• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Quiet Girl with Creepy Dreams: Madotsuki.

smash puffle

Smash Ace

Madotsuki is the main playable character in the psicological horror game, Yume Nikki, originaly released in 2004 by independent developer KIKIYAMA.
This game stars the young girl Madotsuki as she collects 24 "Effects" inside her own dreams. The game is known for it's unique gameplay made in an old RPG Maker engine, it's creepy imagery, and overall mystery, which is led by the player's speculation and imagination.
Yume Nikki in itself is a really old game for indie standards, and as such, it has gained a noticeable following over the years. So much so it has spawned many fan games, spiritual sequels starring they're own characters and lore, etc. Its also a piece of inspiration for a certain guy who made a certain RPG where you can avoid killing anyone.
Recently the game got a remake using 3D assets and realeased commercially.

What can she do in Smash?
In Yume Nikki, Madotsuki can gain various abilities as she goes through her journey inside her dreams. From simple ones to others that are just bizarre, and by using her knife, she's got some really respectable moveset potential. As a matter of fact, someone already came up with a moveset... back in 2011, long before Smash 4.
Ever heard about Smash Bros. Lawl? It's a parody version of Smash Bros. that features basically memes, YTP characters, famous people and other crazy stuff like that.
The concept was made by chincherrinas on YouTube, and quickly picked up in popularity. Among those old movesets, he made one for Madotsuki, and it could work surprisingly well in a real Smash game, like Ultimate. Check the moveset section to find out.

How to support:
You can tell you want to support her of course. That's enough for me. If you really want to though, you can come up with a different moveset for her.
Feel free to support this little girl if you want to. As well you're also free to not support her, I will understand.
As well I would also appreciate if you were nice... just saying.

Movesets:
Moveset made by Smash Bros. Lawl creator chincherrinas

Stock Icon:
By me

Supporter List:
Supporters so far:
smash puffle (me)
Dyllybirdy
TimeSpace
NumberDerp
fleshdude.gov
BoyMan
UnknownTemptation
Night Gale
Sabitsuki42
jadetheseer

Thank you for reading and have a nice day! :)

Last edited:

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
nice concept for a character, but the big inhibitor here would be the fact that she's not at all connected to nintendo... no port of the original or dream diary to any nintendo consoles, and her sole owner, kikiyama, is very quiet about yume nikki, save for greenlighting the recent spinoff. i'm not sure how eager nintendo and kikiyama are to put madotsuki into a fighting game of all-stars...

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
This happens to be my most wanted, so I support fully! It's not gonna happen, but I can dream! ...Yeah... that was bad, I'm sorry.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Had no idea who this girl was, so I looked her up and here I am watching the full playthrough of Yume Nikki as we speak.

UnknownTemptation

Smash Rookie
I support this idea wholeheartedly.
Madotsuki would bring a lot to the table.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
DS Mado.png

Her orignal design is FAAAAAR better

Even if you take the Realism Route she could have used her Original Design (although less 8bit) in the Dream World

And yes i can be mean to Remake Madotsuki she didnt kill herself (i mean there isnt even a bad ending where she dies Weird????)

Original on the other Hand was poor Girl???? or Woman????

Im Memeing to laugh at my own Insecurities

To be fair right now everyone is like her (just with less sleping and less Splat)

Sabitsuki42

Smash Rookie

Madotsuki is the main playable character in the psicological horror game, Yume Nikki, originaly released in 2004 by independent developer KIKIYAMA.
This game stars the young girl Madotsuki as she collects 24 "Effects" inside her own dreams. The game is known for it's unique gameplay made in an old RPG Maker engine, it's creepy imagery, and overall mystery, which is led by the player's speculation and imagination.
Yume Nikki in itself is a really old game for indie standards, and as such, it has gained a noticeable following over the years. So much so it has spawned many fan games, spiritual sequels starring they're own characters and lore, etc. Its also a piece of inspiration for a certain guy who made a certain RPG where you can avoid killing anyone.

In Yume Nikki, Madotsuki can gain various abilities as she goes through her journey inside her dreams. From simple ones to others that are just bizarre, and by using her knife, she's got some really respectable moveset potential. As a matter of fact, someone already came up with a moveset... back in 2011, long before Smash 4.
Ever heard about Smash Bros. Lawl? It's a parody version of Smash Bros. that features basically memes, YTP characters, famous people and other crazy stuff like that.
The concept was made by chincherrinas on YouTube, and quickly picked up in popularity. Among those old movesets, he made one for Madotsuki, and it could work surprisingly well in a real Smash game, like Ultimate. Check the moveset section to find out.

How to support:
You can tell you want to support her of course. That's enough for me. If you really want to though, you can come up with a different moveset for her.
Feel free to support this little girl if you want to. As well you're also free to not support her, I will understand.

Movesets:

Stock Icon:
By me

Supporter List:
Supporters so far:
smash puffle (me)
Dyllybirdy
TimeSpace
NumberDerp
fleshdude.gov
BoyMan
UnknownTemptation
Night Gale

How to support:

Movesets:

Stock Icon:
By me

Supporter List:
Supporters so far:
smash puffle (me)
Dyllybirdy
TimeSpace
NumberDerp
fleshdude.gov
BoyMan
UnknownTemptation
Night Gale

Im surprised you didn’t mention any music tracks yume nikki has some great tracks I’d love to see remixed here’s a list of songs I made I tried to keep it short

Block World
The Martian Underground
Toriningen Beat
Shield Folk World
Aztec Rave Monkey
Dense Woods B
Famicom
Toriningen Party
Barracks Settlement
Flute Player
Dark Water
Monoko’s Dance
The Pink Sea
Checkered Tile Path
Neon World
KALIMBA
Witch Flight
FC Fields

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Im surprised you didn’t mention any music tracks yume nikki has some great tracks I’d love to see remixed here’s a list of songs I made I tried to keep it short

Block World
The Martian Underground
Toriningen Beat
Shield Folk World
Aztec Rave Monkey
Dense Woods B
Famicom
Toriningen Party
Barracks Settlement
Flute Player
Dark Water
Monoko’s Dance
The Pink Sea
Checkered Tile Path
Neon World
KALIMBA
Witch Flight
FC Fields
Great soundtrack? i mean this stuff is designed to be uncomfartable as heck!

jadetheseer

Smash Cadet
i know she’ll never be in but god do i want her to be in, one of the best fictional characters and video games of all time. OF ALL TIME

Top Bottom