• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The sad truth about "Taunt Parties" and why they're formed now

Do you think teaming against one player is wrong?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

«◆Jοhηηγ◆»

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Johnnycay
3DS FC
4983-5527-1165
The reasons taunt parties are formed in Smash 4

[Hello I am trying to be as honest as possible in this thread, so if you don't like the truth then kindly click away and have a good day]

[The reason they are a thing]
Three people will usually team up to attack one player like a bunch of jerks, people who do this are in "For Fun" modes free for all and they are all over the place in that mode, you cannot form a match without one of those a**holes trying to form a taunt party and team against you.

[The Reason they don't do anything mid-match]
Ok so.. The reason they don't fight is because they're waiting for one of the members to snap and start hitting people so that they have an excuse for teaming against them in the first place..

Well.. there you go, that is the HONEST TRUTH of why people form taunt parties in Super Smash Brothers for Wii U & 3DS.

I hope your butt remains unhurt so that you don't flame me in the comment section of this thread...

(Disclaimer)
( I know that the taunt parties are usually created with less mean intent, I have been taking part of them for years and this is the honest truth coming from someone who has first hand experience with this type of behavior)

Last edited:

Doug the Yoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameWatch22
Hmm... so, you take part in Taunt Parties, but... they really bother you?

KirbCider

Smash Ace
The actual Truth about Taunt Parties:

When they started...
Taunt Parties started during the introduction to the Online Mode when Brawl was released. I rarely played Online during Brawl; however if I remember correctly the lag was often horrible no matter what kind of connection you had. All it had was "Basic Brawl", "Team Brawl", and "Spectator Mode". Both battle modes were 4-player and since the lag was so insufferable people created Taunt Parties to keep themselves entertained, since that's all you really could do in said lag. Brawls Online was treated as a joke.

Of course, it allowed you to Smash with friends too; however there was no point in doing Taunt Parties with friends because the connection was often much better depending on you and your friends connection. You could actually ya know, Smash for once.

Why are they still here...?
I honestly don't know how to really respond to this. I don't have an actual answer why Taunt Parties carried over despite the connection being improved (there's still some lag at times, but it's not as bad as Brawls). The only answer I can give is probably because people grew used to them and it just became one of those "Things" to do Online. Every Online game has it's "Thing".

Taunt Parties just happen to be Smash's thing I suppose. It's existed since Brawl and will probably carry over to the next game, too.

Why do people even find them enjoyable...?!
I guess a lot of folks just find joy in goofing off? Not everyone takes the game seriously, and if you're someone that goes into For Glory often (like me) you sometimes you just need a break from playing seriously. Taunt Parties aren't for everyone and they can be very boring to some. After all, a lot of you play the game so you can actually Smash, right? I don't blame folks for hating them.

Everyone has their own definition of fun though, and not matter how much you try to fight against it there's just no stopping them. Even the Report Function that was made for Smash U/3DS is obviously not stopping them. There's just not much you can really do.

Why does it always seem like a 3V1 every time I come in...?
If you enter a Taunt Party and see someone getting tag teamed they probably did something to "Crash" the party.

"Crashing" the party often means you tried to actually fight. Since there's no communication with players people can't just tell someone to "Back off, I got this". Everyone feels compelled to get involved even when they don't need to be. Sometimes some folks will stay out of it and do their own thing, and just let one person handle it. Not everyone has an interest in ganging up on a single person. The most likely reason they gang up is someone is trying to attack them all and they just want the person to leave.

People just want to do their own things when Taunt Parties happen, and they will typically try to get rid of Crashers by 3V1.

But I didn't do anything wrong, so why am I getting attacked...?!
People participating in Taunt Parties don't just attack to be mean. From my experience the person often brings it on themselves.

Let's say you're Pikachu, and you're doing nothing but his Neutral B. You aren't meaning to hit anyone, but you are. And you're hitting them A LOT. Whether it's accidental people will get sick of it. Sometimes some folks will go up to you and grab you, or often try to hit you with an attack of their own. Do not panic when this happens. Just ignore them or run if you have to. If you start another game don't do anything, then they won't have a reason to go after you. If you see it as a threat and act, they will act too.

One example of this is one time somebody was playing Jigglypuff and doing rest. They then started resting other people. Sometimes it was an accident and other times it just felt on purpose. Mistakes can happen, but they kept managing to hit others with it and KOing them occasionally (even in Sudden Death). They got sick of it and started to attack the Jigglypuff due to it.

They may not of meant it but at the same time they refused to stop. Most aren't going to continue to ignore that.

But I still didn't do anything, yet they're trying to KO me...!
Did you attack them in any way, and them give them damage?

Accidentally hit them with an item, a Pokemon, or an Assist? Did they later get KOed at some point? Well, they're probably hitting you to get you to KO yourself in order to make the score even. They want Sudden Death to happen, and it can't happen unless everyone has the same score. This is an unspoken rule so a lot of people don't understand or get what it means sometimes.

Alright, well I'm helping them deal with a crasher but they're hitting me...!
It could be to negate the "Targetting a single Player" penalty.

Or perhaps you ended up KOing them in the process and again, they're trying to get you to KO yourself to even the score.

Well I'm really sick of Taunt Parties, so what can I do about it...?
You can always avoid Single Player For Fun. It doesn't happen in For Glory or in Team For Fun.

If it also bothers you that bad just leave after the match is over and try to find another room; however actually finding a room where Taunt Parties don't exist in For Fun is extremely slim. If you're really bothered by it then just start reporting and blocking people, but good luck. You'll have a lot of people to report and block. If that doesn't satisfy you, then just quit going into the mode.

"But I shouldn't HAVE to quit the mode because of Taunt Parties!"

You're right. You shouldn't, but if they're becoming an annoyance and doing nothing but stressing you there's really no point in you continuing to put up with them. Taunt Parties are going to be severely hard to stop and there's not too much you can do. All the whining and "Stop Taunt Party" petitions won't make them go away. They tried to do justice to get rid of them by creating the Report and Block function and yet they're still here. People are also going to do as they please whether they upset you or not...

You can't stop someone from teabagging you, insulting your mom, or whatever in any other Online Game you play. There's always going to be someone like that. Report and Block them, and then move on. Understand you're still going to get those people.

You can't control what anyone does online, and if you try you're setting yourself up for disappointment and lots of stress.

Well here's a solu-...
Before you offer up a solution, be aware that no matter what you do or say won't make both sides happy. Ever.

Hmm... so, you take part in Taunt Parties, but... they really bother you?
That's kind of what I don't get as well...

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I agree with most of what KirbCider KirbCider has said but I will mention there was one time back in Brawl I was literally just standing there and got 3v1'd. I didn't do anything to provoke them. And then to further add salt to the wound 2 of them stood in the blast zones during sudden death where the bombs wont reach them so the match would never end for me. I think they must have been a well-coordinated group of bullies or something messing up anyone's day who happens to join their room.

Last edited:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
I'll be playing Bayonetta against two of my friends and they'll realize that I have 3 stocks when they only have 1. Next thing you know, they're trying to team up against me. Kind of annoying.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Sidestepping the whole taunt party business, I don't think there's anything wrong with teaming provided it isn't malicious teaming. Like, if two players are down two stocks and the third hasn't lost one, working together to take down the strongest foe is just good strategy. But malicious teaming like joining a game together and just picking one poor soul to harass, or doing the thing where you cherry tap your friend and they SD is just aiming to ruin the game for someone else, and that's just low.

(Worse yet, people who do this are probably hooting like mad and having a riot over how MYAD the victims must be, when in reality the reaction is usually something like tired exasperation.)

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Good to see nintendo hasn't changed anything about that from brawl days.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I agree with most of what KirbCider KirbCider has said but I will mention there was one time back in Brawl I was literally just standing there and got 3v1'd. I didn't do anything to provoke them. And then to further add salt to the wound 2 of them stood in the blast zones during sudden death where the bombs wont reach them so the match would never end for me. I think they must have been a well-coordinated group of bullies or something messing up anyone's day who happens to join their room.
I remember Brawls seemed to be a bit more hostile yeah.

Back then I didn't even know what Taunt Parties were, so I was often getting 3V1'ed myself sadly. Once Smash U came around it seemed like there weren't any Taunt Parties at all at the time (unless I was just really lucky). I remember deciding to play in For Fun first for a long while before even attempting For Glory and there wasn't a Taunt Party in sight. That changed pretty fast though.

It seemed like a month or so later they were back, or started to make a comeback anyways. I started finding more rooms filled with them, and started encountering less rooms with less smashing going on. Now it just feels like they've engulfed Solo For Fun.

Sadly, just like in Brawl there's not too much we can really do now that they've completely taken over.

