• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I love her Congratulations screen so much. It’s very colorful and great to see all 4 together. That’s goals for the next 3D Mario game

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Peach / Daisy is likely top 10 in the game.

https://youtu.be/MV0_5_uDFjg
That's a good match, good playing, gonna watch the rest. But it's too early to know who's top. Also, that match is against robin. I like robin so i wouldnt mind the character being high too :) but anyway, after we see other characters 'grinded' a lot too, we might have a better idea how they stack up.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We never know what's in the day one patch.

Remember that game devs are strange creatures who feel that a minor buff to one character MUST be balanced out by nerfing a mid tier character who got 4th in a tournament unexpectedly.

Though, did the shield damage of veggies get nerfed? I think it did.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
We never know what's in the day one patch.

Remember that game devs are strange creatures who feel that a minor buff to one character MUST be balanced out by nerfing a mid tier character who got 4th in a tournament unexpectedly.

Though, did the shield damage of veggies get nerfed? I think it did.
Call me a pessimist, but outside of removing Game & Watch's feather and fixing some bugs, I don't expect anything of the day one patch.

ε Epsilon ε

Smash Rookie
SmashWiki claims Daisy Bomber is faster... here we go again with the "looks like it but we ain't sure" stuff again

Teeb147

Smash Legend
SmashWiki claims Daisy Bomber is faster... here we go again with the "looks like it but we ain't sure" stuff again
Well, someone said they went frame by frame and it's something like 2 frames or less faster :p
Might need to be verified by more people, but if it's true it's a pretty small diffrence. Might be other small stuff tho :)

Here:
The comparison was made between the ground version of their side B, the startup is faster on Daisy but we are talking about one or two frames at best.
The video was x0,10 speed and the Bomber lasted 3:15 seconds for Daisy and 4:08 seconds for Peach not including ending lag so the difference is pretty small.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if training mode can be done on every stage or if it's the exclusive one only

If it works on all then the Tomodachi life stage will be useful for frame analysis

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I wonder if training mode can be done on every stage or if it's the exclusive one only

If it works on all then the Tomodachi life stage will be useful for frame analysis
As you may have guessed, you can. I have been trying as much as I can, but Daisy's playstyle just doesn't click with me, I'll still use her frequently, but having her as one of my mains is out of the question.

ε Epsilon ε

Smash Rookie
I saw some screenshots of a blushing Daisy floating around, are they edits or does she actually do so in the game? I'm sorry but I don't have a picture.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Its not faster.
Did you go frame by frame?

I also do feel like there's a very small difference between either their distance or the speed they move. on side-b Havent looked into detail tho.

I think it's safe to say that their differences, if any, are very small. So we can pretty much treat them the same. Still good enough personality differences tho :)

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Did you go frame by frame?

I also do feel like there's a very small difference between either their distance or the speed they move. on side-b Havent looked into detail tho.

I think it's safe to say that their differences, if any, are very small. So we can pretty much treat them the same. Still good enough personality differences tho :)
Yes, its the exact same.

Slip33

Smash Cadet
I think between Peach and Daisy, Daisy is meant to be the more beautiful one/fairer of the two. I mean Peach obviously have beauty, but Daisy have even more so.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So it seems Daisy and Dark Samus are mostly animations tweaks but said tweaks have some minor gameplay differences.

Richter on the other hand has only one gameplay difference, that his Holy Water doesn't deal fire damage. Only really useful in certain match-ups.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
So it seems Daisy and Dark Samus are mostly animations tweaks but said tweaks have some minor gameplay differences.

Richter on the other hand has only one gameplay difference, that his Holy Water doesn't deal fire damage. Only really useful in certain match-ups.
Even Dark Pit has more differences in Smash 4. That sucks

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping Daisy would at least be a little faster, but perhaps some lower damage values to compensate.

My dream would be for Peach's Melee moveset to come back, especially Up Air, Up Tilt, and Dash Attack, perhaps the power from Up Smash going to Down Smash and vice versa to make it a bit more interesting, same with Back and Forward Air, different "super-rare" items for Down B, triple jump instead of float, blah blah blah, wish-fulfillment. I wouldn't expect these to happen with any Echo at all, for balance purposes. It'd make it too much like a Villager -> Isabelle sorta situation. :)

It's just a little disappointing, especially since her (and Peach's) moveset just does not click with me. I'm keeping her as my Ultimate Main because I'm incredibly happy she got in, but... Man, it's great, but not as great as I expected now that I have the game.

Last edited:

Slip33

Smash Cadet
Not to complain....I really like Peach and especially Daisy's dress in this, but I really think the should of had the white petticoat/underskirt to go with/ under it. Missed opportunity here. If you look at all the Disney Princesses/Gowns, it's like it's mandatory that their gowns have one, and I can see why. It gives their dresses and overall complete and full feeling.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Ugh, I'm having so much fun playing as Daisy.. While I don't own a Switch yet, I've been playing at my college with friends.

i'm still so grateful my favorite character is in. Besides, if Nintendo confirmed her as a Peach clone themselves then.. I just had to embrace it! After all I did want Daisy as an alt model swap back in Smash 4 days. This beats a color swap by a long shot.

Tbh I don't focus much on the DLC nowadays since I feel complete lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they'll introduce some differences through patches down the line.

Unlikely but it's a possibility.

Slip33

Smash Cadet
In reply to washyrose670.....of course it subjective, but according to Nintendo I think Daisy is meant to be the more beautiful of the two. In Mario Party 3 Story Mode you battle her for the beauty stamp. And looking at the two, her dress seems to be a more fancier version of Peach's, both the old and new design. She(Daisy) is also flower theme. Peach is obviously pretty, but I don't think she is meant to the best in this regards.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
In reply to washyrose670.....of course it subjective, but according to Nintendo I think Daisy is meant to be the more beautiful of the two. In Mario Party 3 Story Mode you battle her for the beauty stamp. And looking at the two, her dress seems to be a more fancier version of Peach's, both the old and new design. She(Daisy) is also flower theme. Peach is obviously pretty, but I don't think she is meant to the best in this regards.
Daisy is the tomboy of the two. Peach is usually considered the pretty pretty princess. Personally I do think that Daisy's dresses are better than peach's, but there's definitely not an intention to make her prettier, it's probably just because they wanted to make her stand out since the two play identically.

Also, it's pretty pointless to debate about beauty, especially in cases like this. Enjoy whoever you like :)

Slip33

Smash Cadet
^Daisy may be a tomboy, but I think it's pretty clear that she's suppose to be quite the looker. She's also theme around flowers, flower ear rings, flower broach and flower aesthetics. Her hair may be shorter, but it's stylized. I agree it's pointless to debate, even though I feel one has the edge over the other here. Some people I talk to don't seem to care for her hair style so......

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
^Daisy may be a tomboy, but I think it's pretty clear that she's suppose to be quite the looker. She's also theme around flowers, flower ear rings, flower broach and flower aesthetics. Her hair may be shorter, but it's stylized. I agree it's pointless to debate, even though I feel one has the edge over the other here. Some people I talk to don't seem to care for her hair style so......
That's why it's subjective. Most people would say peach is designed to be more girly and beautiful, but it's more of a facade of sorts, with the high pitched voice typically more of a front of beauty. Daisy is a bit more herself even if it's on a rougher level. Just like flowers are naturally beautiful, she doesnt have to force an act, and that itself can be beautiful, but a lot of stuff, like for models puts beauty in a limelight (to have no flaws), and that aligns with peach more. If they did intentionally give daisy more prettiness, I would say it would be to balance things out or to put her up to be as beautiful as peach, even though she doesn't need it. It's only because of the typical look on beauty that they might try that in order to compensate, since personally I'd find daisy more beautiful in one sense anyway, but I still see peach as more beautiful in an objective way.

Sorry for the shpiel, lol. But yeah, I think if they did anything it'd be to compensate, not to try to make her 'more so than' peach. Even though I personally dont think it was needed, I freakin love her new dresses :).

Last edited:

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I would agree if Daisy still had her Mario Party 3 design and personality... but her design change and her personality being more and more defined as time goes on I feel like that title no longer fits her. In fact, I feel like this is one thing a lot of Daisy fans like about her... the idea that she doesn't care about being beautiful as much as a character like Peach. Personally for me Peach is more beautiful because she exemplifies it in her personality, she's much more delicate and sensitive I guess... I mean, there's not too much to go on on a series like Mario when there is no deep lore (unless you count the RPG games... which Daisy has nothing to pull from so a comparison would still be useless there)... anyway for me the prettier princess is Peach, the princess I prefer is Peach, and I like Daisy but one thing I hate about her inclusion is the Peach VS Daisy wars she always inevitably brings, I'm kind of tired of seeing people put Peach down in favor of Daisy... I think they're both fun, but I guess I'm no better since my 2 cents here basically sums up to "I like Peach better than Daisy and find her prettier"... but I mean... I'm not a tomboy, I find Peach to be far more relatable so this narrative that Daisy is somehow more genuine or more realistic never resonates with me at all and I see it often... not that that's what you're arguing at all, I'm just throwing my thoughts on the comparisons out there.

Slip33

Smash Cadet
^ Yeah, Daisy may not care for being beautiful as much, but it still may matter a great deal to her. Especially in the Mario Party Series, starting with 4, and her new design. She strikes that pose(don't know what it's called) when she wins a mini-game. Obviously meant to show off her look. In Mario Kart Double Dash
instruction guide , she describe as being so cute that she's become something of an idol. Her dresses seems to be a little more frilly(and even more so in this game) than Peach's. I think Peach is more concern with being graceful, elegant and kind/nice than being pretty herself. Yes, being pretty matters a lot, but the formers traits matter more. Regarding Peach vs Daisy: I think a lot of people see Peach as weak, stereotyped and her personality to be too bland. Even some Peach fans seems to find her kinda bland personality wise. She's also seen as a bad role model by many. Daisy has become a more unique character than Peach, and she's never depicted as being weak. However, people may relate with Peach more.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
^ Yeah, Daisy may not care for being beautiful as much, but it still may matter a great deal to her. Especially in the Mario Party Series, starting with 4, and her new design. She strikes that pose(don't know what it's called) when she wins a mini-game. Obviously meant to show off her look. In Mario Kart Double Dash
instruction guide , she describe as being so cute that she's become something of an idol. Her dresses seems to be a little more frilly(and even more so in this game) than Peach's. I think Peach is more concern with being graceful, elegant and kind/nice than being pretty herself. Yes, being pretty matters a lot, but the formers traits matter more. Regarding Peach vs Daisy: I think a lot of people see Peach as weak, stereotyped and her personality to be too bland. Even some Peach fans seems to find her kinda bland personality wise. She's also seen as a bad role model by many. Daisy has become a more unique character than Peach, and she's never depicted as being weak. However, people may relate with Peach more.
Funny, I happen to know more people that relate or at the very least like Daisy than Peach, although it doesn't make what you said less true.

ε Epsilon ε

Smash Rookie
I think Peach is meant to look prettier, with her thick, pink lips, curved lashes, thin eyebrows and long blonde hair. On the other hand, Daisy seems to be intentionally designed to be more on the youthful, cute, natural-beauty side. Her eyebrows are thicker, her nose is rounder, her features are not chiseled in general, her lips are thin and have a natural color. Peach is also more graceful and reserved, as seen from her general poses and movements. Daisy, though, has more spontaneous, "free" movements. She doesn't hold her dress when she runs, doesn't fix her hair when idling, etc. I think Peach is supposed to be more... artificial, but in a good sense, you know. Anyway, both princesses have their own unique qualities, which I adore, because they never outweigh each other!

Slip33

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I know a few people who prefer Daisy too. She's the one with personality and she wasn't designed to use that Blonde Haired, Blue Eyed and Pink Princess niche. And still look very good with out it! People find Peach too girly and sweet. I don't know, you might get the impression that tomboys are preferred over girls that aren't(in this case).

Last edited:

shammah121

Smash Cadet
Okay I don't know if this really ties in with the conversation, but this is basically my opinion on the princesses.

I have always seen Peach as elegant and Daisy as cutesy. I feel like when it comes to the main games the way royalty is defined with Peach is done in a very elegant and "beautiful" way. The way Peach's castle is designed or the way Peach makes an entrance in Mario Tennis Aces is done in a elegant way. The word "Princess" is really kept in mind when it comes to Peach. Being a princess is very important to Peach which is why she's reserved so she can be lady like. With Daisy I feel like royalty has been defined with riches. If we ever saw Daisy's castle, it would be a MANSION more so than a castle. I've always liked Daisy because even though she's tomboyish she still has interest in things that are defined as "girly". Because Royalty doesn't seem to be a very important aspect of Daisy, I feel like her personality stands out more because she doesn't want to be lady like but rather have fun or be competitive, which is where the "tomboy" label comes in . The way Daisy spins around or the way she throws up peace signs is done in a very cute fashion. Because she isn't reserved like Peach is, she doesn't contain her composure when it comes to winning a game or loosing.

I feel like Peach is dismissed because her personality isn't as "obvious" as Daisy's; I feel like Daisy's dismissed because she can come off as obnoxious because she's so expressionate. I like both of them!

Also, just a note, I feel that Smash makes Peach "Sassy" in a way and doesn't show her reserved side well.

Top Bottom