• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Punisher?

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
Premium
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
Long story, short: I'm been a Wario Main for a while now and I can't quite get punishing other charecters down (which I heard is one of has strongest points) Any tips, advice or anything of the sort is welcomed. :)

xzx

Smash Lord
Wario can punish in the right situation, and the reason why people say Wario is the punisher is because of his immense waft which packs a punch. Wario's punish game is overrated IMO. He can punish, but it can sometimes get too dangerous and risky.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Down-B is Frame 5 (though you usually have to use seven frames to jump out of shield, as well), deals massive damage/knockback, and has almost no risk when using it. That means that a simple powershield or good read can get you a KO really easily.

Down-B, U-Air, D-Air, and F-Smash deal substantial damage and are all reasonably fast. N-Air is fast and can combo into other stuff at lower percents. Wario has many short strings that deal a lot of damage, and his aerial mobility allows him to apply pressure easily against most characters.

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
Premium
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
Thanks guys! I'll work this into my gameplay. Are there any tips on recognizing a publishable situation?

xzx

Smash Lord
Reflex, isn't the fastest waft frame 3 or 4? I'm sure I have read it somewhere...

@KiddKoopa: Uhh, yeah. There are a lot of situations, like when someone is recovering or is in the helpless mode.

Top Bottom