• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Anyone notice?

Marth confirmed, as is Ness.

Every character that was referred to as a "predecessor" of a previously confirmed character has been confirmed.

I am definitely sensing a pattern here, this does improve Roy's odds.

Shweex

Smash Cadet
All the clone characters, however (IE Roy, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, etc) have not. I'm sensing another pattern, which does the opposite of improving his odds :[

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
All the clone characters, however (IE Roy, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, etc) have not. I'm sensing another pattern, which does the opposite of improving his odds :[
Well, none have been CONFIRMED but several have a very good chance of appearing anyway. Gannondorf was leaked at the same time as Sheik (albeit, not a confirmation, but still), Young Link seems to be another probably choice, etc. In essence, it seems to be more a matter of the character's merits then their status in the last game as a clone or not.

IceCube04

Smash Rookie
no Roy

its nice that you worked so hard, but I hate to tell you that he just wont be in, there is no point... you dont need more than Ike and Marth, and if anyone else from Fire Emblem is going to get in its gonna be Black Knight.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Luigi's confirmed, lol! That's a start for clones. And who gives a d***, Roy would have been original in Melee if not for time restraints. I could personally make Marth, Roy, and Ike diffrent just from playing FE3, 4, 6, 7, and 8. (haven't played any of Ike's games, but I have seen tons of gameplay of it) They are far more diffrent then King Dedede, Kirby, and Meta Knight are in all honesty. The fact is, Sigurd and Roy are tied for third most important lord in the series. Sigurd is a Ike alternate color...sorta (like Dixie Kong). SO Eliwood, Roy, and Hector are all that's left, since Ike is repping FE9 AND 10 (in other words, no Miciah).

Since Roy is the most important and popular of the three, he's got a huge lead on the rest. But, Fire Emblem seems like it's not going to have another rep, but Roy's chances keep improving. We got what? 19 veterans back? 15 on the dojo, 4 (Luigi, Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff) off it. We still got 7 "unconfirmed" veterans in Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Young Link, Falco, Roy, Pichu, Mewtwo, and Mr. Game and Watch. It will be fun to see how this turns out, but Roy better at least be a alternate Marth color! :laugh: If anything saves him, it's his Melee fanbase! :)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Anyone notice?

Marth confirmed, as is Ness.

Every character that was referred to as a "predecessor" of a previously confirmed character has been confirmed.

I am definitely sensing a pattern here, this does improve Roy's odds.
Hey, adumbrodeus, do you want to join the Knights of Elibe?

Also, I am sorry fellow Knights but the rumored 35 character roster is looking more and more true, and I am now a firm believer of it. While we have not seen Wolf, R.O.B., or Toon Link yet, there have been strong indications that the 35 character roster is the real deal. I am sorry I did not do enough to change people's opinions on Roy. I promise to all of you that I am going to work hard the next several years to make Roy a popularly requested character for Smash Bros. 4, although I am going to need all of your help.

I will be posting my thoughts on the 35 character roster in the General Brawl Discussion board. If you don't want to be spoiled about the roster, please don't read the topic.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Also, I am sorry fellow Knights but the rumored 35 character roster is looking more and more true, and I am now a firm believer of it. While we have not seen Wolf, R.O.B., or Toon Link yet, there have been strong indications that the 35 character roster is the real deal. I am sorry I did not do enough to change people's opinions on Roy. I promise to all of you that I am going to work hard the next several years to make Roy a popularly requested character for Smash Bros. 4, although I am going to need all of your help.

I will be posting my thoughts on the 35 character roster in the General Brawl Discussion board. If you don't want to be spoiled about the roster, please don't read the topic.
Yes, I would.

But... it is my estimation that ROB, being the most unlikely of the group is the most critical element to this, anything else is predictable outside the rooster.

Including Ness, since the only thing that made him seem unlikely was a poor translation, ROB is the true test for the rooster.

Amusingly enough, it might be Roy that kills the rooster, since it seems like the evidence to support him has merit at this point.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

The 35 character rumor has debunked since Marth. Marth, Luigi, and Captain Falcon are WAYYYYY out of place. ;)

courte

Smash Lord
well... i dunno but SPOILER

after all evidence so far, i'm sad to say perhaps it is coming true, only a little sad, but i know after a week the hurt will lessen and after a month i really won't care--35 chars SO FAR

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
you can see their gameplay on youtube ganon toon link marth

i already knew most of the roster bcz of chrono
thnx man :)

Top Bottom