I will say however, that I haven't experienced any random "Attacks" when entering For Fun in Smash U, so I really don't think it's just people wanting to wail on whoever comes in. If that's the case I always would be under constant attack in For Fun since I'm normally the last one to enter the room. I'm not saying these cases can't exist, but it's ridiculous to claim that it always happens when it kind of doesn't. Like I stated before, most if not all cases often involve those who crash the party, or rather play the game.

Yeah, it really is unfair and I don't approve of it either, but what can you do...?

I'll be playing Bayonetta against two of my friends and they'll realize that I have 3 stocks when they only have 1. Next thing you know, they're trying to team up against me. Kind of annoying.
In that sense it's just a smart thing to do. I will always make an attempt to fight whoever has the most stock, or if everyone has the same stocks I'll attempt to go after the least percent. If someones trying to attack me while I'm doing that I'll attack them or force them to back off and continue doing what I was doing. It's not necessarily tag teaming. I'd be more concerned if you only had two stocks and they had say... Five stocks. Then that would of been crazy unfair to you no matter what excuse they make for it.

Last edited:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
I remember Brawls seemed to be a bit more hostile yeah.

Back then I didn't even know what Taunt Parties were, so I was often getting 3V1'ed myself sadly. Once Smash U came around it seemed like there weren't any Taunt Parties at all at the time (unless I was just really lucky). I remember deciding to play in For Fun first for a long while before even attempting For Glory and there wasn't a Taunt Party in sight. That changed pretty fast though.

It seemed like a month or so later they were back, or started to make a comeback anyways. I started finding more rooms filled with them, and started encountering less rooms with less smashing going on. Now it just feels like they've engulfed Solo For Fun.

Sadly, just like in Brawl there's not too much we can really do now that they've completely taken over.

I will say however, that I haven't experienced any random "Attacks" when entering For Fun in Smash U, so I really don't think it's just people wanting to wail on whoever comes in. If that's the case I always would be under constant attack in For Fun since I'm normally the last one to enter the room. I'm not saying these cases can't exist, but it's ridiculous to claim that it always happens when it kind of doesn't. Like I stated before, most if not all cases often involve those who crash the party, or rather play the game.

Yeah, it really is unfair and I don't approve of it either, but what can you do...?

In that sense it's just a smart thing to do. I will always make an attempt to fight whoever has the most stock, or if everyone has the same stocks I'll attempt to go after the least percent. If someones trying to attack me while I'm doing that I'll attack them or force them to back off and continue doing what I was doing. It's not necessarily tag teaming. I'd be more concerned if you only had two stocks and they had say... Five stocks. Then that would of been crazy unfair to you no matter what excuse they make for it.
OK, fair enough. Also I think they may be a little mad that I picked Bayonetta. :p

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
The actual Truth about Taunt Parties:

When they started...
Taunt Parties started during the introduction to the Online Mode when Brawl was released. I rarely played Online during Brawl; however if I remember correctly the lag was often horrible no matter what kind of connection you had. All it had was "Basic Brawl", "Team Brawl", and "Spectator Mode". Both battle modes were 4-player and since the lag was so insufferable people created Taunt Parties to keep themselves entertained, since that's all you really could do in said lag. Brawls Online was treated as a joke.

Of course, it allowed you to Smash with friends too; however there was no point in doing Taunt Parties with friends because the connection was often much better depending on you and your friends connection. You could actually ya know, Smash for once.

Why are they still here...?
I honestly don't know how to really respond to this. I don't have an actual answer why Taunt Parties carried over despite the connection being improved (there's still some lag at times, but it's not as bad as Brawls). The only answer I can give is probably because people grew used to them and it just became one of those "Things" to do Online. Every Online game has it's "Thing".

Taunt Parties just happen to be Smash's thing I suppose. It's existed since Brawl and will probably carry over to the next game, too.

Why do people even find them enjoyable...?!
I guess a lot of folks just find joy in goofing off? Not everyone takes the game seriously, and if you're someone that goes into For Glory often (like me) you sometimes you just need a break from playing seriously. Taunt Parties aren't for everyone and they can be very boring to some. After all, a lot of you play the game so you can actually Smash, right? I don't blame folks for hating them.

Everyone has their own definition of fun though, and not matter how much you try to fight against it there's just no stopping them. Even the Report Function that was made for Smash U/3DS is obviously not stopping them. There's just not much you can really do.

Why does it always seem like a 3V1 every time I come in...?
If you enter a Taunt Party and see someone getting tag teamed they probably did something to "Crash" the party.

