• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE READS

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgReAggressive

Smash Cadet
My friend that I play smash with says that he only reads other players, and he says he only looks at the opponents char. Does anyone else think that this is a bit silly I mean he's really not all that good but lkes to think he's like the best. OpOnions.

AUS

Smash Cadet
Reads can only get you so far, in order to actually be good you have to choose moves that don't leave you too open and learn where and when to use them as well as learn guaranteed combos. As you said he isn't that good, if you don't look at your character than your more or less screwed since you wont be able to see the hit box connecting with the opponent which can be hard. So yes its kinda silly.

NTG

Smash Cadet
I feel like watching the other player is definitely a good habit to get into. Not exclusively, but like...that was some of the first advice I got when I started getting into Smash.

Coden

Banned via Warnings
This is that friend(Hey Jared), I never said that I only watch your character, like really, you guys kept yelling 'THE READS' at me constantly this past few months. Thank you NTG for being actually smart about this, it's just something I picked up, and definitely not constant. Totally agree with AUS, but I usually just form strategies, don't have too many guaranteed combos. I definitely play the game really weirdly, and I don't think many people play it as I do, at least exactly. But I actually do beat this guy every(or most of, nobodies perfect) time we play Smash. He's actually so toxic that I had to quit playing with him and actually cut him entirely out of my life, due to the constant harassing and salt towards losses. He actually has, with his friend Austin, ruined many weeks of my life with their harassing.

TL;DR OP is a ******, happy I found this thread so that you know the truth.

Last edited:

OgReAggressive

Smash Cadet
This is that friend(Hey Jared), I never said that I only watch your character, like really, you guys kept yelling 'THE READS' at me constantly this past few months. Thank you NTG for being actually smart about this, it's just something I picked up, and definitely not constant. Totally agree with AUS, but I usually just form strategies, don't have too many guaranteed combos. I definitely play the game really weirdly, and I don't think many people play it as I do, at least exactly. But I actually do beat this guy every(or most of, nobodies perfect) time we play Smash. He's actually so toxic that I had to quit playing with him and actually cut him entirely out of my life, due to the constant harassing and salt towards losses. He actually has, with his friend Austin, ruined many weeks of my life with their harassing.

TL;DR OP is a ******, happy I found this thread so that you know the truth.
BTW you don't beat me every time I've been playing for under a year and I can beat your Marth which you have been playing for like 5 years with ****ING TOON LINK, are you ****ing stooooooopid.

Foo

Smash Lord
Just gonna post this in this thread since it's so relevant here, report, and wait patiently for the lock to come.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, we are going to need to locate a button with a strange up-side down triangle on top of a square, as seen here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second, mouse over it like so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third, click "Start a new Conversation"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fourth, enter the targets you wish to trash talk, call out, or otherwise "put in their place."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Fifth, type in a suiting title and message to articulately and meaningfully debase your target(s) in the message section below.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sixth, locate the "start a conversation" button. Hover over it cautiously, but ultimately don't press it. Instead, find this button in the bottom left corner of your screen. Click it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, hover over the arrow next to "shut down" and then find the sleep option. Take your computer's advice and GO THE **** TO SLEEP

___________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom