn't creative liberties at all, but what the company would want her to look like from her on out. Different teams handle different things. So who knows, she could have this new look for a Switch Mario Party game or another Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

They wouldn't just give her a design for only one thing, they would stick with it. This isn't the Legend of Zelda.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If I could throw my two bits in here, just WHY would Princess Daisy suddenly regain her tan out of nowhere? And for a set of stickers, no less?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
If I could throw my two bits in here, just WHY would Princess Daisy suddenly regain her tan out of nowhere? And for a set of stickers, no less?
Because they've refreshed the artwork and changed her skin-tone slightly, and this happens to be the first place that it's been used, is my guess. ;)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Because they've refreshed the artwork and changed her skin-tone slightly, and this happens to be the first place that it's been used, is my guess. ;)
And it will be a while until we see if any new Mario projects will happen to use this new design.

Whenever we will get a new Nintendo Direct.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I was recently given a heads-up by @Zem-raj that the video slots on the Japanese Nintendo Direct page have moved around again. This usually means that there'll be a Nintendo Direct within two weeks to one month, going by past instances of this happening.
Oh really? Cool.

Though I won't be expecting a new Mario sports game to be confirmed that fast. If only to see that Tan!Dasy will be permanent.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So I finally got to play SMO at my GameStop last night (as well as Pokken DX AND Mario Kart 8 DX), and I finally see the hype surrounding these games is definitely justified.

For SMO, I could only traverse the Tostarena Desert, but the village alone was pretty big to get around. Also, SO...MANY....MOVES TO PERFORM....

Pokken DX - The Pokemon are certainly bigger badasses in that game than I ever thought possible. Really wanted to play as Pika Libre, but it was a demo, so no dice.

MK8 DX - I actually had more fun in that game I thought I would. Also, would it be weird to say that Isabelle is my main in that game now?

Also, HOLY ****, is SMO a HUGE*** game or what?!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I was recently given a heads-up by @Zem-raj that the video slots on the Japanese Nintendo Direct page have moved around again. This usually means that there'll be a Nintendo Direct within two weeks to one month, going by past instances of this happening.
Thanks for the tip. I'm guessing it'll be part "Hey, SMO is out" and part end of year, early next year games.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So I found this on Twitter.

Nice seeing Daisy featured alongside these popular and recent Nintendo girls.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I found this on Twitter.

Nice seeing Daisy featured alongside these popular and recent Nintendo girls.
> No Xenoblade characters
> No Mona or Kat & Ana
> No Dixie Kong
> No Lola Pop
> No Able Sisters
> No Wii Ft Trainer

But Daisy being there is nice. That's cool.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
> No Xenoblade characters
> No Mona or Kat & Ana
> No Dixie Kong
> No Lola Pop
> No Able Sisters
> No Wii Ft Trainer

But Daisy being there is nice. That's cool.
No Fire Emblem characters.
No Brittney (I think that’s her name) from Pikmin
No Impa
Personally, I don't care much for this pic because of what you guys just listed. I know, it makes me sound CRAZY nitpicky, but the girls you and Freduardo Freduardo just listed are (IMO) also VERY prominent to Nintendo's history, and them being absent leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.

ESPECIALLY with the absence of Dixie Kong and Mona. Honestly? The latter admittedly bugs me a little bit more over how Ashley is there, but she's not.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
You got it! :grin:

This one's quite large, so I've put it inside a spoiler-tag;

Looks great, glad to see that Pauline, and Daisy both made it in!

However, the lack of....

• Fire Emblem Females
  • Wario Females
  • Donkey Kong Females
  • F-Zero Females
  • Xenoblade Females
  • MORE Nintendo Females period!
Nice pic, but very, very lacking.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Agreed. Best not to jump to conclusions.
You got it! :grin:

This one's quite large, so I've put it inside a spoiler-tag;

Looks cool thanks for the repost.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like that direct was actually Animal Crossing Mobile. And I'm thinking it's getting a limited release in Japan first.

Top Bottom