• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The reason you should cast your vote on Silver for the Smash ballot(LAST MONTH FOR THE BALLOT!)

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Okay, I admit my first thread for Silver was REALLY BAD because I didn't explain anything, and as a result got so many No's it ended up getting taken down so I start anew!
Now you may be asking who is Silver the Hedgehog?

Silver is an anthropomorphic, 14 year old white-gray hedgehog from the future. His world was destroyed by a monster known as Iblis,he rescues survivors and tries to thwart the monster, but it keeps coming back every time. Tired and desperate of his constant battles with the monster, he travels back in time, with the help of Mephilis the Dark to find and eliminate the Iblis Trigger. Though in his journey he realized he was duped into nearly causing the disaster that befell his world and helped Sonic defeat the Time-Space being known as Solaris and restore his world, hopefully.
Silver is a short-tempered but courageous & kindhearted hedgehog with a strong sense of justice. He'll do what he thinks is right for the sake of the good of the future. He is also an optimist because of his strong sense of justice. In the game it was revealed Blaze the Cat was his mentor, but that was retconed, so she is really from a different dimension. He is Sonic's youngest rival
What can Silver bring to the table?
More than you think, Silver has the ability of Psychokinesis( the ability to control any type of matter),but has only mastered telekinesis(the ability to move objects with your mind). With this knowledge you can create a move set based on his mainstream game appearances, Sonic 06', Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations, and a general knowledge of telepathy.
Pros
Silver never got his chance to shine
  • Think about it for a sec, what game was he introduced in? Yeah, Sonic 06' the second worst mainstream Sonic game in the series
  • He was continually bashed on and as a result he has never appeared in a mainstream Sonic game again, as playable only obtaining minor roles in multiplayer and party games
  • While, to be fair he is popular among those who read the comics, but those who only play the games either hate him or love him with a passion, while his status was raised in Generations, he was never brought back again.
  • This could raise he popularity and bring him back in major story roles, and maybe even his own game, which he deserves, in my opinion.
This could convince SEGA to bring back the other characters
  • If the Silver dlc sells well this could convince them to bring back old characters into newer games
  • He may send the others into playable or story roles
Silver is one of the more popular Sonic characters
  • Silver is the most popular Modern character according to most polls I've found(down below), unless you count Shadow in the modern section
  • Most who see him as a glorified recolor,obviously don't know much about the character or his personality which is unfairly not giving him a chance
Silver could bring a unique moveset to the roster
  • Silver is almost completely different to Sonic in almost every way, he is slow, can stun enemies, throw green balls, and throw people at a whim, which is almost completely different from Sonic in every way the only difference being they are both hedgehogs
  • The ability to use telepathy would make him either a trickster, or a straight up vortex character(characters who have the ability to string moves for extra-long combos)
Game Appearances
Red=Non-Nintendo
White=Nintendo

Sonic 06 (Initial Appearance)
Sonic & The Secret Rings (Multiplayer only)
Sonic & The Black Knight (Multiplayer only)
Sonic Rivals
Sonic Rivals 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Cameo & Trophy)

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (Unlockable)
Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games
Sonic Free Riders (Unlockable)
Sonic Generations (Boss)
Sonic Generations (3DS)

Sonic Colors(DS)
Mario & Sonic at 2012 London Olympic Games
Sonic Jump
Sonic Jump Fever
Sonic Dash
Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games

Super Smash Bros 4 (Cameo & Trophy)
Sonic Runners
Moveset:Special (B Moves)
Neutral B-Psycho ShockSilver must get into point-blank range and slap them, it also stuns the opponent and leaves a small window of time for Silver to do massive damage, the longer it's charged the longer the opponent stays stunned, higher percentages help too, but it has a somewhat long ending lag on the ground, but in the air he experiences none of it. (Game appearance: Sonic 06) Damage: Low/ Knock back: None/ Effect: Paralysis

Up-B- Homing AttackSilver immediately shoots up in the air with high momentum, damaging those who are in range of Silver when he launches, but he then dives at a 35-45 degree angle(left or right based on directional input), that can spike, but can't be jumped out of and a must not if nowhere near the stage[It is inspired off of his original homing attack (Game appearances: Sonic Rivals)] Damage:Moderate/ Knock back: Moderate/ Effect: Spike
Side-B- Psycho Dash
Silver dashes across the screen with Super Guard, invincible at the start up while he's dashing any opponent in contact with him will be sent flying, and will receive a hefty amount of damage, but has horrible ending lag, and in a large stage its a must not, its even worse in the air cause Silver will be almost helpless if he does this over a bottomless pit, with his only saving grace being his Up-B (Game appearance: Sonic06') Damage: Moderate/ Knock back: High
Down-B- CounterSilver braces for impact, and when the attack hits, Silver paralyzes them and teleports behind his opponent to hit in the back with the force of their own attack, but be warned the attack can be blocked. This attack does not appear in the games. Damage: Depends on what he counters/ Knock back: Depends on opponent damage meter
Ground Moves:Neutral-Punch, Punch, PushSilver does a quick jab combo before pushing the opponent, a few feet away from him
Down-Tilt- Psycho Wave(Down)Silver sends a small shockwave directly downward and causes them to fall down, stops dodge spammers
Up-Tilt- Psycho Wave (Up)Silver sends a small shockwave upwards and can juggle the opponent if done at right altitude
Side-Tilt- Psych PushSilver uses this move to gain distance between him and his opponents, great for setting up combos
Up-Smash- Psycho Smash(Up)
Silver punches the opponent upwards with much more force than Psycho Wave and sends the opponent flying
Side-Smash- Psycho Smash(Side)Same thing with the up variant except sideways
Down-Smash- Leg SweepHe sweeps the opponents legs if in range, kills at rather high percentages
Dash- Slide KickSilver kicks the opponent at their ankles causing them to go in the air
Aerial:
Neutral Air- Psychic ShieldSilver holds a pose that creates a small shield for a few seconds that damage opponents only next to Silver
Up Air- Psychic Reflect (Up)Silver creates a green slide of energy above him in the air that damages opponents near it and defends or reflects spikes back at the opponent
Side Air- Psychic SlashSilver creates a green knife of energy and slashes sideways sending the opponent back, great range and can be stringed.
Back Air- Psychic StabSilver stabs the opponent with a green knife of energy that is stronger than its slash variant and kills earlier
Down Air- Kinetic ForceSilver pushes down ward sending him up the first time in a row, though second time he drops like a rock unless spiking an opponent
Stage
Crisis City

Soundtrack:
Dreams of an Absolution-(Sonic 06)

Dreams of an Absolution(Remix)-(Sonic 06)
Dreams of an Absolution(Starry Night)-(Sonic 06)
Crisis City(Original)-(Sonic 06)
Crisis City(Remix)-(Sonic Generations)
Solaris 1-(Sonic 06)
Solaris 2-(Sonic 06)
Un-Gravitify-(Sonic Riders:Zero Gravity)-
With Me by All Ends-(Sonic & The Black Knight)-
Fight the Knight-(Sonic & The Black Knight)-
Through the Fire-(Sonic & The Black Knight)-
What I'm Made Of-(Sonic Heroes)-
(Note: I only use a song if it fits with Silver as a character or the stage)
Arguments Against Silver
Silver is the Worst Character in the franchise
That is purely opinion, unless you can give me valid reasons why Silver is a terrible it is invalid, examples:Silver debuted in Sonic 06'= So? That game ruined nearly all of the characters and is the main reason why most of them didn't come back, that was Sonic 06's fault not Silver's, in fact people state that Silver had the best game play style, and was the only redeeming factor about the game; His voice is annoying= It's not as bad as people say plus, he has a new voice actor so, yeah, and you shouldn't hate on people just for their voice; He's unoriginal= while it is true his backstory is inspired off of Trunks from DBZ, his design, personality, and powers make up for it
Silver doesn't have enough priority over other characters

Knuckles, Tails, and Eggman are Classic and have higher Chance
  • Knuckles, Tails, and Eggman would be great to cater to Classic Fans of the Series but, this will cause unrest in the newer generation of Sonic fans
  • Only one of the trio should make it (presumably Knuckles) but one of the newer cast (Silver, Blaze, Marine, etc.) should be in it too, and Blaze and Silver are the top candidates and Silver is more known and popular
We have enough Psychics in Lucas, Ness, & Mewtwo
  • While it is true Lucas & Ness are psychics, Pk is completely different from Silver's telepathy it consists of different kinesies; pyro(fire) electro(electric), & solar(light), Silver uses telekinesis( mind)
  • Mewtwo while most similar is the very light and a high jumper & recoverer, while Silver is the same weight as Sonic, he is not nearly as fast as him, but not as slow as Mewtwo. Silver is mainly an on-stage ground and low air character. He uses his telekinesis for knockback combos, Mewtwo is damage priority character.
So, I spilled my guts out trying to convince you to vote for him and I pray that this thread doesn't become locked, if you agree thank you, if not its your opinion, just don't bash mine...or others and start a flame war, oi vay.​

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
Honestly the lack of popularity is really crippling for a sonic rep, the thing is nintendo might add an unpopular nintendo rep to try and make it more popular, but they have no incentive to try and help a sega series.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If Sega ever does an equivalent Smash style game, or opens a ballot for a different party style game, I will for sure support him, if only for his frankly entertaining boss fight in Sonic Generations. Silver is indeed very cool in this showing and I really like the way he chucks cars at Sonic.

I certainly don't think Silver's the worst Sonic character ever, I just feel making him a hedgehog to cash in on the Sonic/Shadow popularity of the time was pointless, as I read somewhere they were originally going to give him a totally different and unique species rather than rehash hedgehogs again.

At this point in time I wouldn't be able to support Silver at all.
Tails, Knuckles and Eggman are, at the end of the day, more major characters to the Sonic line, more beloved overall and would be more natural choices to appear prior to Silver.

A good read for sure, and it's certainly made me think more positively about Silver as a character.
On a somewhat unrelated side note, and as a piece of criticism though: I disagree about Tails not being a fighter.
Modern Sonic seems to shove him in this non battle role as 'Mr. Fixer' but he's easily on par with Sonic and Knuckles in past games and he's been shown often to get his hands dirty when he needs to.

You've put a lot of effort in, I'm hoping this one doesn't get locked unfairly. Unless a Silver thread already exists.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Honestly the lack of popularity is really crippling for a sonic rep, the thing is nintendo might add an unpopular nintendo rep to try and make it more popular, but they have no incentive to try and help a sega series.
Silver isn't unpopular look at the polls, but good observation

SonicMario

Smash Master
The problem with Silver is he's just plain outprioritized by ALOT of Sonic characters. His debut being in the worst game in the franchise just makes it worse (Which BTW Sonic 06 was never ported to Nintendo systems. Further complicating things in relation to Smash. Silver's only appeared in Nintendo games in spin-offs. If Waluigi and Daisy can't get in despite being in Mario spin-offs for years. what chance does Silver have when he's only appeared in Spin-offs on Nintendo consoles in a franchise that's 3rd Party?)

But hypothetically, even if Sonic 06 was a success here's the basic rundown: Besides the obvious (Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Shadow) there are other characters that would earn their spot before Silver (Just to name a few: Amy Rose, Metal Sonic, Blaze, etc.)

And are you really using a small sample sized poll compared to the entire Sonic fanbase to get your point across? If this poll really reflected how people feel about the Sonic characters popularity. Then Eggman must not be very well liked if even much less minor characters in comparison like Omega, Vector, Cream, Espio, and Rouge are even slightly more popular.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
The problem with Silver is he's just plain outprioritized by ALOT of Sonic characters. His debut being in the worst game in the franchise just makes it worse (Which BTW Sonic 06 was never ported to Nintendo systems. Further complicating things in relation to Smash. Silver's only appeared in Nintendo games in spin-offs. If Waluigi and Daisy can't get in despite being in Mario spin-offs for years. what chance does Silver have when he's only appeared in Spin-offs on Nintendo consoles in a franchise that's 3rd Party?)

But hypothetically, even if Sonic 06 was a success here's the basic rundown: Besides the obvious (Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Shadow) there are other characters that would earn their spot before Silver (Just to name a few: Amy Rose, Metal Sonic, Blaze, etc.)

And are you really using a small sample sized poll compared to the entire Sonic fanbase to get your point across? If this poll really reflected how people feel about the Sonic characters popularity. Then Eggman must not be very well liked if even much less minor characters in comparison like Omega, Vector, Cream, Espio, and Rouge are even slightly more popular.
I took SEVERAL polls from the web trying to see if people liked Silver or not, in fact many did, Silver also appeared in Sonic Generations 3DS, and personally I think Daisy will get in since she has a large following, and if you looked at my pros I said this could be his redemption

Braydon

Smash Ace
I doubt daisy will get in because she's close to peach, and while she may have a large support thread that doesn't necessarily mean she would sell well. Being similar to one of the least commonly used characters seems like a big downside.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
This thread has NO USE!!
Please don't say that

I doubt daisy will get in because she's close to peach, and while she may have a large support thread that doesn't necessarily mean she would sell well. Being similar to one of the least commonly used characters seems like a big downside.
I think Daisy will be much different from Peach, because their both princesses doesn't mean that they will be the same, Daisy would use moves from her sports games in comparison to Peach, who uses moves from her own game

Last edited by a moderator:

Braydon

Smash Ace
This thread has NO USE!!
This post has NO USE!!

Please don't say that
Eh, just report people for spam when they post these one sentence disapproval posts.

I think Daisy will be much different from Peach, because their both princesses doesn't mean that they will be the same, Daisy would use moves from her sports games in comparison to Peach, who uses moves from her own game
True enough, but that still doesn't mean she will sell well, people would still think of her as peach like.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Please don't say that
Silver is an unpopular character, from a currently very frowned upon franchise.
I don't believe SEGA deserves any more love considering they've done nothing worthwile with their flagship franchise for years now.
Sincerely, a very disappointed Sonic Fan.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
I don't believe SEGA deserves any more love considering they've done nothing worthwile with their flagship franchise for years now.
We're getting Sonic Runners which shows they are at least listening to their fans, and I showed you the polls as proof that Silver isn't as unpopular as you think

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
We're getting Sonic Runners which shows they are at least listening to their fans, and I showed you the polls as proof that Silver isn't as unpopular as you think
Sonic Runners is a mobile game. They've fallen that far.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Sonic Runners is a mobile game. They've fallen that far.
While that is true, it takes elements from Sonic games we really like, and they have said they aren't giving up on consoles, but enough talk about SEGA if you want to talk about this more enter a conversation with me, after all this IS a Character Support Forum

SonicMario

Smash Master
I took SEVERAL polls from the web trying to see if people liked Silver or not, in fact many did, Silver also appeared in Sonic Generations 3DS, and personally I think Daisy will get in since she has a large following, and if you looked at my pros I said this could be his redemption
It doesn't matter how many polls you find where Silver is among the popular choice or even got in first on the poll. My point was it's a small sample size compared to how many Sonic fans there are. There is no way these polls actually reflect the exact popularity. This is grasping for straws to find any reason they'd make Silver playable in Smash Bros.

And even if Daisy were to get in, my point was it took this long for Daisy to be even considered despite being in nearly every Mario Spin-Off since the Late 90s. Compare that to Silver where the best interaction with Nintendo he has is the Olympic Games. But more deserving characters are also featured as playable in these games. If 1st Party spin-off characters have that much trouble getting a spot. Then Silver's road to Smash Bros. should make Daisy and/or Waluigi's paths look like shoe-ins in comparison

Now now, the franchise has had some degree of success through Colors, Generations, and while somewhat contested Lost World as well. And the franchise itself is still as popular as ever even with the recent licensing disaster that was the Sonic Boom video games. The franchise's current state may not hold a candle to Sonic's prime in the mid-90s and Sonic will likely never reach that sort of level again. It can't be ignored that the franchise still has it's fans regardless or not you believe it's sheer love & loyalty to the brand or it's full of people who can't let go of a franchise they're too blind to abandon (I'm not trying to be insulting, as otherwise I'm insulting myself for still considering myself a Sonic fan. I'm just saying the two different ways people look on how Sonic is still super popular)

The franchise's popularity was what got Sonic into Brawl in the first place as well as what probably helped him return once more in Smash 4. However you look at it there's still people who crave Sonic crossovering with Nintendo franchises. Nintendo and/or Sega are aware of this and the proof is how well most of the Mario & Sonic Olympic games sold.

Now I'm not defending Silver's chances specifically, but knowing this. It's why a 2nd Sonic rep as DLC isn't completely out of the question cause Nintendo could see it very profitable to bring in another Sonic character in. We have news that Ryu of all characters are coming as DLC. Meaning companies aren't limited by one rep thanks to DLC. And if a longtime unwritten rule like that can be broken. So can the "rule" of only one character for a single 3rd Party franchise. And even if that is a rule in place, the Sonic franchise is a veteran franchise and is popular enough for Nintendo to make an exception.

If it happens it won't be Silver as it would either be Tails, Knuckles, or Dr. Eggman. But considering recent history especially with Smash 4 in particular bringing out some unexpected choices that shock Character Speculators in with some degree of basis of popularity. It'd be outright ignorant to consider it an impossibility

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying for a fact this will happen at all and would be just fine if it never did. I'm just pointing out how it's still very possible they do bring one in. DLC has already surprised us with Ryu and/or Roy it seems. A nearly universal unwritten rule was broken as of Ryu's shocking presence in a datamine of the update to Smash. What makes one character per 3rd Party franchise even with veteran status and massive popularity that much stronger, that this "rule" couldn't be broken too?

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
It doesn't matter how many polls you find where Silver is among the popular choice or even got in first on the poll. My point was it's a small sample size compared to how many Sonic fans there are. There is no way these polls actually reflect the exact popularity. This is grasping for straws to find any reason they'd make Silver playable in Smash Bros.

And even if Daisy were to get in, my point was it took this long for Daisy to be even considered despite being in nearly every Mario Spin-Off since the Late 90s. Compare that to Silver where the best interaction with Nintendo he has is the Olympic Games. But more deserving characters are also featured as playable in these games. If 1st Party spin-off characters have that much trouble getting a spot. Then Silver's road to Smash Bros. should make Daisy and/or Waluigi's paths look like shoe-ins in comparison

Now now, the franchise has had some degree of success through Colors, Generations, and while somewhat contested Lost World as well. And the franchise itself is still as popular as ever even with the recent licensing disaster that was the Sonic Boom video games. The franchise's current state may not hold a candle to Sonic's prime in the mid-90s and Sonic will likely never reach that sort of level again. It can't be ignored that the franchise still has it's fans regardless or not you believe it's sheer love & loyalty to the brand or it's full of people who can't let go of a franchise they're too blind to abandon (I'm not trying to be insulting, as otherwise I'm insulting myself for still considering myself a Sonic fan. I'm just saying the two different ways people look on how Sonic is still super popular)

The franchise's popularity was what got Sonic into Brawl in the first place as well as what probably helped him return once more in Smash 4. However you look at it there's still people who crave Sonic crossovering with Nintendo franchises. Nintendo and/or Sega are aware of this and the proof is how well most of the Mario & Sonic Olympic games sold.

Now I'm not defending Silver's chances specifically, but knowing this. It's why a 2nd Sonic rep as DLC isn't completely out of the question cause Nintendo could see it very profitable to bring in another Sonic character in. We have news that Ryu of all characters are coming as DLC. Meaning companies aren't limited by one rep thanks to DLC. And if a longtime unwritten rule like that can be broken. So can the "rule" of only one character for a single 3rd Party franchise. And even if that is a rule in place, the Sonic franchise is a veteran franchise and is popular enough for Nintendo to make an exception.

If it happens it won't be Silver as it would either be Tails, Knuckles, or Dr. Eggman. But considering recent history especially with Smash 4 in particular bringing out some unexpected choices that shock Character Speculators in with some degree of basis of popularity. It'd be outright ignorant to consider it an impossibility

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying for a fact this will happen at all and would be just fine if it never did. I'm just pointing out how it's still very possible they do bring one in. DLC has already surprised us with Ryu and/or Roy it seems. A nearly universal unwritten rule was broken as of Ryu's shocking presence in a datamine of the update to Smash. What makes one character per 3rd Party franchise even with veteran status and massive popularity that much stronger, that this "rule" couldn't be broken too?
I didn't look for polls where silver was a top runner, I just typed in "favorite Sonic character poll" and put them in here these were the First polls that showed up, and Sakurai stated he wanted to make as much DLC as possible so my 4-5 Sonic reps theory isn't out of question, and the reason it took Daisy so long to get here is because people were iffy for having her in the main game, but since this is DLC you don't have to buy it which is why characters like K. Rool and Ridley are getting so much support now than they did when game was still in development, and I said in the reasons Knuckles would get in before him

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sakurai stated he wanted to make as much DLC as possible so my 4-5 Sonic reps theory isn't out of question
Even if somehow Sonic did get that many reps. Silver would not be one of those 4 or 5 (Heck I'd see him having trouble getting in even if there were TEN Sonic reps.)

Some people here would already consider me insane to think a 2nd Sonic Rep through DLC is possible. But 4-5? That scenario only happens if Sega sold the Sonic franchise to Nintendo and/or Nintendo buyouts Sega so it becomes 2nd Party like Gamefreak (For Pokemon) and that's just not a likely scenario whatsoever right now

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Even if somehow Sonic did get that many reps. Silver would not be one of those 4 or 5 (Heck I'd see him having trouble getting in even if there were TEN Sonic reps.)

Some people here would already consider me insane to think a 2nd Sonic Rep through DLC is possible. But 4-5? That scenario only happens if Sega sold the Sonic franchise to Nintendo and/or Nintendo buyouts Sega so it becomes 2nd Party like Gamefreak (For Pokemon) and that's just not a likely scenario whatsoever right now
I'll try to argue against it tomorrow right now I'm tired so goodbye, I'm going to sleep and won't reply for the rest of the night

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Personally, I think Silver would have been much more interesting as a hardcore villain. Not some naivete antagonist with misguided ideals, but someone whom was truly evil, just because they're evil. It would have been a nice way to complete the hedgehog triangle: Sonic the hero, Shadow the anti-hero, Silver the hardcore villain. [Shrugs] But that's just me.

As he is now, personality-wise I think Silver is a terribly fleshed out character.

[EDIT] If we did get a second Sonic character, I'm willing to bet Tails or Robotnik will get in before anybody else, simply because they have seniority and popularity on their side.

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Funny I made a Special Move Set for Silver months ago I admit he would be interesting but I think Eggman, Tails or Knuckles would get in before him... but here is my moveset for him if you want check it out it's not all that good:

[/
B: Psychic Knife: Name after the same move from Sonic Generations Silver makes 3 blades of of psychic energy and send it foward it isn't very effective closely to who ever he is fighting which causes 4% damage but far away it travels half way the stage if made contact it will cause 7% damage however the 2nd and 3rd knifes cause lesser damage then 1st only 3 or 4%

B Side: Psycho Smash: Where he charges up his psychic energy then unleashes a small wave that can push and damage fighters at it's weakest it does 4% at it's strongest it causes 10% damage in a 1/50 chance it may or may not stun fighters.

B Up: Teleport Dash: Silver uses his psychic energy to teleport in any direction works very similar to Zelda's recovery but faster and doesn't do much damage does 5% damage

B Down: Psycho Shot : Silver grabs one or more items with his psychokinesis in a similar fashion to Rosalina's Down Special but then shots them at other fighters damage differs on items smaller items 6% damage larger items: 10-13% damage

Final Smash: Wall of Light: Silver then uses a great amount of his psychokinesis to trap other fighters in two giant versions of his symbol on his gloves then unleashes a fury of blades of psycho energy then ends with a large shock of energy that explodes sending fighters flying off the stage does 20-45% damage, K.O.'s at 85%

QUOTE]

Last edited:

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Funny I made a Special Move Set for Silver months ago I admit he would be interesting but I think Eggman, Tails or Knuckles would get in before him... but here is my moveset for him if you want check it out it's not all that good:
Wow nice list man if he gets in those could be customs

The 4-5 DLC reps would be in order, Knuckles,Tails,Silver, Metal Sonic & Blaze the Cat/Robotnik
and I said its DLC, you don't have to buy it which is why a lot characters from other franchises are being asked for

Personally, I think Silver would have been much more interesting as a hardcore villain. Not some naivete antagonist with misguided ideals, but someone whom was truly evil, just because they're evil. It would have been a nice way to complete the hedgehog triangle: Sonic the hero, Shadow the anti-hero, Silver the hardcore villain. [Shrugs] But that's just me.

As he is now, personality-wise I think Silver is a terribly fleshed out character.

[EDIT] If we did get a second Sonic character, I'm willing to bet Tails or Robotnik will get in before anybody else, simply because they have seniority and popularity on their side.
If thats what you think its what you think

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
@ Drason Drason , please do not make multiple posts one right after another. That is considered double posting which is against the rules. You can quote multiple people by clicking the Reply button under each post. It copies the quote into your text box automatically.

If you wish to reply to someone after you posted, you can click Reply, manually select and copy it, go to Edit under your previous post, and paste it in the Editor Text Box.

This is a verbal warning but continuing to double post will result in a 0-point warning followed by point infractions should it continue. Please be careful with double posting.

As for the topic at hand, I don't Silver is ... What the hell Smashboards....

I don't think Silver is likely at all. Suggesting that 4-5 Sonic characters is pretty impossible. Why put in 5 Sonic characters, that don't really deserve a spot, over Nintendo characters that actually do? It's pretty much an impossible scenario. We might get one extra one and I'm willing to put my money on Tails or Eggman seeing as how someone has Sonic-operate as I am are quite familiar with these two. They are both iconic, relative, and would be unique in terms of playstyle.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
It's more that most people you'll talk to who arn't Sonic fans don't even know about the success of Colors and Generations. If you mention Sonic, they'll bring up '06 and Boom, two of the worst games every produced. While Boom wasn't delevoped by Sonic Team, all people will see is that his name is on the box, and that's all that matters.

Sonic is a failed mascot to most people at this point.
Surely if you've been looking around these forums you'll notice every now and then there's gonna be someone who says if they could change something about Smash 4, it'd be that they'd remove Sonic, because they hate the character and the franchise. Noone outside of his own fandom respects Sonic nowadays, and not even unrightfully.

IF a second Sonic character makes it into Smash, it'll be Tails or Knuckles and I can guarantee you if that happenes, there's gonna be plenty of people that will be really pissed.

I really wish I could talk more positivly about Sonic, I've been a fan since I was small (heck, I own an animation cell of AoStH!), but as of recent SEGA's just been pretty pathetic. The only good thing that currently comes out of the franchise are the Archie comics, which are practically produced by highly-qualified fans, so it's like fans are making better content than SEGA themselves.

I'm sorry, I'm just very disappointed in SEGA as of now.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
After carefully reading this thread i've come to the conclusion there is no real reason to vote for Silver.

SonicMario

Smash Master
It's more that most people you'll talk to who arn't Sonic fans don't even know about the success of Colors and Generations. If you mention Sonic, they'll bring up '06 and Boom, two of the worst games every produced. While Boom wasn't delevoped by Sonic Team, all people will see is that his name is on the box, and that's all that matters.

Sonic is a failed mascot to most people at this point.
Surely if you've been looking around these forums you'll notice every now and then there's gonna be someone who says if they could change something about Smash 4, it'd be that they'd remove Sonic, because they hate the character and the franchise. Noone outside of his own fandom respects Sonic nowadays, and not even unrightfully.
The people who bring up 06 and to a lesser extent Rise of Lyric are vocal haters of the franchise and not everyone who isn't a Sonic fan. As the majority of non-Sonic fans either just don't care enough to have an opinion or they're casual fans because they like only a few of the games of the series but don't really follow the franchise very often afterward

IF a second Sonic character makes it into Smash, it'll be Tails or Knuckles and I can guarantee you if that happenes, there's gonna be plenty of people that will be really pissed.
There were alot of people pissed when Sonic made it into Brawl too (Heck back then Sonic 06 was pretty much even more fresh in the mind cause it had released almost a year [November 2006] before Sonic was confirmed in Brawl [October 2007]). But for every person pissed, there's going to be someone who's very happy at the same time.

I really wish I could talk more positivly about Sonic, I've been a fan since I was small (heck, I own an animation cell of AoStH!), but as of recent SEGA's just been pretty pathetic. The only good thing that currently comes out of the franchise are the Archie comics, which are practically produced by highly-qualified fans, so it's like fans are making better content than SEGA themselves.

I'm sorry, I'm just very disappointed in SEGA as of now.
And that's a fair point of view. Even as someone who remains a Sonic fan and still generally hopeful for the franchise's future I know Sega hasn't been handling it the best. But look at where Sonic is now as compared to nearly defunct franchises like Crash Bandicoot, Bomberman, etc. Fans of such franchises probably envy the Sonic franchise at least a little for staying afloat the way it has. Call it blind loyalty from either Sega and/or the Fanbase if you want. But there's a reason the Franchise is still around. And as long as it's activity and popularity stands as is, it doesn't matter if lots of people here on this site or anywhere else will be pissed off that they add more Sonic content and/or characters through DLC. There's a generous enough amount of people that will be happy. And that's really all that matters.

