• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Wow, it's sure has been a long time since I've posted on this boards.

I tried Aces demo which was also my first Mario Tennis game ever and my score was 28-23 with 2225 at the end which is fair 'cause I was learning while playing. Aside for the lag (Nintendo netcode, pls...) I had a lot of fun, I can't wait for this game to be released and learn even more!
I tried everyone in the demo, especially Rosalina obviously. She is a lot of fun with her tricky shots and she even has a bit of learning curve as she's got some crucial endlag on her moves and if you mess up you're potentially screwed. I also had fun with Spike, which I expected to be a meme character tbh but he's actually likeable in his goofyness, and Bowser. Chain Chomp is OP pls nerf him.

Btw, it's almost E3 time! I can't wait for new informations on Smash 5 omg! Hope they confirm Rosalina asap even if I know she won't ever be cut from roster.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Oh, so we have a format change to SmashBoards now? Ok then. Anyway, remember the awesome artwork made by glassheart 0u0/omochi? Their Twitter inexplicably vanished sometime back, but new artwork is still getting pumped out. Here's all the Rosalina pics in case you might have missed them.
Last pic of Rosetta Mama before their Twitter went poof.

It seems so rare for an artist to accurately depict Rosalina's height. Way too often is she drawn at the same height as Peach.

I find it amusing to see Rosalina embarrassed by her own beauty. This is just way too adorable.

Here's one with the Comet Observatory in the background. Piloted by an elegant goddess.

A pic resembling her idle animation in Smash.

A sleepy mother resting in a bed of starbits with a couple of her star babies.

Hugs :3

Seriously, I love this artist so much!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Spoilers about Mario Tennis Aces:

Rosalina doesn't appear in Story mode at all, same with Toadette and the Chain Chomp. They are the only ones not to appear at all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Spoilers about Mario Tennis Aces:

Rosalina doesn't appear in Story mode at all, same with Toadette and the Chain Chomp. They are the only ones not to appear at all.
Not surprised in the slightest.

They never use Rosalina for story-based content. The brief appearance in Rio Olympics is the only exception, but that barely even counts since she's just a contestant you have a match against briefly.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Here she is, more glorious than ever, and replayable, not some kind of clone, and with, apparently, her traditional Mario appearance ??

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Here she is, more glorious than ever, and replayable, not some kind of clone, and with, apparently, her traditional Mario appearance ??
Glad she's back, though I wish they kept her sheen and stars on the gown.

They've also reworked some of her moves, like her neutral air.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Glad she's back, though I wish they kept her sheen and stars on the gown.

They've also reworked some of her moves, like her neutral air.
Here she is in her usual grandeur, also, I have extracted the images of the website which is a bit bugged so I'm gonna share em with you!

Here is the link to her intro video, which showcases some new changes for her:
-Like Palutena, when she dodges, she still disappears but now an effect plays when she reappears (for Palutena, it's like a soundwave thing, for Rosa, it's sparkles). (You see that at the very beginning of her video, she appears out of nowhere with sparkles!)
-It seems like it's her neutral B, but it could also be her neutral air, though anyway, something has been changed and it allows for more combos with Luma.
-Her Gravitational Pull allows her to draw items in, but it also equips them now! So you don't have to worry about opponents stealing them from you.
-Her Final Smash remains unchanged, though it now has some sort of pull effect which draws opponents in, making it harder to escape. I guess they'll tone its damage down (250% for each pulled character would be a lot), but it increases its power and its use drastically.

Otherwise, when she uses her forward air, she lost her ending lag and can run right afterwards, which is nice.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Man, the traffic on this site is crazy. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is happening. It's not a port. It's an ultimate celebration of the entire series and Nintendo's history, just like it's always been known for. So much fanservice in that. I had to take a long shower after just because of that presentation. It's also nice that it gives us more artwork of Gorgeousalina, which is a plus. Not to mention my babies are back, my sweet Ice Climbers, along with every single fighter who has ever been in Smash. And Sakurai even managed to do the impossible by adding Ridley?! This game is simply perfection.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Man, the traffic on this site is crazy. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is happening. It's not a port. It's an ultimate celebration of the entire series and Nintendo's history, just like it's always been known for. So much fanservice in that. I had to take a long shower after just because of that presentation. It's also nice that it gives us more artwork of Gorgeousalina, which is a plus. Not to mention my babies are back, my sweet Ice Climbers, along with every single fighter who has ever been in Smash. And Sakurai even managed to do the impossible by adding Ridley?! This game is simply perfection.
Eeeeh, it's not a port, but not a new game entirely either. It's clearly based on the same engine as the Wii U game, even with many of the character models being ripped right from the last game. It even has the same results screen theme, loading screen, and so on.

