• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Happy birthday Tino Tino

One thing I was thinking is that, beside this thread, I would like if this forum was more active, like the Ganon board.
We have the Bayonetta match-up discussion with a single comment on it, one willing to learn the character doesn't even know to just mash RAR Bair to stop her Side B

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Happy birthday, dude. Hope you have a great life ahead of you. Which reminds me...

We gonna party like it's yo birthday, mah homie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Happy birthday, Tino Tino ! Sorry if I'm a bit too late, I'm using the Wii U to type it so it's hard to tell the time. (At least for me.) I hoped your birthday went well, and that you will be blasted with everlasting joy for the rest of your life!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I updated the mod i made for Mario Kart 7 that replaces Rosalina's original voice files. I had to do the whole process again because i realised the clips were not in they best quality , but now they are and sound excellent in game at the right sample rate.

You can download it here.
https://www.dshack.org/store.php?page=file&fid=297

I offered a not so detailed explanation of how it works , but obviously people that know about 3DS hacking and etc would have no problem making the files work.

It's very easy , just have a 3DS with Homebrew launcher , Hans , and knowledge of how to rebuilt the romfs data , which is very easy too.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I haven't seen you in a while, actually. How's it been?
I've been better. I actually just been looking around this thread like always. I just didn't had anything to post
Plus, I've been going to other threads more often.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Nobody spoke of these?!
Rosalina and Mothers' Day on Play Nintendo!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think it's because not everybody checks playnintendo(?)

I don't even know what is the purpose of that website. Is it for children or something like that?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I think it's because not everybody checks playnintendo(?)

I don't even know what is the purpose of that website. Is it for children or something like that?
I guess it is. I was looking for Mama Rosalina pictures and came across these ones and was really glad.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just as I expected, almost everyone is playing Pokemon GO wherever I go in Taiwan.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Just as I expected, almost everyone is playing Pokemon GO wherever I go in Taiwan.
Same goes for Pennsyvania (Where I live, not Rosalina's Ice World, silly!). Lemme tell you, Maria, it's everywhere!

I guess it is. I was looking for Mama Rosalina pictures and came across these ones and was really glad.
You cannot deny the fact that Rosalina is, and always will be that one motherly and divine figure, not only protecting the cosmos and her children but the individuals that happens to drell in the universe. She is not only a motherly figure towards her children, but to other characters as well. It can be seen in this Non-Canon Comic and also here.

I updated the mod i made for Mario Kart 7 that replaces Rosalina's original voice files. I had to do the whole process again because i realised the clips were not in they best quality , but now they are and sound excellent in game at the right sample rate.

You can download it here.
https://www.dshack.org/store.php?page=file&fid=297

I offered a not so detailed explanation of how it works , but obviously people that know about 3DS hacking and etc would have no problem making the files work.

It's very easy , just have a 3DS with Homebrew launcher , Hans , and knowledge of how to rebuilt the romfs data , which is very easy too.
I believe you can do the same for Mario Kart 8 too. It may seem hard but it'll be easy in the end. Go Swiftie!

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Oh thank you.

Sooner or later , i will try doing it in Mario Kart 8 , that's for sure.

The good thing is that , the modificiation that i always want to make (in this case a sound or voice hack) is easier than , lets say , making a custom track.

I also want to do a Mercedes Rose voice mod in Mario Kart 7 ; i did one for Laura first since i do enjoy her voice , and having the chance to completely have control in which clips are used is something i find very cool. As proven , lower pitched clips with a filter , give the ''Rosalina-ish feel'' , so i don't have any complaints.

Hopefully we would be able to do so in MK8 , since it's already possible in Smash 4.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
So I found this cool YT series called "Boundary Break" where the host moves the camera around to show some behind-the-scenes stuff in games that aren't normally meant to be viewed. In the Mario Galaxy episode, he altered the camera to try and show Rosalina's hidden eye and well...

image.png

He eventually did find it in all of its twinkling glory.

riels89

Smash Rookie
how do you deal with campy shieks? They will just sit buy the ledge charging needles and then bouncing fish if you approach and if you dont they will just spam you out until they either get a read or get a bouncing fish

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
how do you deal with campy shieks? They will just sit buy the ledge charging needles and then bouncing fish if you approach and if you dont they will just spam you out until they either get a read or get a bouncing fish
Dealing Shieks with Rosalina can really be a pain. Bouncing fish can be avoided by air dodge, needles you have to either shield or jump over.

I usually use Cloud when dealing with Shiek, since he has better range and attack knockback.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Hey guys. I couldn't help but post this video, it is simply amazing. I loved how Rosalina was portrayed in this video, even though it's legos it has alot of potential to it. It's cinematic actions and dialogue is just simply amazing, and Rosalina is like a goddess here. Since she canonically is a god-like figure in the Mario universe, this video also has that trait as well. I wonder why no one talked about it here, so why not.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I also entered the Smash Wii U mod scene and joined that other website to post what i do.
I started as usual with voice mods , giving Rosalina my version of Laura Faye Smith voice set.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's funny how there can be multiple voice clip hacks that utilize the same voice actor, and yet the voice clips that are used for each action can end up being very different.

In the case of Rosalina, I pretty much felt that her "Ta-ta!" quote goes well with her side taunt.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I used the sounds that i considered the best fit in my view of Rosalina. Laura F. Smith may have tons of clips , more than both Kerri and Mercedes combined , but not all are fitting in this game .

I put all the clips i heard as ''womanly'', ''sassy'' and overall lower pitched , that's how i believe Rosalina is suppoused to sound. And of course , i tried most sounds fit the originals.

i did my own edits aside from adding echo , some of the clips are pitched down to my taste.

It's perfect for me and i hope others like it as well.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So I posted this in the Tier's thread, and well I haven't considered posting this here for a long time but here we go.

Glad to see my favorite character is still God Tier! As a Rosalina & Luma main, I will say I am total garbage <--- One of the reasons I don't play For Glory, it's embarrassing enough as it is to tolerate. I hear she has alot of potential, so I wanna expand my creativeness and improvisation But I'm still improving, and if anyone of you have any helpful advice or tips I would really appreciate it! Help me master and perfect Rojellina and Chiko! As for other characters, well, let's just say I'm better off at least trying to be decent as my main than even be near as okay with them. Once again, thank you!

I used the sounds that i considered the best fit in my view of Rosalina. Laura F. Smith may have tons of clips , more than both Kerri and Mercedes combined , but not all are fitting in this game .

I put all the clips i heard as ''womanly'', ''sassy'' and overall lower pitched , that's how i believe Rosalina is suppoused to sound. And of course , i tried most sounds fit the originals.

i did my own edits aside from adding echo , some of the clips are pitched down to my taste.

It's perfect for me and i hope others like it as well.
It sounds nice, but what about her down and up taunt? It's understandable if you wanted to keep the Luma's clips, cause I believe the Luma's sounds are quite essential to her taunts as well. Don't get me wrong, I like it but I do have to wonder why there wasn't very much. For example, what about when Rosalina does her final smash or when she does her gravitational pull and other attacks, or the one where she beats the opponent in Smash mode and the victory screen plays? Did you keep those voice clips?

Overall, I think you did a great job. Even though the quality of the video isn't as good as I expected. I know you apologized for that in youtube, but it's the voice that matters since you only focused on them. Keep doing a great job! ;)

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So I posted this in the Tier's thread, and well I haven't considered posting this here for a long time but here we go.

Glad to see my favorite character is still God Tier! As a Rosalina & Luma main, I will say I am total garbage <--- One of the reasons I don't play For Glory, it's embarrassing enough as it is to tolerate. I hear she has alot of potential, so I wanna expand my creativeness and improvisation But I'm still improving, and if anyone of you have any helpful advice or tips I would really appreciate it! Help me master and perfect Rojellina and Chiko! As for other characters, well, let's just say I'm better off at least trying to be decent as my main than even be near as okay with them. Once again, thank you!

It sounds nice, but what about her down and up special? It's understandable if you wanted to keep the Luma's clips, cause I believe the Luma's sounds are quite essential to her taunts as well. Don't get me wrong, I like it but I do have to wonder why there wasn't very much. For example, what about when Rosalina does her final smash or when she does her gravitational pull and other attacks, or the one where she beats the opponent in Smash mode and the victory screen plays? Did you keep those voice clips?

Overall, I think you did a great job. Even though the quality of the video isn't as good as I expected. I know you apologized for that in youtube, but it's the voice that matters since you only focused on them. Keep doing a great job! ;)
I dont understand.

Down and up smash are in the video , as well as her Up B where she says ''Woo!''.
Down B is gravitational pull and it doesn't have a voice clip , it has a sound effect from SMG , so no need to show it.

But for sounds like Sleeping , Dizzy and Swimming , i forgot to show them but they are obviously included in the mod.

Victory quotes are also included as well , i wasn't able to show them in training mode.

Yes the video quality isn't very good , but it was just to showcase , the video wasn't really needed in the end because this is something you download and try for yourself in your screen.

thanks for the feedback.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I dont understand.

Down and up smash are in the video , as well as her Up B where she says ''Woo!''.
Down B is gravitational pull and it doesn't have a voice clip , it has a sound effect from SMG , so no need to show it.

But for sounds like Sleeping , Dizzy and Swimming , i forgot to show them but they are obviously included in the mod.

Victory quotes are also included as well , i wasn't able to show them in training mode.

Yes the video quality isn't very good , but it was just to showcase , the video wasn't really needed in the end because this is something you download and try for yourself in your screen.

thanks for the feedback.
Oops, did I say special? I meant to say taunt but I don't know how I put special there. Sorry about that, that was a little awkward of me. Despite the flaws in my feedback, the mod is really good! Considering the comments on youtube about your mod, I think you should do more since many people like it!

Last edited:

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Look at her back there, happy and glamorous as always.
I am almost ready to Pre-order the game just seeing this poster.

but since the last Mario party was just around god awful.
I won't

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Look at her back there, happy and glamorous as always.
I am almost ready to Pre-order the game just seeing this poster.

but since the last Mario party was just around god awful.
I won't
I'm not interested to any Mario Party games, but that Rosalina sure looks good.
And I had ordered Overwatch, can't wait to play the game.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
With Style Savvy: Fashion Forward being released tomorrow, it makes me wonder what kind of stuff I'll unlock with my amiibo. It would be nice if the Rosalina amiibo unlocked her dress and shoes, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
The new cover.
Dammit, you beat me to it. It looks very nice though, but Rosalina's gown is a bit dull in my opinion but in game will make up for it anyways. So far, this is the second Mario Party title Rosalina appeared in as playable. I hope the Lumas will be presented in the game, like in Island Tour. I'll be waiting for her boxart render to come out, so we get to see it more clearer.

Here's the source: http://mariopartylegacy.com/2016/08/all-the-new-gameplay-footage-for-mario-party-star-rush/

And I can't wait to see what's in store for the amiibo function in this game, hopefully we get something cool and epic using Rosalina's amiibo. Speaking of amiibos...

With Style Savvy: Fashion Forward being released tomorrow, it makes me wonder what kind of stuff I'll unlock with my amiibo. It would be nice if the Rosalina amiibo unlocked her dress and shoes, but that's probably wishful thinking.
She does get her dress and shoes unlocked. It'll be nice to have a character with Rosalina's aesthetic.

Style Savvy 3.png

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
She does get her dress and shoes unlocked. It'll be nice to have a character with Rosalina's aesthetic.

View attachment 115492
I guess the series name is different between regions then. Oddly, the North American demo uses British English words; for an example, you see "colour", instead of "color".

Top Bottom