• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Some gameplay with Daisy in it.
I like how they specify that Daisy's double-jump lets her jump higher and farther than the others. Everyone who said that this idea could lend itself well to Daisy having greater aerial mobility if she were in Smash, give yourselves a round of applause. ;)

Also, that enthusiastic "Here comes Daisy!" at the end of the trailer is great. So's the animation that goes with it. :laugh:

It's also worth pointing out that they mention that Remix 10 is playable prior to purchasing the full game. That's a really big deal, as it means that this bit of promotion for Daisy will definitely reach a wider audience.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I like how they specify that Daisy's double-jump lets her jump higher and farther than the others. Everyone who said that this idea could lend itself well to Daisy having greater aerial mobility if she were in Smash, give yourselves a round of applause. ;)

Also, that enthusiastic "Here comes Daisy!" at the end of the trailer is great. So's the animation that goes with it. :laugh:

It's also worth pointing out that they mention that Remix 10 is playable prior to purchasing the full game. That's a really big deal, as it means that this bit of promotion for Daisy will definitely reach a wider audience.

I agree. For what is a small mobile game, this is a giant deal and great way of promoting Daisy. I hope this would lead to younger generations liking Daisy and becoming more curious of her other playable appearances. I'd never thought I would thank a mobile game for something like this.

Here's Daisy indeed.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Oh drat, I forgot we had a Switch forum and I posted the above video to the social which no one posted in for months. Ah well. Still good news though. Take what you can get, right?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh drat, I forgot we had a Switch forum and I posted the above video to the social which no one posted in for months. Ah well. Still good news though. Take what you can get, right?
Yep. This Switch forum was made quite some time ago. Yeah, we are all happy about Daisy in Super Mario Run.

And welcome back DangerAaron. How were you?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ok so remember my giant write-up on how Daisy could play in Smash?

Expect an update on that.
Cool. I'm guessing it will try including Daisy's gimmick from SMR?

I'll definitely look forward to that WCF.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Having a great deal more free time yet shockingly unavailable at the same time. Recovering from back surgery.
That's great, I hope you are doing well after that. Can only imagine how boring that would get.

New topic: How much you think that Super Mario Run effects Daisy as a whole. By a huge margin or just enough to be an Asset Trophy?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
New topic: How much you think that Super Mario Run effects Daisy as a whole. By a huge margin or just enough to be an Asset Trophy?
I think we'll need to wait and see the impact made by the update and the special offer on the full game's price before we can make any guesses about such things. ;)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I think we'll need to wait and see the impact made by the update and the special offer on the full game's price before we can make any guesses about such things. ;)
Makes sense.

It's kind of too early to see how big this impact will be for her.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
As far as I'm concerned, this is definitely a great step in the right direction; being in a game that hasn't anything to do with sports and parties. Even this single step goes a long way.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Daisy's addition to Super Mario Run has been featured in the UK Switch news-feed;

As you can see, they actually specifically refer to her as being the Princess of Sarasaland.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Daisy's addition to Super Mario Run has been featured in the UK Switch news-feed;

As you can see, they actually specifically refer to her as being the Princess of Sarasaland.
Yeah, Daisy always being referred to the Princess of Sarasaland has been on my mind as well when it comes to what games her eventual Smash moveset should take inspiration from
On one hand Super Mario Land is her debut game and the game that gets referred to in bios like this, but on the other hand we haven't seen anything of Sarasaland since Super Mario Land so references to it in her moveset will probably be quite obscure, whereas she's mostly known for her regular spin-off appearances.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's great, I hope you are doing well after that. Can only imagine how boring that would get.

Well if nothing else it saves from form the "completely and utterly replaced by Rosalina in the role of female 2" fate we were secretly dreading.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

I don't want to jump the gun yet, but I like to think that this is another key difference between Peach and Daisy, so for now i'll stick with that.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

More references to her kingdom is good. Now can we see if Nintendo will do anything with it?

As far as I'm concerned, this is definitely a great step in the right direction; being in a game that hasn't anything to do with sports and parties. Even this single step goes a long way.
True. We have a long time to wait and see if this will really make a big impact for her character.

I don't want to jump the gun yet, but I like to think that this is another key difference between Peach and Daisy, so for now i'll stick with that.
Yeah. It's be to really wait before we say it's a saving grace for her. But still a rather nice playable role Mario's first ever moble game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I know I once supported Daisy, and I believe I'd be glad to support her again.
I can't make up my mind on wether I want her to have an Olympics/Spinoff moveset, or a Mario Land based moveset... Or maybe a mix of both.

I think her Dsmash should be the same as Peach, but make it work like in Melee where it sucks the opponent in, rather than knock them away. But JUST that clone move, the rest should be entirely original... Ok, and maybe the floaty double jump, but hopefully somewhat different.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I can't make up my mind on wether I want her to have an Olympics/Spinoff moveset, or a Mario Land based moveset... Or maybe a mix of both.

I think her Dsmash should be the same as Peach, but make it work like in Melee where it sucks the opponent in, rather than knock them away. But JUST that clone move, the rest should be entirely original... Ok, and maybe the floaty double jump, but hopefully somewhat different.
Trust me mate, we are all mixed over how her moves should really go. Some wants SML for her nostalgic roots, others wants her to be that sporty fighter from her usual roles, and there are those that like a good mix. I'd say I am fine with any take.

And good idea, I do kind of miss that DSmash. Brining it back in some form for Daisy would be a great revival. Though you're right about her needing some original attacks to stand out as a character. That Double Jump looks great, though implementing it would be the real challenge. Or I can be fine with his different properties for her jumps.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Welcome back to the new and improved list. With that said, I've added you.

Honestly, I'm fine with whichever route they go with Daisy if they choose to make her mostly unique. Super Mario Land, sports games, anything that can make her feel like herself. I would be a happy camper to play as my favorite princess.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So in Smash would Daisy have a triple jump?
Not sure. We have enough characters with multiple jumps in Smash.

But I wouldn't fully object to her having a third jump honestly.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Same here. As long as Princess Daisy is NOT a clone of Princess Peach (and MAAAYBE has a more athletic-inspired moveset), I'm fine with whatever they go with for her.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The way Daisy's Super Mario Run Double Jump can be unique is if she was able to perform several Mario Run tricks from it, like jumping over the opponent's head in some kind of horizontal footstool.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The way Daisy's Super Mario Run Double Jump can be unique is if she was able to perform several Mario Run tricks from it, like jumping over the opponent's head in some kind of horizontal footstool.
That would be a cool idea. I don't mind her borrowing those aspects of the game.

Source: https://theskywaker.deviantart.com/art/Amiibo-Inkling-Concepts-Part-3-9-30-2017-707435462

I may not play Splatoon, but I cannot deny these designs look amazing and adorable! Wouldn't be a bad idea if Nintendo actually did this for Splatoon 2.
Oh look, more potential Amiibo usage that will likely not happen.

That least that would be more good use for the Daisy Amiibo. They all look cute.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I am always amazed at just how deep you dig to find cool stuff like this, nice job Andrea, I like.
xD Sometimes it is definitely hard to find good stuff like this in a place like DA, but it is always fun to take some time to look for these and share them with you all! Glad you enjoy it!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aw, I wish they were a real thing like the Gold Mega Rayquaza ones I had seen announced once. I don't have tweeter, but I wish you the best of luck getting that statue!
You have idea how hyped I'd be if the Statue was real. Reminds me of why Club Nintendo is far better than MyNintendo now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom