• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I can't see much of a difference to be honest but maybe it's just my bad eye.
I dont see any difference either. I have tried counting the frames of Daisy's turnip pull animation but it was impossible because of the letters 'Hyrule Castle' literally blocking her. After counting from the frame of which I believed to be her start-up (she starts ducking at point, presumably that was the start of her turnip pull animation), I'm pretty sure the total animation was still around 42 frames, which is the same as Peach's in Smash4. If you compare the video, both Peach and Daisy initiate Peach Bomber on the same timing, which is right after catching the turnip. It suggests to me the end lag is the same. I think people just believe it's faster because they see less of Daisy's animation since she is blocked by the 'Hyrule Castle' stage title.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Oh ok. I guess it's just my eyes then... lol

I really am excited for the Direct in an hour. I want to see her Final Smash, her alt colors, and the Story mode!!

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
Welp, she has float and the same Final Smash as Peach. Confirmed in Treehouse. Also she has kinda lame voiceclips aside from her entrance. not gonna lie im a little dissapointed right now :(

Edit: I just realized that she always uses the golf club when she uses her side smash. At least that's a confirmed difference

Last edited:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Back air has a flowery explosion like side B. That's new. Guess that's the tradeoff for Peach's Forward aerial having more range.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Welp, she has float and the same Final Smash as Peach. Confirmed in Treehouse. Also she has kinda lame voiceclips aside from her entrance. not gonna lie im a little dissapointed right now :(

Edit: I just realized that she always uses the golf club when she uses her side smash. At least that's a confirmed difference
The Final Smash is a bit disappointing, but the 2D art really nailed Daisy’s appearance especially with her bare lips (sounds weird but I have this nitpick where I hate when they inconsistently give her lipstick
in new games when she used to not have it).

Anyways I think her voice clips are a bit lame too. But I love the “YEAH!” during side smash and the “OWowch!” when she died. Other than that they chose some calm ones. Was hoping for a more obnoxious set.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
The Final Smash is a bit disappointing, but the 2D art really nailed Daisy’s appearance especially with her bare lips (sounds weird but I have this nitpick where I hate when they inconsistently give her lipstick
in new games when she used to not have it).

Anyways I think her voice clips are a bit lame too. But I love the “YEAH!” during side smash and the “OWowch!” when she died. Other than that they chose some calm ones. Was hoping for a more obnoxious set.
I get that Nintendo was to tone her down a little (even Mario Party 8 Daisy's quotes were obnoxious to me) but Daisy has tons of fun clips that are fun without being obnoxious, but I guess they wanted to play safe. At least they nailed her entrance, and her death sounds are good as well, but she needs a little bit more of spice you know? And that spice should have been louder clips in my opinion :(

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I get that Nintendo was to tone her down a little (even Mario Party 8 Daisy's quotes were obnoxious to me) but Daisy has tons of fun clips that are fun without being obnoxious, but I guess they wanted to play safe. At least they nailed her entrance, and her death sounds are good as well, but she needs a little bit more of spice you know? And that spice should have been louder clips in my opinion :(
Exactly. And just to clarify i meant obnoxious in a good way lol. She definitely should’ve been louder. MP 8 and 9 has perfect ones for her.

I think she also has a new run animation. She doesn't hold the dress like Peach and it's more like Zelda's. Also bair has a magic effect similar to Daisy Bomber.
Run is the same

Almand

Smash Journeyman
She's fine, but like... They could've done a lot more. The Final Smash, especially, was really disappointing to me.

But hey, she's in! And that's what I wanted, so I can't complain too much. I wasn't able to see for sure, but she might be faster. I hope she is, and now that we know it's possible because of Ken, it's not super unbelievable.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Now that all Echoes are confirmed, I think it's time to appreciate how lucky Daisy was to get in over other choices that didn't make it.
She might not have the moveset of our dreams, but she's here and she's 100% Daisy

It's been an honor to fill multiple Daisy threads, be it social groups or speculation threads with our banter, movesets and general chitchat about our favorite spunky, sassy and sometimes sexy princess of Sarasaland.

