• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hahaha, sounds good, Loove the sig lmao.
I'd be up for some char board profiles. samus' will be the shortest.

TOTALLY forgot to mention. Found out today that Samus can Jab lock donkey kong from his UpB.

if he dones't grab ledge you can jab lock the monkey by simply doing a falling D air once his attack frames are up, it'll pummled him to the ground where he'll bounce, as D air autocancels you will be ready no matter what, takes practice but it works. NEW AT OMGOMGOMGOMG

tha_carter

Smash Ace
AHAHAAH, bombs vs nado. You guys make my heart smile.

Where is the said link "Hyping up SNES".....

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Guys remember to vote "yes" in the Metaknight poll if you havent already
I hate you and everyone that agreed. Except maybe Serris.
AHAHAAH, bombs vs nado. You guys make my heart smile.
<3

sadface, I don't have a camera to get a picture for the profile thingy.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Nah, IsmaR just hates people that don't think for themselves. I find marth harder and faster than any meta I've played. I voted no, Every char can be beaten and tourniments can still select to ban him regardless, there's no point in EVERYWERE banning him as a whole, just host some meta banned tournis, Like what Xyro does.

Bimz

Smash Cadet
Nah, IsmaR just hates people that don't think for themselves. I find marth harder and faster than any meta I've played. I voted no, Every char can be beaten and tourniments can still select to ban him regardless, there's no point in EVERYWERE banning him as a whole, just host some meta banned tournis, Like what Xyro does.
I really dont wanna drive/fly to texas just to play in a tourny no offense.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

I am such a nerd.

In other news, my friend Matt is here, and will be for two weeks. You can expect some srs bzns Samus VS. Marth and Samus VS. Falco videos.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
then Bimz, make another tourniment banning meta, Xyro should not be the ONLY one doing it.

and yes, we know we are, dun rub it in :(

Good luck Serris. both of thems are hard match ups lol

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
how bout we ban meta, and you can host tournaments that include him

Because most people can get over it :p I've heard good arguements for both sides but decided to go with anti-ban. either way it prolly wont' affect too much, it'll only become SBR rule set and jsut look at some of the outcasts already. Xyro hosts non ruleset tournaments that are very successful. He's one of many

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I hope you don't mind playing a whole lotta mk dittos then
Not really. And there are worse things than MK dittos.
Nah, IsmaR just hates people that don't think for themselves.
While that is true, that's not why I said it in this case. lrn2undurst&me&reeddissentense

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Not really. And there are worse things than MK dittos.

While that is true, that's not why I said it in this case. lrn2undurst&me&reeddissentense
I'd rather not :p so much easier this way haha.

saying that implies you don't hate playing Teh MKzzz

New Topicc, IF meta gets Banned, how far up do you think samus will go? tourni viable? because she still has horrid match ups, but I can without a doubt say it'll make it easier,

/Discuss!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'd rather not :p so much easier this way haha.

saying that implies you don't hate playing Teh MKzzz

New Topicc, IF meta gets Banned, how far up do you think samus will go? tourni viable? because she still has horrid match ups, but I can without a doubt say it'll make it easier,

/Discuss!
As a TO who has banned metaknight at 2 tournies so far(this weekend marks the PERMA BAN for metaknight) i can tell you its a LITTLER easier in way and its a little harder in ways.

More people pick who they LIKE now that meta is gone: link sonic pkmn mario peach....ect

However more people can now CP you because meta is gone: falco marth snake ddd olimar

HOBO17 is this saturday!!!!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7995794
LIVE STREAM and TWITTER will be avalible for this event. If you wanna see me on live stream, request it!!!!

Bimz

Smash Cadet
He wont get banned

..but if he did maybe you'd see more of the fat characters getting picked up like snake rob dk and by far her easiest matchup-- DDD.

:015:
troll, troll, troll your boat...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Bimz finally gets it. Dedede is only her 5th easiest, though.

Anyway, it was nice knowing you guys. I'm officially poor now, so no more Internetz or Bawrlz for quite a while. I leave you with a classic *sigh*
<3

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Bimz finally gets it. Dedede is only her 5th easiest, though.

Anyway, it was nice knowing you guys. I'm officially poor now, so no more Internetz or Bawrlz for quite a while. I leave you with a classic *sigh*
<3
I work two jobs :( and two jobs ain't funz man, but it lets me survive so it's all good I guess, how did you become poor child amoungst us?

Jasona

Smash Ace
played undr again today. good stuff. he got the replay code to work and we recorded most of the matches. i 0% killed him with an up+b under the stage for his last stock. plus i got several crazy new combos. can't wait until he transfers the matches over to his comp through a capture device. i want to return to working on my combo vid. samus has some crazy amazing combos and i don't see many in other samus vids
undr still pwns me overall. just like in melee, mindgames are her strength and i'm too relentless/reckless to think strategically. probably why i still play this game. it always reminds me of how lazy minded i am and how much i need to learn not to be. i know i could beat undr consistently if i just planned and thought out what i needed to do
i love this game. especially with samus, she is such a beast!

Xyro77

Just to let you guys know, ive picked up snake as a 2nd. Texas is getting to the point where they just want to be a cheap as possible. Im tired of it and i aint dealing with it anymore. Im supposed to enjoy smash not have to get pissed each match. In melee this crap never happened.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Just to let you guys know, ive picked up snake as a 2nd. Texas is getting to the point where they just want to be a cheap as possible. Im tired of it and i aint dealing with it anymore. Im supposed to enjoy smash not have to get pissed each match. In melee this crap never happened.
Just to let you guys know, ive picked up snake as a 2nd.
picked up snake as a 2nd.
Son, I am disappoint.

Icyo

Smash Ace
Just to let you guys know, ive picked up snake as a 2nd.
ive picked up snake as a 2nd.
This made me shed a tear :'(

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
lol this is coming from the man who thought banning metaknight would solve the major problem with brawl. Seriously? Second Snake? Are you doing it because you like Snake? If only because "Texas is playing cheap," that's hypocritical to your ban ideology.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
lol this is coming from the man who thought banning metaknight would solve the major problem with brawl. Seriously? Second Snake? Are you doing it because you like Snake? If only because "Texas is playing cheap," that's hypocritical to your ban ideology.
On top of this, not being able to take a loss is a piss-poor reason for picking up a higher-tier character. That speaks of a desire to win, nothing more. We use Samus because she has something to prove, however difficult it may be. We don't whore tiers when things get bad. We fight, we analyze, we make her stronger. We learn.

Hive

Smash Lord

lol I just picked up Toon Link as a second... weird timing. Norcal has been getting the same way. :(
I think he plays samus-like a bit, but with ko moves. Snake is a really good secondary! Hopefully now you can get into the PR there, you definitely earned it. ^^

edit: I love samus more than anything but its so hard to use her alone when you are fighting a cp almost every match you know?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lool, Xyro took my secondary. Snakes my high tier second, I realize that for some match ups it's best to switch out, think of it like pokemonz :)
I also have Pit under my belt

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As much as I'd love to make a comment about Xyro, I'm here because I found out I have about 2 weeks left, give or take. And so he picked up a second. It's not the end of the world.

@Jasona: Cool, can't wait to see them. Power to the cause.

@NOID: Inorite?

@Hive: No johns.

I work two jobs :( and two jobs ain't funz man, but it lets me survive so it's all good I guess, how did you become poor child amoungst us?
Dad lost his job, family having problems, etc etc. I'm trying to get a part-time job to help out, but I just started school again today, so it'll be tough.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
That's truly unfortunate :( I wish the best to you and your fam.

@ n00b, Snake is IMO so much fun to play, dunno why but he's too fun. using nades for defense, setting up traps, grab tricks :p

hell, he's got so many options to choose from, that's what makes him fun :)

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
I completely agree with n00b. If anything, I'd go with Peach. She is a respectable character to get good with in my opinion. Not to say it is wrong to pick Snake as a secondary. We all need a win every once in a while, especially one that has a similar feel to a win in Melee.

Xyro77

you dont know my ideology. NONE of you have.

I banned metaknight MAINLY because hes the ANSWER to everything a character can dish out and he prevents people from CPing to thier advantage. Metaknight has NO disadvantages in this game(wether it be by stage or character).

Now that hes gone, i can actually USE the CP like i could in melee! In melee if samus couldnt handle soemthing, i busted out marth and BOOM. Case closed. Banning metaknight FINALLY allows the people to CP a stage or character and have it work in thier favor.

