• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Road to TGC 2! Full results are up (131 entrants)! A new Champion has appeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
I recorded nothing. There were no free TVs to setup. I will look into investing in one for tourneys.
You're welcome to setup capture on my TV next time around if you like.
I'm starting to feel kind of guilty about not bringing a setup. I have a set up, but it's my only one and I don't have any name tags to put on the equipment nor do I have a marker to use to write my name on them, so I feared my **** getting stolen. I could've gone to Wal-Mart beforehand, but I didn't know I didn't have nametags/markers until the very last minute. The most I could bring was the gamecube controller adapter and luckily Martez had a marker I used to write my name on that. Not implying that Houston is full of thieves but I've heard horror stories of people's **** getting stolen before because they didn't mark their belongings and I didn't want to be the victim of theft. Sorry.
I don't think anybody's stuff was stolen, including adapters. As far as I know. With so many people around I don't think anyone would be brave enough to steal.

Anyways, the tournament was fantastic. The TO's did all they could. Lots of **** talk in this thread but I see it as room for improvement. Also, Xyro, I hope the best for you and your family. Blood family before Smash family. Had lots of fun, played against great people, watched some great matches, met great people. Here's to TGC 1.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Fun tourney. I liked the free food, no entrance fee, and my stuff not getting stolen! K bye!

Well if they did steal they would be in a world of hurt if smashers found someone trying to mess with their community.

Also, we need to play again man.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i will do full results and drop a f-ing nuke on the haters at 5pm today. I'm done.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
You're welcome to setup capture on my TV next time around if you like.

I don't think anybody's stuff was stolen, including adapters. As far as I know. With so many people around I don't think anyone would be brave enough to steal.

Anyways, the tournament was fantastic. The TO's did all they could. Lots of **** talk in this thread but I see it as room for improvement. Also, Xyro, I hope the best for you and your family. Blood family before Smash family. Had lots of fun, played against great people, watched some great matches, met great people. Here's to TGC 1.
Only tournament we've had ALOT of stuff stolen was at an Anime convention with hundreds of people running around wearing masks.

Don't leave bags or controllers around and usually you will be fine. Its very hard to steal setups though because people are constantly trying to use them.

Well if they did steal they would be in a world of hurt if smashers found someone trying to mess with their community.

Also, we need to play again man.
There are people in the community that steal. Its just a bunch of people playing games and some of them are bad too.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Goofierrez on Wii u
Alright ill add you man. I wont play though until I come back down in Spring. The internet At my Apartment in Huntsville is balls.

There are people in the community that steal. Its just a bunch of people playing games and some of them are bad too.
Yea I expect there to be a few in every large group, but I am saying if people were to find out who exactly did it I doubt they would ever be welcome back. Of course that requires you to recognize the person.

Last edited:

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Cant even lie, that countdown to DQ was classic moments especially when the TO's said 6 seconds till DQ then everybody started yelling saying 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Happy New Years. Player Disqualified! LMAO... Priceless moments :chuckle:

Last edited:

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
This tournament was pretty hype. Lots of people, new faces everywhere. The DQ'ing thing was pretty awesome too. Definitely helps speed things along. I was a little bummed that there weren't many setups. Heck, I brought TWO full set-ups. Really glad the venue wasn't cold again, so that was nice. I ended up fighting GNES first round which was pretty lame, but I managed to make it pretty far in losers. Can't wait to see the full results as well.

GNES: One day I will take you down. I know it.

Sync: dat haircut

Bonren, Gwolf, BlueBird: Pretty cool to know you guys all play together. You're all pretty darn good. I will admit, I am VERY salty about that Luigi match against BlueBird. I hate luigi now...

Xyro: Sorry to hear what happened man, best wishes to you guys

Denti: I wasn't really rooting for ya, but I am pretty impressed by your energy. Especially when you won that match against Flip and you were like "F Yeah!"

Kadin/Illmatic: Always nice to see you guys.

Hope to see lots of people out at the next TGC. GG's

P.S. Bring set-ups por favor

Last edited:

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Also, double Villager in 2v2 is insane. More insane than that 1.0.3 SSB3DS thunder + bucket strategy because pocketed trees are 1000x stronger. Damn.
I feel like I should clarify this; double Villager is not anywhere near broken like that Pikachu/G&W strategy. Pocketing a tree requires way more setup/time and risk. First plant the seedling, then water it, then chop it down while the other villager is ready to pocket it (The Villagers must find time to cut down and pocket the tree before it disappears due to its time limit or from taking too much damage). If Villager fails to pocket the tree for whatever reason (mis-timing, opponent interupts pocket with an attack), he will likely die. Once Villager pockets the tree, he only has 30 seconds to use it before the pocketed item disappears.

Bucket + Thunder had none of these drawbacks - they could attempt it any time, and GW would not die if hit by the thunder.

Anyways good games again - I had a great time in all our doubles sets.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This is the worst game of Counter-Strike I have ever played. No one planted the bomb.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
NUKE ME, BIG BOYYYYYY

Last edited:

z00ted

i bet this is gonna suck **** just like this ****ty game and this ****ty tournament

Last edited:

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
Full results are on OP. I am missing a TON of characters so please please help me out. Rememebr, this goes on the Houston power rankings so i need as many character-to-name as possible.
I played G&W, Captain Falcon, and Link. Frogy played Marth and Bowser. Grandmuh played Pacman and Wii Fit Trainer.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I used Megaman as well as Rosa in singles. Ggs to everyone I played :3 see you guys in February!

z00ted

what a fraudulent post, xyro. where's the

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
I won 2 losers bracket matches with Little Mac... who cares though lol my singles placement was garbage. 2v2 tho :4villagerf::4villager:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
what a fraudulent post, xyro. where's the

Ill drop the bomb and update the OP with all these character updates once im done eating Mexico food and drinking a girly drink (strawberry margarita).

Guys, i literally have ZERO character results for 2vs2. Please help me lololololol

Top Bottom