• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

#HarveyDent
alex strife seriously you should just cancel viridian city for this month it's a terrible terrible idea IMO. this tourney is going to be sooo epic and if there are any players who miss out on it because they don't want to travel an extra hour they seriously are going to regret it.

thumbs i'm gonna try to get wife to drive up if you're near him.

WE NEED SIGS FOR THIS

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Confirm me for this. I'm definitely coming to this after I go to mass madness.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CANADA IN THIS *****!!

Also, KDJ confirmation is too good. I think the title of this thread needs to read "feat. PC Chris, KDJ, Azen, Chillin, Chudat, Cort, RaynEX and more" for increased hype.

As if M2K vs. Mango wasn't enough :laugh:

EDIT:

thumbs i'm gonna try to get wife to drive up if you're near him.
I think the only other thing we'd need to make this thing pure MLG (besides Ken and Isai) would be some Wife commentary.

GET IT DONE SCAR! (also fix the volume lol it was so low on the Event 52 vids)

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
alu why dont you speak with the owner of the venue about possibly being a little flexible if it runs late.

smash NEVER EVER EVER starts at 11 am so we can b.s. all we want but we know thats not happening. especially with people driving from every which way and we gotta wait on em.

hope this tourney runs amazing. + 5 hype

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
alex strife seriously you should just cancel viridian city for this month it's a terrible terrible idea IMO. this tourney is going to be sooo epic and if there are any players who miss out on it because they don't want to travel an extra hour they seriously are going to regret it.

Well I kinda posted first so that is my one thing plus alukard knew the date. Other than M2K and vanz I did not see anyone of those people come to viridian city so I do not see a reason to really cancel a tournament. I have my event at a lan center so I will be watching the vids while the tournament is going on.

Besides Alukard said it best...ppl will go to melee and ppl go to brawl...i do not see a big deal in all of this. At the same time I held off on Feb monthly due to all the tournaments in feb. We can chat on aim about it cause alukard really did a great job getting hype so I do not want to get off the amazing topic of the attendence

Scar

#HarveyDent
I should have assumed viridian city was brawl, i thought it was like brawl+melee or something

no big deal then

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I should have assumed viridian city was brawl, i thought it was like brawl+melee or something

no big deal then

maybe you had Apex on your mind XD

its all good trust me I'll make sure everyone at VC watches some matckes that day

Lovage

Smash Hero
holy
****ing

i went to sleep at like 8pm last night and i check smashboards today and....holy jesus christ this tourny is getting ridiculous. zhu are you flying with me and mango. RAYNEX UR COMING OMFG. i cant wait to meet and play every single person. and money matches too get at me. pools would be tight. i cant wait for this

say it with me
live streams
draft crews
record everything
get drunk

mission
COMPREE

Eggm

Smash Hero
Confirm me for this. I'm definitely coming to this after I go to mass madness.
Are you gonna stay in the US for the whole week in between or drive to both?

Edit : Can I smash 90 % of smash tournaments start at like 11:30 Its just not in NY lol. So lets be real get here on time no johns.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if anyone actually thinks draft crews is gonna happen at this.... LOL

for real ppl. get there early. this tourney is awesome, and its worth it to wake up early ONCE. step it up. if u wanna miss doubles and come late for singles, so be it lol

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Worth coming by if I can't make it until the afternoon? This looks awesome but I won't be back in town in time for signups.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Worth coming by if I can't make it until the afternoon? This looks awesome but I won't be back in town in time for signups.
Still worth it watching singles finals its going to be epic with everyone screaming. Also. You can play friendliest he whole time with people form all around the country if you don't enter anyways. You'll probably make it time to enter singles too if you want and you should (fastest way to get better).

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
I'm so excited for this. I hope Chu and the rest of MD/VA come. It wouldn't be the same without them :(. Also MW, step it up! let's get dark rain, vidjo, drephen, and THE FLUX WOLF to come. EC <3's MW. WC sucks LOL.

strawhats

Smash Master
Where the **** is ken at. With him there the melee scene would definitely return to its golden age. I guess with or w/o. Ken this **** is gonna be sick. I wish I could go but I don't think my parents would let me go.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I propose a title change, "2009 MLG opener in NY Feat. M2k/Azen/Chu/Chillin/cort/mango/kdj".
the title should also say like ANMC EVENT
ppl have been waiting for the 3rd event for so long

wow what if ken did go to this haha. imagine the hype. melee would instantly be the most popular smash game again.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I doubt ken would go lol, but what about Maine!? darc get your sexy 12 year old face at this tournament.
I asked dawza to come win teams with darc and hes going to some random brawl tournament in west mass. Everyone post and tell him he's lame.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Come on Ken step it up!!

Also, I heard Isai started playing some Melee again. Maybe we can get him to come to this? Bribe him with some Smash 64 lol

strawhats

Smash Master
The most epic match in my opinion is a free for all fight ie. M2K vs. PC vs. Mango vs. KDJ/DSW. Let the **** begin :)

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I doubt ken would go lol, but what about Maine!? darc get your sexy 12 year old face at this tournament.
I lost the hair so now I'm like 10 or something. If someone can pick me up from the train station in Boston or something then I'll go.

strawhats

Smash Master
Come on Ken step it up!!

Also, I heard Isai started playing some Melee again. Maybe we can get him to come to this? Bribe him with some Smash 64 lol
Isai's already pre-reg for Genesis. Gaww **** if Ken shows up for that. I would feel sorry for that gamecube when Ken and M2K go at it again.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Are you gonna stay in the US for the whole week in between or drive to both?

Edit : Can I smash 90 % of smash tournaments start at like 11:30 Its just not in NY lol. So lets be real get here on time no johns.
Nah I got school I'm busing back home then going back out the weekend after.

is there a watching fee??
Probably a venue/door fee..

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Ken was the king of smash overall and we all respect him for what he did, but m2k would whoop him just like he has previously. Mango vs M2K !!!! With EC trash talk...., Wait even better TRI-State Trash talk !!!!! Hype hype hopefully they fight in the finals else I'll be dissapointed LOL even if it's me in the finals.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So the reason I am not going to make it is because Preston and Steve have their cardboard classic that weekend at Jack Frost. My brothers and I are going. However the event is on Friday (I am taking off of work). On Saturday, my brother wants to go snow boarding. I want to go to this tournament. I could go but it would probably really piss him off. Man this sucks.

JFox

Smash Hero
Pakman, cant u reschedule snowboards so it wont piss him off quite as much? like "oh hey somethin came up that weekend, could we do it next weekend"

seriously, this is huge and its just getting bigger every hour of every day. I really want you to be there.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Things I would like to know about this tournament:

1. Is all of the tournament entrance fee going to prizes? (is the venue planning on taking a cut more than just the $10/person for venue fee?)

2. Is there anyway we can get them to let us stay noticeably later? I honestly don't think there's any way this is finish without us having the venue until like midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom