• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The road to Paragon

D

Deleted member

this thread is going to be my training regimen for paragon for the next 2 weeks, going from august 17th - 31st. my goals are as follows:

- improve generalized smash skill
- get into better physical shape

i believe that physical fitness and taking care of one's self is an important part to self improvement for all things, smash included. i am developing a mild program to practice for paragon, and i encourage you all to join me so we can keep each other honest and support each other with accountability. every day i am going to post exactly what i eat/drink, any exercise i do, and any notes i get from my practice. i intend to practice and exercise at least one hour each every day. more specifically, i want to lose 10 lbs, and play my utmost best in california. i will start first thing in the morning, and i hope some of you will copy me as i go.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
perhaps after your training regimen

you will finally enter singles

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I'm helping a girl move this afternoon, but would otherwise be hitting the gym right now. Not sure if it's better to practice tech before or after breakfast

EDIT: I've also been playing some Rising Thunder in lieu of having access to good Smash practice. It's a completely different style of game, but maybe learning new stuff like that is good for the Smash brain cells.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

so today i had a small bowl of cereal for breakfast, a fiber bar for lunch, and a couple bowls of salad for dinner. i weighed 187.8 when i woke up.

playing by myself made me realize that i basically suck and my fluidity is gone for not having played for 6 weeks. the damage is worse than i expected. i'm basically halfway through my 1 hour, and i think i should just practice freeplay hitting the opponent the entire time to get fluidity back.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
From experience: Losing weight is more easily achieved by eating MORE than you'd expect. It's more important to take care in WHAT you eat vs. how much.

Don't eat just 3 times a day. Try to eat at least every 3 hours.
Don't have full meals every three hours, instead try having them every 6.
In between meals have a snack, something full of energy preferably (a handful of almonds and a low (or non) sugar drink for example). Carbs + Sugars are bad when had together in one meal.
Try to avoid refined sugars.
Make sure your water intake is at least half of what your weight is in ounces of water (187lbs/2 = 93.5 ounces of water, or almost 5 bottles a day. It seems like a lot but it really isn't when you start getting physically active)
Drink some water before eating and after. Drinking some before helps in two ways: adds some "calorie free" filler which helps with that "full" feeling after eating, and it helps your metabolism.

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
From experience: Losing weight is more easily achieved by eating MORE than you'd expect. It's more important to take care in WHAT you eat vs. how much.

Don't eat just 3 times a day. Try to eat at least every 3 hours.
Don't have full meals every three hours, instead try having them every 6.
In between meals have a snack, something full of energy preferably (a handful of almonds and a low (or non) sugar drink for example). Carbs + Sugars are bad when had together in one meal.
Try to avoid refined sugars.
Make sure your water intake is at least half of what your weight is in ounces of water (187lbs/2 = 93.5 ounces of water, or almost 5 bottles a day. It seems like a lot but it really isn't when you start getting physically active)
Drink some water before eating and after. Drinking some before helps in two ways: adds some "calorie free" filler which helps with that "full" feeling after eating, and it helps your metabolism.
Correct me if Im wrong, but he still needs a healthy means of a calorie deficit (exercise) for this to work properly.

D

Deleted member

i crashed last night after practicing, time for an update-

i weighed myself yesterday at 186.8, but then i also had an actual meal after. usually my diet is being too lazy to eat because its easier, but i went out with bec prog and strongbad, who could turn that down?

i started using crest white strips for whiter teeth and i got a haircut. so maybe i wont look like a scumbag in cali.

practice was... interesting. i'm still working on base fluidity because punish gameis more important than anything else. i found out that i basically suck and DF is probably going to carry my fat ass in teams. i also found out that wall cling lets sheik go wayyyyy deep on delfino secret. it looked pretty dumb.

edit- i drink water all day while im at work

Last edited by a moderator:

Boiko

:drshrug:
Regarding water intake, the recommended amount DOES NOT compensate for water being pushed out of your body through exercise and diuretics, you need to supplement that with additional intake.

And as far as six small meals a day, this is to stimulate your metabolism and keep it active so nutrients are absorbed better etc.

Diet is the absolute number one way to lose weight. It's 90 percent diet, 10 percent exercise. Portion control is also really important. I used to eat two slices of pizza when I went out, eventually I cut it down to one. I would get hungry sooner so I would eat something small like a yogurt or a granola bar. It's healthier, and more importantly, it's lower caloric intake. Eventually your body will adjust to be able to function with a smaller amount of food. Just make sure you wean yourself slowly, don't want to shock the system.

Source: healthy life boyz.

Anyway, I'm super excited for you and stoked to hang again at Paragon and wish you all of the best in achieving your goals!

D

Deleted member

so yesterday i drank water all day, and actually ate two bowls of cereal and a bowl of salad. still pretty low on calories i think. i used the white strips and my teeth feel like glass. i tried to go for a walk and it started raining so i gave up. life is suffering, enjoy arbys lol

for practice i switched controllers and instantly played way better. so basically im going back to the crappy controller to keep practicing until i go to paragon. i think for sheik your game plan has to adapt constantly because the character is fundamentally defensive/reactive... not sure how i can be learning matchups better so im still just focusing on fluidity and punishment options.

also now that i actually practice, i tried mk and fox for a bit. these characters are godly and they can both DD sheik out of the game probably. salt life.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

this weekend i got a new controller in the mail- an unopened club nintendo mario hat controller. maybe the last one period lol. i played on it for about five minutes and put it back in the box. i'll be using that in cali.

i stopped dieting over the weekend and more made it a point not to be a slob fatass. ive been floating around 185 all weekend, eating mostly cereal. strongbad asked me to go for a walk last night and i basically said no im a fat piece of ****.

in terms of practice, ive kept practicing and most of the rust is gone, but i still dont look "good" by my standards. on the other hand, my goal is to focus on teams where sheik can often just sit back and wait because its two opponents that can hang themselves at any time and the format basically doesnt allow you to not_commit indefinitely like singles does.

in a few ways, being okay with playing substandard or not losing weight for a few days sucks. on the other hand, i'm okay with the idea of two steps forward but one step back because i still see it as a net gain. ive already resumed my diet today and i'll be back to grinding sheik stuff later tonight.

D

Deleted member

im in an ihop and people are tryin to buy me food send help

Top Bottom