• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Road to TGC 2! Full results are up (131 entrants)! A new Champion has appeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
SOME QUICK SHOUT OUTS!

@G-Wolf Wow, please learn to play this game. Thanks!
@BlueBirdE Best Luigi NA
@Blue Ninjakoopa Always nice seeing you man! Really hope to see you at some upcoming tournaments!
@gamma1 :4falco:
@ AvoiD AvoiD :4littlemac:
@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Great job to you and the other TOs for doing their thing! :D
@Everyone else who I talked to! It was tons of funsies and i'm already hyped for future tourneys :p

I love you alllll~

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ionj5emfhAU

I'm sure you guys saw me running around with a camera, like last time.
I don't think this video is as good/covered as much as my last one did, but it definitely fixed some of the problems the last one had. But it has new issues too, like lighting and things like that.

All just working out the kinks! Thanks to everyone who talked to me and I'll do my best to improve on the next one.

I wanted to post a full list of shoutouts but this video took longer than I thought it would and I got distracted with some other stuff and now I have to go to bed for work tomorrow. But I do want to thank Allan/the people who helped him for helping this run relatively smooth, anyone who brought a setup for the same reason, the people I played for GGs in singles and doubles, and everyone who participated in the video I just made.

And to @heytallman for that [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
65: Gimmemorathat:4yoshi:Alex, you are such a good TO man. Thank you so much for helping out and you will always have my 100% support for your events and whatever you do. Thank you so so much for everything and see you next time at the Dojo :)
Thank you for the kind words buddy i have come to enjoy our talks during tournaments man! Cant wait to see you and the homies bring your A-game to FG 3!

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Quick s/o's then back to studying lel.

Megafox - Good **** my dude. You did amazing! Was hoping you'd take it if Houston didn't come out on top. Always nice seeing you, gotta get some matches going once finals week is over. Be more social too scrub.

FlipHop - Congrats on 2nd! Proud of you brotha. You have to be one of the funnest people to watch, never a dull moment. I'm still waiting for us to be paired up again and have our rematch in tournament. Making a statement and representing Houston well!

GrimBitch - Unlucky getting Flip 3rd round, felt bad for you. Good job coming back and still managing 4th though. THAT is why you're one of the top players. Loved seeing your Falcon dominate, might be one of the reasons I decided to switch over. Maybe. Looking foward to the next time we play.

Trela - Hope all is well man! You didn't look as enthusiastic as you usually do when it comes to playing smash. Great job nonetheless for still placing well. Need to catch up next time we're around, too many people so didn't get the chance to.

RunCT - It's funny yo, Zori and I were literally talking before the tournament started how great of a player you were and you came out and did work. Happy to see you up so high in a tournament this huge! Always good seeing you also man.

Zori - F u. F 7 min timers. F Megaman. F the small tv we played on. But intense, super fun games nonetheless. You were my favorite set to play that night, regardless if I only played 2-3 matches lmao. Good job placing well! I expect to see you higher at future tournaments. Gotta meet up and get some matches going again soon!

Leaf - Awesome job man. You played great, sorry that I couldn't give you a more challenging set lol. Pikachu is amazing in this game, and with a smart player like you, I can see you placing higher and higher in the time to come.

BlueBird - You did great brotha! Don't let it bog you down. Tonight wasn't our night but we'll come back better prepared. Doubles and singles lol. Always a pleasure getting to team with you! We'll get in the lab once finals are over lol.

YellowRello - Besides all the **** talk pre-tournament lmfao, it was nice meeting you man. Come through to more Houston tournaments! It wasn't the greatest experience, but the next ones will be much more enjoyable. Good **** on doing well in singles and doubles too. I got ya next time booooy.

Sync - Constantly killing it with Greninja man! Was hoping I'd get to play you but always next time. Good **** in Doubles. Double Villager is mad annoying smh. We've got you next time lol. Let's meet up soon and play again!

Bonren - I lol'd at your s/o. I know, I know. I hadn't played Mac much since Wii U version came out so I wanted to stick with Falcon and see. I'll get around to playing him again though. Always nice talking to you man!

BC - F Double Villager. F Villager in Singles. Good stuff regardless. Last match was insanely close and could've went anyone's way. Good games as always man.

Blue NinjaKoopa - Good seeing and talking to you again man. Making improvements I can tell! You'll be a threat to others soon, I'm waiting on it.

Kadin - Lol commentating was mad fun man. Thanks for picking up on my slack. I'll get the hang of it, no worries. Always a pleasure talking to you and making fun of people. The guy who was about to knock down the tv LMAO. Dead.

Mora/Xyro/Krebs - Thanks for hosting and organizing the tournament. Reassuring to know that we can have faith in our TO's to handle those type of situations well. Fun seeing and getting to talk to you all. Looking forward to the next tournaments to come!

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
I had a lot of fun at this tournament and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Shoutout to Xyro - Man, calling me a nine year old in front of everyone outside. Jeez. You're the one who's the 9 year old! You broke your own rule! You said, "Losers cannot go inside or you will be DQed." You just walked straight inside without a care in the world even though you were a loser too. Jeez, talk about being a bad example.

Lol. Jk man. You're an awesome guy and I'm glad I got to see you again at TGC 2. Hopefully I will get better soon so I can kick your ass at the next TGC, because one day, I'm going to make you pay for calling me a 9 year old kid! Anyways, thanks for everything Xyro! You're the best! See ya at TGC 3!

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
1: MegaFox - Congrats on getting first. Looking like the dominant force in TX for now. Sucks we didn't get to play in singles but San Antonio it's going down :)

2: FlipHop - Sorry about being so salty. Combination of us playing round 3 and me playing so poorly. But ggs. You did work and kept Dallas out of the top! I'm coming for that Diddy sooner or later dog.

3: Denti - Just wanna say extremely disrespectful of you after a rushed 2/3 loser finals doubles to yell "get ****ed up" instead of just a normal exclamation and shaking of hands. Your poor sportsmanship left a bad vibe for me.

4: GrimTurtle - I'm coming home Mort Mort <3

5: Trela - Sad that you had to SD like that in our match but ggs. Let's take a little break/take our foot off the gas for a bit. San Antonio and beyond is where we got to show our stuff. RT pls.

5: Dao - Dang I didn't even see you sneak into top 5 nice! Always losing early and coming back lol.

7: Espy - Idk when's the last time we actually played in tournament but ggs! It was a fun and close set. Glad to see you're starting off so strong in this game. Until next time.

7: Kprime - Nice job doing work. SA 3 out of top 8 shows where y'all are at. Hopefully we can play soon.

9: AeroLink - I'll see you at SA or Dallas with the little Palutena.

9: Dojo - Always good to see you again man. We'll make sure to get some matches in at San Antonio. GGs in our set. Hopefully I see you out there more and more with that fire like I have. Should be fun to see our progress. Cya next time brother <3

9: RunCT - Nice job placing so high Houston boiiiii

9: Zori - My body is Zori. Fun seeing you again and EXTREMELY DISRESPECTFUL FOR YOU TO IGNORE BLUE BIRDEEE ACHA! Sick clutch vs Sync too.

13: YellowRello - Good to see you after a long time and team man. Sucks that we didn't get our goal but eh we know we could of done better. We still put in some work! Eggs n Knees came to life lol. Maybe another time we'll team and finish the job. Catch you on wifi later bro. Wii Fit still sucks doe.

13: SnorlaxPie500 - Who are you? Glad to see you after a long time. I'll be in San Antonio so catch ya there :)

13: Sync - Keep working dog! Kill off the plebs in your house and absorb their remains. That's the only way you'll improve. And get some pills bro, you look SICK. Always fun hanging with you brotini. We'll train some time.

17: Iggy - We'll have to play eventually! Gonna need that Rosa practice eventually!

17: Leaf - Pls don't use goggles pikachu PLEASE!

17: Tipy - GGs man. You're one of the new comers to this scene that I see potential in. Just keep working and grinding and practicing and you'll see improvement for sure! Love your attitude too when we play. Always a pleasure.

17: Nidak - Bro she better not be pregnant

17: Tesh - Quit ditching me for teams man.

25: Avoid - Look at this wanna be FRAUD picking up FALCON! Good to see you even tho you a little fish. Keep working on that baby Falcon so it'll learn to fly like Papa Turtle ;) We'll get some friendlies in eventually and bring it up to par.

25: Gnes - Destiny/Lou/Whataburger?

25: Paw - Lol I will forever remember 3 stocking you. I will never forget.

33: Xyro - My posts aren't meant to be interpreted as "hating." I'm letting you know feedback from my perspective of negative things that happened. The goal is to have future tournaments improve. I hope you'll listen out to me and other players. But thanks for hosting this event. Good to see that you're attracting 100+ people in this state again. Hope your dad is doing better foo!

65: Gimmemorathat - Thanks for helping out man! You did the best you could and definitely help make this event run by. I promise I'll make it out to a FG whenever I'm not working! Cool to see you again.

65: Cake - Nice seeing you after such a long while man.

97: Krebs - Always cool seeing you dude. I'll try to make it out to GFC whenever I can! Thanks for helping as well and keep working on your game!

97: P4 - Destiny? Gooch?

Too lazy to do more. But good to see so many new faces and such a large turnout! Hopefully we can continue this and bring in the hype for next year!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I will say a few things:

1: I want to start afterhouring at ihop or somewhere else once we done with these TGC events. Lets make that happen!

2: I played Metaknight and he is booty butt cheeks and wont be using him again. Time to Pacman it up!

3: Appreciate the shoutouts playa's. Sync you can rock ABK I Sync or Acha! I Sync anytime mayne. Imma get some Acha! shirts real soon so you can rock to tournaments na ming!

4: I will be venue hunting this whole week and signing some deals next week for the next venue so stay tuned for updates.

5: The future of TGC events will have a cap on attendance and for smash 4. The cap for the attendance will depend on the venue size and the max people we are tapping out at is 500 people in total which includes spectators and all the games that are being offered. We will not be making this a 2 day event and Xyro told me his tapout point is 128 for smash entrants but I think he can tapout at 150. Once the mobile app comes out and everybody starts sharing it we are going to continue to grow at a fast rate as thats the whole point of the mobile app. I want everyone to know that Eventbrite helped promote these events. I learned that in the future Eventbrite can always give us new players outside of the mobile app and the other promotion outlets we use to promote TGC so thats pretty dope. I have some other promotion outlets and ideas to keep the scene fresh but I will say once the app comes out I will slow down on promotion because at that point it will be to much. I have alot of email contacts that I will be sending out emails to for future events. The 2 preview events for TGC is exactly how I visioned it and its only going to get better and better. Im happy that these 2 test preview events happened so that we can work out the kinks and deliver great events for the future. Now that Xyro and his helpers have had a taste of what 131 bracket would like on a bi monthly basis they can act accordingly to improve for the next upcoming events.

The best thing to do from here on out is when I announce the date and the Eventbrite ticket page is up, get your tickets ASAP because once they sell out and we hit the cap I will make an announcement and say you cannot come to the venue because we hit the cap and will be over capacity so I just want everyone to know this information for future references.

Last edited:

yoshidino

Smash Rookie
NNID
Radonflux
3DS FC
1977-0655-8862
Character usage
Vash: :4falco: (when he rekt me)
Radonflux: :4yoshi::4drmario: (me)
DeadlyShock: :4greninja: (everybody gettin soaked)
Dino: :4lucario: (omg plz nerf)
Onion::4marth: (our match was fun)
Neonscar: :4robinf::4dedede: (it sucks when your first match is a ditto)

I'm still sad that that MK8 didn't happen, maybe next time.

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Another shoutout to Radonflux - Our match was really close! I had a lot of fun playing you! Hope we can have a rematch at the next TGC! Add me on Facebook! Michael Willis.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Great tournament overall. Ran smoother than I thought considering the amount of setups and space inside and outside the venue.

Shout Outs!
1: MegaFox:4fox: - Great matches! Surprised we never played in ending Brawl days. Both our styles are mad aggressive. Hope to face you again soon!
2: FlipHop:4diddy: - Considering the outside factors, DJ a corporate party till midnight the night before, and then DJ the Rockets game and come back to still take second is an amazing feat. Gotta keep the grind going!
3: Denti:4diddy::4sheik: - Good matches dude. Didn't know how energetic you get when you take a win or loss.
4: GrimTurtle:4falcon::4morton: - Sucks that we did have to face third round. You did put in that mad work, and took out Trela in the process. Your Falcon and Morten is a scary duo. We will team next TGC if you want to team wit me.
5: Trela:4robinf::4shulk:- Based Trela. You did great. We will play online matches soon.
5: Dao:4diddy: :4megaman: - Great stuff man. Thanks for taking that shot with me in the morning lol. Also...
:4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy:Stick to this guy :4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy:
7: Espy:4sonic: - Great matches man. 2 side throws on Smashville were hilarious to me and the crowd. Not a fan on how up air ended the match too soon. Can't wait to face you again next time.
9: Dojo:4sheik: - Great seeing you again bro. We didn't play any matches :(
9: RunCT:rosalina::4peach: - Considering you faced me second round and made your way to 9th, is GREAT. Keep it up bro. Your peach will be deadly!
9: Zori:4megaman: - Best Mega Man in Texas? GET EM ZORI-UMEHARA
13: SnorlaxPie500:4diddy: - Great seeing you again. Been a long time since we last met.
13: Sync:4greninja:- Greninja dude. GRENINJA DUDE. Good stuff man. You famous on the TV/Commentary feed.
17: Leaf:4pikachu: - Leaf, thanks for my quick intro in your video. Keep up the hard work bro.
17: BlueBird:4mario: - Great stuff on your placement! It will only get better. Keep pushing on becoming the best Luigi in the south!
17: Nidak:4diddy:- Solid placement bro! Diddddddddddddddddddddy
17: Tesh:4megaman: - Great chat before the tournament. Always good catching up and gaining knowledge from ya!
25: Avoid:4falcon::4marth: - Good seeing ya again. We definitely need to play online/offline matches.
25: Gnes:4robinf: - Your Diddy knowledge is still so good. We really need to catch up outside of tournaments,
25: Paw:4zss: - Good seeing ya. Still crazy how For Glory matched us up on the first day of Smash!
33: Furbs:4yoshi: - Great seeing you bro. Keep it up!
33: Xyro:4samus: - Thanks so much for doing your best to push me through the bracket as fast as you can so I can DJ Rockets Game. Even with all the Chaos, this tournament ran pretty fast considering the amount of people participating.

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
So 1st place in teams were forced to split with 2nd place because 2nd didn't want to split with 3rd? Wtf lol if there wasn't time left should of gave them 2nd place money. You punished the first place team(team waiting in gf)

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I agree
Shouldn't have split unless they won first set in grands and reset the bracket

Tagxy

Smash Lord
5: The future of TGC events will have a cap on attendance and for smash 4. The cap for the attendance will depend on the venue size and the max people we are tapping out at is 500 people in total which includes spectators and all the games that are being offered. We will not be making this a 2 day event and Xyro told me his tapout point is 128 for smash entrants but I think he can tapout at 150. Once the mobile app comes out and everybody starts sharing it we are going to continue to grow at a fast rate as thats the whole point of the mobile app. I want everyone to know that Eventbrite helped promote these events. I learned that in the future Eventbrite can always give us new players outside of the mobile app and the other promotion outlets we use to promote TGC so thats pretty dope. I have some other promotion outlets and ideas to keep the scene fresh but I will say once the app comes out I will slow down on promotion because at that point it will be to much. I have alot of email contacts that I will be sending out emails to for future events. The 2 preview events for TGC is exactly how I visioned it and its only going to get better and better. Im happy that these 2 test preview events happened so that we can work out the kinks and deliver great events for the future. Now that Xyro and his helpers have had a taste of what 131 bracket would like on a bi monthly basis they can act accordingly to improve for the next upcoming events.
A word of caution, I do understand limitations could make this necessary to run a quality event peeps will want to return to, but caps can also hurt new players the most. Awesome as things are going right now with smash 4 have to remember that it can turn around in a heartbeat and treat all players like they could leave at any point.

I would suggest 2-stocks for singles helping to alleviate time issues but I know Xyro is super pro 3-stocks.
3: Denti - Just wanna say extremely disrespectful of you after a rushed 2/3 loser finals doubles to yell "get ****ed up" instead of just a normal exclamation and shaking of hands. Your poor sportsmanship left a bad vibe for me.
You take what you can get, lol.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I had fun for the most part. I'm a little disappointed in my play and results, but I'm looking forward to making up for that in the future. It was cool seeing some old friends and getting to talk and catch up. GGs to everyone I played.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So...where da nuke?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
A word of caution, I do understand limitations could make this necessary to run a quality event peeps will want to return to, but caps can also hurt new players the most. Awesome as things are going right now with smash 4 have to remember that it can turn around in a heartbeat and treat all players like they could leave at any point.

I would suggest 2-stocks for singles helping to alleviate time issues but I know Xyro is super pro 3-stocks.

You take what you can get, lol.
I agree but the problem is that we have no choice. We are not making TGC a 2 day event so this is the only way to solve this issue. Me and Xyro talked about this a while back and this is the solution we came up with. The best thing we will do is slow down on promotion and dont be so aggressive. I have alot of connections with radio stations, tv channels all kinds of connects but wont use them cause that will be overkill. I will be using them when we do our major event we have planned for in 2016 because that will be a 2 or 3 day event. Things can turnaround most def but remember back in the hobo days we didnt have what we have now and I wasnt in the position i am now to create new channels to advertise out of constantly. It was smashboards, word of mouth and play n trade and thats pretty much it. Now there are like 6 different advertising channels we can use to bring in more players so its alot different now. I told Xyro that I wasnt going to even use my list of email contacts for this event and had i use that we would probably have had 150 entrants or more. I chilled on that cause I knew this event could be our biggest monthly just for smash judging by eventbrite tickets alone. Xyro will not change his mind on the stock rule and will keep it. The only option is to cap the turnout because we have to finish these events in 1 day and in 12 hours. When I add my fighting games to the lineup attendance is going to be between 200-500 players including spectators. Xyro and his helpers learned alot from these preview events and most def will be working on correcting any mistakes. I had plenty of challenges when i ran my weeklies at Dave and Busters for fighting games. 30 man brackets for 3 games, limited setups and under 2 hours. I got all that done every week. Was tuff due to lack of setups but I had to adapt, overcome and improvise which is what got me thru every weekly. We will have to do the same for TGC.

Last edited:

Tesh

Smash Hero
doubles was played after midnight in the parking lot last time and somehow a seasoned to of ten years still needs to 'test' running doubles after singles

your schedule literally forced san antonio to split twice in a row after being undefeated in doubles

big thanks to bwett for recording and all but you guys also need to stop putting every single hype match on the main setup. running the tournament takes priority over satisfying viewers

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I wasn't testing anything in regards to schedules or teams. Stop assuming.

Xyro77

I will def drop the nuke when I get off work. I was mega busy and fell asleep yesterday so I didnt post it then.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I will def drop the nuke when I get off work. I was mega busy and fell asleep yesterday so I didnt post it then.
Please, don't break your promise or you will make me sad. :(

Xyro77

I promise. I'll even tag you if you want. It's prob gonna be mean but I don't care

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I promise. I'll even tag you if you want. It's prob gonna be mean but I don't care
Dude, yeeeeeeeeeeeeees. I want some good reading material. I want RAGE.

Last edited:

Zori

Smash Champion
2: FlipHop- If you won I don’t think you would even let us forget haha, but good stuff buddy :] you been playing diddy from day one but like I said you are the villian now haha

4: GrimTurtle- You got your mini revenge but I know you are out for my blood. I’ll be ready next time and I’ll show you true Naruto, keep reppin that falcon!

5: Trela- My yung backslash, you took this lost better then I though you would. I know you prob wanted 1st but this was a HUGE turnout and things are changing. But I know you have the talent to win so keep it up man.

5: Dao- Megaman in winners/Diddy in losers lol. It’s ok I don’t blame you I would not expect anyone to play megaman lol way too hard.

7: Espy- Great set espy and as always you have a phenomenal sonic,btw I could hear everything thing you said behind me during my set with sync. The pellet-pellet to walk away is an input error fyi as I never did that again during the set. I could analyze everything you said but I’ll let it slide :] I will let my play do the talking in the future.

9: AeroLink- I respect you not going straight to top tier keep up the good work.

9: Dojo- DOJOOOOOOOOO good games, I don’t think I ever played you in brawl so this was an interesting experience. Sucks about my controller but the second game was really solid by you. Hope I see you more

9: RunCT- We already had our convo but I’m glad I we been playing a lot and I will accept full credit for all your victory’s :] lol jk

13: SnorlaxPie500- good seeing you bro.

13: Sync- Our match was out of this world man, it literally went to the wire. It’s sad about the time as our friendly’s usually end fast but this was the real deal. The ninja/megaman mu is very interesting I can’t wait for us to explore it more.

17: Iggy- Def the one of the best rosa I have played. Would like to see your mega more. We are a dying breed ;-;

17: BlueBird- I DIDN’T SEE YOUR HAND MAN IM SORRY I LOVE YOU, BEST LUIGI

17: Nidak- Lets quit smash and listen to trap music

17: Tesh- Thanks for the advice, I know I am too passive at times. I just want to make the best choices. I’m always open to constructive criticism
25: Avoid- GG bro, im glad you had fun in our set because I didn’t lol. Falcon is too scary I think at one point I got grabbed 7 times in a row. That time out was a heartbreaker :/ I’m trying really hard to make mega more aggressive but sometimes it’s just ugh….. 7 min timer doesn’t help my case either. My house is your house!

25: Gnes- I always let you down ;_;

33: Furbs- Living to 230 was insane I think my percent bar was black at one point. Great set

33: XyroThanks for hosting!

49: BrolyLegs GG man I think this is the first time we ever played

P4: play destiny

Last edited:

Xyro77

his post, much like doubles, wasnt completed on time
To be fair. I wasn't there to finish doubles. I heard yall left at 11:30. That means there was 40min of possible doubles time.

Top Bottom