• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Return of Rochester! October 24th. And the New NYS PR!!!!

ssbbfalcoxxx

Smash Cadet
wario

omg T.E.G tell ur friend to put me on the map! i am a great wario. i will win this tourney lol i will try and r we still gonna be partners??pika pika u better show the f*** up! lol kid i got dook comming too.

ROCHESTER TEAM ASEMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
To TEG: tl;dr

Dear TEG, make posts that don't make people's attention spans whither after you've made the point in the first paragraph, we've all grasped what you were trying to say by then. DOn't say people are Johning because they want the date changed, if anything it's less of a John because they want to show up in the first place. I don't have the money this week, I'd likely have it next week which is why I asked for that. If being broke is a John, the term should stop being used, because it's overgeneralized.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Nice rally, Jessie.

Any time I'm around you I learn something - whether it be about smashing or something pertaining to RL. You taught me an analytical mindset that transcends melee and has changed my outlook on life. Thanks.

@bluepeachy

Being "broke" is a money john. Yes, there are a variety of personal situations to overcome, but getting a part time job for some fun money seems reasonable for someone in your position... just a suggestion.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
Nice speech TEG! I agree 100% that the only reason other communities are so good is because they get together so often and that that's the only reason. Thanks for putting LeRoy in there with 4 other cities too. lol I think Ricky is the only other kid from LeRoy and from what I hear he doesn't play anymore.
So far so good for me coming to this. I'll give it my best effort, but melee has it's place on my priority list and it's not #1.
BTW I might need to mooch a controller off someone when I get there. Mine is not working well and I might not have the money or time to get a new one by Saturday.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
This is gonna be so sick. I'll have a setup in my room for 1v1 with people that just really want to improve, and want advice.

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
This is gonna be so sick. I'll have a setup in my room for 1v1 with people that just really want to improve, and want advice.
that seems good. btw if anything sync, i can go with anyone, as long aas they have room. i just want to go. idc bout anything else. i want to be there. rob doesnt even know me, hence played me. <_< im sure if he saw me play he'd let me aboard. but seriously i dont mind begging for a ride there

altairian

Smash Lord
Oh, assuming I make it there, should I bring my setup? I won't be there till around 8pm so it won't be much use for the tourney, but I dunno how many setups you'll have for the smashfest.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
yea now its almost certain i will come. cant wait to play its been like a year and a half since ive played competitive smash. oh and btw i'll be playing under ERockNRoll

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I probably won't be able to make this.
Stop being such a ***** liar. you know youre gonna do the same thing that other kid said and come up with a nasty stomach virus 3 hours b4 ur shift starts.
Mom won't let me unless I get good grades. I have to wait for my report card which is 4 weeks away.
when I was in school, i used to ask my teachers to call my parents and give them progress reports on how I was doing in class. This was, of course, assuming that I was actually doing well in said classes
Nice speech TEG! I agree 100% that the only reason other communities are so good is because they get together so often and that that's the only reason. Thanks for putting LeRoy in there with 4 other cities too. lol I think Ricky is the only other kid from LeRoy and from what I hear he doesn't play anymore.
So far so good for me coming to this. I'll give it my best effort, but melee has it's place on my priority list and it's not #1.
BTW I might need to mooch a controller off someone when I get there. Mine is not working well and I might not have the money or time to get a new one by Saturday.
1. i actually have a controller that Id be willing to give you. its perfect and works fine outside of the fact that the control stick has no pad and its all just hard plastic. other than that, ill just let you use my special Goodies given controller. It gives me kelvins eyes and allows me to analyse and decipher any players weakness.
2. try to get in touch with that other kid, and see if he can come, this is a great starting tourney for somebody who hasnt played in a while.

