• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Salt Mines Episode 18 - PM Underground Announced!

With Project M ceasing development, the Smash community has been in a bit of turmoil. Famous vloggers have made their comments, members of the old PMDT have made personal appeals, and now the largest Project M Podcast, The Salt Mines, has had a chance to weigh in themselves. They show how not all is bad with these recent announcements and even have something new to show off on their own. Give it a watch!

Their big announcement? PM Underground. Powered by the folks running PMTV, it is set to be a website dedicated to Project M articles and content. Here is their official announcement for the site.

---​

Hello everyone,

We at PM Underground wanted to take some time to introduce ourselves. With the final updates for Project M now done, and the mod in its final state we know the community will be looking for a new central hub to discuss the mod we all love so much. With this in mind the people behind PMTV have gotten together to form PM Underground. This site will be a home for all Project M content ranging from informative articles, to event streams, and awesome videos. As many of you will be able to see this site is only in its infancy and we will be adding to it over time, so please feel free to reach out to us and share your thoughts via email or with the people you know at PMTV. We want to thank everyone in the Project M community for their continued support of the game. This is only a new chapter in Project M not the end, and we are excited about this new era and where it will take us.

With this new chapter we will be looking to expand the content the PM creates, and if you are interested in making any content for the community please let us know. The biggest thing each and every one of you can do to keep Project M alive and well is to continue to be a part of the community, and support the wonderful players and Tournament Organizers we have. There are a lot of upcoming events that we are really excited about and 2016 is shaping up to be one of the biggest in Project M so far, so stay tuned with us for all of the information!

---​

Enjoy the podcast? Excited for the new website? Sound off in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for future Project M coverage!

Comments

First :^)

Good luck with the new projects, guys!

I'm still salty about never seeing Sami playable though :'(

I actually want to get into PM now that they are not updating the game every 5 seconds. I wish the community can decide to play the best version of PM and build the meta around that.

I don't play PM personally, (if I did, I'd main Lucario) but I'm really glad that PM has been getting all the spotlight recently, given the community's state. They need some guidance right now.

Much respect to trying to keep the game alive.
I never played PM, but I've seen it and I respect it.

I went to the "guides" section of the site and more than half the characters only have this message:
Anim pariatur cliche reprehenderit, enim eiusmod high life accusamus terry richardson ad squid. 3 wolf moon officia aute, non cupidatat skateboard dolor brunch. Food truck quinoa nesciunt laborum eiusmod. Brunch 3 wolf moon tempor, sunt aliqua put a bird on it squid single-origin coffee nulla assumenda shoreditch et.
Even google translate can't decipher it.

Last edited:
I went to the "guides" section of the site and more than half the characters only have this message:

That's an extended version of the Lorem Ipsum text that's normally used as a placeholder while there's nothing there. Content will come as we get people to write guides

I like this idea but I also get the impression this could be harmful to the PMdev team. They dont want this game following them and they've made that very clear so is this doing more harm than good? It's kinda the reason they didnt want people using the dev builds that got leaked, an di get the impression they really want the mod to be very quiet so that it doesnt follow them and cause legal issues for any future endeavors they have

I like this idea but I also get the impression this could be harmful to the PMdev team. They dont want this game following them and they've made that very clear so is this doing more harm than good? It's kinda the reason they didnt want people using the dev builds that got leaked, an di get the impression they really want the mod to be very quiet so that it doesnt follow them and cause legal issues for any future endeavors they have
The dev team stickied this website on reddit.

Why not feature the PMUnderground logo with the cyan M instead of the vanilla PM logo? It would help it stand out a bit more, +more relevant.

But why? The collective PM community was pissed when VGBootCamp moved PM to a secondary stream, as it does nothing but distance PM from the rest of the scene, dividing and undermining it. So why make a new site when I'm making this comment on the biggest Smash Bros forum in the world? It's the same exact premise.

PM underground!
PM underground!
They made a vow, that PM won't be downed.

Good to see an effort to keep PM alive, despite all the hardships it is going through.

Filosafer Filosafer
People were made about the VGbootcamp thing because of the #FreeGimR campaign and the significant drop in quality and promotion. Also, the proceeding issue with the vods definitely didn't help the situation. Not to mention this comparison is very shaky. From what I can tell, PM underground isn't trying to replace Smashboards, it is trying to occupy a different niche. The boards will always be the best place for discussion. Reddit has a wider reach, better suited for a wider range of topics (like tournaments, or gfycats), etc. This website doesn't have a forum, which is already different from the other 2. It also links to both Smashboards and the subreddit, so it doesn't seem like they are trying to replace them. Pm underground seems more geared towards things like articles, guides (and before you point to smashboards, any guide will probably end up on both if the creator is ok with it), a place to host/promote salt mines, etc.

First :^)

Good luck with the new projects, guys!

I'm still salty about never seeing Sami playable though :'(
You can play as sami in the leaked dev build, you just have to replace snake.
She has her own specials, and a few unique normal moves too.

lol u gotta respect the pm community. no matter how many times u beat it to the ground it keeps coming back like a zombie. this why i love this community

or he can just play 3.6 ... why should people act like knuckles, sami, issac or lyn are such impportant.
I really wish to play issac to...but 3.6 is all ready great great !
LETS LOOKING FORWARD!!!

Last edited:

I think it's placeholder text until they update it.

It's a a strange mix of literally every European language. Lol.

:231:

The dev team stickied this website on reddit.
So my thoughts are that the PM DT are trying to get away from legal pressure from Nintendo. I feel like PM underground is eventually going to run into the same problem. I know that everyone is excited and happy that PM will still be around but I feel that it's not fair to the PM DT to continue this mod and create more problems for them in their lives. they are clearly trying to distance themselves from this.

That abomination is not mah Sami >: (

Seriously, it's just a snake reskin, even if it has some different moves...

Last edited:
It would be awesome if someone kept an unofficial development going, especially since there is so much more we could do with the mod.

Top Bottom