• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Holy!!!

Maybe not MK9 but MK8 is getting fixeeeeeeeeddddd
I think that's supposed to be Mario Kart 9, which reused some of Mario Kart 8's assets.
A lot of people are pointing out it's connections to Double Dash. First off, holding two items at once. You could do this in almost any Mario Kart game by dragging an item behind you, but this doesn't seem to be the case since you can't drag a mushroom behind you. Heck, Mario's even holding 2 mushrooms, something possible in Double Dash. Second, we have King Boo, who's also from Double Dash. Lastly, they're racing on Yoshi Circuit (even though it's the DLC track from MK8), but it's still from Double Dash. Those are some strong sticking points.

Maybe there'll be an option to use 2 characters at once, and you can Switch them around like in Double Dash. Maybe there'll be special items again, who knows? If anything, I just hope they make Yoshi Circuit more wider to drive on. It was really narrow on Wii U.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I just confused why people automatically assume this is MK9 just because theres King Boo and 2 items.

Like really , they could just have enhanced the game for the Switch , but not make a new one.

even more , the additions are more like DLC or patches , nothing looks like its heavily made from scratch into a new engine.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Mario platformer demo seems to have some stuff that I've seen in some Sega titles. The town almost looks like something you'd see from Samba de Amigo.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Nintendo Switch, huh. I still don't feel excited about it.
Your reaction before its announcement was to tell you'd not buy it and spit on Nintendo before knowing anything about the console, so that's not so surprising. You went with such a negative attitude, what did you expect?

I just confused why people automatically assume this is MK9 just because theres King Boo and 2 items.

Like really , they could just have enhanced the game for the Switch , but not make a new one.

even more , the additions are more like DLC or patches , nothing looks like its heavily made from scratch into a new engine.
Even Splatoon doesn't look like a new game. I just thought it was Splatoon with... hairstyles and... pants.
But well, remasters aren't that bad. If they give MK8 everything it lacks and even adds characters, it'd be okay. At least, for me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Your reaction before its announcement was to tell you'd not buy it and spit on Nintendo before knowing anything about the console, so that's not so surprising. You went with such a negative attitude, what did you expect?
Well it is true after all.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It seems more closer to Mario Kart 8 for now. I am actually in between the fact that it's either a new Mario Kart game or just Mario Kart 8 enhanced edition. I'm not picking any sides for now, because it is only a demo.

Also, GameXplain uploaded this video of the new Mario game.

You may still be upset at the previous mistakes Nintendo made, but everyone makes mistakes. Everyone can redeem, and I believe Nintendo can too. Not to mention, Nintendo created one of the most amazing characters in gaming history and one thing Nintendo for sure had an advantage at was when they sold Pokemon GO.

Everyone has certain thoughts when it comes to product they don't like and they like. It might just surprise you. I hope you learn more about it, but if you're uninterested then there's nothing I can do about that.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Here's how I see it. This Mario Kart game runs on the same engine as Mario Kart 8, but there's no way they'd call it Mario Kart 8. If they did, they'd have to add something extra in the title, and it could confuse some customers (namely careless parents / children). This Mario Kart game may not really be a "new" Mario Kart in terms of it's game engine, design, etc, but Nintendo can ultimately call it something else beside Mario Kart 8 (and MK9 can still be used as a title, despite not looking or playing like a new Mario Kart).

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo call it Mario Kart Switch as its place holder title and then call it Mario Kart 9.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's how I see it. This Mario Kart game runs on the same engine as Mario Kart 8, but there's no way they'd call it Mario Kart 8. If they did, they'd have to add something extra in the title, and it could confuse some customers (namely careless parents / children). This Mario Kart game may not really be a "new" Mario Kart in terms of it's game engine, design, etc, but Nintendo can ultimately call it something else beside Mario Kart 8 (and MK9 can still be used as a title, despite not looking or playing like a new Mario Kart).

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo call it Mario Kart Switch as its place holder title and then call it Mario Kart 9.
It could always be called Mario Kart 8 Switch.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You may still be upset at the previous mistakes Nintendo made, but everyone makes mistakes. Everyone can redeem, and I believe Nintendo can too. Not to mention, Nintendo created one of the most amazing characters in gaming history and one thing Nintendo for sure had an advantage at was when they sold Pokemon GO.

Everyone has certain thoughts when it comes to product they don't like and they like. It might just surprise you. I hope you learn more about it, but if you're uninterested then there's nothing I can do about that.
I didn't say I didn't like it. I only said I wasn't excited about it.
I do like how you get to play games with the console at home and on the go. If it has a pretty decent price at launch, then maybe, just maybe, I'll consider it. Otherwise, I'm still not interested in it.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
We're also getting the new 3D Mario that we haven't had in the same vain as 64/Sunshine/Galaxy/2 since 2010, but it sorta looks like it's merely a tech demo teaser which kinda made me think back to early gameplay footage of Galaxy. Apparently it's also getting a remastered Skyrim, but that game isn't really my cup of tea and didn't have that much fun with it.
3D World and Land?

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Mario Kart 8 Switch doesn't sound bad, though I think Mario Kart Switch sounds fine. I remember familiar users here had shared screenshots here with Rosalina from Mario Kart 8 during the POTD era, before Smash 4 was released. I hope we get to do that again, but with this Smash game. Especially since they're bringing back old characters, and maybe add in new ones.

I think there would be a good chance Smash 4 could make it into Nintendo Switch, maybe with improved contents and the continuation of balance patches.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Mario Kart 8 Switch doesn't sound bad, though I think Mario Kart Switch sounds fine. I remember familiar users here had shared screenshots here with Rosalina from Mario Kart 8 during the POTD era, before Smash 4 was released. I hope we get to do that again, but with this Smash game. Especially since they're bringing back old characters, and maybe add in new ones.

I think there would be a good chance Smash 4 could make it into Nintendo Switch, maybe with improved contents and the continuation of balance patches.
I expect new content to try to convince people who have Smash 4 to buy it on the NS. Also, considering that Smash 4's roster was decided to be the same on Wii U & 3DS, I'd assume they'd do the same for the NS version (so no Ice Climbers since old 3DS can't run them). At the same time though, I'd like them to add Ice Climbers anyways, despite what they said about rosters being the same across different versions. I'd personally like to see some sort of Boss Rush mode (because using Bayonetta against bosses is so satisfying).

------------------------------------------------ Side rant:

Also, something I'm not sure of is what they'll do for a new unique mode on the NS. With Smash Tour and Smash Run, both were made in mind of the console they'd be used on (Tour was for at-home multiplayer, Run was for on-the-go play). With the NS however, it's a hybrid so there's no telling what they'd do for it.

My idea for a new mode would be Switch Smash (with the Switch theme in mind). You select two characters to play as and you'd be able to switch between them on the fly, kinda like in UMVC3 or Tatsunoko VS. Capcom. You wouldn't be able to spam switch (a certain amount of time needs to pass in order to switch, or if you take enough damage the time needed to switch would be reduced). Whichever character isn't in use, their damage goes down by 1% every 8 seconds or so. I imagine the character switch to be kinda like the stage intro:

It's just simple idea I made, based on what I see from other fighting games. It'd probably be interesting to see in the competitive scene as it's own side thing. It'd make for some interesting counterpicks and such.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I expect new content to try to convince people who have Smash 4 to buy it on the NS. Also, considering that Smash 4's roster was decided to be the same on Wii U & 3DS, I'd assume they'd do the same for the NS version (so no Ice Climbers since old 3DS can't run them). At the same time though, I'd like them to add Ice Climbers anyways, despite what they said about rosters being the same across different versions. I'd personally like to see some sort of Boss Rush mode (because using Bayonetta against bosses is so satisfying).

------------------------------------------------ Side rant:

Also, something I'm not sure of is what they'll do for a new unique mode on the NS. With Smash Tour and Smash Run, both were made in mind of the console they'd be used on (Tour was for at-home multiplayer, Run was for on-the-go play). With the NS however, it's a hybrid so there's no telling what they'd do for it.

My idea for a new mode would be Switch Smash (with the Switch theme in mind). You select two characters to play as and you'd be able to switch between them on the fly, kinda like in UMVC3 or Tatsunoko VS. Capcom. You wouldn't be able to spam switch (a certain amount of time needs to pass in order to switch, or if you take enough damage the time needed to switch would be reduced). Whichever character isn't in use, their damage goes down by 1% every 8 seconds or so. I imagine the character switch to be kinda like the stage intro:

It's just simple idea I made, based on what I see from other fighting games. It'd probably be interesting to see in the competitive scene as it's own side thing. It'd make for some interesting counterpicks and such.
That's a very creative idea, I like it. Doing the switch could be easy since we had Pokemon Trainer and Zelda & Sheik in previous Smash games doing just that. It's possible they could bring Ice Climber back, like they did with Doctor Mario and Mewtwo when they were cut from Brawl, plus, this isn't like the 3DS so it could be more easier for them to incorporate Ice Climbers. Also, Wolf and some other Smash characters that were cut could be added too. The reason why I'm expecting this much is because the NS seems to have alot of potential. Especially after we saw the Super Mario Switch sneak peek. Also, since the console is called Nintendo Switch, I think in the new Mario game you can switch out characters.

