• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The real cause of tripping!

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Seeing as how people are hung up on the mystery of what causes tripping and why it was implemented, I figured it was time that I, LavisFiend, put an end to the rumors.

So what is tripping? Many of you would say, "The random occurence that causes your character to barrel roll straight into the floor and sit on their bum while they contemplated what exactly happened," and that is a natural thought to have, however, it is wrong.

Tripping is sin. That is the long and short of it. Everytime a player has a sinful thought in mind, they trip, because it is Sakurai's will. You see, Sakurai has reached a level that equals a diety among many smash fanboys the world over. They would gladly prostrate themselves before his foot and kiss it if it means there desires are fulfilled.

But Sakurai is a vengeful deity. His heart is filled with compassion, but at the same time, random acts of unneccesary cruelity. I am sure you all remember Melee. We have dug in soil that should not have been dug in. We have found skills to up our game 10 fold. We have opened Pandora's box so to speak.

Melee gifted the most dedicated of players powers that would rival even Sakurai's mighty rule. He feared a mutiny, so he did what he had too to cripple our strength.

He nerfed Brawl. Completely and utterly made it the way it was so his people could be weakened and once again, at a lower level.

The tripping is a crude reminder of what Sakurai took from us. A mark of obedience as we have no power or control over the random acts. He even incorporated characters with items and all other sorts of things to make the community obedient to casuals.

He fears us. True unbridaled fear. He made this game a failsafe so that we may never reach the levels we were at in Melee.

and why?

All because he does not wish to be dismantled from his throne.

So now you know. Now you know what tripping is. There are no ways around it, no chance of stopping it, and worst of all, no fighting chance to rival it.

We must bear this rude and ugly mark that he mocks us with, and find something else to counter it.

I can't speak anymore, I feel I said too much, and that I might not make it through the night.

God help us.

God help us all.

Dabble

Smash Cadet
This was an epic read and I thank you with every fiber of my being.

It feels nice to have a little humor on these boards.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as how people are hung up on the mystery of what causes tripping and why it was implemented, I figured it was time that I, LavisFiend, put an end to the rumors.

So what is tripping? Many of you would say, "The random occurence that causes your character to barrel roll straight into the floor and sit on their bum while they contemplated what exactly happened," and that is a natural thought to have, however, it is wrong.

Tripping is sin. That is the long and short of it. Everytime a player has a sinful thought in mind, they trip, because it is Sakurai's will. You see, Sakurai has reached a level that equals a diety among many smash fanboys the world over. They would gladly prostrate themselves before his foot and kiss it if it means there desires are fulfilled.

But Sakurai is a vengeful deity. His heart is filled with compassion, but at the same time, random acts of unneccesary cruelity. I am sure you all remember Melee. We have dug in soil that should not have been dug in. We have found skills to up our game 10 fold. We have opened Pandora's box so to speak.

Melee gifted the most dedicated of players powers that would rival even Sakurai's mighty rule. He feared a mutiny, so he did what he had too to cripple our strength.

He nerfed Brawl. Completely and utterly made it the way it was so his people could be weakened and once again, at a lower level.

The tripping is a crude reminder of what Sakurai took from us. A mark of obedience as we have no power or control over the random acts. He even incorporated characters with items and all other sorts of things to make the community obedient to casuals.

He fears us. True unbridaled fear. He made this game a failsafe so that we may never reach the levels we were at in Melee.

and why?

All because he does not wish to be dismantled from his throne.

So now you know. Now you know what tripping is. There are no ways around it, no chance of stopping it, and worst of all, no fighting chance to rival it.

We must bear this rude and ugly mark that he mocks us with, and find something else to counter it.

I can't speak anymore, I feel I said too much, and that I might not make it through the night.

God help us.

God help us all.
*Giggle* That was amusing.

Smash Ace
You, sir, are truly a prophet. Observe how the once-uneducated supplicants enter your thread, murmuring sayings of true awe: "You win over 9000 interwebs."

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
Win.

Tabuu is truly Sakurai's son. Next Smash, Sakurai WILL be the one to be taken down. However he'll kill you in a hit...

Turbowombat

Smash Rookie
Some people just don't understand religion...
Yeah jeez, it's not about thinking.

But seriously, am I the only one who thinks this has true merit as a religious tenant or at least monastic order? We should begin a Smash League dedicated to the worship of the one true god on earth and we will become the ultimate league of smashers for we shall never trip. We shall learn how to thoroughly abuse our opponents for every trip they make when habitually trying to wave dash. We shall call our art "the trip dancing Katas." These Katas will begin by learning how to move exclusively with short hops and revolve around getting from point A to point B with the fewest DIs possible. As sin is removed from our souls by the might of the one true god on earth we shall begin to truly PWN. All shall fear the Sakurait Cleric!

(I'm actually partially serious here. It's a cool name for a reducto ad absurdum petition against tripping and I would totally help support any effort to make this happen. PM me if you have bandwidth.)

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Now I feel stupid for ever believing those silly "Trip Count" and "Badly-timed dashdance" theories. This is clearly the one and only true reason. Turbowombat is right too. We need to create a group to honor and please the mighty Sakurai and ensure that this nevert happens again. I propose someone makes a clan for the great Sakurai that all wishing to have their sins be forgotten and have their tripping cease, shall join.

etrain911

Smash Apprentice
The truth has finally been revealed, but Lord Sakurai will kill us all now that we know. I can't face his wrath, I just can't. *kills self* Seriously though, that was epic, ten internets to you my friend.

clace

Smash Journeyman
Best. Anything. Ever.

lavisFiend seems to be upholding the comical side of SmashBoards all by his lonesome, we must rush to his aid and chant '**** or GTFO' at the top of our lungs!

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
I have now officially converted... Everybody! I've heard of a book, that tells us how Sakurai's son, Tabuu, died for our sins (tripping) yet we still do them (tripping) we must stop my friends! We must stop now! This book is called the Holy Sakurai (?) Get it and read all of it!

But that was full of win 10 internets and my wife for you!

iggboards

Smash Rookie
helpiez

Now I feel stupid for ever believing those silly "Trip Count" and "Badly-timed dashdance" theories. This is clearly the one and only true reason. Turbowombat is right too. We need to create a group to honor and please the mighty Sakurai and ensure that this nevert happens again. I propose someone makes a clan for the great Sakurai that all wishing to have their sins be forgotten and have their tripping cease, shall join.
i could help with that

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Some people just don't understand religion...
I lol'd just as hard at this as I did at the first post :p

lavisFiend seems to be upholding the comical side of SmashBoards all by his lonesome, we must rush to his aid and chant '**** or GTFO' at the top of our lungs!
On SWF I don't think we would get much out of that, unless there are more female smashers than I think there are. (More or less than 12?)

Top Bottom