"Crashing" the party often means you tried to actually fight. Since there's no communication with players people can't just tell someone to "Back off, I got this". Everyone feels compelled to get involved even when they don't need to be. Sometimes some folks will stay out of it and do their own thing, and just let one person handle it. Not everyone has an interest in ganging up on a single person. The most likely reason they gang up is someone is trying to attack them all and they just want the person to leave.

People just want to do their own things when Taunt Parties happen, and they will typically try to get rid of Crashers by 3V1.

But I didn't do anything wrong, so why am I getting attacked...?!
People participating in Taunt Parties don't just attack to be mean. From my experience the person often brings it on themselves.

Let's say you're Pikachu, and you're doing nothing but his Neutral B. You aren't meaning to hit anyone, but you are. And you're hitting them A LOT. Whether it's accidental people will get sick of it. Sometimes some folks will go up to you and grab you, or often try to hit you with an attack of their own. Do not panic when this happens. Just ignore them or run if you have to. If you start another game don't do anything, then they won't have a reason to go after you. If you see it as a threat and act, they will act too.

One example of this is one time somebody was playing Jigglypuff and doing rest. They then started resting other people. Sometimes it was an accident and other times it just felt on purpose. Mistakes can happen, but they kept managing to hit others with it and KOing them occasionally (even in Sudden Death). They got sick of it and started to attack the Jigglypuff due to it.

They may not of meant it but at the same time they refused to stop. Most aren't going to continue to ignore that.

But I still didn't do anything, yet they're trying to KO me...!
Did you attack them in any way, and them give them damage?

Accidentally hit them with an item, a Pokemon, or an Assist? Did they later get KOed at some point? Well, they're probably hitting you to get you to KO yourself in order to make the score even. They want Sudden Death to happen, and it can't happen unless everyone has the same score. This is an unspoken rule so a lot of people don't understand or get what it means sometimes.

Alright, well I'm helping them deal with a crasher but they're hitting me...!
It could be to negate the "Targetting a single Player" penalty.

Or perhaps you ended up KOing them in the process and again, they're trying to get you to KO yourself to even the score.

Well I'm really sick of Taunt Parties, so what can I do about it...?
You can always avoid Single Player For Fun. It doesn't happen in For Glory or in Team For Fun.

If it also bothers you that bad just leave after the match is over and try to find another room; however actually finding a room where Taunt Parties don't exist in For Fun is extremely slim. If you're really bothered by it then just start reporting and blocking people, but good luck. You'll have a lot of people to report and block. If that doesn't satisfy you, then just quit going into the mode.

"But I shouldn't HAVE to quit the mode because of Taunt Parties!"

You're right. You shouldn't, but if they're becoming an annoyance and doing nothing but stressing you there's really no point in you continuing to put up with them. Taunt Parties are going to be severely hard to stop and there's not too much you can do. All the whining and "Stop Taunt Party" petitions won't make them go away. They tried to do justice to get rid of them by creating the Report and Block function and yet they're still here. People are also going to do as they please whether they upset you or not...

You can't stop someone from teabagging you, insulting your mom, or whatever in any other Online Game you play. There's always going to be someone like that. Report and Block them, and then move on. Understand you're still going to get those people.

You can't control what anyone does online, and if you try you're setting yourself up for disappointment and lots of stress.

Well here's a solu-...
Before you offer up a solution, be aware that no matter what you do or say won't make both sides happy. Ever.

That's kind of what I don't get as well...
I agree with most of the stuff you said, but also disagree with some of the stuff you said as well.

Taunt Parties were not solely and only formed off of Brawl's online lag, regardless of Brawl having good or terrible lag, taunt parties were bound to happen.
In fact there are several factors why taunt parties exist, for reasons like being bored of fighting each other and just wanting to relax, have a passion for the game and feel like a social type of game, a player is not very good at the game and chooses to be friendly with others, or the reason you stated(Lag), and etc.
Smash U didn't carry on from Brawl, it's something bound to happen because people sometimes want to try something different besides killing each other a thousand times. It was bound to happen.

Take Team Fortress 2 for example, you have friendlies, people that tend to not harm you and hope you don't harm them.
Sure they can go on your team and taunt with you, but that's not fun or interesting enough for them.
They rather stay on the opposite team than to you join your's, because it's something different, it's unusual, because they are bored of doing the same objective over and over again for the time being.
Overwatch is getting some of that as well.

