• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I finally got a new phone called Redmi Note 3 pro. So much to say it is a really good phone for it's budget. But I kind of regret of updating it's MIUI. Because there were minor things that didn't function normally, like it's eye protection mode. I have to close the screen and open in order to make it function.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Now that I think about it, I've been noticing previous pictures gone missing as well. In the old thread and this one too, but I do hope they can be restored as soon as possible.

At least we can still post videos, so that's a positive.

Also, I think it's possible we can just post links to images for now.

http://s1.zerochan.net/Super.Mario.Galaxy.600.1834688.jpg

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Found this surfing around the net ; I love it so much , this is how you do custom renders , it totally makes me want to improve my render abilities in the future lol

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Online maintenance for SSB4 is happening on Sunday (or Monday if you live in the Europe) for about 2 hours. So it seems like another update is coming (at least I think so).

I'm not surprised if this is an update since the current version doesn't support the Bayonetta, Cloud, and Corrin amiibo (data miners have found incomplete data for them). Do you guys expect anything major from this update, or is it just for additional amiibo support like I mentioned?

By the way, I remember they said online tourneys would be discontinued someday, but I don't know when.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Reminder that the new Rosalina amiibo releases in Europe this coming Friday.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Ah yeah, this. I kinda forgot. I'll try to get it the week after, when I'll have the time.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Online maintenance for SSB4 is happening on Sunday (or Monday if you live in the Europe) for about 2 hours. So it seems like another update is coming (at least I think so).

I'm not surprised if this is an update since the current version doesn't support the Bayonetta, Cloud, and Corrin amiibo (data miners have found incomplete data for them). Do you guys expect anything major from this update, or is it just for additional amiibo support like I mentioned?

By the way, I remember they said online tourneys would be discontinued someday, but I don't know when.
I don't expect anything major. Since the big hype is for the NX and more attention are drawn to that. But it would just be additonal amiibo support. It would be nice to see Bayonetta amiibo in use for her game.

It's a shame us Americans gets nothing for now while we look at the European flash their new amiibos, especially Rosalina. Nonetheless, I'm happy for them. I would like to hear your inputs on what you will be doing with 3 of the amiibos. I think I should be asking this to everyone in the Amiibo thread but I will eventually. If someone doesn't ask it, that is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I might just buy 2 for now.

1 to open as normal, and 1 to keep in the box as part of my Rosalina collection.

Then when I actually feel like making custom amiibo, I will buy a third for that.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Hey guys, have you ever wonder what a real life statue of Rosalina would look like? Like in real life? It would be very cool if we get to see an actual life sized Rosalina model, and wonder just how taller she is than you or how you can proudly match or exceed her height of 7'7. Or better yet, an enhanced version of Rosalina as a giantess at the end of Super Mario Galaxy 1. Imagine having the statue in your backyard...

I just got a custom Rosa black amiibo! It's so cool!
Oh really? That's amazing! If I may ask, is it black and gold or just black?

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Hey guys, have you ever wonder what a real life statue of Rosalina would look like? Like in real life? It would be very cool if we get to see an actual life sized Rosalina model, and wonder just how taller she is than you or how you can proudly match or exceed her height of 7'7. Or better yet, an enhanced version of Rosalina as a giantess at the end of Super Mario Galaxy 1. Imagine having the statue in your backyard...

Oh really? That's amazing! If I may ask, is it black and gold or just black?
Black with the gold stars, and thanks! The crown is even silver.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
A real life statue of Rosalina in my front porch would make me appreciate life even more.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A real life statue of Rosalina in my front porch would make me appreciate life even more.
Or an Japanese anime quality figure of her would be good. It is not impossible.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
This figure is wonderful.
I... Want it. Now.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
New Super Mario chocolate egg figurine's in Japan. And for some reason Rosalina has metal legs.
http://imgur.com/a/ucIpA
Goddess Rosalina.jpg

She probably got metal legs to emphasize on the fact that her legs is extremely powerful that if she were to kick someone with her shin, they'd be launch straight outta the universe, not surprising though. Still no news of new outfits for her (by that, I mean an alternate to her tennis dress with another outfit which could have pants instead of shorts)... If it's not coming then, it's pretty much inevitable for her to get a winter olympic outfit the next few years (but that's far away, so).

Also, chocolate egg? Is it Easter or something? I still like the idea of new Mario figures though, which could give us chances at making customs for Rosalina's sport dress if we wanted to.

Also it really bothers me they actually fill spots up with 3 Marios and 2 Luigis
Yeah, they're basically the Gary Stus of merchandise. They could've easily replace the extra Marios and Luigis with other sporters like Birdo and Daisy.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Thats because offical media never depicts her as such , the usual description for Rosalina is always about being mysterious.

same with Daisy being ''a bit of a tomboy''.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Here's a recently uploaded video of Star Rush.

Goddess Rosalina.jpg

Huh, didn't know that Rosalina has a part-time job as a clerk in the power-ups store. This game is so quirky, I swear. Also, we're gonna get 3D amiibos in-game like in Mario Party 10 for that amiibo mode.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I need more 2D art from Nintendo like this.
OK but I have to point out how her left arm is really out of proportion here. It's way too thin compared to other games and compared to her left arm in this same picture (the main artwork, that is).

But other than that, yes, 2D Rosalina is great.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Someone is gonna get Mario Tennis Ultra Smash for me apparently , and while im not the biggest fan of that game , im a bit excited to play Tennis as Rosalina.

Im also relieved that Rosalina is part of Sports SuperStars lineup , so will get more Sports to play as her.

I just wish the former had Friend lobbies , it would be neat to play with friends online but not even that was adressed.

I also wonder if Rosalina will keep her dress from World Tour for the Golf parts in Sports SuperStars.

If she doesnt , then that means she will either get new animations or a new model with the same animations.

My bet would be new animations because Rosalina played Golf with her wand , and i dont think it would be good looking to use it while wearing her sports dress.

She will most likely get new stuff , along with an updated voice set considering World Tour used Kerri Kane.

Cannot wait to see all of it.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I also wonder if Rosalina will keep her dress from World Tour for the Golf parts in Sports SuperStars.

If she doesnt , then that means she will either get new animations or a new model with the same animations.

My bet would be new animations because Rosalina played Golf with her wand , and i dont think it would be good looking to use it while wearing her sports dress.

She will most likely get new stuff , along with an updated voice set considering World Tour used Kerri Kane.

Cannot wait to see all of it.
I think Rosalina will keep her dress for golf in Sports SuperStars. I assume this because based on what I see, they reused animations for other characters in golf. It would just be easier to use pre-existing assets, so I see the same happening for Rosalina. If they were to change or add anything, I think they'd change victory animations, like when you get a Birdie or Albatross.

As for her voice, I don't know why but I get the feeling that they'll reuse some voice clips from Kerri Kane in World Tour.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I honestly see them completely changing her model and animations.

While Nintendo reuses assets , they also like to update things here and there so it blends as good as possible.

Like in Ultra Smash , the icons when you are in a match are from Mario Golf World Tour Select Screen , and Camelot bothered to retouch the little Rosalina icon so the one in Tennis has a collar to match her tennis outfit.

The game is still early in development , so i think things may change as we haven't seen Rosalina playing Golf yet.

It's also extremely unlikely , and i mean EXTREMELY unlikely , to reuse Kerri Kane from World Tour as the Rosalina voice actress flip flop has ended since at least 4 games ago. Every present game will feature Laura Faye Smith as she has stayed and Nintendo is very well aware of this now.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
The new Rosalina amiibo looks on point.

Also these came in yesterday:
Jeez, people are already spoiling the Amiibo everywhere, youtubes, websites and etc. I knew that they would do this... Just like someone did in the amiibo thread, despite my complaints, I feel happy for them. Even if it seems I'm not, I am. I'm gonna pre-order the amiibo or buy it (if it's out) before watching those.

Though, I do question why they don't make certain character taller or shorter. Using Rosalina for example, she'd be the towering goddess out of the mortals at an astounding height.

And there are some pictures taken already.

The game is still early in development , so i think things may change as we haven't seen Rosalina playing Golf yet.
That gives us hope to see if Rosalina will be getting a new outfit for this game. Besides, getting a new outfit would make her fashion prowess more interesting and unique (not that it isn't already), and would look more fitting for the other active sports.

Last edited:
Top Bottom