On top of this, not being able to take a loss is a piss-poor reason for picking up a higher-tier character. That speaks of a desire to win, nothing more. We use Samus because she has something to prove, however difficult it may be. We don't whore tiers when things get bad. We fight, we analyze, we make her stronger. We learn.

Why sit there and lose to cheap *** crap that i KNOW snake can beat? Why be happy with getting 9th when i KNOW if i used snake once or twice i could get top 5? Its not about winning money or prizes, its about beating the **** out of people who play this game just to be ***** about it.

example: falco can laser-laser-over b-laser-laser-over b-repeat. OTHER than ledge stalling for 8mins there is nothing samus can do. snake can just crawl untill falco decides to actually FIGHT you.

example: a marth who spaces perfectly(royr/mikehaze) will NEVER be hit by anything you have. Snake has disjointed hit boxes on nearly ALL of his moves(u-tilt) so he can punish perfectly spaced attacks.

So i picked up snake. Samus(as cool as she is) HONESTLY cannot keep up with the top 7 chars in this game. Untill something great is found out(like the bomb thing im working on) she will forever stay in low tier. I have not and will not ever drop samus. I will ALWAYS start off a set with her. Snake is just back up.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
to be fair you guys really can't criticize xyro for his decision at all, especially because he's the main person spearheading the entire competitive samus movement as far as i know

nobody has spoken as adamantly/passionately about samus, good or bad, as xyro has

so if he wants to pick up snake, it probably means he understands samus better than we (or at least I) do -- her limits, if anything.

also, this post feels really weird, because im not being sarcastic or trolling anyone

Xyro77

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just found this funny
have you not fought snakes that hit you with nades and u-tilts that SHOULDNT have hit you? thats called disjointed hit box. now, i havnt used ANY OTHER char in tourney as of yet and i MAY not go through with this. Im just considering snake because brawl is getting of the age that a low tier isnt a "wtf is that" like it used to be. There are a few instances here and there but over all the "low tier advanatge" is coming to a close.

N00b: thank you for your post. That means alot.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I don't see anything wrong with picking up Snake as a secondary. Of course, I'm not like Xyro when it comes to choosing a particular character. I main Samus like everyone here, but I have alternative characters. I have ZSS, because I want to use Samus at her fullest. I use Pit, because Pit is from Kid Icarus, a game I owned for the NES. And there's Diddy Kong, whom I find a bit easier and a lot funner to play as than Donkey Kong.

I personally cannot use Snake. He falls too fast for my taste, so I'm afraid to use any aerials, since his aerials lag. I can't tell you how many times I lost a stock because of n-air or f-air while I was off the stage. Anyway, aside from all of this, I thought I'd check out deviantART and find some pictures of Samus. I think she is best portrayed through pictures, rather than words. Sorry, but even fanfictions don't do justice.

1. http://strixnebulosa.deviantart.com/art/Samus-Aran-34728082

This one is interesting. Samus looks more like an android here, due to the appearance as if it was an anatomy of the human body. The way the Arm Cannon was designed is also nicely detailed.

2. http://zebes.deviantart.com/art/Samus-Encounters-Spore-Spawn-44975037

This one is nice. I have a bit of a problem with the jet pack, but aside from that, this picture gives us an idea of what Spore Spawn looks like from Samus' perspective. In fact, in Super Metroid, Spore Spawn moves in a way that resembles the letter X. I bet that if Super Metroid was in first-person, or maybe even third-person, Spore Spawn would actually be circling the room like a tether ball.

3. http://aibryce.deviantart.com/art/Samus-PED-63200560

This picture is Samus in her PED Suit. The PED Suit is one of my favorite suits in the Metroid Universe. It's a fusion of Chozo and Federation technology, and as you progress in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, the suit becomes charged with Phazon, giving it a blue appearance. This picture gives Samus a masculine appearance, which fits well with the original Power Suit design.

4. http://cliford417.deviantart.com/art/Samus-Aran-prt1-82407147

This is likely based off of the SSBB pictures that we have seen where Samus is firing a Super Missile. It looks like oil pastels were used for this one.

5. http://ludde740.deviantart.com/art/PED-suit-Samus-110990891

This is another one with Samus wearing the PED Suit. It looks very similar to the original.

And that is all for now.

Top Bottom