These are some factors why Taunt Parties were formed, not purely based off of lag.
I have played Brawl Online for awhile and the matches were honestly not laggy at all.
The game runs fine but there is always a one sec button input delay with no matter what connection there was, but it was still bearable and playable with good/decent connection. For me to get a unplayable/laggy game at the time was 42% chance.

Now for the taunt parties attacking you for no reason: Yes, this does happen.

This happens numerous amount of times, and happens to me as well from time to time.

Now, hear me out.

They DON'T attack you as soon as you join the lobby, BUT what they actually do though is they bait you.
What is baiting in the context of Taunt Parties? Easy.
When one or more players do not attack you ruthlessly or continuously, but they jab you once here and there for no particular reason, even with a strong attack.
Doing this, hoping you would jab or hit them back(even for one hit), giving them officially a prime and justifiable reason to attack you and maybe even sometimes gang up on you(3v1).
This happens half or less of the time in For Fun because someone within the taunt party members gets bored eventually with not fighting and begin to have a crave for a and any fight.
Although, they are sometimes so comfortable with their current taunt party members, they don't want to cause any fuss between any of them, thus they wait for a random to join and cause some drama with baiting.

This does happens.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Taunt Parties were not solely and only formed off of Brawl's online lag, regardless of Brawl having good or terrible lag, taunt parties were bound to happen.
In fact there are several factors why taunt parties exist, for reasons like being bored of fighting each other and just wanting to relax, have a passion for the game and feel like a social type of game, a player is not very good at the game and chooses to be friendly with others, or the reason you stated(Lag), and etc.
Smash U didn't carry on from Brawl, it's something bound to happen because people sometimes want to try something different besides killing each other a thousand times. It was bound to happen.
That is fair enough, and I can agree with what. I believe Lag was definitely a strong influence on it though.

Since people couldn't actually fight half the time what else could they really do? And like I stated in my previous post it's just one of those "Things" that happen, and every game has it's "Thing" that cannot be controlled or stopped. So I can agree with you that it was probably bound to happen at some point in time, even if it didn't carry from or start with Brawl. There's no controlling Online things no matter how much we try or want to. There's gonna be so many things people do Online that will annoy us we cannot stop.

The Report and Block feature is the best we have for that, but even then you'd still encounter more people that do the same things.

Now for the taunt parties attacking you for no reason: Yes, this does happen.
This happens numerous amount of times, and happens to me as well from time to time.

Now, hear me out.

They DON'T attack you as soon as you join the lobby, BUT what they actually do though is they bait you.
What is baiting in the context of Taunt Parties? Easy.
When one or more players do not attack you ruthlessly or continuously, but they jab you once here and there for no particular reason, even with a strong attack.
Doing this, hoping you would jab or hit them back(even for one hit), giving them officially a prime and justifiable reason to attack you and maybe even sometimes gang up on you(3v1).
This happens half or less of the time in For Fun because someone within the taunt party members gets bored eventually with not fighting and begin to have a crave for a and any fight.
Although, they are sometimes so comfortable with their current taunt party members, they don't want to cause any fuss between any of them, thus they wait for a random to join and cause some drama with baiting.

This does happens.
I did mention in another post that some cases of that can exist. It's certainly not impossible; however, it's not something that happens 100% of the time. In fact I'd have to go on a limb and say cases where folks purposely want to bully others solely to just do it is extremely rare. I honestly don't think I've ever witnessed "Baiting" in a Taunt Party whenever I decide to hop into For Fun.

It's almost always because someone either does something "Stupid" in Taunt Party context, or because they actually tried to fight.

So I just can't agree that the "Truth" about why they even exist is solely because everyone wants to harass each other, or else I would experience and see it every single time I go into For Fun (which isn't that often, but I would still encounter it in that case). Some people just want to do stuff just for the sake of doing it. People make games sometimes in Taunt Parties, like Hot Potato with Villager and his Trees. Heck, I got someone to play Dedede Ball with me (which is essentially picking King Dedede and taking turns throwing a Gordo out, then hitting it back and forth. Loser gets hit/gets KOed if hit enough). There's way more to them.

Sometimes I pick Duck Hunt and let people hit the can. People even get hit by it too, yet a fight has never broken out. Again, I'm not saying the bullying aspect is impossible, because it can be. Trolling and harassment is possible/exists in any Online Game.

But as far as Taunt Parties go, it's certainly not the only reason they exist and it's really not that common in my experience.

Besides, there are worst things to worry about in Smash anyways (like the flawed Report Function, as innocent folks suffer for it).

Stylin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3840-7108-2356
Taunt Parties are kinda lame but I don't hate them, they're just really boring. If someone's getting jumped I'm not in on it; I don't understand why people want to be boring and will obviously leave since they won't fight each other, but suddenly want to gang up on some singular fighter and use that as their own reason.

Oops kinda old topic. Sorry. Maybe if I could delete this.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I'm not a fan of Taunt Parties, but there's one thing I don't get about people's attitudes towards it.
I've seen people on this site proudly stating how they participate in Taunt Parties, and how they enjoy 3V1 someone, yet these same people dislike For Glory players for being utter ***holes.
Why is OK to be a **** in on mode yet its not OK to be a **** in another?

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a fan of Taunt Parties, but there's one thing I don't get about people's attitudes towards it.
I've seen people on this site proudly stating how they participate in Taunt Parties, and how they enjoy 3V1 someone, yet these same people dislike For Glory players for being utter ***holes.
Why is OK to be a **** in on mode yet its not OK to be a **** in another?
Huh?

Ham-R

Smash Cadet
NNID
LetsGetHam-Rd
HEEERE'S JOHNNY, HE'S PART OF THE PROBLEM!

«◆Jοhηηγ◆»

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Johnnycay
3DS FC
4983-5527-1165
I have been teamed on in For fun mode about a million times, I remember when taunt parties used to actually be fun.. But now they use them to bully other players until they rage quit, which is very bad sportmanship and just outright mean...

When you confront them about it they always pull out the victim card by saying "Well if you don't attack me I won't attack you" well I hate to burst your bubble but-

NEWS FLASH: attacking other players in smash is the entire mechanic of the game, I know It's CRAZY to think that a fighting game is about fighting other people, right?

Not only that but if you don't want to fight then why don't you just make a private match via your friends list? It's not hard, I've done it a million times before..

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682

«◆Jοhηηγ◆»

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Johnnycay
3DS FC
4983-5527-1165
Well some users on this site proudly state that they love triple-teaming someone, like in here: https://smashboards.com/threads/tau...-in-ssb-for-wii-u.385603/page-2#post-20708574
Now this same guy proudly rage quits against people who use "cheap" tactics as stated here :https://smashboards.com/threads/discrediting-for-fun.427142/#post-20678644
Therefore he complains about people on FG being "cheap" and when he does the same thing in For Fun.
It's really sad because triple teaming against someone is literally against the rules and can result in being kicked for a certain amount of time... So It's really ironic that he says people use "cheap" tactics when in reality he literally admits that he cheats in for fun mode..

Last edited:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
You know, two of my friends were probably glad that we were all playing together in the same room yesterday. We were playing 5-stock matches and it was the two of them against me. I beat them every time, but that's not the point. They have problems with me targeting them, but when both of them are targeting me, the best player out of our friend group by far... Imma shut up now.

However, one of them texted me a video of a Borderlands 2 player doing something or other blindfolded, and there's another friend of ours who wasn't able to spend the afternoon with us. So my first thoughts when I saw this video were, "No. Oh nonononono. The three of you are not going to team up against me and blindfold me."

Give me a break.

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
I remember reading a post a while back with someone saying they only take part in taunt parties because they were really lacking in the skill department themselves.

I could see that being true for some people.

«◆Jοhηηγ◆»

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Johnnycay
3DS FC
4983-5527-1165
I remember reading a post a while back with someone saying they only take part in taunt parties because they were really lacking in the skill department themselves.

I could see that being true for some people.
From what I have seen online it's actually quite the opposite.. If a group of players are all decently skilled then they abuse their combined power to gang up on other players because they cannot be beaten as a team..

«◆Jοhηηγ◆»

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Johnnycay
3DS FC
4983-5527-1165
I do too, but only if i'm friends with the people I goof around with. If you go online and form taunt parties you're evil.

I also quit playing smash permanently.

I don't need to torture myself by playing online with a Toxic / disgusting community that can't even play a game without completely ruining it all together.

Splatoon is what I have migrated to as a result of this garbage and I have to admit, I actually had more fun playing splatoon a lot more than this steaming pile of crap.

Go ahead, hate me for it.

But it's not my fault that the developers can't even discipline it's own players correctly without having an entire game mode being ruined.

I would just go to for glory mode, but I don't want to torture myself anytime soon. Too many try-hards and neckbeards on that mode for my skill level

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
Maybe I should consider myself lucky, but I have never fell victim of a Taunt Party. I have however been in a couple matches of nothing bux foxes just doing neutral-b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom