• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How is the last wave of Smash amiibo gonna be "rare"?

No amiibo are that rare anymore, at least not new releases.

Ryu, Lucas, and Roy were the last Smash ones to come out and they are still readily available.

Lucas and Roy are incredibly obscure characters too, who haven't been relevant to much outside of Smash Bros. Cloud is an icon, Corrin is a recent and fairly well known Nintendo character (Fates sold very well, plus his appearance in Smash), and Bayonetta may not be a huge icon, but she's not too obscure and has a fan following.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Well, maybe not rare now but they could be rare if we were to have scalphers and stores barely restocking them. Anything can be rare, under certain circumstances, like Rosalina's. But those shouldn't happen. Maybe they LOOK rare, or something like that I don't know but anything goes.

Is it bad that I once thought Bayonetta was actually stronger than Rosalina(due to the fact she came from an M rated game and they make her look so strong)? She literally destroyed Jubileus AND Aesir, who are the Bayonetta God/Creator, but hey, first impressions can leave you pondering at times. But we all know Rosalina is the strongest Nintendo, cause she has full potential of a god and whatnot.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, maybe not rare now but they could be rare if we were to have scalphers and stores barely restocking them. Anything can be rare, under certain circumstances, like Rosalina's. But those shouldn't happen. Maybe they LOOK rare, or something like that I don't know but anything goes.

Is it bad that I once thought Bayonetta was actually stronger than Rosalina(due to the fact she came from an M rated game and they make her look so strong)? She literally destroyed Jubileus AND Aesir, who are the Bayonetta God/Creator, but hey, first impressions can leave you pondering at times. But we all know Rosalina is the strongest Nintendo, cause she has full potential of a god and whatnot.
Scalpers are barely a thing with amiibo anymore, and the ones still trying aren't making sales. amiibo just don't have that same value anymore because Nintendo produces way more of them these days.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Scalpers are barely a thing with amiibo anymore, and the ones still trying aren't making sales. amiibo just don't have that same value anymore because Nintendo produces way more of them these days.
That's good, because no one really want having to wait for the amiibos like last time. I've seen some people having to wait for the Mario series line-up since the Smash was pretty rare. We saw how painful that was, but goodness it's a different road this time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nowadays you'd be lucky to find at least one Super Smash Bros. amiibo; I've mostly seen Kirby series amiibo and Animal Crossing amiibo at my local retail stores.

Also, Disney Infinity pretty much flew the coop at my local Target store, not that it matters for me, since I've never been interested in it to begin with.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Nowadays you'd be lucky to find at least one Super Smash Bros. amiibo; I've mostly seen Kirby series amiibo and Animal Crossing amiibo at my local retail stores.

Also, Disney Infinity pretty much flew the coop at my local Target store, not that it matters for me, since I've never been interested in it to begin with.
Hey remember Skylanders? Yeah me neither.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I meant in Smash Bros
Odd enough, I actually had never really played Smash 64 or PM. But I still add them anyway.
And my main chart on my sig is slightly outdated. I don't really main Link, Toon Link and Kirby anymore. So far my mains are Cloud, Mario, Rosalina, Shulk and Ike. Secondaries are Roy, Lucina, Mr.G and W ,Sonic,Dark Pit and Villager.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Odd enough, I actually had never really played Smash 64 or PM. But I still add them anyway.
And my main chart on my sig is slightly outdated. I don't really main Link, Toon Link and Kirby anymore. So far my mains are Cloud, Mario, Rosalina, Shulk and Ike. Secondaries are Roy, Lucina, Mr.G and W ,Sonic,Dark Pit and Villager.
Mine just represents the mains and secondaries that I have in Smash 4 (minus Pit and Pitoo). The characters that I mained in Brawl were MK and Pit, and I had a Lucario, Samus/ZSS, and a little bit of Ganondorf as secondaries. I gave up ZSS after a while in Smash 4 (not because of the nerf), and I still use Ganondorf, but only in customs or for fun now. Back in Brawl I was the definition of a casual. When I saw a tier list, I was like "Hey what's this? It looks so weird, but Meta Knight's on top! Heck yeah. Why is ____ so much higher/lower than ____ though?" I pretty much only played on my custom stages as well with all items on high, and of course, I used a Wii remote. I first started getting into competitive Smash after Apex 2015 when I saw all these characters and people and how well they played and I just went on from there. I don't know when I first realized what a tier list was, though it was definitly before Smash 4.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So does anyone have predictions or guesses for how Rosalina will fare in the upcoming Mario Sports Superstars game? Or just the game and other characters in general?

That's right. I really love it too.
I'd like to know the name of your character, if you don't mind. She seems pretty intriguing to me. It seems that she is from a Zelda game, in my opinion.

And speaking of profile pictures, I feel like I should change mine, but yet again, I'm comfortable with an Italian Mama Lisa...

----------------------------------------------------------

We need more celestial mommys here.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'd like to know the name of your character, if you don't mind. She seems pretty intriguing to me. It seems that she is from a Zelda game, in my onion.
Aerith Gainsborough from Final Fantasy VII. One of my favorites in that game and the reason why I main Cloud in Smash.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
As i stated before , i believe Rosalina will get new animations for golfing because her new sports dress exists as well to change Kerri Kane for Laura Faye Smith.

