• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The roster is thinning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPerplexion

Smash Cadet
If you could remove at LEAST 15 characters from the roster to create the perfect smash game, who would it be.
RULES:
1. remove at LEAST 15 characters.
2. cannot remove original 12 (:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff:) *optional

For me, the roster would be:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultzelda::ultmarth::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultpit::ultwario::ultpokemontrainer::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultduckhunt::ultcloud::ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultkrool:
Missing::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultsheik::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultfalco::ultlucina::ultyounglink::ultroy::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultdarkpit::ultzss::ultsnake::ultike::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultlucario::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultgreninja::ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultryu::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultrichter::ultisabelle:

KatKit

Smash Lord
How in the world can you have 'thinning' in the title and then proceed to remove Wii Fit Trainer? :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Didn't we already have an EXACT thread like this? Where we removed 20 characters instead?
Pretty sure we did.

Oh well.

15 characters it is.

:ultbowserjr: I never like you... although it does hurt that this means the Koopa Kids will be cut too.

:ultgreninja: Never liked you either and it takes a lot to make me NOT like a ninja frog

:ultcorrin: Nobody ever liked you

:ultdarksamus::ultwolf::ultdarkpit: Ditch a couple "Like the main character but dark and edgy" characters

:ultchrom: I have no idea how you got in anyway

:ultlucina: You are literally Marth with breasts. Go.

:ultsheik: You're a horrible outdated character

:ultlucario: You're just a horrible designed character

:ultike: Mostly because you're a Fire Emblem sword guy. Otherwise I wouldn't care about you one way or another

:ultrichter: You aren't the iconic Belmont.

:ultyounglink: We only need one small version of Link

:ultpichu: You're whole gimic is "Pikachu except I suck."

:ultzss: Mostly just because I needed one last character, but de-sexualizing Samus a bit is an added bonus

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Oh joy, more threads to subtlety express disdain of the amount of FE characters in Smash. :yeahboi:

Ah well, I'll still participate.

:ultroy::ultridley::ultpichu::ultchrom::ultyounglink::ultdoc::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultsnake::ultsheik:

Hmm... I don't know who else to cut. This is going to be painful for me, but I'm going to have to cut some characters that I'll end up remotely missing.

:ultgreninja::ultryu::ultdaisy::ultdarkpit::ultdarksamus:

I honestly couldn't think of any characters to cut after Ryu, so I had to resort to cutting some more clones/Echo Fighters.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Remove :ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdoc::ultluigi::ultfalco::ultlucas::ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ultpichu::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultisabelle:
Now I'll hide

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Ok, let’s go

1. :ultdoc: There’s no reason to add him, he isn’t that important to Mario overall and could easily be a Costume. If there was ever to be another Mario, it should be paper.

2. :ultdarkpit: Unnecessary, while he does represent Uprising, it should have been Hades instead. Dark Pit really wasn’t that memorable

3. :ultcorrin: A controversial pick, and while he does add a new moveset, he really isn’t a liked character, nor is his games. I get Fates is big, but I feel the character choice could have been better, or that pick a different FE title.

4. :ultroy: Roy isn’t well liked by the FE community, nor is his game, and it aight a big seller like Fates. Being in Melee seems to be the only reason Roy is here.

5. :ultyounglink: Another Link and another character to highlight Ocarina of Time. Young Link truly offers nothing and Toon Link was a good replacement.

6.:ultsheik: Another version of Zelda that should have been replaced by the better character Impa. Sheik has barely any significance in Zelda outside of Ocarina, so again, was she necessary?

7.:ultwiifittrainer: The Wii brand is essentially dead at this point, and Nintendo seems to be getting rid of any traces of it, so Wii Fit feels wrong being here, and I always felt like she’d be one of the ones that was cut.

8. :ultrichter: He isn’t Belmont and isn’t exactly known across the world, really only a Japanese character to most, so I’d cut him.

9. :ultjigglypuff: It’s another gen 1 rep that’s way past its prime. Jigglypuff isn’t an icon and is only a joke that, to be honest, has run its course.

10. :ulticeclimbers: They’re part of a bad game with no significant Nintendo history unlike G&W, R.O.B. or Duck Hunt.

11. :ultfalco: Controversial, but honestly Star Fox isn’t a big or well respected franchise, so having two characters is okay. I picked Falco because Wolf is more unique and being that Wolf is a villain, he adds more value to the roster.

12. :ultpichu: Another joke character that has run its course, while it is nice to see Gen 2 representation, they could’ve done better.

13. :ultzss: We already had the more iconic Samus no need for a 2nd that only appears in one game. Plus she makes Samus clunky as the agility parts go to this version not the other.

14. :ultlittlemac: He was popular, until everyone found out he sucks, resorting him to a joke. Punch-Out!! Is a good game but is mainly liked by Americans and Little MAC doesn’t have much history to keep him a float.

15.:ultkrool: Way past his prime, not even iconic anymore and hasn’t been for two generations. Most born after the 2000s will have no clue who he is. Plus Dixie could have been a better in between rep, appearing in new and old titles.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
:ultdoc: - Least needed character on the roster overall. Could easily be a costume instead.
:ultsheik: - Doesn't even do the one thing they did in their game; use a harp. Impa's a better choice honestly.
:ultlucas: - We'll never get his game, so why bother rubbing it in our faces like this?
:ultzss: - Honestly I'm satisfied with just ONE Samus. Now we have Dark Samus and Ridley too Zero Suit doesn't feel like a needed character persay.
:ultjigglypuff: - Should have been Meowth.
:ultdarkpit: - If he had used other weapons I'd have been down, but he's the most cloney clone.
:ultfalco: - Don't really feel Falco's as big a deal as Smash likes to make out he is.
:ultrichter: - Simon's the iconic Belmont. Richter isn't really needed.
:ulticeclimbers: - Awful AWFUL game. Duck Hunt or Balloon Fighter would have been much better choices on Melee. Ice Climbers may be one of the least fun NES games I've ever played.
:ultcloud: - Sorry Cloud, but I'm a Nintendo purist.
:ultyounglink: - The second least needed character on the roster overall after Doc.
:ultrosalina: - Yeah, sorry Rosie but you're my least favourite of the playable Mario cast aside from Doc so you're out too.
:ultsnake: - Sorry Snake, but like Cloud I still view you as a Playstation mascot more than a Nintendo one.
:ultlucina: - I'd cut Marth honestly instead but I can't really justify three Awakening Fire Emblemers.
:ultchrom: - Or two. Robin offers more and between Chrom and Roy I'll keep Roy to rep a different FE game and region. Chrom was the hardest choice though.

Bonus; Barely survived: :ultwiifittrainer:(who isn't really a character), :ultpichu:(but I love joke characters and I have a soft spot for Pichu), :ultbayonetta:(who would go but if I cut Lucina I felt I'd also have to cut Chrom for fairness), :ultpalutena:(who I just dislike irrationally, can't even explain), :ultgreninja:(who is fine, but still feels flavour of the week to me)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly there isn't a reason for this thread to exist since these just breed negativity anyway.
Also some of y'all are really petty so just pretend I listed your main.

D

Deleted member

Here is mine;
Cut characters: :ultrosalina::ultdoc::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultdarkpit::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultroy::ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultchrom::ultryu:

Remaining Characters: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultyoshi::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultness::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultzss::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultmarth::ultike::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultshulk::ultwario::ultolimar::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultwiifittrainer::ultinkling::ultgnw::ulticeclimbers::ultrob::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultrichter:

And for fun, here are the replacements for the characters I cut: (Paper Mario) (Skull Kid) (Impa) (A Link Between Worlds Link) (Sylux) (Spring Man) (Ribbion Girl-Echo of Spring Man) (Bandana Waddle Dee) (Elma) (Rex & Pyra) (Isaac) (Chorus Kids) (Ryu Hayabusa) (Leon Kennedy)

Honestly there isn't a reason for this thread to exist since these just breed negativity anyway.
I'm not trying to be negative :(.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, I really don't understand what fascinates people about removing characters, all it really does is show you don't think character such and such isn't important to the roster. (Which is overtly negative, it's saying the impact any of the characters that are commonly removed in these threads do not matter) When in actuality we should be celebrating the fact we have a roster so big and we don't have to worry about someone's past favorite being removed, as well as celebrate the fact that all these characters can come together.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Excluding Echoes

Isabelle
Duck Hunt
Greninja
Rosalina
Toon Link
ROB
Lucario
Lucas
Roy
Pichu
Young Link
Dr. Mario
Falco
Ice Climbers
Sheik

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At least 15 characters, huh? And I can't remove the original 12, huh?

:ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultrob::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:

See what I did there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom