• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It looks more like a blood orange, if that's what you're going for. I personally would like to see a more natural orange color, like the color of a pumpkin. You could also modify it entirely and make a vampire-colored Rosalina. As an example, this character had her colors changed for Halloween:
I can totally see little bats on Rosalina's dress, just like how this character has them on her stockings.
Hey, that's Symettra from Overwatch. That Halloween skin wasn't well praised though. Mercys Halloween skin was the one that got a lot of attention.
I think Rosalina would look great with this witch costume (Which also reminds me of some Rosalina fanarts where she wears witch costume)
I did get these two skins already. Even though I have never use Symettra and Mercy in Overwatch…

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still remember that one Rosalina drawing that was made for Halloween. She stills wears her signature dress, but has a witch hat, instead of her crown.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
A sexy witch costume would be cool, especially since Rosalina is already one.

If they did a remake of Mario Party 2 and give her some new costumes. She'd get some fancy witch gown for Horror land, similiar to her dress in a fetchingly sophisticated style. I wonder what the Lumas will be for Halloween...

Also, we can't forget this.

(Source)

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
LOL there's this new NX rumor surfacing the web saying that apparently Nintendo's going to show off a preview of the NX tomorrow at 7:00 am PST.

Huh, that Mario costume looks kinda pricey just for the sake of creating a fake rumor...
Uhhh... what? Well, at least there will be no more rumors. Still not getting a day 1 buy from me, though. Let alone a year 1 buy. Alright Nintendo, since I'm fortunate enough to have my first class tomorrow end just before 10:00 EST, I'll take a look at whatever you plan to do live. Let's see if this was worth the wait, worth the silence, and worth the consumer abandonment. Good luck. You'll need it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm saving my money for a PS4 Pro instead. I ain't interested in that NX **** no matter what they got planned.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll pretty much hold off on the NX until I see games that catch my interest, and even then, I'll likely give it a couple months after it's released. However, my budget alone likely won't be enough to purchase the console.

Anyway, if I want to buy Breath of the Wild, I'll simply go for the Wii U version.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
LOL there's this new NX rumor surfacing the web saying that apparently Nintendo's going to show off a preview of the NX tomorrow at 7:00 am PST.

Huh, that Mario costume looks kinda pricey just for the sake of creating a fake rumor...
Uhhh... what? Well, at least there will be no more rumors. Still not getting a day 1 buy from me, though. Let alone a year 1 buy. Alright Nintendo, since I'm fortunate enough to have my first class tomorrow end just before 10:00 EST, I'll take a look at whatever you plan to do live. Let's see if this was worth the wait, worth the silence, and worth the consumer abandonment. Good luck. You'll need it.
If I'm lucky I convince someone for a birthday present a little more than 7 months after the NX gets released (they said it's Spring right?). Hopefully it's good but I most likely will e saving up those dollars for the NX and maybe a Sonic game? Maybe? Also, it's probably going to be the cheapest console again so there's a bonus. Question to you guys: How long do you think the Wii U has, and how long do you think the 3ds has? I give the Wii U 1 more year because they probably can't manage 3 consoles at once and eventually it's going to be pointless to create the same game for Wii U and NX. I give the 3ds 2 more years, since we know it has stuff for 2017 (pretty much the portable Wii U without Splatoon and Bayonetta at this point), and since it's the best selling ever, it should probably have 1 more year before Nintendo decides to make the next portable gaming system, which is also what the NX is supposed to be right?

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Under no circumstances will I buy the NX version of Breath of the Wild. It was designed with the Wii U in mind for the Wii U owners from the start basically since 2011. So I'll just stick with the Wii U version. But in order for me to consider buying their new product at all, they must must MUST prove to me that they're serious about this thing. I got my *** burned for buying the Wii U, so I figure waiting one or two years viewing from the sidelines I'll see if they can turn this **** around.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Without Iwata's guidance, it's very hard to determine if the NX will be worth it.

I'm not spending money on the newer PlayStation or XBOX systems, because they hardly ever have any games that I'd touch.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
This is a chance for us all to see if the NX is what we think it is, according to the rumors, or the opposite of what we expect. If this is going to be an amazing console + Rosalina series and merchandising, then I'm sold. Any other good Mario games with story would be cool too.

Without Iwata's guidance, it's very hard to determine if the NX will be worth it.
Well, we don't know about that even though Iwata did many good things for the company. I'm sure people would love to follow in his footsteps.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641

I'm not spending money on the newer PlayStation or XBOX systems, because they hardly ever have any games that I'd touch.
Nice new profile pic and same. Neither the XBOX nor the PlayStation have anything that I would play.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm probably just gonna stick to the PS4 base model as I don't really "need" the new features the Pro offers for now. Maybe when I stop using my brother's and buy my own, but not now. I am interested in beefing up my collection for it with games like Uncharted 4, Doom, Metal Gear Solid 5: **** Konami Edition, Shadow Warrior 1 and 2, South Park: The Stick of Truth and The Fractured but Whole, Nioh, Gravity Rush 1 and 2, Insomniac's upcoming Spider-Man game, Resogun, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, etc.

I'm in no rush to buy a brand new system, but I am oddly enough highly considering getting a PS Vita sometime maybe by January. Hey Tino Tino , you got a Vita somewhat recently, right? Was it relatively easy enough obtaining one? And are the memory cards as much of a nightmare as everyone says they are?

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
On the other hand ... Mario Kart 9 , SMG3 , Mario Party 11

Many more Rosalina appearences.

Hopefully NX star shines brighter than the Wii U's
I think you're pushing it there with everything except for Galaxy 3. Hopefully this one has 4 player like 3D Word as I do believe it's the only thing that was lacking with it, and now with there being no more manditory Wiimote, I could see this game being the best Mario platformer. I don't know about Mario Kart 9, but if we do get it well be waiting 3 more years in my opinion, and hopefully Nintendo has finally learned from their mistakes and takes their time changing Mario Party up from what it has been. Although I would like them to keep Bowser Party, that was fun. Did anyone else feel like Rosalina had an unfair luck advantage in that game?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think you're pushing it there with everything except for Galaxy 3. Hopefully this one has 4 player like 3D Word as I do believe it's the only thing that was lacking with it, and now with there being no more manditory Wiimote, I could see this game being the best Mario platformer. I don't know about Mario Kart 9, but if we do get it well be waiting 3 more years in my opinion, and hopefully Nintendo has finally learned from their mistakes and takes their time changing Mario Party up from what it has been. Although I would like them to keep Bowser Party, that was fun. Did anyone else feel like Rosalina had an unfair luck advantage in that game?
Um? Mario Kart comes every 2 or 3 years.

2003 - MKDD

2005 - MKDS

2008 - MKWii

2011 - MK7

2014- MK8

Theres not reason to not to believe MK9 is coming early too. After All MK games are always between the first Mario games we get in consoles mostly.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All that I know is that the next Mario Kart will need to fix up the mistakes that Mario Kart 8 had. This includes balancing the roster, along with fixing the item system.

And when I say balancing the roster, I basically mean that it needs better diversity so that the weight classes are treated more equally with their representatives and stat spreads. One notable con in Mario Kart 8 is that as many as eight lightweight characters shared the exact same stats; four of the eight lightweight characters could've at least received weaker handling and stronger speed.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Um? Mario Kart comes every 2 or 3 years.

2003 - MKDD

2005 - MKDS

2008 - MKWii

2011 - MK7

2014- MK8

Theres not reason to not to believe MK9 is coming early too. After All MK games are always between the first Mario games we get in consoles mostly.
Huh, I guess so. However the NX is a new type of console, so it would make more sense to me to wait 6 years from 2014 since it goes from Handheld to Console.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Huh, I guess so. However the NX is a new type of console, so it would make more sense to me to wait 6 years from 2014 since it goes from Handheld to Console.
Seeing as the 3DS will still be around for a few more years, I highly doubt that another Mario Kart installment will be made for it. After all, a single Nintendo console has never received more than one Mario Kart installment.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Seeing as the 3DS will still be around for a few more years, I highly doubt that another Mario Kart installment will be made for it. After all, a single Nintendo console has never received more than one Mario Kart installment.
A single Nintendo console has never had more than 1 3D Mario game until the Wii which had the same two versions. But the Wii U is not even closento being as successful as the Wii.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
TheBeardedPunisher TheBeardedPunisher I got my Vita at Amazon around the same price as Best Buy, which I originally planned to buy it at before it sold out. As for the memory cards, when you said nightmares, are you referring to the prices? If so, then yeah they are. I paid like $60 to get a 16 GB one while the 32 GB are worth $80, which is bull****.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm saving my money for a PS4 Pro instead. I ain't interested in that NX **** no matter what they got planned.
Well, I'm interested. If they reveal Smash Bros on NX that will be awesome.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Well, I'm interested. If they reveal Smash Bros on NX that will be awesome.
Doubt it. Sakurai and the team has worked so hard on Wii U and 3ds that there is no way they got back together to make ANOTHER ONE, or at least one with changes in character, stages, etc. I do believe there will be one, but it'll be a port. If there are changed to the game, they will be pit on the 3ds and Wii U as well.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Eh, I'm pretty much done with buying next gen consoles after the Wii U cuz I'm satisfied with what I got now.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Eh, I'm pretty much done with buying next gen consoles after the Wii U cuz I'm satisfied with what I got now.
I might have to see it first and then decide. I just hope Nintendo can surprise me, or at least won't let me disappointed.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I might have to see it first and then decide. I just hope Nintendo can surprise me, or at least won't let me disappointed.
Nintendo has already let me down too many times and I don't believe unveiling that NX thing in a few hours on will make up for it. I'll still check it out later after I wake up in the afternoon just to see how it looks.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Nintendo has already let me down too many times and I don't believe unveiling that NX thing in a few hours on will make up for it. I'll still check it out later after I wake up in the afternoon just to see how it looks.
I still feel like Ninteno has been delivering great things than dissapointing things (at least in the games that I like to play) and this is probably my favorite system in terms of what's on it. Plus, they are probably the best at DLC from what I can tell. Smash, Splatoon, 3D World, Mario Maker, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, Wolly World, Xenoblade X, Tropical Freeze, and Pikmin 3 are probably my Top 10 favorite games in that order. I don't have Tropical Freeze, Wolly World, or Pikmin 3 but my friend does and those were a lot of fun. Xenoblade X, while not as fun to me because I'm not that much of an exploration and RPG game, I can definitly respect it for what it is and that's probably why I like it so much.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A single Nintendo console has never had more than 1 3D Mario game until the Wii which had the same two versions. But the Wii U is not even closento being as successful as the Wii.
Still, I'm just saying that another Mario Kart title for the 3DS sounds heavily doubtful.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
So... the Nintendo Switch...
I don't feel excited, and I don't feel disappointed either, but something about this feels like we knew about this all along. The rumors were true I guess. There was also that Aikun Morphus X300 3D gaming tablet that had striking similarities to the rumors, but the idea in and of itself didn't impress me all that much initially. They had Zelda which looks to be identical in every way to the Wii U version just with this gimmick that doesn't adversely effect the gameplay itself. It somewhat confirms my suspicion that they're pretty much just milking it for sales. With the way they showed Mario Kart, I can certainly give them props for showing off the potential of an evolved form of couch co-op which is severely lacking in many multiplayer games nowadays. We're also getting the new 3D Mario that we haven't had in the same vain as 64/Sunshine/Galaxy/2 since 2010, but it sorta looks like it's merely a tech demo teaser which kinda made me think back to early gameplay footage of Galaxy. Apparently it's also getting a remastered Skyrim, but that game isn't really my cup of tea and didn't have that much fun with it. The new Splatoon seems to be a good response to feedback and criticisms towards the first game. I see the potential of it becoming a big thing if Nintendo really puts continued effort into it, but what they've shown so far in terms of games should be the bare minimum.

The only raw complaints I can come up with is that the name is pretty meh, the system looks ugly and I hope it's just the prototype design (though it's probably too late for that now), and the detachable controllers look like they can get lost really easily. I assume the NFC reader for amiibos will be inside the portable screen and that center piece on the detachable controller base. Also this may eliminate the possibility of backwards compatibility unless they make an external disc drive accessory, so that's sad to see as Nintendo has been really good with backwards compatibility in the past.

And GameXplain just uploaded a video detailing the detachable controllers are called Joycons and listed a bunch of third parties backing the system. Sadly this includes Konami though.

Nintendo, make this launch count. Show us you still have what it takes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Using game cards does have its pros though, as that can mean a longer lifespan than using game discs. It's too bad that based on the list of companies that'll develop games for the Nintendo Switch, it seems that any hope of seeing Crash Bandicoot remakes for the NS is pretty much out of the question. Then again, Crash Bandicoot was originally a PlayStation exclusive franchise.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I only have 3 concerns for the NS. How long is the battery life? How much space is on it? (assuming you can download games instead of buying cartridges). Lastly, is it comfortable to use?

The first and third question matter more to me than the second because those cartridges are already small and compact to take anywhere and store any place, so downloading games might not even be that important for the sake of convenience.