that seems good. btw if anything sync, i can go with anyone, as long aas they have room. i just want to go. idc bout anything else. i want to be there. rob doesnt even know me, hence played me. <_< im sure if he saw me play he'd let me aboard. but seriously i dont mind begging for a ride there
thats the best part about the smash community, the fact that you play smash is all I would need to know about you to be willing to give you a ride.
I'll be there. Havent played in months but I'm there because ****s gonna be a crazy time.
This guy knows what hes talking about.
yea now its almost certain i will come. cant wait to play its been like a year and a half since ive played competitive smash. oh and btw i'll be playing under ERockNRoll
are you that mystery guy that aimed me and said that he went to RIT and had a car? cus i need to talk to you to confirm plans if so...

also, jesses post is going on the first post, you should check it out.

also, quick note, some of the strongest regions in the country, like texas, and california, have to go through much longer drives and much more ardous tasks to get to their tourneys, yet the HOBO series and the california weekly tourneys, have some of the largest numbers for regular attendance anywhere.

Why?

Love of the game, and love of the community. Show up and youll understand, is all I can say.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
This will be the first melee tournaments ive ever in about a year. or longer.

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
yo googles. I might be able to go. my original plans was to get off of work on the 30th but i dont think im gonna go to the scheduled event (it sounds mad gay) so im gonna talk to my boss today and ask him if i can just get off a day this weekend instead of next week.

seriously buffalo. get ur *** to JTEG's crack shack.

Foy

Smash Champion
Yo seriously since im not around to hype things up and win this. Everyone in a 5 mile radius should show up to this and just get really good. We have enough people in the area to start stuff up. We just need to get together more often and **** face and get good. For melee and brawl.

Represent ya **** and get to Rochester to keep this community alive.

We don't want to turn out like North Dakota and have absolutely no smashers at all.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I should do that from now on. We get progress reports five weeks in, but only if you have bad grades, and well.... I haven't gotten any. ._. Anyway, sowwi, teh mediocre Sonic/Falco can't make it. ^^;

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I really wish I could go to this. Greens legal...good job. MK's only disadvantaged stage.

Accursed distance. :(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats partially up to you and if you come and how many people you bring with you.

the best answer I can give you is,

not enough

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
Before the night is over there has to be a free for all on Hyrule Temple! And I have to be a part of it. Link is **** good in a free for all. (cuz I make him that way). . .

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. thank you for actually spelling my name right and putting the capitals in the proper positions.

2. some dude aimed me saying he had a car and went to RIT which we really need right now, since we have up to about 10 people from the college that want to go to the tourney and me and that guy i talked to are the only ones with cars.

3. if you have a car, would you be willing ot transport other student to the tourney?

4. what are you doing tomorrow night?

hubble

Smash Ace
HYPE HYPE HYPE ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT IMMA BUST OUT THE TECH SKILL PRACTICE.

Show up and lets make this a monthly thing so we can all get mad good.

Rochester and Upstate NY has so much potential that we CANNOT waste.

Get ready to be loud and learn so much about smash your going to start ****ting out everything else you know so you can learn more about smash.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
imo me jesse and steffon should make a power triangle and get better

ill try to get out to you guys more because im thinking of focusing more energy into smash. im amazed myself.

edit: if anyone frmo syracuse EVER wants to play ill play for sure i can house people or i can drive down. but just ask foy, coming to oswego for a weekend is well worth it =)

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
Yea im already taking 3 other people which leaves only one spot open in my car :/ and tomorrow night i dont have any plans as long as i get a project for class done.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
imo me jesse and steffon should make a power triangle and get better

ill try to get out to you guys more because im thinking of focusing more energy into smash. im amazed myself.
IMO, all of us, including every city near Rochester, should make a power REGION out of WNY and CNY. It would be amazing to have 10-20 national level players for both games.

And yes, focusing more energy into Smash is always good.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
yeah somebody find ppl in albany seriously i know there are people doesnt N64 live in fcking troy? and kwan too talk to kwan somebody

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Manalord i live in syracuse and am down for smash almost any day/ time. You could help teach me melee im not terrible but i could definetly use alot of practice.

My sn- Oddstolive. I dont mind hosting stuff at my place if enough people are down.

Top Bottom