Both Smash Tour and Run could possibly be played because this game is portable and can be a home console at the same time. It would be cool if they decided to add a story mode as an extra content for the NS but I feel like they would not. The story mode could add more depths to Smash, but I fear we're asking alot considering how hard Sakurai worked on Smash 4.

Getting back to Super Mario Switch, someone made this analysis and included elements from Galaxy, Sunshine, 64, 3D World and etc.

He intends to cover more of Super Mario Switch soon.

I feel like concerning the new 3D Mario game more than the others. I wonder how everyone else felt about that game, be it bad or good. Hopefully they have characters from 3D World and make them more unique. For example, Peach's hovering could have sparkles like in Smash and pluck veggies. Toad with speeding quickly, and etc. They could expand on these character's powers.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Exactly what I believe and hope to see. They can't do such a game and ruin it with two playable Toads alongside Mario and Luigi. However, they can perfect it with Mario, Luigi, Peach an Rosie.
Mmh. I'm perhaps hoping too much. Sports Superstars would be good enough I guess.
Not gotta blame you though. The name to me it's still not good, and with that many third party supports for the Nintendo Switch, they gotta have Final Fantasy main game on this console.
And that esports part was awesome, imagine Smash Bros, Splatoon, Overwatch (Yes I'm dreaming of this game coming to NS) esports tournament end up like this:

I would like that to be the title, or Mario Kart Switch (hopefully).
That's not a far fetch name! It seems that the new Mario Kart might just be that you can switch two items.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Say, would anyone else prefer Mario Kart to have an interesting subtitle for the new installments rather than just a numeric one or a name based on the system it's on? Thinking back, we have this pattern:
First two: Super and 64
Next two: Super Circuit and Double Dash
The two after that: DS and Wii
Most recent two: 7 and 8
Just putting Switch in the title isn't exactly what I'd call unique going by past patterns. I hope the final products of Mario Kart, Splatoon, and the like become games that can be seen as full fledged sequels rather than some updates here and there that just build off on what we already have.

Then again, this was just a preview. The game footage is mainly designed to advertise examples of what you can expect to be able to do with your games that you weren't able to do before. For the sake of familiarity. Nintendo likely wanted to make that message clear to us so that when they decide to show us genuinely new content, consumers may be more on board for a smoother transition into what the system can truly offer and why their new system features provide better gaming experiences because of it. That's what I think would be the best case scenario. The worst case scenario would be if Nintendo was just being lazy and decided that putting a little extra gravy on their recent major releases would be sufficient enough to market a product because they were in panic mode from their low sales figures and wanted to start over when it's just a bunch of glorified remasters.
3D World and Land?
I wouldn't consider 3D Land and World in the same league as 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2 because even though they are all 3D Mario games through and through, there are fundamental differences that set them apart. 3D Land and World were structured in a more linear fashion. The game has a run button, a timer, and a flagpole. Stars/ star medals merely act as star coins in New Super Mario Bros. The games have been described as "a 3D Mario game that plays like a 2D Mario game." The others emphasized full use of 3D environments and maximized the scope of possibilities you can do in these seemingly free, open spaces. They had hub worlds (Though Galaxy 2 sort of fell off in that regard to an extent). Collectible Stars/Shines were your destination to the end of a level but you had numerous methods of reaching them with special objectives thrown in there. Not saying that 3D Land and 3D World aren't up there with the others. They're just too different.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I still hold the thought of it being Mario Kart 8 and something something.

Some subtitle along those lines are Switch and etc.

This is kinda bad news for me because instead of making a brand new game , they seem to be sticking to the MK8 route and im just so over it. I was ready to move on of that game, but here it comes again.

i would have prefered Ultra Smash recived this kind of upgrade since unlike MK8 , it desperately needed one since release.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
i would have prefered Ultra Smash recived this kind of upgrade since unlike MK8 , it desperately needed one since release.
Well, it's not unconfirmed. I'm still hoping for a Mario Strikers though. A game where multiplayer is important, a game enjoyable everywhere... Another game with Rosalina, mainly.
Ah, well. At least she's confirmed for this Mario Kart game. With... Baby Rosalina I suppose...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
No need for confirmation. The fact that there's still Pink Gold Peach makes me think this is still MK8 , so it's a no brainier that Rosalina is still in the game even though we can see her in the trailer ; it's all the same as MK8 going by visuals .

