• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Well hello.

I havent posted nor will i in some time because im severily sick.

But turns out i was correct

Rosalinas hurt expression is the same

But sadly she did not recive new artwork for her attack one , even though i was feeling it was gonna be this one

Oh my, I hope you get well soon. <3

I guess it makes sense for Rosalina to have that as her victory artwork. I do hope we get to see Rosalina's sigh artwork in full detail though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well hello.

But sadly she did not recive new artwork for her attack one , even though i was feeling it was gonna be this one

Who did it better?

On that note, another render:

I like to think about the size differences between my favourite characters a lot.
smol child and BIG MAMA

EDIT: Here's a cropped version of the Rosalina shrug.

rosalina_shrug.png

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Well hello.

I'm laughing my butt off at her "hurt" expression! XD Can you even call it a hurt expression? It's like Rosalina doesn't give a damn and the lightning was like a tap on the shoulder to her. I'm also sure that little puff cloud means she's sighing too.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've given up on the Mario Party series entirely since its new direction of having "all players moving at the same time" (hence why the 3DS isn't the usual turn-based board gameplay). Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they made another console version that had the car mechanic again (but others might since the car mechanic isn't in Mario Party Star Rush, so their expectations of the car returning might be low).

I can't say I feel the same about the Mario sports games as you though. I genuinely like some of the sports games. They keep the core gameplay good for the most part, but the newer games seem to lack some sort of flair (probably because they're all being made by Camelot). Going back to the older sports games (GameCube & N64), they too were pretty basic, but I can excuse them for that since they've set the foundation for future titles.

Maybe the sports games aren't too bland to me because I don't get them so often (I skipped a couple of them).
The older sports games were a lot better than the newer ones especially the handheld Mario Golf and Tennis games mainly for their RPG style story mode they have. The newer ones doesn't seem to catch my interest at all so I just end up skipping those and buy other games instead.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
The older sports games were a lot better than the newer ones especially the handheld Mario Golf and Tennis games mainly for their RPG style story mode they have. The newer ones doesn't seem to catch my interest at all so I just end up skipping those and buy other games instead.
The newer entries feel... "Miyamoto'd" in some way. Like they wanted to innovate instead of sticking to what works best.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ZeRo gives a detailed explanation on why he thinks Rosalina is the best character in the game.

I agree with that she has the potential to be the best in the game but in terms of the meta game I think she's more #2.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina does have her weaknesses, but they're mostly minimal, since the only thing that hurts her offense is if the Luma is taken out of the picture. Even then, a new Luma will appear after a while.

Some of the other high ranking fighters have weaknesses that are much worse than what Rosalina has to cope with.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Rosalina does have her weaknesses, but they're mostly minimal, since the only thing that hurts her offense is if the Luma is taken out of the picture. Even then, a new Luma will appear after a while.

Some of the other high ranking fighters have weaknesses that are much worse than what Rosalina has to cope with.
It's mainly that up-air and those disjointed hitboxes of hers!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Whoo, a week to prepare in college can be kind of boring. But also need many things to prepare... that's why I was out from this thread for a while. Also Overwatch keeps getting busy too.
I don't even know why Peach's and Donkey Kong's emblems are absent.

Also, being a Power-type means that you're a slowpoke, and I'm really disliking that Nintendo is putting Rosalina in the same category as Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Wario.

Basically, every time I see Rosalina get treated as a Power-type character, it really makes me upset, because she looks a lot more like a Tricky-type character. I even wish that I could go back in time to fix up this sin.

Sorry about this rant, but I really had to get it off my chest. And now, I shall pass out and try to get this incident out of my head...

Ah, I have that Mario LINE sticker on my LINE account. I am planning to buy Splatoon and Kirby sticker emoticon as well.
I've given up on the Mario Party series entirely since its new direction of having "all players moving at the same time" (hence why the 3DS isn't the usual turn-based board gameplay). Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they made another console version that had the car mechanic again (but others might since the car mechanic isn't in Mario Party Star Rush, so their expectations of the car returning might be low).

I can't say I feel the same about the Mario sports games as you though. I genuinely like some of the sports games. They keep the core gameplay good for the most part, but the newer games seem to lack some sort of flair (probably because they're all being made by Camelot). Going back to the older sports games (GameCube & N64), they too were pretty basic, but I can excuse them for that since they've set the foundation for future titles.

Maybe the sports games aren't too bland to me because I don't get them so often (I skipped a couple of them).
I was never a big fan of Mario party games. The sports game looks cool, but the sports most you can already play in the M&S Olympic game already.
And how are you doing Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku ? College life for me so far is not terrible, but not fantastic either. On my second year I quite a couple of clubs and focus on my studies, also try to find a part time job cuz I'm sick of always need to ask my sister for money. And if I spend a huge amount of money at once my dad will also ask me where did I spend it on. It's really frustrating.
ZeRo gives a detailed explanation on why he thinks Rosalina is the best character in the game.

I agree with that she has the potential to be the best in the game but in terms of the meta game I think she's more #2.
Man, I haven't watch his videos for a month! Hell, I haven't even focus on Smash recently. Gotta go watch that.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Whoo, a week to prepare in college can be kind of boring. But also need many things to prepare... that's why I was out from this thread for a while. Also Overwatch keeps getting busy too.

Ah, I have that Mario LINE sticker on my LINE account. I am planning to buy Splatoon and Kirby sticker emoticon as well.

I was never a big fan of Mario party games. The sports game looks cool, but the sports most you can already play in the M&S Olympic game already.
And how are you doing Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku ? College life for me so far is not terrible, but not fantastic either. On my second year I quite a couple of clubs and focus on my studies, also try to find a part time job cuz I'm sick of always need to ask my sister for money. And if I spend a huge amount of money at once my dad will also ask me where did I spend it on. It's really frustrating.

Man, I haven't watch his videos for a month! Hell, I haven't even focus on Smash recently. Gotta go watch that.
Looks like you have pretty much everything planned out for you. Hope year 2 goes well for you. I myself have been trying to balance my part time job with my studies. I think I'm just going to stick with finishing getting my Associate's for now and see where that takes my career just to "start out" so to speak. Plus I also keep getting bugged about getting my own car which is bound to be an adventure of its own.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Looks like you have pretty much everything planned out for you. Hope year 2 goes well for you. I myself have been trying to balance my part time job with my studies. I think I'm just going to stick with finishing getting my Associate's for now and see where that takes my career just to "start out" so to speak. Plus I also keep getting bugged about getting my own car which is bound to be an adventure of its own.
I'm very anxious for what's to come with my future after high school. It's good to know that most people actually get through the waves of early adulthood fine.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It wasn't very easy for me to get a job after I finished high school. I've spent the rest of the year doing nothing at home and job hunting was pretty tough then. It wasn't until like February 2011 when I finally got one.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hah, if only that were the case. I'm actually younger than some or most users here. You guys were speaking of college, universities and job meanwhile I'm on my 2nd week of High School as a freshman.
Oh so you're a fishman now, eh Sparkles? :denzel:

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So this guy had the idea of unlockable characters for Super Mario Run and he included Rosalina and some others:
He says all of them should play the same, but I think they should get passive bonuses / abilities. Here's my idea for the abilities:

Mario: Gets a score multiplier when completing a level. The better he does in a level (coins collected, enemies defeated, etc) the higher the score.
Character Type: Skill

Luigi: Gets an unlimited coin multiplier for enemies defeated in a row. (So far the gameplay only shows the coins going from 1x, 2x, & 4x, but it seems to stop at 4x, even if Mario defeats more than 3 enemies in a row. So I'm basically removing this restriction from Luigi).

Yoshi: Some coins are replaced by Smiley Flowers (not random coins) and they give additional time when a certain amount is collected. Makes short-time levels easier.
Character Type: Easy

Wario: Gems replace some coins or show up at the end of some coin trails (random gem placements, but always a set number of gems in each level). Gems give an additional 5 coins when collected.
Character Type: Luck

Waluigi: Has a very high chance dodging an enemy and their attacks, like hammers from Hammer Bros (this ability does not apply to Bowser himself, but it does for his fire balls). Also gains a coin multiplier for enemies defeated in a row that's random each time.

Rosalina: Has Gravitational Pull. It pulls in coins that are close enough to her to be collected. Her coin multiplier for enemies defeated in a row is reduced from 4x to 2x.

These are just some fun ideas that would be cool to see.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So this guy had the idea of unlockable characters for Super Mario Run and he included Rosalina and some others:
He says all of them should play the same, but I think they should get passive bonuses / abilities. Here's my idea for the abilities:

Mario: Gets a score multiplier when completing a level. The better he does in a level (coins collected, enemies defeated, etc) the higher the score.

Luigi: Gets an unlimited coin multiplier for enemies defeated in a row. (So far the gameplay only shows the coins going from 1x, 2x, & 4x, but it seems to stop at 4x, even if Mario defeats more than 3 enemies in a row. So I'm basically removing this restriction from Luigi).

Yoshi: Some coins are replaced by Smiley Flowers (not random coins) and they give additional time when a certain amount is collected. Makes short-time levels easier.

Wario: Gems replace some coins or show up at the end of some coin trails (random gem placements, but always a set number of gems in each level). Gems give an additional 5 coins when collected.

Waluigi: Has a very high chance dodging an enemy and their attacks, like hammers from Hammer Bros (this ability does not apply to Bowser himself, but it does for his fire balls). Also gains a coin multiplier for enemies defeated in a row that's random each time.

Rosalina: Has Gravitational Pull. It pulls in coins that are close enough to her to be collected. Her coin multiplier for enemies defeated in a row is reduced from 4x to 2x.

These are just some fun ideas that would be cool to see.
The Rosalina part reminds me of Baby Wario from that one Yoshi Island for the DS. I'll probably watch the video later.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
In my university VG club I just got out of a tournament facing a Rosalina player (I main Duck Hunt). Being the first time I've ever fought a Rosalina in a tournament, I was amazed how I could barely touch her or Luma. Luma shot went through all 3 of my projectiles and both Luma and Rosalina beat out any attempt to get near them. 'Twas one of my most fun matches I've had in a while.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mint is still holding onto that #1 spot in the Irish Smash Wii U power rankings.

He had this position this time last year too.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Very rarely do I favorite a video on YouTube, but GOOD GOD this is a masterpiece from Arlo!
This video... just makes me feel so good inside. Hands down the best NX related video ever. Setting this soothing tone with just a simple sunset background, the calm, peaceful music, the way he just reflects upon this experience as a whole rather than just discussing specific parts. I think many of us needed a video like this. A time to relax, reflect, and just let our minds be set in a soothing state. Despite still being in the waiting period, Arlo decides to take this moment as something to cherish and put in a time capsule before the official reveal quite possibly changes everything for better or worse and takes the whole internet by storm. It's a nice reminder that we shouldn't spend so much time with these black and white mindsets of what the NX should or should not be and what should or should not happen in the future. I'm so thankful that people like Arlo are around to remind me about the brighter side of things whenever I lose sight of the positives even when Nintendo is in such a transitional phase where it's easy to get caught up in the chaos. To think this video can put me at ease after all that has happened, or hasn't happened, with the Wii U...

The Wii U was a failure on the market, and it's really sad to see it down there with the likes of the Sega Saturn, Atari Jaguar, 3DO, etc., but after its time serving Nintendo as a source for profit ceases completely, I feel it will overall get the true recognition by gamers that it deserves. Who needs the opinions of what a bunch of soulless suits think about how it hurts their bottom line and isn't profitable enough? Yes, I still hold the opinion that Nintendo's handling of the Wii U throughout its entire life cycle was dare I say pathetic, especially from a company as big as Nintendo who is almost always held to such high standards, but I now have this feeling that as long as I accept what happened in the past and allow the future to unfold before me without lingering onto my gripes with what already happened, I'm confident that there are still better things to come. So for me, I will view the Wii U as this special treasure of mine that not many others experienced and will always be a welcome part of my collection along with all the fun I've had with it so far. I really enjoyed Arlo's bittersweet last comment on the system.

But going beyond the Wii U, and perhaps even beyond the safety net that is the 3DS, there's still so much to wonder about. Sure it may be preferable to actually have that knowledge about the NX many have been craving for 16 months now, but with Arlo's outlook making this experience sound so positive overall, I think it will mesh well with how we feel in the future even when we think back to times like these. It's best not to worry and stress over the unknown. And that shooting star. I want to fully understand its significance. I want to pick at Arlo's mind as to what it symbolizes. It's something that I would need a lot of time to interpret myself. Sorry this post was so long-winded and off topic. I just needed a place to give my thoughts on various things happening currently.

Make a wish, everyone!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

So ESAM made a video trying to counter some of ZeRo's statements on this video, what do you guys think? I think ESAM does have some good points, but if Rosalia players can handle those well, I think Rosalina can be the best character. But to the truth I don't really think she is for now.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I wonder if it's normal to cringe at our oldest post, where we may have said things we regret later on. Well that just happened to me, and well, reading some of the posts at the old social thread.

Very rarely do I favorite a video on YouTube, but GOOD GOD this is a masterpiece from Arlo!
This video... just makes me feel so good inside. Hands down the best NX related video ever. Setting this soothing tone with just a simple sunset background, the calm, peaceful music, the way he just reflects upon this experience as a whole rather than just discussing specific parts. I think many of us needed a video like this. A time to relax, reflect, and just let our minds be set in a soothing state. Despite still being in the waiting period, Arlo decides to take this moment as something to cherish and put in a time capsule before the official reveal quite possibly changes everything for better or worse and takes the whole internet by storm. It's a nice reminder that we shouldn't spend so much time with these black and white mindsets of what the NX should or should not be and what should or should not happen in the future. I'm so thankful that people like Arlo are around to remind me about the brighter side of things whenever I lose sight of the positives even when Nintendo is in such a transitional phase where it's easy to get caught up in the chaos. To think this video can put me at ease after all that has happened, or hasn't happened, with the Wii U...

The Wii U was a failure on the market, and it's really sad to see it down there with the likes of the Sega Saturn, Atari Jaguar, 3DO, etc., but after its time serving Nintendo as a source for profit ceases completely, I feel it will overall get the true recognition by gamers that it deserves. Who needs the opinions of what a bunch of soulless suits think about how it hurts their bottom line and isn't profitable enough? Yes, I still hold the opinion that Nintendo's handling of the Wii U throughout its entire life cycle was dare I say pathetic, especially from a company as big as Nintendo who is almost always held to such high standards, but I now have this feeling that as long as I accept what happened in the past and allow the future to unfold before me without lingering onto my gripes with what already happened, I'm confident that there are still better things to come. So for me, I will view the Wii U as this special treasure of mine that not many others experienced and will always be a welcome part of my collection along with all the fun I've had with it so far. I really enjoyed Arlo's bittersweet last comment on the system.

But going beyond the Wii U, and perhaps even beyond the safety net that is the 3DS, there's still so much to wonder about. Sure it may be preferable to actually have that knowledge about the NX many have been craving for 16 months now, but with Arlo's outlook making this experience sound so positive overall, I think it will mesh well with how we feel in the future even when we think back to times like these. It's best not to worry and stress over the unknown. And that shooting star. I want to fully understand its significance. I want to pick at Arlo's mind as to what it symbolizes. It's something that I would need a lot of time to interpret myself. Sorry this post was so long-winded and off topic. I just needed a place to give my thoughts on various things happening currently.

Make a wish, everyone!
TL;DR...

Well, I wish for the NX to grab many and many of people's attention, or exceed the largest popularity that back in the olden days Nintendo recieved. And one more thing I'd like to wish for, and it's that Rosalina's character and a few other misconception on other characters get made clear so we won't have to deal with "Rosalina is a princess" type of things.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Someone finally did a Fire Rosalina mod! It's not totally finished, but the ponytail is already there. The modder added he'd make the dress more accurate to the actual Fire Flower dress.
Here's an example:

And someone else even made a Cosmic Spirit mod:

Here are the links: http://gamebanana.com/skins/149054 (Fire Rosalina, the modder even made Fire Peach)
http://gamebanana.com/skins/149278 (Cosmic Spirit)

I am going to love this Fire Rosalina.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Someone finally did a Fire Rosalina mod! It's not totally finished, but the ponytail is already there. The modder added he'd make the dress more accurate to the actual Fire Flower dress.
Here's an example:

Here are the links: http://gamebanana.com/skins/149054 (Fire Rosalina, the modder even made Fire Peach)

OH MY GOD YES FINALLY THE COSMIC SPIRIT!!!!! :D I'm so downloading this right now!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina's dress utilizes shader colors that can only be modified by doing material edits. The tricky part is just trying to find the sleeve rim polygons.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Found some snapshots on the Rio Olympic games on Miiverse.

Why is it to me that Rosalina sounds more elegant and poetic in the 3DS version? Maybe it's just her speaking casually. In this game, there's something about the way she compliments you though... I can't put my finger on it.

And TFW someone talks trash about your fave, especially from a character in the game... Looks like Blaze doesn't know what Rosalina is capable of.

Here's an example:

The ponytail is also missing the red band that ties her hair up (which Peach also seems to be missing), along with the violet to red colored earrings and white shoes. Hopefully he would fix those to make it more accurate to 3D World's Rosalina, along with the dress.

As for the Cosmic Spirit, looks like Rosalina wore her nightgown inside out again.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Found some snapshots on the Rio Olympic games on Miiverse.

Why is it to me that Rosalina sounds more elegant and poetic in the 3DS version? Maybe it's just her speaking casually. In this game, there's something about the way she compliments you though... I can't put my finger on it.

And TFW someone talks trash about your fave, especially from a character in the game... Looks like Blaze doesn't know what Rosalina is capable of.

The ponytail is also missing the red band that ties her hair up (which Peach also seems to be missing), along with the violet to red colored earrings and white shoes. Hopefully he would fix those to make it more accurate to 3D World's Rosalina, along with the dress.

As for the Cosmic Spirit, looks like Rosalina wore her nightgown inside out again.
That's enough for me. When I'll find a way to have them actually working, I'll appreciate them. For the moment, I struggle.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Zoomed in look at Rosalina from the Mario Party Star Rush banner.
That isn't the one with the vibrant color, and it seems darker but I'll take what I can get! At least we're able to tell more clearly what her expression looks. I'm noticing some of these artworks having Rosalina and Daisy near each other, is Nintendo secretly planning something..?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That isn't the one with the vibrant color, and it seems darker but I'll take what I can get! At least we're able to tell more clearly what her expression looks. I'm noticing some of these artworks having Rosalina and Daisy near each other, is Nintendo secretly planning something..?
It seems more like a coincidence, if anything.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
If anything can prove how Nintendo is generous and compassionate, this is it.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/09/11/nintendo-honours-young-zelda-fan-with-a-thoughtful-gift/

Wait, when is the Rosalina amiibo coming out exactly?
It comes out the same date as Mario Party Star Rush, and the other amiibos will arrive on the same date as Rosalina's.

It'll arrive in November, pretty close to Rosalina's birthday, don't you think? It'll be fine if you pre-ordered it. Only 3 more months away until we get another Rosalina amiibo!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Europe get Rosalina, Wario, DK, and Boo on October 4th instead.

Just an FYI for any Europeans who might pass by this thread and might be wondering about that.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Two months ain't that long anyways so I can wait 'til then to get my hands on that beauty.
I'm also waiting for Cloud and Corrin amiibos to come out who knows when.

Top Bottom