I'm a bit concerned about the size of the thing as a handheld. It seems a bit small to have split screen on.
The screen might probably be the same size as the Gamepad, so it's really the detachable parts that are small. I'd have to agree though, playing splitscreen might not be the best option. Also, I realized that 4 people could technically play if there are two NS systems; Splitscreen local /online multiplayer.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I only have 3 concerns for the NS. How long is the battery life? How much space is on it? (assuming you can download games instead of buying cartridges). Lastly, is it comfortable to use?

The first and third question matter more to me than the second because those cartridges are already small and compact to take anywhere and store any place, so downloading games might not even be that important for the sake of convenience.

The screen might probably be the same size as the Gamepad, so it's really the detachable parts that are small. I'd have to agree though, playing splitscreen might not be the best option. Also, I realized that 4 people could technically play if there are two NS systems; Splitscreen local /online multiplayer.
Multiple Switch forces Nintendo to improve their friend connectivity with their consoles. Something Nintendo is... quite pathetic in. Looks like they changed their priorities though. And this is a good point.

Also, can we talk about how this gorgeous new Mario game has multiplayer (the two women playing against/with each other??) and that it possibly means Rosalina once again in a main game. I mean, there was a huge planet above this... Mexican town!
Moreover, the game looks like a mix of all its predecessors (sans Sunshine, I'd say), and it sounds terrific.
Can't get the idea out of my head that Rosalina will necessarily be in this.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Also, can we talk about how this gorgeous new Mario game has multiplayer (the two women playing against/with each other??) and that it possibly means Rosalina once again in a main game. I mean, there was a huge planet above this... Mexican town!
Moreover, the game looks like a mix of all its predecessors (sans Sunshine, I'd say), and it sounds terrific.
That new Mario game really does look like a mix of previous Mario games. 64's & Sunshine's open exploration, Mario Galaxy's physics, and the visuals of Super Mario 3D World all rolled into one. By the way, I did notice the amiibo and there's probably amiibo functionality with the new Mario game. They could be used to play as other characters or something. I'd want to play as Rosalina, or anyone else really (besides Luigi since he's always there).

Plus, with the multiplayer, this could be the true 2-player Mario Galaxy game people wanted.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
That new Mario game really does look like a mix of previous Mario games. 64's & Sunshine's open exploration, Mario Galaxy's physics, and the visuals of Super Mario 3D World all rolled into one. By the way, I did notice the amiibo and there's probably amiibo functionality with the new Mario game. They could be used to play as other characters or something. I'd want to play as Rosalina, or anyone else really (besides Luigi since he's always there).

Plus, with the multiplayer, this could be the true 2-player Mario Galaxy game people wanted.
Exactly what I believe and hope to see. They can't do such a game and ruin it with two playable Toads alongside Mario and Luigi. However, they can perfect it with Mario, Luigi, Peach an Rosie.
Mmh. I'm perhaps hoping too much. Sports Superstars would be good enough I guess.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Too bad this was released on a freaking Thurdsay. Friday would've been a perfect day for that, but beggars can't be chooser. And about that new Mario game, are you guys talking about this?

Capture.PNG
Essential.PNG

I hope that Rosalina will be in this game. It seems that they're using something you'd expect out of Unreal Engine 4. I gotta say, it seems pretty realistic for a Mario game. Guys, imagine playing as her in this HD structure that plays similiar to Super Mario Sunshine and Mario Galaxy. I could think of Mario running through the Mushroom Kingdom, Luigi sneaking around a haunted mansion, Peach strolling peacefully around her castle, Yoshi in his island, Bowser reigning in his castle, and Rosalina soaring the vast cosmos. I imagine all that in this game, and I really hope that Mario isn't the only playable character. Also, no Rosalina amiibo on shelf? SMH.

I think this may have story or plot elements to it, and maybe could be as deep like Super Mario Galaxy is. It released in March 2017, which is not that far to be honest, though we would have to wait an entire winter. Also, I agree with this game having amiibo functions since we can see them on the table, plus it being functional and portable really represents the Wii U and 3DS well. This game looks like it has so much potential to it, also seemingly a mix as well. One can only hope for the best. Though, there's gotta be an extraordinary name for this. Mario Switch? That'll sound weird.

That huge planet seems more of a moon. Also, if Rosalina was in this game then that would be perfect. I mean, who wouldn't want to play as a giant woman who can fly, teleport, and other celestial magic?

Holy!!!

Maybe not MK9 but MK8 is getting fixeeeeeeeeddddd
I think that's supposed to be Mario Kart 9, which reused some of Mario Kart 8's assets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom