• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think that Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta were ever announced to receive amiibo figurines. Something tells me that they'll be the only Smash 3DS / Wii U fighters to not have their own amiibo.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I don't think that Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta were ever announced to receive amiibo figurines. Something tells me that they'll be the only Smash 3DS / Wii U fighters to not have their own amiibo.
Nope, they announced their amiibos during the final broadcast.
But seriously, they aren't ready yet? Jeez, Nintendo is taking it easy lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nope, they announced their amiibos during the final broadcast.
But seriously, they aren't ready yet? Jeez, Nintendo is taking it easy lol
It's always possible that they've been cancelled, especially considering that the Wii U is nearing the end of its lifespan. And of course, there is the copyright dilemma involving Square Enix and the use of Cloud.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's always possible that they've been cancelled, especially considering that the Wii U is nearing the end of its lifespan. And of course, there is the copyright dilemma involving Square Enix and the use of Cloud.
amiibo aren't ending with the Wii U.

3DS supports them too, and the NX is practically guaranteed to. They've also been talking about putting amiibo features in their mobile phone games.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
amiibo aren't ending with the Wii U.

3DS supports them too, and the NX is practically guaranteed to. They've also been talking about putting amiibo features in their mobile phone games.
The Super Smash Bros. amiibo series is apparently over if the remaining three DLC fighters aren't being advertised though. Nintendo has already moved ahead to the Breath of the Wild amiibo collection, and not once has Nintendo advertised Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta getting their own amiibo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Super Smash Bros. amiibo series is apparently over if the remaining three DLC fighters aren't being advertised though. Nintendo has already moved ahead to the Breath of the Wild amiibo collection, and not once has Nintendo advertised Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta getting their own amiibo.
They did confirm them.

It's most likely the NX is getting a Smash Wii U port so my guess is they will launch these 3 amiibo with that.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If Nintendo cancelled development on them, they would've still said something about it instead of keeping everyone guessing.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hey Tino, I just noticed your avatar/sig change, and I must say I'm digging it. Trying to get back into Yu-Gi-Oh with a Dark Magician deck, though I'm taking my time since not all the support for the deck is out yet.
Yu-Gi-Oh! was the best thing that's ever happened to me while growing up. :)
I plan to get a Blue-Eyes deck myself since I already have a Dark Magician deck though I still plan to look more of those on Amazon soon. Did you know there's gonna be a new Yu-Gi-Oh! movie coming out next year?

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Yu-Gi-Oh! was the best thing that's ever happened to me while growing up. :)
I plan to get a Blue-Eyes deck myself since I already have a Dark Magician deck though I still plan to look more of those on Amazon soon. Did you know there's gonna be a new Yu-Gi-Oh! movie coming out next year?
Oh yeah, with the original English voice actors for Yugi (Dan Green) and Kaiba (Eric Stuart) returning. Plus, the animation looks crisp as all out. I can't wait.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh yeah, with the original English voice actors for Yugi (Dan Green) and Kaiba (Eric Stuart) returning. Plus, the animation looks crisp as all out. I can't wait.
It does look gorgeous indeed. And it's awesome that Yugi and Kaiba's voice actors returned to reprise their roles for the film. I remember there was a video on YouTube that featured the two of them performing their lines on that Yugi vs. Kaiba duel.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
It does look gorgeous indeed. And it's awesome that Yugi and Kaiba's voice actors returned to reprise their roles for the film. I remember there was a video on YouTube that featured the two of them performing their lines on that Yugi vs. Kaiba duel.
https://youtu.be/AQG1kz1L5iw

Ya mean this one? =P

edit: Also, I love how both Dan and Stuart go full-on ham during the duel. They're clearly having the time of their lives =)

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Blue-Eyes has had decent support for years, but they're apparently a top-tier deck now. (Kaiba would be proud)

While I'm ecstatic the Dark Magician is finally getting some great support with more on the way (Eternal Soul, Apprentice Illusion Magician) I'm sad they spread them out so thinly.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I do happen to have a Blue-Eyes White Dragon card in my collection but it's not the official artwork like the one Kaiba has, which I'm still hoping to get but I don't know if I plan to get three of them. (Kaiba sure likes to be the best duelist in the world).

And I'm also waiting for those Dark Magician ones too. I also have my eyes set on those Yugi and Kaiba Mega-Tin boxes but I'm gonna hold off until my next paycheck.

I'm gonna wait until the movie comes out to get The Dark Side of Dimensions pack.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I was playing Mario Kart 8 yesterday there were those "racing moments" I've encountered. I won't spoil it.

Though I don't have any particular vehicle I'm much interested in, beside the Mercedes Benz cars since it gives her a modern look, I've been more likely to use Rosalina racing in karts lately where I used to have her use bikes alot. Just seeing her gown looks really elegant, and of course for a while there were some differences. When Rosalina wears her gown, her hair looks smaller as her body seems more larger were her arms seems more bigger while in her biker suit she appears more thinner but her hair looks longer.

Also, I do have to ask... I can certainly feel like we may get a Rosalina game soon, at least for the NX. I'd read the old's thread posts sometimes and learn and experience from it, so I saw some of your ideas of a new Rosalina game such as Gravity Rush, an RPG or (which I think is the best imo) story-driven. Yes, Rosalina is a complex character and we never even saw how she got her powers and there are still things Nintendo could be hiding something about her from us and don't want us to know. Yet, at least. Til then, we continue to do what we normally do and I reading the past posts.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I haven't touched Mario Kart 8 since last December. I can pretty much say though, that my Rosalina + Biddybuggy habits did start out when I first played the demo version. Of course, I had to use the Roller tires instead of the Azure Roller tires, but at least their stats are the same.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I honestly wont hold my breath for that game anytime soon.

While i do agree Rosalina is an important main character , she somehow fails to tie with Mario the way other characters do , like Yoshi or Peach.

Her amount of appearences also seem kinda off , with most still being low tier party games with terrible voice portrayal. So she isnt exactly inserted enough in the main universe enough as her true self to have her own game. 3 main games only , with 2 being actually relevant and the other is just a cameo basically.

Besides , as far as i know , Rosalina's background and story is long dead after it was first introduced , and now that Baby Rosalina is a thing , we can tell nobody gives a damn anymore. They would just have to come out with something new for her , and unless somebody at Nintendo has it as a priority , i wouldnt count on it. Nintendo isnt really too flexible with how much characters have individual spotlight , with most of it having Mario AND mor Mario and occasionally Luigi , Peach and the common limited line of characters.

Instead of a highly unlikely ''Rosalina game'' , i would be realistic and expect the 3rd game of the Galaxy series , in which she has high chances of appearing and even playing an even bigger role now that she is better known.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>People think "Rosalina doesn't have enough appearances or significance as a character to justify having her own game"
>Yoshi was a power-up in his first appearance, immediately got his own game after that AND got put into the first Smash Bros
>Wario was a boss in his debut game and immediately got his own game after that, now has two franchises where he is the titular character
>Neither of the above characters were well fleshed out in their first appearances, they were just very run-of-the-mill archetypes (cute dinosaur friend, and ugly and wicked strong bad guy)
>Rosalina debuted with the most fleshed out backstory and development of any Mario character (arguably more than most Nintendo characters in general TBH), generally still appears in most big titles, is officially recognised as one of the most beloved Mario characters, gets top billing in a lot of games, has been PLAYABLE in a main series game, and is in Smash Bros, now has nearly a decade of proven appeal and popularity
>"doesn't deserve her own game"
>mfw

rosalina_shrug.png

Rosalina feeling so different to other Mario characters and breaking the trend so much is all the more reason for her to deserve her own game/franchise. There is so much potential for the character that she will never reach by just being in Mario games. Yoshi and Wario never had this problem, their characters are so simple that they never really needed their own games to flesh out their characters. They got their own games to expand on concepts from their debut games, and nothing else, and got their popularity in coming years after their own games already came out.

Rosalina has the "expand on gameplay concepts from her debut game" angle just as much as Wario and Yoshi did. Galaxy focused on having that "space" level design with gravity play, and using Lumas to help you do things. These two things are already tied to Rosalina so they would be the perfect basis to make her game from. Then on top of that, she has tons of potential from a writing standpoint, and that near-decade worth of proven appeal and popularity.

It's asinine to me that people still think she "doesn't deserve" her own game. Most characters in big gaming franchises that get their own spin-off don't have NEAR the level of proven pedigree that Rosalina now has when they get it, both in the context of their respective franchise fandoms, and just in the context of the general public. Not to mention in the context of their general use to date as a character. The only ones that I can think of that even come close to the kind of pedigree Rosalina now has, when they got their spin-off games, are Shadow the Hedgehog, Zero (Mega Man X), and Roxas (Kingdom Hearts). Even some of those are stretching it (Zero is the only one I can say with confidence).

Besides , as far as i know , Rosalina's background and story is long dead after it was first introduced , and now that Baby Rosalina is a thing , we can tell nobody gives a damn anymore.
....No?

Where does this idea that "Rosalina's backstory has been retconned" come from?

Smash Bros even directly references it.

Just because they don't reference it every single game, doesn't mean it's been retconned.

It's called her "backstory" for a reason. It's in her past. It does not need to be referenced every single game or bio.

It's like how Shadow's backstory with Maria, Gerald Robotnik, Black Doom, and the ARK, aren't really referenced in Sonic games anymore. It's in his past and is no longer relevant to the stories of Sonic games, so they don't bring it up much, only in special games like Generations (which is a celebration of the history of the Sonic franchise and it's characters).

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
When talking about Baby Rosalina, the main concern about her are her hairs being platinum blonde instead of red, but to me it is more her round proportions, as she eventually got blonde hairs at the end of the book, but always had slender proportions.
But when I think back about her, I come to think that Baby Rosalina might not be the one in the storybook, as she looks younger than there, however she had red hairs before that story, and that is why I got to think that Baby Rosalina actually belongs to a time that is later than the storybook, and possibly even later than her adult protrayal.
What makes me think this is the aging process of the Turritopsis dohrnii, otherwise known as immortal jellyfish
This particular jellyfish, once his body reaches the end of his lifespan, he ages backward to his polyp stage
If Rosalina didn't just conveniently stop aging after reaching the appearence she has now, but instead continued aging and cycling her appearence back and forth, that would explain how she looks younger than her storybook self but retains her blonde hairs.
I'm probably overthinking this and Baby Rosalina was just an excuse to copypaste Baby Peach's model, but there are just so many references that we often overlook, case on point, Samurai put in the game the ability to turn into a white-azure trail of light from the storybook

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Honestly , we all know Baby Rosalina is a pretty lazy character that was literally put last into Mario Kart 8 to fill a space.
There's no point to explain her , but we can still point out how she doesn't relate to Rosalina's background at all , which again , her whole appearence makes it look like they just didn't care and put her in the game to fill a spot , which is clearly the case ; This is the same character revealed alongside a Peach clone , so there's no point into making it a discussion , because the answers are simple.

They even tried so hard to pull her apart from Baby Peach by filtering her voice , which makes no sense if we go in actual line with the actual adult Rosalina.

The thing is , that It's just sad to see , as it is so obvious she is an excuse to fill a spot , and one that nobody likes tbh.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Regarding Baby Rosalina, I explained my reasoning a while back (TL:DR - It's Mario's fault).

In other news, apparently there is an enjoyable show on Nick called Loud House. I wouldn't know, but apparent Rosalina looks like one of the characters, so she was drawn in the style on Miiverse:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0e-N5w5mw

Reminds me of her Super Mario Kun design with that grin of hers.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Frankly, I don't care about The Loud House. Nowadays, the only program that I've been watching on Nick is the Ninja Turtles.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Frankly, I don't care about The Loud House. Nowadays, the only program that I've been watching on Nick is the Ninja Turtles.
The Loud House is alright every once in a while, but TMNT is fantastic. I'm surprised by how much I ended up liking it, considering I didn't care about TMNT back when I was I kid. All in all, it's a great show.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Nickelodeon, eh? Back in the day there were shows that I enjoyed watching such as Danny Phantom and Avatar: The Last Airbender. Whenever any of those shows come on, I would tune in to that channel and watch those. I didn't care about the other shows in there, not even SpongeBob. Now, I don't watch anything on Nick anymore because it's a thing of the past now.

And then there's Cartoon Network, which was my main channel where I enjoyed watching shows like The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Codename: Kids Next Door and the DC Comic shows like Justice League and Teen Titans. But now, like Nick, it's a thing of the past now.

Fast forward from 2010 to the present, I now watch shows like CSI, Law & Order, NCIS, Criminal Minds and all that other crime solving shows and comedy sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, which I rarely pay any attention to these days. My days of watching cartoon shows has come to an end.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
TMNT is amazing for what I've seen, but The Loud House has been able to work and be creative with a simple idea, a Skill that modern Spongebob lost. It is particularly important when thinking that for a good while, as CN's programs were rising, Nick went more and more downhill. With CN's having pearls both now and then, however, I think it's hard to imagine Nick being able to catch-up for his dark period.
Also CN often got me thinking about the ever-present drama of YJ and who was the best between it and TT.
I never fully understood the arguments in favor of YJ, besides
everybody who gets asked this said:
TT is 5 kidz and YJ iz 5 young adultz
Guess I'm never going to find the actual answer, but I'd really like if they made another show like this and actually finished it, instead of abruptly interrupt them(giving a proper end to them works too obv)

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Nickelodeon, eh? Back in the day there were shows that I enjoyed watching such as Danny Phantom and Avatar: The Last Airbender. Whenever any of those shows come on, I would tune in to that channel and watch those. I didn't care about the other shows in there, not even SpongeBob. Now, I don't watch anything on Nick anymore because it's a thing of the past now.

And then there's Cartoon Network, which was my main channel where I enjoyed watching shows like The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Codename: Kids Next Door and the DC Comic shows like Justice League and Teen Titans. But now, like Nick, it's a thing of the past now.

Fast forward from 2010 to the present, I now watch shows like CSI, Law & Order, NCIS, Criminal Minds and all that other crime solving shows and comedy sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, which I rarely pay any attention to these days. My days of watching cartoon shows has come to an end.
Cartoon Network certainly has seen better days (I'm looking at you, Teen Toddlers Go), but there is one show still broadcasted that is my absolute favorite: Steven Universe.

Never has a piece of entertainment impacted me like this whimsically charming one-of-a-kind show. The characters are distinct, relatable and full of personality and charm (Amethyst being my favorite, though Peridot is endlessly entertaining). The backgrounds are beautifully drawn and full of color. The music is some of the best on TV right now. The interwoven storyline is intriguing and constantly has you guessing as to what could happen next. There's a reason this show has such an enormous and dedicated fanbase; it's one of the best programs out there today.

But hey, that's just my two cents.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
^Since I hadn't seen CN in a while I can't tell for sure, but I chose to catch up on AT instead that. I didn't finish it but I can easily tell why it is considered the best, sometimes behind Steen Universe. Even considering some stuff like Mr. Pickles, King Star King and TTG, I overall think that CN reached his apex now, thanks to these two and other shows

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I used to enjoy Spongebob. Hell, I actually like Spongebob episodes that are before 2007. I'm sure that was Spongebob's golden age. And most of them are still funny to watch.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Rosalina's new ads in Sports Superstars
Galaxy☆Cruise and ✦Rosalina Tennis School✦

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Rosalina's new ads in Sports Superstars
Galaxy☆Cruise and ✦Rosalina Tennis School✦
The pics are pretty small.
And when does Rosalina have a tennis school? Speaking of tennis school, I pick tennis as my college PE course. I want either badminton or football(soccer) though. But football has the same time of my other course while badminton was full.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
And when does Rosalina have a tennis school? Speaking of tennis school, I pick tennis as my college PE course. I want either badminton or football(soccer) though. But football has the same time of my other course while badminton was full.
Nintendo pretty much puts flavor in these games by creating fictional brands that sometimes have nothing to do with the characters , just to make the game envoirment look more creative and make the player get ''inside'' the universe of Mario.

Though , it surprises me they used Tennis to advertise Rosalina. She is not a veteran to the sport in Mario so it doesn't relate to me, but as i said , its fictional like Dry Bowser Motors ... when did he got his own brand of motors? Well ... fiction.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
That sounds like my kind of school.

I wonder how strict a teacher she is.

Although I didn't mention this, I used to mess around with 3D Blender, 3DS Max, Autodesk Maya, etc. I wanna comment on the position of Rosalina's hand in this, it could be improved. I feel that moving her hand higher up near her waist, turning her hand to face forward a bit, and moving the thumb slightly back could really make it look like she's holding her hip. With her other hand in a fist, the thumb could be curled in to make a better fist.

Just my two cents.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Had to take them out of the Direct and it took me ten minutes to understand what was written for "Tennis School" so yeah they're really small

That sounds like my kind of school.

I wonder how strict a teacher she is.

Will this sport game follow this sassy Rosalina from Star Rush?
Because I really love her

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Although I didn't mention this, I used to mess around with 3D Blender, 3DS Max, Autodesk Maya, etc. I wanna comment on the position of Rosalina's hand in this, it could be improved. I feel that moving her hand higher up near her waist, turning her hand to face forward a bit, and moving the thumb slightly back could really make it look like she's holding her hip. With her other hand in a fist, the thumb could be curled in to make a better fist.

Just my two cents.
It was just a quick pose as a joke so I wasn't going for perfection.

Her hand isn't supposed to be in a fist, actually. It's just a sort of neutral position a lot of catwalk models seem to rest their unused hand in.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina is sassy in Star Rush? Well according to the original meaning , maybe , but i would hate that over the top lively character.

And Last time i checked she was howling like a she-wolf whenever she gets zapped in that running minigame. Sad.

1 thing im sure about is Sports SuperStars will be better than Star Rush, at least for Rosalina and her competitiviness in golf.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do kind of wonder why Rosalina would have a tennis school. She'd seem too soft of a teacher, or at least, that's how I feel about the matter.

Top Bottom