• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rainbow Base [Yoshi's Hitbox Repository]

Aurablast

Smash Cadet
Really great job ! I was just looking for something like that.
Just something I don't understand as I look the pictures. It's about the dash grab. Sometimes when I'm, I think, not as far from the opponent as I must do. The dash grab doesn't catch him but the tip of the tongue hitbox begins on Yoshi's mouth ... So I don't understand why there is a "Dead Zone" in this attack, can someone explain me the reason ? Are there some frames where the hitbox is transfered into another zone / deleted ?
Thanks !

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Because, in the coding, only the middle setion of a character's body is affected by collisions (which is why when yoshi walks slowly into a person, his nose can pass through them and only his body actually pushes them), and when you do dash grab, Yoshi leans out from his center point where all the body hurtboxes are, and his head is very far from the center of his body. This means that the beginning of the grab starts far away from his 'collision points' of the move, allowing you to miss when you get too close as they get stuck in his neck area as he leans his head forward. This is due to the fact that the head can pass through the other characters without any collision pushing them in front of it to keep them in the grab's range.

Hope that makes sense.

Sharky

Smash Master
oh wow I'm just seeing this reach completion, nice! I think I'll get rid of the pictures in my guide, link to this, and just have practical summaries for each move. What do you guys think?

Aurablast

Smash Cadet
Because, in the coding, only the middle setion of a character's body is affected by collisions (which is why when yoshi walks slowly into a person, his nose can pass through them and only his body actually pushes them), and when you do dash grab, Yoshi leans out from his center point where all the body hurtboxes are, and his head is very far from the center of his body. This means that the beginning of the grab starts far away from his 'collision points' of the move, allowing you to miss when you get too close as they get stuck in his neck area as he leans his head forward. This is due to the fact that the head can pass through the other characters without any collision pushing them in front of it to keep them in the grab's range.

Hope that makes sense.
Sorry for my late answer, I had connection problems =D
I've understood well, thanks =)

Top Bottom