• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
@Dryn - Not bad. Can't say I'm a big fan of the android-esque and first PED, but the Spore Spawn and 2nd PED are both amazing. Since we're looking at DA

http://red3183.deviantart.com/art/Bronze-Samus-129432102

No comment other than too good needed.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh191/Mikel_2/TheSandsofMaridia.png

Maridia was my most hated level and became my favorite somehow. <3'd this pic.

@Cherry - Much appreciated.

@Everyone - Meta Knight is so misunderstood. :< Also, I'm just gonna keep not commenting and loling at all the other stuff.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
have you not fought snakes that hit you with nades and u-tilts that SHOULDNT have hit you? thats called disjointed hit box. .
read my post again, I know what one is, I was just thinking that you said "all of Snake's moves (utilt)" and that was funny to me - utilt is of course one of snake's best kill/melee moves

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
read my post again, I know what one is, I was just thinking that you said "all of Snake's moves (utilt)" and that was funny to me - utilt is of course one of snake's best kill/melee moves
ohhhhh ok i see. i can see how that sentence looked wierd. my fault. i apologize

Xyro77

i cant wait for OTHER M to come out. i keep thinking about it all the time.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I like how Samus' helmet looks. And we finally see that black interior that the armor covers. I wonder what kind of material that is made out of. The image below is what I have for my desktop.

Jasona

Smash Ace
lots of combos today. long, short and plenty of uniques. unfortunately, 2 of the combos are 4+ hits, but do less than 10% damage. they look pretty, but totally suck for everything but moving the opponent across the stage. i want to combo into a death move or a charge blast. samus is so weak at this point
i'll go through the footage next weekend, pull out the combos and put them in a vid. it won't be a pretty combo vid, but it should be enough to let me restart the samus forums combo vid thread. i suck at making vids and could use the help of some creative people to organize the clips and add some spiffy music. presentation isn't my forte
i think i got a 0% kill with an up+b, under the stage, bounce spike... for the match

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Hay guise I'm in Samus xat all alone olololol

Seriously, though, someone help me revive this thing before it becomes Anna Nicole Smith. 3:

Xyro77

This movie brings back sooooo many childhood memories! The music was great. There was action around each turn. Romance. Funny *** jokes/one liners. POPULAR actors like robin williams, phill colins, julia roberts, Denis Hoffman, Maggie Smith and more!

Do any of you remember this movie?

Hive

Smash Lord
yuck I hate robin williams as an actor. ^^

But Hook was kwl, Rufio was pretty much the best character. :)

so random lol

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Why do you people play samus? After a year of brawl, id assume you realize the obvious limitations she has. A major issue, in itself, is....

Brawls current metagame is centralized around the brokenness of the shield. The best characters, in large, can abuse the shield. Whether shield grabbing>chain grabs, or over powered tilts OoS... shielding is a great option for them. Samus cant really abuse her shield, or cover up that weakness by having a great sheild pressure game. In fact, most samus' choose to jump, and eliminate the option of shielding altogether....

So why play samus? Fan of the series? No intentions of winning? Dont play competitively?

Just a general question. Im interested in hearing answers.

Xyro77

Why do you people play samus? After a year of brawl, id assume you realize the obvious limitations she has. A major issue, in itself, is....

Brawls current metagame is centralized around the brokenness of the shield. The best characters, in large, can abuse the shield. Whether shield grabbing>chain grabs, or over powered tilts OoS... shielding is a great option for them. Samus cant really abuse her shield, or cover up that weakness by having a great sheild pressure game. In fact, most samus' choose to jump, and eliminate the option of shielding altogether....

So why play samus? Fan of the series? No intentions of winning? Dont play competitively?

Just a general question. Im interested in hearing answers.
Since day one i wanted to prove a LOW TIER can hang with the rest of the upper class of characters. By my tournament results and by the people i have beaten i am proving that at each event. I would LIKE to win but its not my goal. I like the metroid series, but i HATE the first 2 games and the fusion game.

EDIT: now that i think about it more, samus is more of a relax/sit-and-wait character and i like that. It compliments what brawl is at its core(spam/camping/defensive).

Hive

Smash Lord
I liked the games really at first, she was my favorite video game character and still is, but now the more I play I'm also very attatched to her playstyle, look and the fact that no one really plays her. Its fun to introduce something new to the game, and its fun to change peoples expectations of what they think a character or player is capable of. Its also neat to try to compete to be the best with a character. :)

Obviously not many people think similarly since there are very few tourney samuses, but still... despite her obstacles I just LOVE her as a character ^^

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I can agree a lot with what Xyro said about Samus Aran. Samus has always been my favorite video game character. Note, I said "video game," as opposed to "Nintendo." This means that no other character is out there that I like. And I'm not the kind of person who cares too much about tiers. I have always played as Samus. In Super Smash Bros. I played as Samus, because I didn't see a new Metroid game coming out for the N64, while every other character was getting a game of their own. In Melee, Samus was the first character I played as, and I wasn't aware of any tournaments going on. I didn't choose Samus because she was a mid-tier. And of course, I main Samus in Brawl. This just shows that I only play as Samus, because she's my favorite. She could be the worst in the game, and I would still main her.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Because playing her has a taste of finesse to it. The only other character I can think of who has that is Sheik (which I also use just as equally.)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Because I like her pink suit. I just like how she looks and her playstyle attracts me a lot. basically it Carter :)

Jasona

Smash Ace
i've been replaying the underdog theme song repeatedly whilst thinking about how i'm gonna pummel undr this weekend. i'll put that song in my first footage vid

i play samus because she is amazing. combos all over the place, she is fast, has great range and is tricky. i lose because i suck, its not samus's fault. don't blame the girl

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
She's my best character.

She's the best character in the game.

I win with her easiest, even when I play competitively. /specific answers

I <3 Metroid.

I decided it before the game was released. Chose her to be my fav over Dedede, though I still use everyone.

I disagree with all most of you.

I can't let a certain someone down. /personal reason

She's my favorite character period.

A bunch of other stuff I don't need to list in any other way other than this sentence.

Why not play Samus?

Srsly

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Just sayin', Up-B OoS is pretty good.
Still, that was some actually good criticism of the character...I expected a troll post. Samus is my casual character, she is the most fun for me to play, but I don't really care about winning with her. I just love all her tricks, mainly Down-B>Grab or attack and lagless missile follow-ups.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey guys, I just did random testing with Samus, and from what I can tell, attacks that do 17% upwards in a single hit outprioritize the fully charged shot. Stuff like Ganon's F-air and Link's D-air can snuff it, which looks quite amusing.

Kinda matters to know that before you fire at someone charging a Smash, particularly if it's G&W. Just wondering if you guys knew.

Top Bottom