It's kinda like what Dissidia 012 was to the original Dissidia.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sounds really inclusive and filled! Although I'm content with the roster, I hope they add adventure mode because we could use some really cool CGI. These little unique details help makes the game even better! Although there's still issues with the character's render because honestly, it looks quite choppy and a bit sloppy/messy. But they announced that they're still working on it, so hopefully that issue would be patched up. The models looks slightly updated from Smash 4, so there should be new bugs that come with that. It looks like unreal engine. And Rosalina still has this from the last game, but let's PRAY that they actually give her a Cosmic Spirit alt this time. It would work since the cosmos beneath her gown looks more blue than before. As for her dress, the stars are still there. It just looked different in that other photo. Does anyone get the feeling that the dress physics in this game are a bit more wild? IDK, Wii U felt more controlled.

Capture.PNG

And here's her Smash website! https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/48.html

Oh, so we have a format change to SmashBoards now? Ok then. Anyway, remember the awesome artwork made by glassheart 0u0/omochi? Their Twitter inexplicably vanished sometime back, but new artwork is still getting pumped out. Here's all the Rosalina pics in case you might have missed them.
The layout of this forum looks drastically different... This is a problem for some people who don't like change, while there are those who are more adaptable to these. It seems quite sudden but maybe we'll get accustomed to it at one point.

And Sakurai even managed to do the impossible by adding Ridley?! This game is simply perfection.
And what's crazy is, my first post last page was meant to be an April Fools' jokes. But I guess it's not anymore?? I guess for some people this may feel like a joke, but it's at least better than adding Shrek.

Eeeeh, it's not a port, but not a new game entirely either. It's clearly based on the same engine as the Wii U game, even with many of the character models being ripped right from the last game. It even has the same results screen theme, loading screen, and so on.

It's kinda like what Dissidia 012 was to the original Dissidia.
Maybe it's not a new game in the sense of technical engine and veterans, but it is new in that it has a new title and could be considered Smash 5 by many. Yeah, the renders were ripped although there were new renders brought in for new characters like Ridley and the Inklings. I think this uses elements of everything in Smash history, but made it more new and "modern" looking, with Smash 4 as a base since that's the last Smash game that was released.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
As for her dress, the stars are still there. It just looked different in that other photo. Does anyone get the feeling that the dress physics in this game are a bit more wild? IDK, Wii U felt more controlled.

View attachment 147902
Rosalina had the same dress physics problems when she was first revealed for Wii U (and Peach too). Go back to Rosalina's Wii U reveal trailer and you'll spot the same issues like in the image you linked (Daisy also has her legs phasing through her dress, so I'm sure Peach will too).
youtu.be-L93H7YC-83o.jpg
I'm sure these issues will be fixed when the game releases.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Maybe it's not a new game in the sense of technical engine and veterans, but it is new in that it has a new title and could be considered Smash 5 by many. Yeah, the renders were ripped although there were new renders brought in for new characters like Ridley and the Inklings. I think this uses elements of everything in Smash history, but made it more new and "modern" looking, with Smash 4 as a base since that's the last Smash game that was released.
Agreed. Assets are re-used for games all the time often to make development easier. Smash Universe has so many alterations and additions that it should by definition be regarded as a new game.

Edit:

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
ugh this means no new voice clips for Mario characters

not that i complain, Kerri is always welcomed back as Rosalina 1 way or another.
Maybe the day where she gets new voice clips is to be in games she never had been in before, unlike spin-offs and crossovers. That game could have story elements that dictates her voice and how it matches her portrayal. But as of now, everything is cool since we should have the mature and elegant Rosalina in Smash. It's a plus that she's like that in Aces, too, with the voice mix-up. Consistency is an issue but it probably doesn't really matter to them because they seem to care more if she sounds good.

On a side note, I'm not sure if you guys noticed but Rosalina is on the boxart cover of the new Mario Party game! I really enjoy the fluidity in her appearance here, how it looks as if she's on a raft. Not too wild, but she's enjoying herself to an extent at a reserved pace.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Maybe the day where she gets new voice clips is to be in games she never had been in before, unlike spin-offs and crossovers. That game could have story elements that dictates her voice and how it matches her portrayal. But as of now, everything is cool since we should have the mature and elegant Rosalina in Smash. It's a plus that she's like that in Aces, too, with the voice mix-up. Consistency is an issue but it probably doesn't really matter to them because they seem to care more if she sounds good.

On a side note, I'm not sure if you guys noticed but Rosalina is on the boxart cover of the new Mario Party game! I really enjoy the fluidity in her appearance here, how it looks as if she's on a raft. Not too wild, but she's enjoying herself to an extent at a reserved pace.

She looks cute on that boxart, and the game itself is also very beautiful. Also, Nintendo really has got back to the track with those spin-off Mario games, Aces having a (Rosalina-less...) story mode and better gameplay, Mario Party playing again like a boardgame... Count me in.

Also, I'm hoping for new victory animations for Rosalina in Smash. The one where she launches Luma is perhaps my favorite because Luma then plays around her but the other two (especially the one where she just stands there like in the Observatory) seem so lame in comparison. And with these new dynamic camera angles? I'm hoping for the best.

EDIT: By the way, another detail I noticed is that her hair is now animated! In Sm4sh, it's basically two blocks with one being loose and the other stuck to her head, but in Sma5sh? 5smash? Smash5?, anyway, it has more animated part! It flows more naturally and looks really good.
And something smallish too, the cosmos under her dress is back and shinier than ever and when she triggers her Final Smash, the whole sky scene becomes galactic!

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Those Launch stars could be seen as those things the Lumas themselves transform into. This just goes to further show how Rosalina is capable of making her own Launch star, not needing a Luma to do it. It's a good thing they finally got a Galaxy item.

And the sky scene becoming galactic seems typical for a cosmic sorceress, and it's nice that they add that since Final Smash, as they say, are straight to the point now. A black hole would have been cool too, since they also have a gravitational pull. They just need to polish up the texture, give her more variety in alternate colors and we're set!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

Footage of Mario Party using Rosalina.

For one the game looks great so far im liking the mix ups and Rosalina's dice block seems to be one of the best yet as it has more positives than negatives.

On the bad side for me, they are still using those disgusting Mario Kart 8 voice clips. God i hate Mario Kart 8 so much for ruining Rosalina for me.

''LETS GOOOoooo'' and ''OH YEAHHH'' are specially bad.

On a brighter note, Rosalina is more expressive in her animations and looks prettier than in the past.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
ugh this means no new voice clips for Mario characters

not that i complain, Kerri is always welcomed back as Rosalina 1 way or another.
I'm highly disturbed with the fact that the developers still refuse to use Takashi Nagasako's voice portrayal of Donkey Kong, along with Kenny James's voice portrayal of Bowser. Seriously, if Caety Sagoian's voice portrayal of Bowser Jr. was allowed into Smash 3DS / Wii U, then why can't Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Bowser have their Mario series voice clips as well?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

For one the game looks great so far im liking the mix ups and Rosalina's dice block seems to be one of the best yet as it has more positives than negatives.

On the bad side for me, they are still using those disgusting Mario Kart 8 voice clips. God i hate Mario Kart 8 so much for ruining Rosalina for me.

''LETS GOOOoooo'' and ''OH YEAHHH'' are specially bad.

On a brighter note, Rosalina is more expressive in her animations and looks prettier than in the past.
Her model is indeed beautiful, shiny and all and so detailed. I'm genuinely impressed.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'm highly disturbed with the fact that the developers still refuse to use Takashi Nagasako's voice portrayal of Donkey Kong, along with Kenny James's voice portrayal of Bowser. Seriously, if Caety Sagoian's voice portrayal of Bowser Jr. was allowed into Smash 3DS / Wii U, then why can't Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Bowser have their Mario series voice clips as well?
I know right.

I dont know what they are gonna do but it seems the Mario, DK and Yoshi cast are gonna be neglected in this aspect once more.

I dont complain, Kerri is perfect in Smash and the brawl sounds are still on going i guess however i would still wonder how Laura Faye Smith would portray Rosalina in a fighting game like this as opposed to a colorful game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least I can simply implement Smash Ultimate's main theme onto Smash Wii U, so that way, I can hear the main theme while using my sound hacks for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Bowser.

Also, I will miss being able to play as the Final Smash fighters. Wario-Man has often been a very crazy fighter to use.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
He's doing great progress thanks to her help. Soon, his taxes will be paid in time.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Although her dice block is good, I kinda miss her dice block from Star Rush (but Star Rush acts entirely different). Rosalina's Wondrous Dice Block rolls 5,6,?,?,?,? and each question mark is a number that's dependent on what placing you're currently in. So if you're in 4th place the dice block would have 5,6,4,4,4 and it was pretty good for catching up and rolling high but her dice block in Super Mario Party achieves the same thing which is great too.

I think in Super Mario Party if you don't move from your space you activate it again, so if Rosalina is on a blue space she could roll 2+ coins and land on the same blue space which gives 3+ coins for a total of 5+ coins, which is half the price of a Star. She'll probably gain the most money if you play as her.

Side note: I think Daisy could have one of the best movement dice blocks since her Friendly Dice Block in Star Rush was this: 3, 4, 5, ?, ?, ? (? = allies in party). 1 ally guarantees a roll of 2 or higher (since they roll too), so each ally you gain added 1 to the minimum you could roll. If the max number of allies you can have in Super Mario Party is 3, Daisy's lowest roll is 6 and her highest is 11. Pretty good I gotta say.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I've noticed something else with Rosalina: it appears that she sparkles when she's jumping around, but I presume it's an indicator of when Luma is dead, because it hasn't been seen anywhere. The screen cap is from the trailer, at around 19 minutes. Just another touch, I guess.
1529160740192.png

EDIT: Wait wait wait, I'm realizing, should we switch to another thread in the right forum?

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I've noticed something else with Rosalina: it appears that she sparkles when she's jumping around, but I presume it's an indicator of when Luma is dead, because it hasn't been seen anywhere. The screen cap is from the trailer, at around 19 minutes. Just another touch, I guess.
View attachment 148606
EDIT: Wait wait wait, I'm realizing, should we switch to another thread in the right forum?
Ah, you're right. This thread is part of Wii U/3DS. There's already a Rosalina & Luma character forum for Smash Ultimate, so should a new social thread be made there now or later? I already see other social threads popping up on other character forums. Does a specific person need to make the thread to get the "social" prefix added next to the thread title, like a premium member or mod, or can anyone make a thread with the "social" prefix?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Maybe the merchandise is related to Super Nintendo World (you know, the amusement park), since food and hamburger's are sold at Universal Studio's.

Zav22

Smash Cadet
Wow I just came across this today, and someone on deviantart actually managed to draw Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina accurately close to the Paper Mario art style, specifically the Super Paper Mario style and I have to say they did a great job doing this that most including myself thought it was official.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Woah, so The Art of Super Mario Odyssey book was recently released, and it seems that Rosalina was originally intended to appear in the game as some sort of musician, going for the dark and mysterious look. I can totally see why they would go for this, considering Koizumi made her Cat Power-Up black for a reason. Additionally, this disassociates her with those girly dresses Peach wears in Odyssey (and Rosalina in some fan arts), all the more reason to love it!

Source: https://mynintendonews.com/2018/09/28/rosalina-appears-in-the-art-of-super-mario-odyssey-book/amp/

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
why is always the concept art sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than what we get in the game?

It's even more painful now that Odyssey has no proper DLC yet.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
From what people are saying, apparently a sequel is coming if the DLC won't work out. Also, here are more pictures that was posted by Killo on Tumblr, regarding this book.

Hopefully they'll reuse some of these concepts for future games.

Zav22

Smash Cadet
From what people are saying, apparently a sequel is coming if the DLC won't work out. Also, here are more pictures that was posted by Killo on Tumblr, regarding this book.

I never imagined seeing concept art of Rosalina almost looking goth considering how elegant she is. I know they did this with her before in 3D world showing her playing a guitar in a cat suit but if they actually went with this in Odyssey then this wouldve shown a completely different side of her apart from her current role as a character. Also some of these concepts do look interesting like the one with Mario in a luma outfit, but I know one however that I really really don't like and I hope Nintendo does not reconsider it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0gvszwzQeQ This apparently was something the company was thinking about and its coincidentally aligned with the whole "Bowsette" thing before it spawned all over the Internet.

Need I remind that they're demanding for a transformation from two characters into one and not a stand alone character.

Sorry about that, I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the reply box. I even tried logging out and back in and exited the page and it was still there.

Its been awhile since I was last on here you know lol. I was responding to the last message you sent.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Annnnnd.....you did it again. Lol. Just click on "edit" under your post and add whatever you need to add if no one else has responded yet.

Top Bottom