• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The rescaled BTT challenge

Yax

Smash Rookie
Hello guys :shyguy:

I've been working a little bit on stage editing, and I've had this random thought I wanted to share.
So we can easily control the scale of stages, right? Well then I have a question for you, what is the maximum scale you can afford setting on each BTT stages before they become impossible to solve?

BTTx2:
To help you find the answer, here is a friendly user program that automatically rescale a stage: download link

For the fellows who feel interested in this useless idea, I'll keep the list of the maximum scales found for every stages here:

Score:
  • Dr. Mario
  • Mario : 2.6
  • Luigi
  • Bowser : 3
  • Peach : 2
  • Yoshi
  • DK
  • C. Falcon
  • Ganondorf
  • Falco : 1.7
  • Fox
  • Ness
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kirby
  • Samus
  • Zelda
  • Link : 3
  • Young Link : 2
  • Pichu
  • Pikachu : 3.7
  • Jigglypuff
  • Mewto
  • Mr. Game&Watch
  • Marth
  • Roy

EDIT: I should do a program more friendly user
EDIT2: friendly userness added.
EDIT3: add ddls and better errors managing.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
BTT... Could you elaborate what youre trying to do.

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This seems like a fun little challenge... but really tedious to work with. You'd have to convert every stage file that you wanted to play with (so, all of them, probably) and then rebuild your ISO every time you wanted to change the scale for any of them. I don't suppose that there's anything that could be done to make this easier or faster?

Wishful thinking but you can't resize the stages with a code, right?

zankyou

Smash Lord
This seems like a fun little challenge... but really tedious to work with. You'd have to convert every stage file that you wanted to play with (so, all of them, probably) and then rebuild your ISO every time you wanted to change the scale for any of them. I don't suppose that there's anything that could be done to make this easier or faster?

Im not sure how exactly this is being done but you should be able to patch the file so change the scale of the ground param which should have the desired effect. Then you could just change the number with the cheats manager and savestates.

Yax

Smash Rookie

Okay so, no, I don't have the knowledge to resize stages through runtime code BUT here is a solution that will hopefully make the process less tedious. It's a program that enables you to pick an iso file, a btt stage, and a scale, and it automatically does the job, no more need of GCR : BTTx2.zip

(pray for compatibility)

:shyguy:

Last edited:

Yax

Smash Rookie
  1. gcrc exports your file from you .iso into a "tmp" file
  2. msr resizes your stage from "tmp" to "tmp2"
  3. gcrc imports back "tmp2" into the .iso file
So your error seems to come from the program msr (of the three programs, it's the only c++ program, if you're unlucky it's a compatibility problem)

Maybe what you can do is individually test msr in console.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Yax

Smash Rookie
I'd say no, those programs only access local directory. You extracted them all all together? Do you have the messages "Import: ok" and "Resize: ok" before you error message?

EDIT: I tried it on a different computer at my work place and it went fine. So it means sometimes it's compatible.

Last edited:

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I saw the "tmp" file appear, import and rescale are okay, but then there's the error of "no tmp2"

Yax

Smash Rookie
If there's no "tmp2", rescale is not supposed to be okay... maybe it doesn't have the rights ? You can try in console going in the directory and running:
  • msr tmp tmp2 2

Last edited:

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Apparently I'm missing msvcp140.dll, which is weird since I should have the latest version of visual studio 2015(required to run the latest dolphin build)

Yax

Smash Rookie
Oh cool :DD
Although I don't want people to have to install vs :|

Top Bottom