I'm happy with the journey I made throughout Smash speculation and I'm thankful for the home that the Daisy thread provided me with over the years.
Is this goodbye? It might be. I'm not the ever-energetic Nabbit rookie I once was and looking out over the horizon, I seriously doubt my place is to go headfirst into another round of speculation.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Now that all Echoes are confirmed, I think it's time to appreciate how lucky Daisy was to get in over other choices that didn't make it.
She might not have the moveset of our dreams, but she's here and she's 100% Daisy

It's been an honor to fill multiple Daisy threads, be it social groups or speculation threads with our banter, movesets and general chitchat about our favorite spunky, sassy and sometimes sexy princess of Sarasaland.

I'm happy with the journey I made throughout Smash speculation and I'm thankful for the home that the Daisy thread provided me with over the years.
Is this goodbye? It might be. I'm not the ever-energetic Nabbit rookie I once was and looking out over the horizon, I seriously doubt my place is to go headfirst into another round of speculation.
I do think she’s lucky. Being one of the few echo fighters and one of the two only Mario newcomers.

She got in over Dixie as well!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Since I do feel this as a goodbye of some sort, I want to thank everybody that came along for this ride.

First and foremost I want to thank Azure and Aussie, who are no longer on SmashBoards but have been pulling this thread forever. I'm honored that I can consider these wonderful people as my friends and I will always be thankful of the internet for letting me cross paths with them.

Then I want to thank speculators that have made Daisy the quintessential moveset machine. I want to thank Luminario Luminario and Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 for their immensly gifted bright minds that have sprouted some of the best and cleverest ideas, both in speculation and outside of that.

I want to thank StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 and Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin for being great friends to everyone. They made sure this thread was always full of life and there's truly never a dull moment wherever they spread their passion and love.

I want to thank Dandelionel Dandelionel and DaisyandRosalina DaisyandRosalina who have shown amazing passion towards Daisy and her portrayal. Their passion is again admireable, and they'll always fight for what they believe in.

I want to thank Almand Almand who has kept discussion grounded post-speculation. Your notes were a breath of fresh air and please never stop being your opinionated self

I want to thank everyone, who has made this support thread and its previous incarnations one of the most bonker balls, fun and insightful in all of speculation.
If I forgot you, be sure to tag me. I'm sure your posts have gotten this place to where it is now and I will remember you

Long live the princess

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Since I do feel this as a goodbye of some sort, I want to thank everybody that came along for this ride.

First and foremost I want to thank Azure and Aussie, who are no longer on SmashBoards but have been pulling this thread forever. I'm honored that I can consider these wonderful people as my friends and I will always be thankful of the internet for letting me cross paths with them.

Then I want to thank speculators that have made Daisy the quintessential moveset machine. I want to thank Luminario Luminario and Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 for their immensly gifted bright minds that have sprouted some of the best and cleverest ideas, both in speculation and outside of that.

I want to thank StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 and Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin for being great friends to everyone. They made sure this thread was always full of life and there's truly never a dull moment wherever they spread their passion and love.

I want to thank Dandelionel Dandelionel and DaisyandRosalina DaisyandRosalina who have shown amazing passion towards Daisy and her portrayal. Their passion is again admireable, and they'll always fight for what they believe in.

I want to thank Almand Almand who has kept discussion grounded post-speculation. Your notes were a breath of fresh air and please never stop being your opinionated self

I want to thank everyone, who has made this support thread and its previous incarnations one of the most bonker balls, fun and insightful in all of speculation.
If I forgot you, be sure to tag me. I'm sure your posts have gotten this place to where it is now and I will remember you

Long live the princess
Aw this was very awesome and sweet. I’m glad our favorite character made it into Smash.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So like I never thought Daisy would make it in but since I main her in Mario Party and Tennis, I'm hyped for her :3 I heard someone say that im the treehouse they confirmed she was a faster faller and faster in general compared to Peach.
Any confirmation on that?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Long live the princess
Thank you for the kind words and good luck.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Peach honestly looks less finished than Daisy... I feel like they even showed Daisy off more than Peach. And what we have seen of Peach is a little weird, like that parasol.

It just strikes me as... Odd. The Echo is more finished than the Original, but why? Wouldn't the moves just be ported from Smash 4? I dunno, but it just strikes me as strange.
It takes time to figure out how to make her the best character in the game without making her over powered or free.

Almand

Smash Journeyman

Long live the princess
It's honestly surreal to see that I was deemed alive enough in this thread to warrant a mention. Thanks, man! Really made me feel special. ^_^

And, of course, thanks to everyone else for being so cool about Daisy in Smash, all the lively chat about her, all the speculation, all the raging and ranting mixed with the SURGE of ecstatic happiness 30 seconds after we heard her voice for the first time a few months ago. She's in, boys! Maybe not in the way we all wanted, but hey, she got in over a certain purple antagonist, and that's saying a lot.

I'm currently working on a little frame data/damage compilation, which is gonna be a separate thread. I joined this website to do that for Pac-Man, so might as well do it for the best Princess, too! Expect that in the next week or so, depending on my motivation for it.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I think she also has a new run animation. She doesn't hold the dress like Peach and it's more like Zelda's. Also bair has a magic effect similar to Daisy Bomber.
Actually yeah she has a new run! Sports outfit alt possible?

For anyone wondering, she does it after she does Daisy Blosdom the second time.

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice

Long live the princess
Thank you for your wise words, our journey was painful sometimes due to all the years of waiting but true, we are all winners now! Good luck for everything.

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
Looks like her FS dance is also the same as Peach's. At least it looks pretty..

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
UHHH, In the fight with Isabelle, is Daisy's D-Tilt hella fast? Or am I on crack?

Hopefully it hasnt sacrificed hitstun and stuff.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Daisy down smash has much more range than peach trash 4 down smash and the important part some end lag taken off doesnt look like too much though

Bair now has a disjoint and has a butt load of end lag shaved off of it from trash4 peach back air. I saw that double bair mash from nate and how soon it ended if that was tr4sh that would have been only 1 bair.

Jab looks better this time with yet again... another obvious lag reduction but is still looking very unsafe on shield.

Nair is what I really would like to know more about. In tr4sh peach's nair really annoyed me cause of how it got nerfed in hitbox size and that the hitbox barely stays out long unlike Melee and brawl.

Dair still looks like the main pressuring tool. Dont know if there are any other changes though. It better still be positive on shield.

Dtilt is going to be a good move now that people cannot tech it anymore. and that it LOOKS faster. In tr4sh the problem with peach's dtilt was the start up and the teching that ur opponents could do to it.

And we already know of fair's landing lag reduction

At least it looks like buffs now for our princesses. Because if you played brawl and played Smash 4 Peach at a competitive level than you know damn well that the only buff peach got in Smash 4 was Forward Air power but the Nerf to it killed it would that auto cancel window being nerfed.

It was straight up an onslaught of nerfs to peach from brawl to smash 4.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
She's fine, but like... They could've done a lot more. The Final Smash, especially, was really disappointing to me.

But hey, she's in! And that's what I wanted, so I can't complain too much. I wasn't able to see for sure, but she might be faster. I hope she is, and now that we know it's possible because of Ken, it's not super unbelievable.
That's exactly how I feel about her after seeing a full match in motion.

I was one of the biggest Daisy voices in Smash 4 speculation here, and it never actually felt like she would get in. Then she's announced at E3 and I lost my ****. I haven't been in the Daisy thread for awhile because I wanted to wait until we had actual gameplay footage to look at and discern, but now that I've seen it...

I think she looks great. Aesthetically. I enjoy the voice clips, though, if I'm not mistaken, they might actually be ripped from Mario Kart 8? And they really did treat her with care in how they reanimated in so many tiny but very noticeable ways. I'm happy she's in, and I intend on playing her. But I don't like Peach's kit. I don't like relying on random chance for her turnips-- and I saw somewhere before that apparent Peach's FSmash is random again, so if Daisy's is too, ugh-- and I've never committed real time to learning how to use her float. I've been trying over the last month in Smash 4, but... I just... don't... like it.

I'm going to try, because I feel almost an obligation to main the character I've been campaigning for since Brawl. But it's bittersweet because, on day one at least, I'm probably going to find a bunch of other characters more fun to play.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
That's exactly how I feel about her after seeing a full match in motion.

I was one of the biggest Daisy voices in Smash 4 speculation here, and it never actually felt like she would get in. Then she's announced at E3 and I lost my ****. I haven't been in the Daisy thread for awhile because I wanted to wait until we had actual gameplay footage to look at and discern, but now that I've seen it...

I think she looks great. Aesthetically. I enjoy the voice clips, though, if I'm not mistaken, they might actually be ripped from Mario Kart 8? And they really did treat her with care in how they reanimated in so many tiny but very noticeable ways. I'm happy she's in, and I intend on playing her. But I don't like Peach's kit. I don't like relying on random chance for her turnips-- and I saw somewhere before that apparent Peach's FSmash is random again, so if Daisy's is too, ugh-- and I've never committed real time to learning how to use her float. I've been trying over the last month in Smash 4, but... I just... don't... like it.

I'm going to try, because I feel almost an obligation to main the character I've been campaigning for since Brawl. But it's bittersweet because, on day one at least, I'm probably going to find a bunch of other characters more fun to play.
If it makes you feel better, Daisy's coward smash is not in fact random, she can only use the golf club. Peach still keeps her randomness though

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If it makes you feel better, Daisy's coward smash is not in fact random, she can only use the golf club. Peach still keeps her randomness though
This actually makes me extremely happy.

Bonus points for the many, many hours I spent on Mario Gold World Tour.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
At least it looks like buffs now for our princesses. Because if you played brawl and played Smash 4 Peach at a competitive level than you know damn well that the only buff peach got in Smash 4 was Forward Air power but the Nerf to it killed it would that auto elwindow being nerfed.

It was straight up an onslaught of nerfs to peach from brawl to smash 4.
Sorry, but have you played Brawl competitively? Peach is in a much better position in Smash4, where she's considered a solid high tier, than in Brawl where she was more around top of mid, MAYBE bottom of high. If Ultimate Peach/Daisy are as good as Peach is in Smash4 relative to the rest of the cast, which is a high tier character, we will have a good time.

Every character got their frame data nerfed from Brawl to Smash4. Similarly every character is getting their frame data buffed in Ultimate.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Has the frying pan been confirmed yet?
It hasnt made an appearance in any trailers up to this point so Im curious to know.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
CONFIRMED: Peach's and Daisy's Fsmash are the same and both can be angled for Pan/Club/Racket

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Long live the princess
Can't forget Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 and Freduardo Freduardo who have kept these threads dynamic with dillemmas, projects and their vast knowledge of the Nintendo world

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

I really feel the same, while seeing echoes like Chrom, Dark Samus and Ken made me they'd done more with her, I am happy she got in at all.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I really feel the same, while seeing echoes like Chrom, Dark Samus and Ken made me they'd done more with her, I am happy she got in at all.
Actually Dark Samus seems to be only aesthetically different for the most part as well. Even her float-roll has the same amount of frames; it's just a different animation.

Also, is it just me or is Daisy's voice when she says "Aoww!" new?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Actually Dark Samus seems to be only aesthetically different for the most part as well. Even her float-roll has the same amount of frames; it's just a different animation.

Also, is it just me or is Daisy's voice when she says "Aoww!" new?
I think that one comes from Double Dash.

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
Why did they change Daisy's run animation from Peach's, but not her walking? How random.

Top Bottom