I would like to know if Rosalina will use her want to bat in Baseball or will do it like all the other characters.

My guess is that she will bat like everybody else judgin how characters like DK , who used to hit the ball with his fist , is holding a normal bat this time around , so i dont expect unique treatment for others including Rosalina other than floating.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Someone made another mod for Rosalina. This time, it's her Super Mario version without the Smash features and etc.

http://gamebanana.com/skins/150130

I look at this as Smash Rosalina VS Canon Rosalina, except the non-smash Rosalina has Smash powers. Is it me or does the non-smash Rosalina looks a bit better? It looks so amazing, though I think the sleeves' ends could use some adjustments.

EDIT: Made an account on the website. Now I can comment and stuff! ^-^

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It looks really good for such a simple change.

I think it's because Smash made her dress more blue than green.

Her actual dress is in between , but Most games have it a tad green-ish while in Smash it looks more blue-ish.

The higher saturation in the hair is also appreaciated.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Someone made another mod for Rosalina. This time, it's her Super Mario version without the Smash features and etc.

I look at this as Smash Rosalina VS Canon Rosalina, except the non-smash Rosalina has Smash powers. Is it me or does the non-smash Rosalina looks a bit better? It looks so amazing, though I think the sleeves' ends could use some adjustments.

I never actually noticed the difference for some reason. Poor observation skills on my part.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Pretty amazing stuff. They even changed her eye color too, which I didn't notice until now.

Last edited:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374

The latter looks stellar.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Isn't it that Spyro game featuring Donkey Kong?
Since when was Spyro in a Skylanders game? The closest thing I could find is this ugly *** purple looking thing piece of ****.
Placed in a spoiler so nobody has to see how gross-looking this "thing" is.
Here's a Pretty Rosalina pic in case you need to purify your eyes from that.

http://freekaboo.deviantart.com/art/going-home-636388390
Aerith Gainsborough from Final Fantasy VII. One of my favorites in that game and the reason why I main Cloud in Smash.
My brother still calls her Aeris. I guess he's not wrong technically, since that's based on the Japanese translation. We only have the OG NA PS1 version of FFVII at the moment.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Since when was Spyro in a Skylanders game? The closest thing I could find is this ugly *** purple looking thing piece of ****.
Placed in a spoiler so nobody has to see how gross-looking this "thing" is.
Here's a Pretty Rosalina pic in case you need to purify your eyes from that.

http://freekaboo.deviantart.com/art/going-home-636388390

My brother still calls her Aeris. I guess he's not wrong technically, since that's based on the Japanese translation. We only have the OG NA PS1 version of FFVII at the moment.
Aww... But Spyro is just so cute! He's like a wittle kiddie to me, and I remember playing a Spyro game once. I forgot what it was. As for the picture, maybe you didn't like the way he was drawn in that image?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's how the game introduced me to her under that name, not knowing that it's actually Aerith. I heard it was a typing error though.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Aww... But Spyro is just so cute! He's like a wittle kiddie to me, and I remember playing a Spyro game once. I forgot what it was. As for the picture, maybe you didn't like the way he was drawn in that image?
That ain't Spyro. This is Spyro.

A classic, charming, powerful, memorable little dragon with some cuteness thrown in there for good measure (especially in the Japanese cover art where they tried to make him as totes adorbs as possible). Activision just thought with the license that they could just use him as a marketing ploy for their toys-to-life product. Then they just threw him by the wayside when they felt he served their purpose enough. I'd say it's as good a time as any to remaster his original trilogy just like Crash is now so these beloved icons are given the spotlight they deserve once again. And hopefully a brighter future to come.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've read something that states that the first three Crash Bandicoot titles will be remade. It's too bad that these so called remakes are only being made for the PS4, much like how the Crash and Cortex Skylanders figures are only compatible with the PlayStation consoles.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Gameplay of Rosalina in Balloon Bash and Winning.

I need to get this game. They are slowly going back to the traditional Rosalina portrayal.
Notice how she wins and slowly says ''Yey'' and when she gets a Star Rush is ''Alright!''.
More new voice clips for the win!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I got out early today so I pulled out my popcorn and finally saw "He who must not be named."
Again, don't really care much about that loser... he even fails to be a troll in the Nintendo community.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Again, don't really care much about that loser... he even fails to be a troll in the Nintendo community.
I honestly am curious about him now, that he was bought up. I hope he changed his views on Rosalina and Nintendo stuff, and accept them as any normal person would. If not, then oh well. Just a matter of wonders to see if a person can truly change or stay the same.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
I honestly am curious about him now, that he was bought up. I hope he changed his views on Rosalina and Nintendo stuff, and accept them as any normal person would. If not, then oh well. Just a matter of wonders to see if a person can truly change or stay the same.
I highly doubt it. He's the same guy that bought 100 Rosalina amiibos so other people wouldn't get it.
Like Swift said, ignore and move on. Besides, I eat people like him for breakfast.
I would have loved to see you wreck that Dr. Mario.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
On a different matter, who are you guys gonna be for Halloween? If you plan to dress for the Holiday that is.

You guys could enter the giveaway contest if you want a free costume.

Top Bottom