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lack of stat diversity may end up occurring as well. I'll never understand why as many as eight characters share the exact same stats.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Obviously the name of the new MK8 is "Mario Kart 8.8: HD ReMIX ~ Final Chapter Prologue".

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Woah, lots of depths and style there. If that's gonna be the real name, I feel like that would come with a story mode in mind (which I think that spin-offs could use to make the game more interesting). I believe they might add in some few new stages, as well as items. Who wouldn't want a remastered Rosalina's Ice World for the NS?

EDIT: GameXplain also made an analysis.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Got this yesterday , and i feel so bad because the game on its core is very enjoyable ; It would have been perfect with the right amount of content.

Got to play as Rosalina and the floating feels just right like in MP10. Better than running thats a given.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got this yesterday , and i feel so bad because the game on its core is very enjoyable ; It would have been perfect with the right amount of content.

Got to play as Rosalina and the floating feels just right like in MP10. Better than running thats a given.
>tfw you're about to step on poop

DISCLAIMER: I actually like Toadette, I just thought the image was too perfect for this joke. :p

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Poor Toadette lol

She looked like she is about to get stomped because thats actually Rosalina with the Mega Mushroom.

On another note , at least she doesnt hold the racket like a bag of potatoes like Toad does , literally the funniest thing.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
User was warned for this post
I got some screenshots from Ultra Smash as well. I really like the ones that make Rosalina seems majestic, graceful and purely divine such as this image.

<content redacted>

On another note , at least she doesnt hold the racket like a bag of potatoes like Toad does , literally the funniest thing.
She's a buff mama, that's why.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Poor Toadette lol

She looked like she is about to get stomped because thats actually Rosalina with the Mega Mushroom.

Speaking on this game, did you get it full price, or did you find it cheap somewhere? I wouldn't mind getting this game myself if it was really cheap somewhere.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It was a gift that my Dad bought.

But i know that it was from Amazon as the game has a slight price drop. It was 34$ for me IIRC.

I would recommen getting it if you have someone to play it. Also the AI in the 2 hardest settings (Pro and Ace) is really tough.

The game is pretty and smooth , but as you can see i already got Toadette and BJ so its fast to 100% it.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641

Toad looks like he has no idea what's going on.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Looks like the Nintendo Switch is lacking an SD card slot. That could be a problem if the system runs out of space for storing digital software.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
As i had mentioned before , im a graphic design student.
One of my assignaments this week was to make a board game , so i picked Super Mario as my theme.
Is a 4 player game and i made Rosalina a playable character because obvious reasons.

Here's Rosalina in the back cover , explaining some rules.

It says , Choose your favorite character in this 4 player meeting , is in spanish because thats my mother language.
For personal reasons i kept the rest in private , but is kinda like a sneak peek.
I like this proyect way too much.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
As i had mentioned before , im a graphic design student.
One of my assignaments this week was to make a board game , so i picked Super Mario as my theme.
Is a 4 player game and i made Rosalina a playable character because obvious reasons.

Here's Rosalina in the back cover , explaining some rules.

It says , Choose your favorite character in this 4 player meeting , is in spanish because thats my mother language.
For personal reasons i kept the rest in private , but is kinda like a sneak peek.
I like this proyect way too much.
Give her mighty powers!!!!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Looks like the Nintendo Switch is lacking an SD card slot. That could be a problem if the system runs out of space for storing digital software.
Well the bottom of the system wasn't shown, so maybe, just maybe, there could be an SD card slot. I hope there is one though. Also, that 3D render is missing two small black buttons on the back of the Joycon L & R. From the trailer, it looks like when the "+" button or "-" button is pressed in conjunction with the small black button on the back, that's how you're able to slide it out. If I can, I'll try to post an image of that button when I have the time (I can't now since I'm going to bed).

pfp4lif3

Smash Rookie
So I just learned that upskirts occur most often if the character is your opponent. In this image, I was playing as Peach against Rosalina. You guys, everything she does is elegant.
No panties.

How very lewd of Rosalina.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
No panties.

How very lewd of Rosalina.
I'm not sure that is the lewd thing going on (freeze framing the upskirt, however...).
But everything she does in this game is indeed elegant. I'm so excited about Sports Superstars and how she will act in Baseball and Soccer with this dress. Wonder if she will kick the ball or levitate it though, like Boo. It's a 3DS, I guess they won't bother to make her stand out more.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Upskirts in Mario are so irrelevant thought.

What would you end up seeing? The same as if there was a blackout , N-O-T-H-I-N-G

Is like undressing a Barbie and Ken doll. It's irrelevant.

Top Bottom