• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Return of Rochester! October 24th. And the New NYS PR!!!!

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I need a melee partner if you can't find one mana. You can play me when we get there if you want to see how good I am. Link is solid for doubles, but I also play Mario.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You guys are not seriously having this pkmn discussion, are you?

Cuz I might have to join in. .__.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Soo.... if nobody is willing to house me for VC, Im probably goin to this. Is anyone passing by the albany area going to the tourney? I'd like to compete, but if not, Ill just go with altarian and make the smashfest.

EDIT:@JTEG no lies.

EDIT AGAIN: Nvm, srry but Im still missin out on this one.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I think me and goodies are teaming for melee. But i havent talked with him in awhile to comfirm this.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
everything is far from the city but the city lol thats how ny is it sucks dont worry about it kid theres mad stuff in the city look there

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
How far is Rochester fro Queens? im 15 and I gotta make sure my mom is ok with it :p
Polytech in Brooklyn is next month so aim for that.

I'm just wondering if there will be any recording set ups for the tourney (CBC brought it up when playing Melee with ZOMG Rob). I could bring mine, but it'll be too much of a hassle to reccord every match (not to mention impossible) so it would be best saved for the finals.

Another alternative would be having homebrew on installed on the wii's version 4.0 and below and equip them with the replay hacks (longer than 3 min+saved names) and sending me the .bin files via e-mail. (BTW, it now takes less than 3 min or so to install homebrew, especially if i come with it preinstalled onto the SD card. )

Tell me what you think.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you should talk it out with cura, (gaia x if you dont know already) he said he was going to bring a recording set up, and since I know next to nothing about that stuff in general it would probably be best served for you two to figure out whos recording set up is less of a hassle, and to figure out who should bring what.

not ruling out the possibility of both of you bringing them, of course.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Just left him a message. I'm just thinking about what's more convinient for everyone, and the best way to gather more footage to put online. Might as well make an Upstate/WNY youtube channel too (the same way Illinois has one).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
cura already has a WNY video thread floating around somewhere, its just that currently, its all his videos, since the rest of us either cant or dont record enough.

Kantō

Smash Champion
cura already has a WNY video thread floating around somewhere, its just that currently, its all his videos, since the rest of us either cant or dont record enough.
theres videos of cura, stomps, pdiddy, cross and myself.

also, i hope ur tourney goes well KID! good luck everyone. i wish i could go, but the cuse kids are comming up to kick yall's ***'s:chuckle:

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
theres videos of cura, stomps, pdiddy, cross and myself.

also, i hope ur tourney goes well KID! good luck everyone. i wish i could go, but the cuse kids are comming up to kick yall's ***'s:chuckle:
i will be in those next videos >:O i will make sure of it. cura knows he wants me in his vid threads :D i will kick *** at this tourny tomorrow

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Um, you guys are aware that I have a recording setup right?

Bluepeach- Talk to Mario Moonshine ASAP. His AIM is Abuzunk.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Is the list in the original post accurate? If so were only gonna have like 3 melee set-ups.
I might be able to bring one if Erk comes. Otherwise I will prolly only be able to bring a Disc+memory card.

also am I the only one staying till sunday? I hope not.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Ive never been to a tournament that had every single tournament match recorded, its just not feasible
It is, provided if they have the right equipment. I'm just saying, if something epic happens,I just want to have actual footage of it happening. But yeah, homebrew does make it easier. Only a matter of saving the match and sending it via e-mail later.

altairian

Smash Lord
Ive never been to a tournament that had every single tournament match recorded, its just not feasible
It's feasible if people aren't spastic and actually hit Z after their games end. Most people just don't bother recording the early rounds cause most games tend to be one sided.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm bringing my wii, and I have homebrew with unlimited replay times + names. I'll try to upload the videos that are saved if my wii is used and anything is recorded.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Aww, Jessie, that was such a sweet letter to all of us. Now I have to attend, even if I'm going to be tired as hell.

This should be great fun.

Top Bottom