• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Purple Energetic CPU: Neptune for Smash DLC

smash puffle

Smash Ace
"I'll Nep you up!"

Who is this little girl?
This is Neptune. She is the titular character from the game Hyperdimension Neptunia, and the main face of the series. She is a very optimistic cheery girl with a strong sense of justice. She can be a bit dorky and cause trouble at a regular basis, despite her noble intentions.
She is one of the four goddesses (or CPUs) of Gaminindustri, usually being the hero of the story, but she's sometimes a side character in other games.
She is based of the Sega Neptune, an unreleased console by Sega that merged the Genesis/Megadrive and the 32X together.

Why should she be in Smash?
Albeit not being a very popular franchise, the Neptunia series is mostly an RPG series set in a fictional world known as Gamindustri.
A parallel world protected by four goddesses, who are engaged in a war with one another in Celestia, known as the Console War...
As you can tell, this whole series is inspired by the whole gaming industry, it's history and pieces of hardware, among other things. It is very anime, to say the least.
The Neptunia series is well known in Japan, but not so much in the west. The games are developed by Compile Heart, a Japanese studio that has developed a fair amount of games for different platforms, including Nintendo systems.
In the case of the Neptunia series, it's only been released on Sony systems and PC, and no Nintendo....
Until recently!
Super Neptunia RPG got announced a little while ago for PlayStation 4... AND Nintendo Switch!!! This is the first time a Neptunia game gets to be released on a Nintendo platform ever.
This might increase Nep's chances of being in Smash Bros. just a little bit,
As a side note though, I hope the game sells well on Switch. The PSVita is dead, and Steam becomes a bigger mess by the day, so the company can keep going and not go bankrupt.
Now, quite frankly, her chances in being in Smash are still very slim, but it would be pretty cool to see a character inspired by the video game industry fighting agaisnt the industry's biggest icons. I see her being the happiest shes ever been in her life, and I couldn't be more proud of her, accomplishing her dreams like that.

How would she play in Smash?
Technically being a goddess, you would expect her to do a lot, and you would be right.
Aside from being able to use swords, she can use magic, do summons, turn into things, like a fighter jet, tickle you, obliterate you with combos, etc.
She is also able to transform into her goddess form, Purple Heart, and destroy the opponent, which would be her Final Smash, easily.

And now that 3rd Party Echo Fighters are a thing, how about one for Nep-Nep?
There could be Nepgear, but Blanc would most llikely be the best fit. They look a lot more distinct from one another and have similar height and proportions. Also showing off Blanc's personality wouldn't be a big problem since Echos like Daisy, Chrom and Dark Samus prove that characters can have different animations to reflect their personality while still being clones, so my bets go to her.

I will try to make a moveset for both... Eventually... I hope.

How to support:
You can tell you want to support her of course. That's enough for me. If you really want to though, you can come up with a moveset for her. Support icons and other misc stuff are welcome too.
Feel free to support Nep if you want to. As well you're also free to not support her, I will understand.
As well I would also appreciate if you were nice... just saying.

Stock Icons:

Supporter List:
Supporters so far:
smash puffle (me)
SEGAGameBoy
Lord-Zero
TheMarioaddict
Mario123311
Dixie Kong
neptuneVII
Dyllybirdy
Kuon
Ocrilio
Felancius
Dannio
Laoc
Lynn Eslie
Wilsonasmara
Prince777
Nerkama

Thank you for reading and have a nice day! :)

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I’ve been nominating her in RTC and yes, I would love to see her in Smash so I’ll support.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I know Nep doesn't have a chance in hell, but at the same time I would be so unbelievably hype if she was added

Toss me on that supporters list!

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Nep Nep~...

Probably the one JRPG/Swordfighter I could actually be interested in thanks to her actual unique design.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Neptune would be a unique character if she gets in, mostly due to HN's many unique mechanics.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Daww, she's so cute! :3

I support!
The series is really great, and has many niche titles (around 14 or 15), and as great as she would be, her chances are slim. Though my favorite is Noire and I would prefer her. This is Noire:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The series is really great, and has many niche titles (around 14 or 15), and as great as she would be, her chances are slim. Though my favorite is Noire and I would prefer her. This is Noire:
Joker's in. Anyone (except for ATs, Poke Ball Pokemon, Sony first party characters, and non-video game characters) are possible at this point.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Joker's in. Anyone (except for ATs, Poke Ball Pokemon, Sony first party characters, and non-video game characters) are possible at this point.
No Sony first party characters because of PlayStation All Stars or what?

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Sony will never ever work with Nintendo ever again, for reasons involving the prototype of the Playstation falling through.

That being said, I can only think of Kratos [God of War], and that might not even be the case.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Sony will never ever work with Nintendo ever again, for reasons involving the prototype of the Playstation falling through.

That being said, I can only think of Kratos [God of War], and that might not even be the case.
But Hyperdimension Neptunia, the series Neptune is from, is 3rd party and owned by Compile Heart and Idea Factory, not Sony. Also, the upcoming Hyperdimension Neptunia game is on the Switch

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
But Hyperdimension Neptunia, the series Neptune is from, is 3rd party and owned by Compile Heart and Idea Factory, not Sony. Also, the upcoming Hyperdimension Neptunia game is on the Switch
I know. I was not referring to Neptune’s series, which is entirely third party.
So, if Arle got to make a cameo appearance in Hyperdimension Neptunia, would that be a homecoming?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh Arle Nadja was?
Yeah, they originally owned Puyo Puyo before they made a whole bunch of bad business decisions, lent it out to SEGA, and SEGA ended up flat-out owning Puyo Puyo when Compile went belly-up. I'm not presenting what happened very accurately (it was really more like putting a house up as collateral on a loan), but I'm being brief here.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yeah, they originally owned Puyo Puyo before they made a whole bunch of bad business decisions, lent it out to SEGA, and SEGA ended up flat-out owning Puyo Puyo when Compile went belly-up. I'm not presenting what happened very accurately (it was really more like putting a house up as collateral on a loan), but I'm being brief here.
Oh that makes sense. Sega was greatly involved in the first Hyperdimension Neptunia game as well

Last edited:

Ocrilio

Smash Rookie
So here's some food for thought; alternate costumes/palettes.

I'd say the parka-dress and V's Jersey Dress would be a given, as would a palette based on adult-Neptune, but what others could they incorporate?

Felancius

Smash Cadet
I feel a little mixed on this. On one hand, I'd love for Neptune to be in Smash Bros, given it'd feel like she'd fit in. On the other hand, there's a certain other CPU that would fit better due to the fact she's Nintendo's representative in that universe: Blanc.

Either way, kinda like what I mentioned in the Reimu thread, Neptune being in Smash would give Neptunia some publicity I believe, though the series as far as I know has fallen on harder times in the main series. Regardless, I'd still love to see Mario or Link duke it out with Purple Heart. Granted it all depends on if Sakurai can get the rights from Idea Factory.

Not too much else to say on this one other than PLEASE LET HER BE IN SMASH!!!

Deleted User

Smash Rookie
I've only made an account a few hours ago but stumbled onto this site last week to see if there were any threads supporting Neptune for Smash. I had no luck in finding one until last night, and since then I have some renewed hope that maybe, just maybe, Nep has a shot of getting in. Previously I thought I was the only one in the world who wanted her, but I'm glad to see that I'm not alone. It would be an honor to be added to the supporter list.

Felancius

Smash Cadet
After doing a bit of thinking, I realized something: Blanc might possibly be more likely to get in if only cause she's Nintendo's personification in the Neptunia series. XD

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
After doing a bit of thinking, I realized something: Blanc might possibly be more likely to get in if only cause she's Nintendo's personification in the Neptunia series. XD
Neptune is the main protagonist and they usually go for main protagonists first in series that don't rotate out protagonists.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Do add me to the list, if you would.

Also, as I found myself with some free time and ample curiosity, here are some alt costume concepts.

Nep (Blanc and Noir Alt).png

Ocrilio

Smash Rookie
Oh, I love these. Visually appealing and instantly recognizable.

D

Deleted member

More DLC Fighters are coming and Neptune is No Brainer to be announced! She fits in way better than anyone from Western video games!

Top Bottom