• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
^ I would like to see it happen before anything honestly. Two points of confirmation is better then one. Also do we KNOW what the unlock condition is for ROB?
I'm guessing finishing Classic with every character, as far as the stream is going. I would argue that it's the kind of method you use to unlock the "last" character, but... heh.
I definitely hope we're wrong and that guy is a masterful troll, but really, chances are becoming slimmer by the minute.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
We have no picture of allstar mode without padlock either, and the correct translation is "Congratulations you have unlocked allstar mode. Defeat all the fighters!". It might simply be that he now can USE allstar, not that allstar is complete. Patience!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Haha, all these people saying we'll still get an 'awesome game' regardless, well let me tell you, WE'RE NOT GETTING ANY AWESOME GAME WITH THIS ****TY ROSTER. Everything that was good about the game was hanging on there being 5 more characters, now we can actually confirm that the game sucks and we should only buy it to make a public burning of Smash 3DS and Wii U and retweet it to Sakurai, we can throw in some older Kirbys, Air Ride, Melee, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Brawl boxes there too, oh, and don't forget Smash64 boxes.

THIS. GAME. CONFIRMED. FOR. SUCKING. PERIOD.

And no, don't try to make it better with your 'We can have Project M Ridley' IT'S OVER, SMASH4 SUCKS, that's all that mattered, and now it's gone, I can't even bring myself to cry...I'm just, deeply dissapointed and furious.
Stop embarrassing other Ridley supporters, will you?

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
The guy who said there were more characters was trolling I guess, all the characters are now unlocked and shown.

So Ridley fans, it has been fun, but as everyone who wasn't desperate saw, he was deconfirmed back in the direct with Greninja.

Ridley was too big.

ridley was not to big then Dixie was disconfirmed because she was to small :) and there still dlc

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo literally blew their load early on, and kept stringing us along with the promise of more.

The sad thing is... it worked. And I'm all the angrier at them for it.

That's why I'm mad. We were promised greater things, and then we ended up with "Clones, costumes, some brats, and a dog, lol."

I liked the dog, koopalings, and costumes, but... They're not worth getting hyped about, and Nintendo KNEW it! ARGH!

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Literally F*** Sakurai. I try to respect him and I've loved almost everything he's done... but this is outrageous. He ignored all the fan demand for Mewtwo, K. Rool AND RIDLEY. LIKE SERIOUSLY?!??! EVEN FRIGGING REGGIE KNOWS HOW MUCH PEOPLE WANT REGGIE!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS....

Sorry. I'm just pissed.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
One thing for sure, if Ridley somehow was DLC, I'd probably be even more pissed than if he simply wasn't in.

"Oh, you want Ridley, one of the most requested characters of all time in Smash?"
"You'll need to pay $7.99 to play him. We didn't include him in the base game because we knew you'd pay extra for him."
"Please understand."

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I really don't want Sakurai making the next game, i'm sick of his favoritism. Ignores the fans and does whatever he wants. At least i have Sonic though.

HDER

Smash Rookie
rip, don't want him in and never wanted him in and pray he never gets in but

rip

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
So Ridley fans, it has been fun, but as everyone who wasn't desperate saw, he was deconfirmed back in the direct with Greninja.
I disagree. There was more than enough ambiguity in that Direct clip for someone to think not everything was as it seemed, and the lack of Nintendo stopping the false hype for Ridley afterwards means that we weren't "desperate" at all. We were within reason.

Boomuki

Smash Cadet
NNID
BooMuki
3DS FC
0963-0043-6790
wow i always thought these kind of people are dumbasses, but im considering to not buy the game, not just because of my of saltyness right now, but also because of not accepting to keep buying this series when sakurai does nothing than trolling the fans more and more. his arm pains in the ass. his ****ty kid icarus overrepresentation in the ass. him being the director in the ass.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

The only hope at this point is a patch with more characters to fill the spaces

Or dlc at this point it was an honor

I still like the roster I'm a fan will still enjoy ssb4

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Warning Received
Haha, all these people saying we'll still get an 'awesome game' regardless, well let me tell you, WE'RE NOT GETTING ANY AWESOME GAME WITH THIS ****TY ROSTER. Everything that was good about the game was hanging on there being 5 more characters, now we can actually confirm that the game sucks and we should only buy it to make a public burning of Smash 3DS and Wii U and retweet it to Sakurai, we can throw in some older Kirbys, Air Ride, Melee, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Brawl boxes there too, oh, and don't forget Smash64 boxes.

THIS. GAME. CONFIRMED. FOR. SUCKING. PERIOD.

And no, don't try to make it better with your 'We can have Project M Ridley' IT'S OVER, SMASH4 SUCKS, that's all that mattered, and now it's gone, I can't even bring myself to cry...I'm just, deeply dissapointed and furious.
Is this guy serious?

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
5 MORE SLOTS, IT AIN'T OVER YET. That said, get over it if he isn't in. This game has so many awesome newcomers. Get over yourself and perhaps rethink your life priorities.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Stop embarrassing other Ridley supporters, will you?
I'm not embarrassing anyone, the only embarrassing thing about this IS THE ROSTER. What? So I'm embarrassing because I don't accept a Ridley-less Smash4 because it objectively SUCKS without Ridley? Sakurai failed us all, he failed to add the most relevant and important newcomer who really deserved to make the cut and added a bunch of disgusting clones instead.
Is this guy serious?

You're as funny as the people insulting Ridley supporters on the Twitch chat.
5 MORE SLOTS, IT AIN'T OVER YET. That said, get over it if he isn't in. This game has so many awesome newcomers. Get over yourself and perhaps rethink your life priorities.
No amount of Rosalina, Villager, Megaman, Robin, Lucina, Palutena, DHD, Little Mac or anyone else can make up for the fact that there's no Ridley, and YOU should rethink your life priorities and get over yourself if Ridley not being in has such a small impact on you.

Last edited:

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
well, can't say I didn't expect this. It's a shame, but to be honest we had so little to go on. Much of the speculation was based on almost zero 'proof'. I found myself getting swept up in the madness and very quickly losing rationality, and had to bring myself back to lucidity on a few occasions. I guess we read too much into it.

A few weeks ago I started to think more realistically, that Ridley would be too good to be true. Made me realise we already have one corker of a roster, and even if he's not playable, we do at least appear to have him appearing in Pyrosphere. Even if he doesn't make good playable material, he's still here, more prominent that ever, and for that I'm happy enough.

And as for clones, the roster cannot possibly be chosen in such a silly method of choosing a wild number and piecing together characters until said number is fulfilled. This isn't the X Factor. Characters are selected according to whether they work as a playable character, and clones are given separate slots if they alter the balance. They could have simply cut the good Doctor, Lucina and Dark Pit, and that would give no more reason to add anyone else. Ridley simply couldn't have worked well enough to make it.

So yeah, DLC is possible, but I hope we've all learned about excessive baseless speculation and optimism without reason. It's been an awful lot of fun, guys, and nice to finally know. See you in game!

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
It might be a fake guys. Lets wait for gema yue to confirm it. Besides, we can still hope dlc and secret secret characters

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I don't know what I'm more offended by, the fact that this could be it, or the fact that people are still trying to say Ridley will be DLC , if a high profile character like Ridley won't make it in the main roster, what will making him DLC change? I mean seriously why DLC after making him a boss on the Wii U version, it makes no sense. All I see is people in denial. Though Part of me is still holding out that the image was fake, but if it's not we have to accept it and move on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member

Ridley may not be a playable fighter, but...

Who said he isn't a controllable boss in the Wii U version? ;D After all, we actually don't know a lot about the contents of the Wii U version...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't know about you guys, but I will wait until Gema_Yue unlocks R.O.B. and sees if the Message pops up and if the All-Star Mode Lock Symbol disappears. Even then, I will support Ridley for possible DLC in the future. I will do it by myself if I have to.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I guess instead of campaigning for Ridley we should hope for a new director for Smash. I find it hard to believe anyone else would make this many illogical decisions.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
The amount of faltering going on saddens me.

This ain't over unitl I hear "Ridley's not in." from Sakurai's mouth.

RudySpino

Smash Rookie
Ok, I got a question! I haven't been closely following all this craziness.

All I know is someone supposedly livestreamed the final roster and its just the leaked roster without the remaining hype characters.

Someone tell me just what's going on. Where did all these Smash Bros demos come from? Are they the final build of the game? Isn't nintendo livestreaming stuff officially tommorow? What the heck is going on?

Zynux

Smash Lord
I propose a creation of a Ridley group for leftover Ridley fans, as this thread will surely go to hell soon. I probably won't participate since I'll probably bounce soon once after the salt takes over the forum and all the information is confirmed.

Overall, this game will still be relatively decent regardless of Ridley/no Ridley. Don't get too angry now. Especially @ D-idara D-idara Detractors want to see the salt flow through you.

Also, personal thoughts: Ridley will probably never be playable because he will always be thrown in some new Gimmick that Sakurai wants. Shame.

It's finally over.

Looking forward to seeing Ridley on pyrosphere.
I'm not looking forward to it.

I'll probably have avoid the stage, since intrusive stage hazards are obnoxious.

That's the spirit. The Melee enthusiasists didn't just give up when Sakurai repeatedly say he would never make another game like Melee, they just made their own.

We are the largest and most passionate fanbase of all potential newcomers, if anyone can make a high quality playable hack of a character as challenging as Ridley it is us.

We should start a group soon. Just look at how many people are viewing this topic. Over 500!

Ridley is truly the last Nintendo All-Star.
I generally agree that, at the very least, passionate Ridley fans themselves need to show that Ridley can work.

Hopefully, Ridley's model in the Wii U version will be more workable then Brawl's

Thor

Smash Champion
I'm not embarrassing anyone, the only embarrassing thing about this IS THE ROSTER. What? So I'm embarrassing because I don't accept a Ridley-less Smash4 because it objectively SUCKS without Ridley? Sakurai failed us all, he failed to add the most relevant and important newcomer who really deserved to make the cut and added a bunch of disgusting clones instead.
You are embarrassing in general [and Ridley supporters too I guess] because you can't use English properly.

I need to set up some forum where I define the word "objectively" and then beat people over the head with something every time they misuse it.

Most relevant newcomer? Don't make me laugh. That probably goes to Shulk or Mega-Man [and that's subjective too].

Last edited:

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
And... Since when were all characters unlocked through classic mode, hm? Buck your ideas up people for christ sake. 2 years of denial and tenacity for this?

Top Bottom