I mean, I'm personally kinda pissed that they're bringing Fire Emblem's Roy (With the whole soundfiles leak) back as I've never really cared for him much. But I'm not going to start rage posting when there might be enough people who are happy he is coming back. And even if I did, what good does that do? Make me look like a whiner that's what. It's DLC, it's entirely optional. If I really don't like Roy that much I don't have to buy him (Though I might end up doing so anyway). And same goes for those who would complain if a 2nd Sonic character came in. If they're truly that spiteful, they have the option of not getting them whatsoever.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
I think Sonic will get that many representatives, and I never said the other franchises won't get their popular charcters; Examples: Punch-Out!, Mr. Sandman & Glass Joe, Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong & King K. Rool, Wario Ware: Jimmy, Kat & Lisa, Metroid: Ridley, Sylux, Dark Samus, Fusion Suit Samus, Rundus, Pokemon: Sceptile, Blaziken, Machoke, Ampharos, Pokemon Trainer

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I think Sonic will get that many representatives, and I never said the other franchises won't get their popular charcters; Examples: Punch-Out!, Mr. Sandman & Glass Joe, Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong & King K. Rool, Wario Ware: Jimmy, Kat & Lisa, Metroid: Ridley, Sylux, Dark Samus, Fusion Suit Samus, Rundus, Pokemon: Sceptile, Blaziken, Machoke, Ampharos, Pokemon Trainer
No chance.
Everything you listed is 2nd party at worst and I wouldn't hold my breath for any more than 8 DLC characters. I can almost guarantee you Punch-Out!!, Wario Ware, Metroid and Pokémon won't be getting any (more) DLC characters.

Sonic is 3rd party. Should some miracle happen and the series gets a second rep, that's gonna be it.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
If we get another SEGA rep, we should get Bayonetta.
Bayonetta is platinum games
No chance.
Everything you listed is 2nd party at worst and I wouldn't hold my breath for any more than 8 DLC characters. I can almost guarantee you Punch-Out!!, Wario Ware, Metroid and Pokémon won't be getting any (more) DLC characters.

Sonic is 3rd party. Should some miracle happen and the series gets a second rep, that's gonna be it.
A. They are 1st party, B. Sakurai specifically stated he wanted to make as much DLC as possible

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Bayonetta is platinum games

A. They are 1st party, B. Sakurai specifically stated he wanted to make as much DLC as possible
Sonic is a third-party character and even so, Sakurai can only make so much material. And say we get 10 DLC characters. Guess how many of those will be Sonic characters? None.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Sonic is a third-party character and even so, Sakurai can only make so much material. And say we get 10 DLC characters. Guess how many of those will be Sonic characters? None.
If thats what you think, that's what you think it seems your dead set on not having any sonic characters but there are people out there who would want this much. I personally think they will have teams for each franchise and have 35 total, again its DLC, its not like main game where the roster is final and can't be changed if you don't like a certain character

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
If thats what you think, that's what you think it seems your dead set on not having any sonic characters but there are people out there who would want this much. I personally think they will have teams for each franchise and have 35 total, again its DLC, its not like main game where the roster is final and can't be changed if you don't like a certain character
Excuse me, but are you goddamn crazy? 35 DLC characters? You want the smash team to slave along for the next 10 years?

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Excuse me, but are you goddamn crazy? 35 DLC characters? You want the smash team to slave along for the next 10 years?
No for a fact I take computer programming at school it would only take 3-5 years to make all those characters, and I think I over counted the characters the list:Mario:Daisy, Pokemon:Sceptile, Pokemon Trainer, Xenoblade Chronicles:Dunban, Fire Emblem: Roy, Star Fox: Wolf and Krystal, Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong and King K.Rool, Kid Icarus: Medusa and Viridi, Punch Out: Glass Joe and Mr. Sandman, Legend of Zelda: Impa and Young Link, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: Shauntae, Metroid: Rundas, Sylux, and Ridley, Mother: Ninten, Ice Climbers: Ice Climbers, Konami: Snake, and Bomberman, Megaman: Bass and Zero, Sonic: Knuckles, Tails, Silver, and Metal Sonic,and Bayonetta:Bayonetta

Last edited:
Top Bottom