• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I thought Cloud is around top B tier...
:4cloud: can't be anything but high tier just because of the autocancels on his aerials alone. Add in absurd mobility and limit break who boosts it to ridicolous levels and give him probably the best killing move in the entire game and you have a top tier. The only thing keeping him not being the best character in the game is his lackluster recovery (that is better than many people think however) and a "weakness" to shield in sense that he can't kill you with a grab but who cares if can charge limit for free.
However I can see him fall down the tiers when people will start to exploit these weak points but his mobility and raw power overall are too strong for him to not be top tier. He's also the best pocket character because he is so easy to use.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
:4cloud: can't be anything but high tier just because of the autocancels on his aerials alone. Add in absurd mobility and limit break who boosts it to ridicolous levels and give him probably the best killing move in the entire game and you have a top tier. The only thing keeping him not being the best character in the game is his lackluster recovery (that is better than many people think however) and a "weakness" to shield in sense that he can't kill you with a grab but who cares if can charge limit for free.
However I can see him fall down the tiers when people will start to exploit these weak points but his mobility and raw power overall are too strong for him to not be top tier. He's also the best pocket character because he is so easy to use.
Nonetheless, I still consider Cloud as high tier rather than top tier because of his recovery. Limit break might fill that weakness occasionally, but I still think he is a high tier character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Cloud can be powerful in the right hands, but his recovery issues are pretty much the main reason for why he's not exactly top 5 material.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Cloud can be powerful in the right hands, but his recovery issues are pretty much the main reason for why he's not exactly top 5 material.
Exactly, Cloud is good, but not top tier. He is roughly high tier.

So has anyone played Overwatch?
Overwatch got 94/100 on Metacritic, even higher than Smash Wii U.
But has lower User Score than Smash Wii U obviously.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I don't even play the game because I don't have any console/a PC powerful enough to play it, although I have plans to get a PS4 asap, but oh my god I fell in love with the animated shorts about the game. They are so good!
Also D.Va is top tier girl :shades:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Personally, I think Cloud is a contender for best in the game. Many top tier characters have exploitable recoveries. We're easy to edgeguard and so is Diddy.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't think Rosalina is the best character right now. She has bad match-ups in Meta Knight and Cloud and she is stronger in low/mid level play because of her diverse playstyle and "gimmick". At top level she is still incredibly strong but her shortcomings starts to really matter.
As of now the best three characters are :4diddy::4sheik::4cloud: who have the best match-ups spreads in the game. Sheik is possibly the one with the greatest risk of falling off the top3 as soon as top player will start exploit her lack of raw kill power but with players like Mr R and VoiD doing the work I don't see this happen very soon.

I still think :rosalina: has the potential to be the best charcter in the future. IMHO she is the most versatile character in the game when Luma is alive but her learning curve will make this process incredibly slow.
Diddy isn't #1 and I'm pretty sure Zero Suit is better than Sheik. I don't see Cloud being anywhere near #3. I'd put him at #5-8.
I would say that the top 3 are Rosalina, Zero Suit, and Sheik, in that order. Essentially the opposite of what it was pre-1.15.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina's main problem in the recovery department is that her air mobility is below average when compared to the rest of the cast, and while Launch Star is a long-ranged recovery move, it can't deal any damage, so recovering low is very risky if the opponent has no trouble edge-guarding off-stage. And if you try to recover high, the helpless state, and the weak air speed pretty much makes Rosalina a sitting duck against the fighters who can walk faster than her air speed value; this basically includes every fighter who can walk faster than King Dedede.

Mewtwo, on the other hand, has less trouble recovering, since even though Teleport can't deal any damage, Mewtwo's air mobility is 3rd best, and Confusion does give it some extra air time as well; it can recover high without ever entering a helpless state.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Lately I've seen so much hate towards Rosalina, more than ever. It has seriously gotten worse. I can't help but feel angry at this because it's not fair. I understand hating her as a fighter because she is a pain in the ass to fight, but the character? Come on, she's so cool!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Lately I've seen so much hate towards Rosalina, more than ever. It has seriously gotten worse. I can't help but feel angry at this because it's not fair. I understand hating her as a fighter because she is a pain in the *** to fight, but the character? Come on, she's so cool!
Yep… but sadly that's just how the Internet works sometimes
So I received some trophy points today, one is for having post content attracted 1,000 likes, I really don't know which content I made is that popular…

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Let me tell you something right now about Rosalina. She is a dual / puppeteer character type. In nearly every single fighting game that has dual / puppeteer character, they are pretty much UNIVERSALLY hated by whatever game community they're from. The kind of hate Rosalina & Luma is getting isn't surprising to me in the slightest. I've played and watched puppet characters in many games like, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue (which has like 2 or 3 iirc), Persona 4 Arena, and more.

Just know that the hate Rosalina & Luma get isn't exclusive to them. The hate towards dual / puppet type characters will always be there because 80% of people just don't like fighting against them. They always feel they're OP (which should be true in a way), but most of those people don't take advantage of a puppet character's weakness, which leads them to having a hard time or getting wrecked.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Let me tell you something right now about Rosalina. She is a dual / puppeteer character type. In nearly every single fighting game that has dual / puppeteer character, they are pretty much UNIVERSALLY hated by whatever game community they're from. The kind of hate Rosalina & Luma is getting isn't surprising to me in the slightest. I've played and watched puppet characters in many games like, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue (which has like 2 or 3 iirc), Persona 4 Arena, and more.

Just know that the hate Rosalina & Luma get isn't exclusive to them. The hate towards dual / puppet type characters will always be there because 80% of people just don't like fighting against them. They always feel they're OP (which should be true in a way), but most of those people don't take advantage of a puppet character's weakness, which leads them to having a hard time or getting wrecked.
Yeah... I remember Melee Ice Climbers was kind of hated as well...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People hate her because she's not an EZ mode anime brawler/swordfighter trope character and because people apparently don't know how to fight more than 1 opponent in Smash, even though that's Smash in it's most basic form.

Things might look up though.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Things might look up though.

Wow, seeing his positive Tweets about Rosalina and him maining Cloud makes me a fan of Mew2King even more.

Hell, Cloud was the reason why Mew2King plays and loves Smash4 this year (Also made me paying more attention on any Final Fantasy news and games). Even though he says he prefers playing the game casually rather than competitively. But it's understandable to some degree.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Maybe Mew2King should consider Rosalina as a secondary if she's that amazing to play as. I'm not sure how much it will benefit him if he played Rosalina again, but maybe certain match-ups could benefit Rosalina more than Cloud, like fighting against projectile spammers.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I see you guys have been keeping yourselves busy. As for me, I finished up my semester like two weeks ago and have been on a HUGE Pokémon binge lately. Definitely starting with Rowlet as I've missed having a starter that's flying type for the longest time. And I don't think I need to ask how Rosalina is doing because she is always by default being extremely awesome because Rosalina is Rosalina, and Rosalina is the best.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
it's pretty much stupid to hate on a character that is seen as ''too good''

but personally , and ironically i might get hate for this lol , i think is also stupid to care about it.

It doesn't matter considering Rosalina is still popular enough , and good enough in many games she appears as playable.

Soooooo ? doesn't seem to be a problem to me , let the people think what they want and stop caring about it. Really.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I see you guys have been keeping yourselves busy. As for me, I finished up my semester like two weeks ago and have been on a HUGE Pokémon binge lately. Definitely starting with Rowlet as I've missed having a starter that's flying type for the longest time. And I don't think I need to ask how Rosalina is doing because she is always by default being extremely awesome because Rosalina is Rosalina, and Rosalina is the best.
I'm gonna start with Litten.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I cannot believe Rosalina is going to jail.

Reality bending, cosmos forming powers, and immortality, cannot grant you diplomatic immunity.

Or maybe it was a faker, idk, that joke could work too. :4sonic:

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
This meme is too true. Yeah, by "hated by the community", people want her to get banned huh? Never looked at it this way, hehe.

Reality bending, cosmos forming powers, and immortality, cannot grant you diplomatic immunity.

They took her to jail because of people being too salty that she kept roasting them. (Also that cosplay is missing a ponytail, but I doubt most people care.) People be like "pls nerf", to god tier! "Fire Rosalina", is:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

Well if Mario Sunshine is anything to go by, getting indicted in the Mario Universe is something not even Phoenix Wright or Matt Murdock can save you from, diplomatic immunity be darned.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Well if Mario Sunshine is anything to go by, getting indicted in the Mario Universe is something not even Phoenix Wright or Matt Murdock can save you from, diplomatic immunity be darned.
No wonder why there are no piantas in Galaxy.

Edit: Scratch that. They're in Galaxy 2 in Starshine Beach Galaxy. As long as she doesn't go there, she should be in the clear. I mean, it's not like she's been proven guilty of any crimes, right?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
i come into this thread at the weirdest times it seems.
Yep...

And below I just want to post these just for response to that idiot's pics, or just post for fun. I know it's late, but I was all busy and don't have time to post these screenshots.

PAY

BACK

TIME!!!

Last edited:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Honestly, though, I now believe that Rosalina is probably the best character in the game due to 1.1.6.

I know...I know... but those pics that idiot post...you just can't let that stupidity slide. So just ignore it...
What pics?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I already thought she was since launch in terms of her potential.

Unless M2K picks her up and does amazing with her though, I still think Cloud will be top of the tier list because more people will use him and therefore he'll get better results.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374

Unless M2K picks her up and does amazing with her though, I still think Cloud will be top of the tier list because more people will use him and therefore he'll get better results.
I hope to the Smash Gods he does.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Honestly, though, I now believe that Rosalina is probably the best character in the game due to 1.1.6.
I can't wait to use my Rosalina again to beat my brother's Bayonetta.
What pics?
Uh... didn't you see the spoilers? They just screenshots of my characters KOing Dr.Mario nothing that weird.

During E3 2014 to at launch I never though she was that top tier. Until I saw how well Dabuz, that's also the time when I know Dabuz.

He is still using Cloud though, and I'm actually fine with it, I want to get good with Cloud as well.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Too bad Cloud fails when it comes to long-ranged recoveries. To be the best, you clearly need a recovery that's long-ranged and can get you back on-stage, no matter how far away you are; Launch Star can do that, even if it can't deal any damage.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Too bad Cloud fails when it comes to long-ranged recoveries. To be the best, you clearly need a recovery that's long-ranged and can get you back on-stage, no matter how far away you are; Launch Star can do that, even if it can't deal any damage.

That's why you should always need to charge your limit breaks when you have the chance. NO TAUNTING LIKE A SHOWOFF after KOs. You will need Limit Break as a finishing touch, game changer, or a recovery saver.
Charge after get KOed.
Charge while at air.
Charge while falling.
Charge, Charge, CHARGE!!!!
Not to mention Rosalina is also vulnerable when using her recovery, if not using it carefully you will get spiked.

Top Bottom