• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Re-re-Revival (Monster Smash) Toronto, Ontario November 6th, 2010*

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
the lcds shouldnt be too bad, i cant really see anyone making too big a fuss over them

inb4wifi

Gichan

Smash Champion
you fail joe. Don't tell me brawl community too lazy to bring tvs to. CRTs man. Those lcds at tfns ****ing lag and that is for ssfiv, imagine for brawl.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
i think raidos still has my tv from the last smashfest at his place in like august, so if hes going hopefully my tv will be going too...

either way though ill be bringing a wii/brawl/power bar/extension cord/pokewalker, possibly a second power bar

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
**** I can`t come to this either...... only 2 weekends that I`m busy.......and both have tourny`s.....WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ........................lol

Jasuke

Smash Cadet
yo gi i was talking to jon and i told him pyro and i wanted to come but he didnt metion us in his post XD we are trying to make it but not sure yet.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Just posting to mention I'm coming, I'll talk to the other people from Montreal if they're interested. I'm probably busing down to this and will probably need housing. Gi whenever you're available, could you come on msn so I can talk to you a bit? Thanks.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Long time, no post, here goes nothing...

Food:
There is a Piri Piri restaurant that sells pretty good food in the immediate vicinity. Just a bit more is a bar that sells burgers and other manly foods. Two blocks down there is a Caldense Bakery from which I recommend the "Tosta Mista" or Chicken Sandwich.
There is also a McDonalds within walking distance from the venue.

BRAWL RULESET

7 minute time limit
really o.O???

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 2 stages that will be banned from the tournament set. however, only one of the banned stages can be a neutral stage. (ex. yoshi's island and corneria makes a VALID ban. corneria and brinstar makes a VALID ban. yoshi's island and battlefield makes an INVALID ban.)
I really like this rule considering the stage list :bigthumbu

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.
even tho it wasn't said, I assume the characters must stay the same, what needs to be clarified however is what will the time limit of the 1 stock match be (3 minutes?)

EDIT: What are the payouts, thats also missing in the OP.

Also, I like working with you last time Gi and would love to co-host this if you would allow me to :]

You still planning on running SF and BB as well, or was that for the January tourney? I'll be there regardless, but I know several other people I could bring for SF/BB.
Yo ceX, that's for the jan or feb one. This is just a small brawl tourney to get things moving for the brawl scene again.

Guys tell EVERYONE of this tourney. I'll do my part later but at the moment you guys help out.
yo if u can make that upcoming tourney anywhere from jan 20- feb 20 i will be able to come :D
I'll try then pharaoh.

People please tell others of this I'm extremely busy at the moment. This is looking like a flop, no lie.
Whats going on here, someone please explain to me whats happening next year.

I am strongly of the opinion that halloween costumes should be mandatory for this.
I strongly agree with you, who's down?

you fail joe. Don't tell me brawl community too lazy to bring tvs to. CRTs man. Those lcds at tfns ****ing lag and that is for ssfiv, imagine for brawl.
They don't lag for SSF4 tho, at least not at T11 they didn't.

i think raidos still has my tv from the last smashfest at his place in like august, so if hes going hopefully my tv will be going too...

either way though ill be bringing a wii/brawl/power bar/extension cord/pokewalker, possibly a second power bar
Raidos would have like 3 TV's then, Would be godlike if he brought them all.

in for singles
Its been a long time man, finally reaching another tourney. Good luck this time, our set back them was sick btw :]

what other tourney?
Quebec tourney probably

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm coming to this 100%

I'm bringing:

• Wii (soft modded with infinite replay hack but still tournament legal in every other way) + Brawl
  • Laptop + Dazzle (so essantially thats 2 recording stations, one in wii, one with dazzle ;))
  • 3 Extention cords & 1 Power bar
  • And thats if I don't get a ride, if I do get a ride, I'll also bring 2 CRT TV's

(I'd like to see anyone top that :p)

Gichan

Smash Champion
thanks tin, I would like to have another pair of hands on ****. I'll most likely need you to yell matches since you got a loud voice.

I'll ask ambrose if he can drive you although I never know with that guy.

Patches

Smash Master
Gi, regarding that. I'd be more than willing to help too. I'll probably be getting there when the doors open, so if you need help setting up or whatever, let me know man.

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
I'll confirm the bringing of my Wii + Brawl.
I'll try to bring my CRT(It's only 13 inches :x )
And HolyNightmare is coming, this is going to be fun as hell.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
There are still some questions in my post that havent been answered. please address the comments I made on the OP and someone tell me whats happening next year

fUddO

Smash Ace
I can set my Wii up for Tournament-legal, infinite replay hack as well. I'll just have to get rid of a few of the crazier codes.

EDIT: I also have a laptop we can use for a Dazzle station.

ThePadWarrior

Smash Rookie
Make sure, theres atleast 2 set-ups for SSF4! appreciated yo. Im gonna tell LKP and Mist today.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo Hrc, we've played on those size tvs, if not smaller, so please if you can, BRING IT!!

And tin, I got those rules from someone else because I wasn't aware of all the changes in the game since I quit so if there are mistakes it's from ignorance.

The big event in jan or feb is something I'm planning since I can get the venue where I work for a good price so I am going to make a decent size tourney with ssfiv, blazblue, and brawl.

Yo Fadi, don't worry seeing as it will be at tfns why wouldn't there be ssfiv set-ups right? Cause like what the **** am I going to play lol.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Is there a time we can arrange to talk on msn Gi?

and TFNS has 4 Xbox360's so yeah u can have 4 ppl bring 360 version of ssf4 & a memory unit and there you go.

Gichan

Smash Champion
yo i forgot to say, the mcdonalds is "walking" distance depending on the person. **** is at dufferin and dupont, bout a 10 minute walk if not more. But if someone drives they can get that **** for you.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The big event in jan or feb is something I'm planning since I can get the venue where I work for a good price so I am going to make a decent size tourney with ssfiv, blazblue, and brawl.
Hey, Gi, for that tourney could we have some Brawl- and P:M, perhaps? Could probably find people to run minus pretty easily, dunno about P:M though.

Anyways, this is looking great so far.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'll try supreme, if i know someone who has it, we'll do it up.

Also, OP has been updated with the starter list being nine stages now. This is the new and supported format from the sbr and we should always keep ourselves updated. It seems legit and fair so any complaints will be heard but it will not affect my decision. Pretty much, you can vent.

And now to TVs, remember if you got a small *** tv you can carry. Or more importantly you are getting a ride, BRING A TV! If you are getting a ride then consider carpooiling with others attending this tournament and hopefully one of them can bring one to.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Gah! I want to attend this event so badly, but I'm taking Calculus at Blythe, and I can't afford to miss a class.

Please host more of these in the future, I'm suffering from withbrawal.

Gichan

Smash Champion
aw man that sucks inle, I'll try to do another one before the end of the year. And remeber the big one in the next year.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Mannnn...I'm having so much trouble on what to be this year for halloween. I guess that happens with age or something. But I think I finally nailed it! Gonna be annoying hosting with it thugh but we'll see.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wow, look at these new names, you guys almost make me want to play again.

On that note there are still a majority of old players that I can't contact, do any of you know how to for these people.

XxHollowCorexX (PM'd, anyone know other contact info?)
Ray Kalm (PM'd, anyone know other contact info?)
Yoh (Does he have an account?)
Crown
Mightychir (PM'd, anyone know other contact info?)
Tosh
Hammabro
Freeroller
Han
Demmy
Dorian
Jigz
Wally
L2P

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
what tha syht?