• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media The Red Menace

Virtual Boy in Smash

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
It's the post apocalypse, a lone Lucus walks though a barren wasteland and walks down a small cave, it's dark so he lights a torch with PK Fire, however a rumble is from a distance when suddenly bright lights begin to start, terrified Lucus runs away and a bright red light fills the halls, soon he comes face to face with the monster of the cave

VIRTUAL BOY IS RED WITH RAGE
we then get to see Virtual Boy's moveset

first he walks up to Mario, Mario like any sensible person begins to run away from the mechanical abomination, but Virtual Boy unveils his signature weapons, he blasts him with his Red Beams and blinds Mario, Virtual Boy shows no mercy and begins to kick Mario with his stand

His next victim is Duck Hunt but suddenly a long apandange launches from Virtual Boy's apparatus, it the controller cord and Virtual Boy latches onto Duck Hunt's eyes and shoots lasers into his eyes, and Duck Hunt is now one with the virtual boy, Virtual Boy now turns Duck Hunt into a bomb and he explodes onto the nearby game and watch

Virtual Boy then goes to Battlefeild with Bowser, Wario, and Mega Man, Bowser launches Virtual Boy but it just warps into a world of Red and Black and swamps with Mega Man switching his place, Bowser proceds to attempt to trash it but Virtual Boy simply gives Bowser a Neon Ring around him, causing him to choke to death on the ring, Virtual Boy proceeds to spare Wario

Finnaly Lucus runs as fast as he can but Virtual Boy gives his final smash "Red Reality" where lucus is dragged into a world of Red Flashing Lights and he is overwhelmed by the attack

The final shot is Lucus walking though the wasteland with a Virtual Boy on his head, now under the Red Demon's control

It has tether recovery due to the cord it has

Basic attack is a 123 combo

Aerial down has it shoot a red laser downwards

Other aerials involve some sort of stand based move
Moveset
Neutral Virtual Latch
Virtual Boy grabs onto the opponent and latches a virtual boy onto it, this later explodes, the oppnent will home in onto other characters as well

Recovery Red Warp
It warps and anyone near the warp spot will teleport to where Virtual Boy has warped

Down Special Ring Choke
It charges a pulse creating a red ring around the target, slowly this ring begins to choke the enemy and can stun, the long the charge the thicker the ring

Side Special Lens Capture
A dashing attack that can also work in the air, if it latches onto a player it releases red plasma into its face damaging it, though there is start and end lag

Final Smash Red Reality
Reality distorts into a portal and the oppnent is warped into a red zone and is overwhelmed by Red Lights until it explodes

Virtual Boy also has it's own classic mode
Brain Drain
A classic mode that goes against fightes that have been Brainwashed before
1. Lucus in the Claus skin at New Pork Omega
2. Palentena and Pit at Palentena Temple Battlefeild
3. Peach at Reset Bomb Forest
4. Meta Knight and Giant Dedede (referencing buff dedede) at Green Greens
5. Zelda at Luigi's Manor
6. Bowser at Final Desitnation with Giga Bowser
7. Marx

Alternate costumes

Gray and purple (referencing the SNES deluxe)
Camo
White and Red (Famicom)
Purple (Gamecube)
Neon Green
Black
White
Translucent Red

Entrance
It walks into the stage like in the commercial above

Victory
It latches onto Lucus with him playing it

Virtual Boy flashes red and warps away

It latches to your camera and it shows a red version of the results screen
What do you think, do you love this concept?

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I shall call this thread for the Newcomer Support Thread Directory if you have not done so already.

(Tip: Perhaps if you add images , it might catch someone's attention faster and help them visualize the 'character'. Anyway, i
This is the third time I have seen an inanimate object proposed for a fighter. I think extra care should be taken to foster thinking of it as such, rather than a mere gadget that sits idly in the hand. It would be an immensely creative challenge.)

Altogether, I would not be displeased to see it in Smash Bros., depending on how it was developed as a combatant. I support.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I shall call this thread for the Newcomer Support Thread Directory if you have not done so already.

(Tip: Perhaps if you add images , it might catch someone's attention faster and help them visualize the 'character'. Anyway, i
This is the third time I have seen an inanimate object proposed for a fighter. I think extra care should be taken to foster thinking of it as such, rather than a mere gadget that sits idly in the hand. It would be an immensely creative challenge.)

Altogether, I would not be displeased to see it in Smash Bros., depending on how it was developed as a combatant. I support.
Is this an improvement

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Is this an improvement
(Forgive me. I usually refrain from watching videos due to data limitations.) It is probably a good start, but I am not the best person to ask, seeing as how my own threads do not receive much attention. I was simply offering advice that had been given to me some time back. I do not think I could sell a diamond . (Joke).

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
The Red Menace? You mean Spider-man. Personally I don't think it's a good idea for nintendo to highlight their failures.

Last edited:
Top Bottom