• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Punching Bag- Little Mac Whine/Defense Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Yes, I do think he could have been done better. Most of his moves have fantastic applications and attributes. Lots of super armor, some frame 1 invulnerability, extremely quick IASA frames,

What irks me about Mac's design is his lack of edgeguarding options. Like any character he has a footstool (a bad idea to meet an opponent offstage) and he can ledgetrump (a much better idea, but still invites counter play when the opponent realizes that's all you can do). The only character Little Mac can really edgeguard is another little mac. Fair is good because of the knockback angle. Dair is a joke. The hitbox is about as tiny as one of Mega Man's buster shots, and you need to be directly on top of the opponent. Not slightly to the left or to the right. When you do hit with it, it's absolutely the weakest meteor in the game. It won't even have the spike sound. The only thing dair is good for is initiating a jab lock combo, and that's something I doubt the designers even considered should be possible for the attack.

Really, I think everything about Mac is satisfactory or even great, but that dair is wow bad.

Lol I diddnt even know it was a spike to begin with, I've fought no one that has been crazy enough to leave the stage to Dair someone

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
What Mac really needs to work is a decent Uair to punish platform campers. The rest of his aerials can be bad, but this would fix a number of his issues in competitive as well as the 1P modes and Smash Run, where he struggles to attack airborne opponents.

LITTLEPUNCH

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
3995-0713-4011
For little mac, all you have to do is make sure you are close to the side and then wall jump followed by side b or up b. usually its best to side b becuase you can even get in some damadge. that said, it depends if your playing on a omega stage with or without walls. because if your playing of final destination...then your ****ed recoverywise

Viriquin

Smash Rookie
NNID
HarlequinBlue
3DS FC
5413-1007-0170
It'd be brilliant if neutral-b could be ledge cancelled, lol

Otherwise neutral-b should have been a charge mechanic for KO punch. It would actually give players a reason to approach Mac.

Original name taken

Smash Rookie
Here's my issue. Little Mac's recovery system is totally bogus. I'm getting tired of having to do an Up B for recovery. Furthermore, the Up B only helps if you're slightly off the stage, and even then may not even work. The point I'm trying to make here is. well, do you think Little Mac's Counter, Recovery, Down B, etc. Could of been done better? Honestly, at this point, Falco and Fox seem to be way better than Little Mac..... and the funny thing is, Falco is the furthest DOWN on the tier list. I'm ashamed about Little Mac. So, I want to hear what you think the Creators can do to make Little Mac a better character on the roster. :4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::urg:
Little mac? Better? please. Im one of the players that thinks he's op, but you cant argue that 19% on a fairly fast forward smash, super armor, High speed in general, a counter, and an attack that kills at 19% isn't exactly balanced by bad recovery.

Medik

Smash Rookie
NNID
CaptainMedic
3DS FC
1049-0269-7339
Little mac? Better? please. Im one of the players that thinks he's op, but you cant argue that 19% on a fairly fast forward smash, super armor, High speed in general, a counter, and an attack that kills at 19% isn't exactly balanced by bad recovery.
Steve you're the only guy I know who still gets smoked by FG Littlemac's. Get gud m8. Seriously though pay attention to what you're doing during the matches you lose and see if there's any room for improvement.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I can. Because it's not just bad recovery. It's also easy walling by projectiles, little way to fight kiting or sharking, dying to moves at half or a third of the % required to get lightning (At the far side of the stage, Marth can gimp him with a sweetspotted uncharged fsmash. Around 30%.).

WARNING: All the below, is unproven, opinion. Do not take it as the thoughts or me nor others. Thank you.

Not to mention it's not balanced out well because "slightly better tham most" ground game doesn't make up for "Absolutely none, near-auto loss-in-the-air" air game, coupled with a bad recovery, insane fall speed, average airspeed with nearly no traction, the combination of extremely bad recovery an extremely low weight, which for good reason had never existed in a Smash game before bar SSF2(Chibi-Robo had a ton of falling speed and little vertical recovery, but that was a game where autosnap didn't exist, and he had good airspeed and insane horizontal recovery, and wasn't THAT light. Still, eh's considered the worst character by many), and to top it off, completely one-directional recovery that can barely be mixed up at all.

Who thought the idea of giving a weight that kills them faster than you can blink, a recovery that kills them faster than Jigs can blink, no way to defend himself offstage, and then balance it out with armor? Since when has armor made a character better, rather than just more annoying? His horrible air game forces him to rely on every gimmick he has and play insanely defensive, hence why less people use him, let alone well: Not that many people will play defensive. EVER.

To make things worse, it usually gives a horrible playing experience for them because kiting isn't fun and neither is a possible death at 13-42%(Hence why I hate playing Marth because if they barely hit me, I die at 58%. With Mega Man. In the middle of the stage. With near-perfect DI and VI. Yay. Now the whole match is an annoying uphill climb.) and for you because of possible death at 0% for one mistake, which becomes amplified at 30%, 50%, 80%, 100% and 120%, the point when more semi-spikes and moves start sending you too far.

I don't think Little Mac is garbage or top tier, I don't know where to put him. But in terms of how fun he is to play, both as or against, I'd put him in his own tier at the bottom. I love Punch-Out, so I'm obviously not happy to find everyone online just going straight for the ledge and spamming. It's satisfying to win, but winning is the most annoying task to accomplish in the history of fighting games.

tl;dr It doesn't balance out well. His lack of an air game makes him easily beaten by the most degenerate, annoying tactics out there that are bad normally, but actually work well on mac. Imo it's not fun to fight him unless you're very skilled, and it's not fun to fight as him unless they're not very skilled. I win a lot, but it's just a horrible grind for someone impatient like me.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He's not that good, especially not after the latest major update. Little Mac has a lot of weaknesses. He doesn't have really any good options when he's in the air or off stage, he's super easy to shield grab with all but a few characters, and he has a hard time dealing with characters with sturdy projectiles. Looking at your side profile, I take it you play as Duck Hunt and ROB? I'd argue that ROB is a hard counter to Little Mac. ROB is big bodied but excels at everything that Little Mac struggles with. Duck Hunt is a little different because his kill options are limited but both can have a decent amount of success by playing defensively.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Yes, I do think he could have been done better. Most of his moves have fantastic applications and attributes. Lots of super armor, some frame 1 invulnerability, extremely quick IASA frames, etc.

What irks me about Mac's design is his lack of edgeguarding options. Like any character he has a footstool (a bad idea to meet an opponent offstage) and he can ledgetrump (a much better idea, but still invites counter play when the opponent realizes that's all you can do). The only character Little Mac can really edgeguard is another little mac. Fair is good because of the knockback angle. Dair is a joke. The hitbox is about as tiny as one of Mega Man's buster shots, and you need to be directly on top of the opponent. Not slightly to the left or to the right. When you do hit with it, it's absolutely the weakest meteor in the game. It won't even have the spike sound. The only thing dair is good for is initiating a jab lock combo, and that's something I doubt the designers even considered should be possible for the attack.

Really, I think everything about Mac is satisfactory or even great, but that dair is wow bad.
Actually, you can edgeguard :4marth: and :4lucina: with Mac too, they're not the best at recovering themselves. Their UpB doesn't sweetspot the ledge and barely gives them a horizontal boost, Mac can keep them offstage with his Dsmash. With proper timing, Dsmash hits below the stage and will hit them at the end of their UpB and push them further away from the stage, without their double jump they're gonna flop like a fish and won't come back. The timing on it is pretty strict and hard to pull off (and you'll take damage from their Dolphin Slash if you time it wrong), but it can be done.

And from his KO Punch (which can be combo'd from Dtilt at around only 30%) and megaton smash attacks, it could be argued he doesn't need edgeguarding options all that badly. I'm personally bugged more about his inability to deal with platform camping than his edgeguarding to be honest, if opponents camp on a platform all u can really do is UpB (which is pretty unsafe and predictable), his Uair is too weak to lay even a scratch on their shields and his wimpy double jump makes it hard to even reach the platforms at all on certain stages like Duck Hunt. I think they made his air game a little bit too weak because of this.

He's also missing a special move in Straight Lunge, and Jolt Haymaker is too situational onstage.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I'd argue that ROB is a hard counter to Little Mac. ROB is big bodied but excels at everything that Little Mac struggles with.
That's funny, I think ROB is extremely doable as Mac. I went up against a ROB at tournament (the player ended up placing higher than me, fyi), and had a convincing victory with only a few, vital pieces of information that I researched on the character prior.

- ROB's gyro disappears when hitting a shield, allowing him to fire another instantly. It's a vital piece of his zoning game due to its speed and item play. Do not shield it, dodge or catch it to make sure it remains in play. This leaves him only with a laser to wall you out that takes four seconds to charge a shot. Not good enough for Mac.

- Rob's fuel based recovery is easy to hit with moves that travel under the stage if he's going for the ledge. Mac's dtilt popped him up for an Fsmash, and he didn't have enough fuel to return to the stage after that.

Furthermore, since he lacks a strong grab game, I'd argue he's got almost nothing going for him to create advantages against Mac.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
ROB has decent grab set ups and gimping Mac offstage as ROB is cake with fair and set ups with dtilt and the lazer. ROB also has good "OH GOD, GET OFF ME" options like dtilt, jab, and dsmash if Mac tries to keep things close. The matchup isn't impossible but ROB has more than enough tools to make it one sided.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
ROB has decent grab set ups and gimping Mac offstage as ROB is cake with fair and set ups with dtilt and the lazer. ROB also has good "OH GOD, GET OFF ME" options like dtilt, jab, and dsmash if Mac tries to keep things close. The matchup isn't impossible but ROB has more than enough tools to make it one sided.
That's enough to play Mac's game. Just not very well. None of it beats out Mac's moves. Every character can potentially get a grab on Mac and throw him offstage. And every character has a Down Smash. But that's not enough to make a case for an advantageous matchup. Smashing through those aerials is child's play. And Mac doesn't need to get within grab or jab range should ROB remain on the ground. He just has superior range, speed, and power.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A good ROB is not going to be offensive in this match up. Yes, ROB will likely eat a smash attack if he tries approaching with an aerial or dash attack in this matchup but it isn't really necessary with how risky both actions are here. A good ROB would force Little Mac to approach and be able to wait things out. I'd argue that it's a similar case for Villager and Ness. There's no reason for either character to approach Little Mac either because their defensive options are simply so much better in comparison. Villager's options against Little Mac are hilariously bad at close range which is why, in my opinion, if Little Mac had better aerial options and recovery, it would probably be as bad as a matchup as against Sheik. Also, yes, Little Mac has super armor but people who know how to fight him are not going to outright challenge it or hope to beat it out because I feel this is the reason why newer players find him to be so overwhelming. "Maybe I can sneak in a jab or dmash before his hit lands." Nope. Little Mac is much better at close combat than most of the cast and most people fail when they decide to try to be just as offensive right back at him.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
A good ROB is not going to be offensive in this match up. Yes, ROB will likely eat a smash attack if he tries approaching with an aerial or dash attack in this matchup but it isn't really necessary with how risky both actions are here. A good ROB would force Little Mac to approach and be able to wait things out. I'd argue that it's a similar case for Villager and Ness. There's no reason for either character to approach Little Mac either because their defensive options are simply so much better in comparison. Villager's options against Little Mac are hilariously bad at close range which is why, in my opinion, if Little Mac had better aerial options and recovery, it would probably be as bad as a matchup as against Sheik. Also, yes, Little Mac has super armor but people who know how to fight him are not going to outright challenge it or hope to beat it out because I feel this is the reason why newer players find him to be so overwhelming. "Maybe I can sneak in a jab or dmash before his hit lands." Nope. Little Mac is much better at close combat than most of the cast and most people fail when they decide to try to be just as offensive right back at him.
A good ROB would not underestimate Mac, that's true. But we already established that he can't wall out Mac when Mac knows what to do. So what will ROB do when his defense is breached? He has nothing besides going airborne. Unless he wants to sit on a platform or fly offstage, there's no where he can go where he is safe against Mac. A good ROB can beat a good Mac, but he has to work harder than Mac's actual bad matchups. That's the point I'm making. He has no advantage.

Original name taken

Smash Rookie
He's not that good, especially not after the latest major update. Little Mac has a lot of weaknesses. He doesn't have really any good options when he's in the air or off stage, he's super easy to shield grab with all but a few characters, and he has a hard time dealing with characters with sturdy projectiles. Looking at your side profile, I take it you play as Duck Hunt and ROB? I'd argue that ROB is a hard counter to Little Mac. ROB is big bodied but excels at everything that Little Mac struggles with. Duck Hunt is a little different because his kill options are limited but both can have a decent amount of success by playing defensively.
True, he has been nerfed with that update, I play duck hunt more than rob, so my opinion on mac is rather bias. I actually picked up rob after having trouble beating little macs in online with duck hunt. even with that though, a decent amount of success simply isn't good enough. Its just annoying to hear people ask for an already good character that some people find OP to be better.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
I love Mac, I really do.

Why does a character with really, REALLY good KO potential need a insta-KO move though? That kind of befuddles me, but that's really my only complaint about Mac.

I guess it's made up for with the awful recovery Mac has.

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
My complaint?
Little Mac is cruddy in the air, yes, but all you have to do is fast fall, air dodge, side b or counter there - but that's not the bit I'm going to rant about.
It's custom Mac (I play on w/ friends).
Incredible speed, damage + knockback in addition to increased defense, priority on his ground attacks and super armour. Because of this, I cant play aggressively (my style of play), because counter (which lasts ages) and super armour save him. After being knocked around, I try to fall a place away from him, but he gets to me in a heartbeat, only to finish off with a lightning-speed smash attack before I can even get up. Nope, no starting or ending lag :(

When I play the ledge game of shield-grab-gimp, the first two stages work out successfully but gimping is a problem. Too small to footstall, and his custom side-B Guard Breaker cant be disrupted- super armour. When he doesn't use side-B, its counter. I land at the other side of the stage, he dashes, he does a smash attack and away I go. Rinse and repeat :(
C'mon Sakurai, don't you think you gave this guy too much super armour...?

AND KO punch D:

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
My complaint about Little Mac is that he is not R.O.B. Aside from that he is perfect in every way that matters. And the previous sentence was vacuously true since the only thing that matters is: R.O.B. or not R.O.B.?

Last edited:

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
instead of shortening his side b they could have just simply made it like fox/falcos side b in which they can still act out of it, only if used from ground to air.

1FC0

Smash Lord
instead of shortening his side b they could have just simply made it like fox/falcos side b in which they can still act out of it, only if used from ground to air.
They could also made his aerials to let him fly like Wario Man.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
All it took was a jab to keep me off the platform and I had no idea how or where I could even return. Tis frustrating when you have no answers.

TIGER17

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosTiger27
3DS FC
1564-3676-6738
stupid question but do anyone have any suggestions on clever ways to recover as little mac like somting outside the norms of just getting close to the edge and up-b or side-b nvm wrong forum

Last edited:

TerraCaty'

Smash Cadet
NNID
IndubitablyMe
3DS FC
1118-0357-0894
:4littlemac:
AT LEAST 80% of every player I have fought against either thinks he's broken (Kinda Noob mentality) or completely worthless.
He has a KO punch. So what. DODGE IT. BREAK IT. PUNISH IT.
If you think you can shield or counter it it's YOUR fault for getting demolished.
He has bad recovery. Alright.
Play smart as stay towards the center of the stage. Know when to Counter-Recover and when to use your 2 main options.
Don't rush in like a moron. THINK.
Little Mac's punish game is absolutely incredible and he has HUGE potential so don't just write off the character because of one flaw and don't tout him as broken because of one mechanic.
AND CAN WE PLEASE TEACH THE FOR GLORY MACS TO STOP :GCR::GCB:ING OFF THE EDGE?!
YOUTUBE HAS CAUSED US ENOUGH PAIN.

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
I think little mac is a fine character, but I have absolutely zero respect for people who salt-pick him after losing because they think he's op and will instantly net them a win. it is usually very easy to bait these players to the edge and kill them with a footstool or some other soft gimp.

still, I'll admit I've lost a few matches by sleeping on a mac. it's easy to underestimate every for glory mac at first.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
i don't claim to be the best little mac player, but i know more about the character than most, having gone to a tourney and doing well. he has weaknesses yes, but he has some powerful move sets, and a ton of tech people don't know about. buffered aerial ko punch for example, lets you hit someone with the ko punch by throwing out an aerial after jumping who is camping on a platform. jump cancel ko punch lets you use the ko punch while running or dashing, making it much more dangerous. roll cancel grabbing improves his grab game a ton, as it doubles his range, and can suprise shield ledge campers. pivot up tilt or smashes are great approaches and pressure on opponents. down tilt combos into EVERYTHING, ko punch, to jab, to smash attacks, to up b, to side b, and its the fastest down tilt in the game (frame 3). for people who grab, throw out your jab, its frame one and can interrupt grabs. little mac is bad to most players because of the high learning curve involved with him, as you can't fully utilize him until you at least learn 3 of the techs i mentioned above. it neutral game isn't "slightly better than most" its ridiculously op, if used right.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
My biggest problem with LM is that playing as or against him changes the dynamic of a match completely. People will shamelessly camp the ledge and/or spam projectiles, then taunt when you lose a stock. It creates an unpleasant and toxic atmosphere, on top of the already bad reputation LM has. People also counterpick you without a second thought.

"Oh, you beat my marth with mac? TIME TO USE SAMUS."

After a string of bad games yesterday, I was seriously considering dropping mac. The level of frustration that comes from his very design is sometimes not worth it. It sucks to be doing good, and then lose a stock because you made ONE, TEENSY, TINY LITTLE MISTAKE. It's scary how quickly you can lose a stock as mac.

And I despise his recovery. It should not be that bad. Side-B nerf wasnt needed, and up-B is a joke. Mac gets punished too hard for mistakes, vs. other characters who practically get away with murder (sheik, yoshi, sonic). I'd gladly trade some % on his moves for better recovery.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Ehh... Characters that have both an overwhelming strength and an overwhelming weakness to "balance it out" are always the most annoying. Have you ever played League of Legends? the design team used to make characters like that. a character that's too strong at the start of the game but becomes useless near the end, a character thats too strong up close but gets destroyed with champions with just decent kiting abilities. Its the way things are. they're either too OP or too weak, and in either situations they will only bring toxicity and saltiness along with them.

If you play him, you're annoying. People will hate you. And I will, too. These characters are not fun and if you care about fun you shouldn't be playing them. If they click with you and bring you the most wins then sure, cause for the sake of win even I, someone who appreciate having fun above all else, would step down to the lowest levels. But if fun is what you seek then there's 54 other character for you to play with, try them out and I am sure you'll find one that's fun, doesn't make your friends all bitter and salty, and doesn't die when backthrowed at 50%.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Ehh... Characters that have both an overwhelming strength and an overwhelming weakness to "balance it out" are always the most annoying. Have you ever played League of Legends? the design team used to make characters like that. a character that's too strong at the start of the game but becomes useless near the end, a character thats too strong up close but gets destroyed with champions with just decent kiting abilities. Its the way things are. they're either too OP or too weak, and in either situations they will only bring toxicity and saltiness along with them.

If you play him, you're annoying. People will hate you. And I will, too. These characters are not fun and if you care about fun you shouldn't be playing them. If they click with you and bring you the most wins then sure, cause for the sake of win even I, someone who appreciate having fun above all else, would step down to the lowest levels. But if fun is what you seek then there's 54 other character for you to play with, try them out and I am sure you'll find one that's fun, doesn't make your friends all bitter and salty, and doesn't die when backthrowed at 50%.
That's just it, though; people often think of LM is a bad character, so it's all the more satisfying to win with a "bad" character and watch people's misconceptions get shoved down their throat.

Also, who the hell are you to be telling people not to play a character because you deem them "not fun?" You made you the arbiter of what is fun and what isnt? The **** outta here.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Having just paid a visit to the "Why do you main Little Mac" thread, it's pretty clear that a LOT of people consider this character FUN. Myself included.

I've been in those days where I lose cheaply (particularly to Shulks... what the heck do I do wrong in this match? Must be For Glory shenigans which screw up my timing, or whatever, but for some reason, it favors Shulk a LOT).

At least I haven't gotten 2-stocked easily. And I confess I haven't participated in a single SSB4 tournament yet. And it's kinda crap how he gets hated for being OP, or ridiculed for his joke recovery. It's a rare ocassion when I get respected for using Mac, but it usually comes from Falcon players, or from fellow Mac mains.

They shouldn't have nerfed his Side+B. I absolultely do NOT understand what Sakurai's logic was when he decided that.
"Little Mac is the character with lowest win ratio in For Glory" *laughs* -Nerfs Mac's recovery.
What the heck? And it's ok for :4ryu:'s Tatsumaki to suddenly come to a stop near the edge, but :4littlemac:'s Jolt Haymaker can't? That would have been a more sensible fix, not nerf his Side+B in the air.

Didn't mean to vent, but I still have some frustrations on the design choices of LM. :D
...(Would it kill them to make his aerial hitboxes a bit bigger? Even if they still hit like a baby with mitts).

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
That's just it, though; people often think of LM is a bad character, so it's all the more satisfying to win with a "bad" character and watch people's misconceptions get shoved down their throat.

Also, who the hell are you to be telling people not to play a character because you deem them "not fun?" You made you the arbiter of what is fun and what isnt? The **** outta here.
I didn't exactly mean to be rude, but whatever. Little Mac is designed very badly and with a very lazy mentality. Like I mentioned iny LoL example, characters like Mac will always make people go toxic. You can look at the people who hate him and believe that they're all narrow minded and wrong, and that's usually a very easy thing to do (although its very wrong as well) but haven't you considered that he's actually badly designed? Do as you please and play with whoever, but you will always remain hated for playing Little Mac, and I believe a good amount of that hate is pretty well justified.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
@ Steelballray Steelballray
Well isn't the salt of others often a very sweet thing?
Well.. You wouldn't want to get salty yourself about something like that, now would you? But I'm also guilty of that since my Lucario and new found Luigi get very campy at (most of the) times and I do enjoy people's angry reactions. But I'm in very good terms with the fact that im an asshole so I dont flinch at whatever people say. This whole Little Mac situation is a very hard one to get the grasp of but I think I have a good general idea about what's truly going on about it. But I stick to my point that any character designed with the two extremes balancing themselves out mentality is a very bad one. Little Mac couldve been very goodgood character if Nintendo didn't choose such a lame lazy gimmick for him.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Well.. You wouldn't want to get salty yourself about something like that, now would you? But I'm also guilty of that since my Lucario and new found Luigi get very campy at (most of the) times and I do enjoy people's angry reactions. But I'm in very good terms with the fact that im an ******* so I dont flinch at whatever people say. This whole Little Mac situation is a very hard one to get the grasp of but I think I have a good general idea about what's truly going on about it. But I stick to my point that any character designed with the two extremes balancing themselves out mentality is a very bad one. Little Mac couldve been very goodgood character if Nintendo didn't choose such a lame lazy gimmick for him.
So you go on about LM being badly designed cuz of the extreme strength + extreme weakness, and how we shouldnt play him cuz he makes people salty...and yet you play lucario.

"I think I have a good general idea about what's truly going on about it." Please. You dont know jack ****.

What's wrong? Get wrecked by too many LMs lately? Why else would you be telling people not to play him?

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
So you go on about LM being badly designed cuz of the extreme strength + extreme weakness, and how we shouldnt play him cuz he makes people salty...and yet you play lucario.

"I think I have a good general idea about what's truly going on about it." Please. You dont know jack ****.

What's wrong? Get wrecked by too many LMs lately? Why else would you be telling people not to play him?
Sheesh.. Chill. One thing I would want to get out of the way is that me doing something bad doesn't really mean that I'm in denial of it. Unlike you Mac players who really want to act as the underdog of this story instead of admitting that you're the villain. So yeah, thats that. Im an ass, and I (almost proudly) admit it. Do as much with that fact as you want.
Anyways I can argue that Lucario is designed much better than Little Mac is, and that LM brings much more salt to the table than Lucario ever will. So if you want to fight this fight, bring it on.
I kinda hate Little Mac because when you play against him the game change TOO drastically. I have more fun fighting a defensive Rosalina than I ever do fighting Mac. But what pisses me off the most is that you guys really don't want to admit that fighting Little Mac is such a chore. I would be fine with him more if you guys just decide admit that he's ****ty and come in terms with that fact. But noOoooOoo, you have to say stupid **** like "but you never tried to fight him head on" or "You're not fun eithrr when you spam projectiles at us!" Like, please, just respond to every Little Mac whine comment/thread with something trollish and my day will be much better.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Ya know what? Good. I'm glad that there are sad saps like you who get super salty and have a bad time against mac. Makes playing him all the more satisfying. And any time I land a KO punch, I know that there will be mad salt on the other end. You and others like you drive me to play mac more and get better with him, because smashing your sorry asses offscreen in particular brings me immense joy.

I will continue to play little mac, and absolutely revel in the saltiness, because I dont give a ****. Your salty tears power the KO punch; the more you cry, the greater it stings when I ram it into your chin.

Last edited:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Ya know what? Good. I'm glad that there are sad saps like you who get super salty and have a bad time against mac. Makes playing him all the more satisfying. And any time I land a KO punch, I know that there will be mad salt on the other end. You and others like you drive me to play mac more and get better with him, because smashing your sorry ***** offscreen in particular brings me immense joy.

I will continue to play little mac, and absolutely revel in the saltiness, because I dont give a ****. Your salty tears power the KO punch; the more you cry, the greater it stings when I ram it into your chin.
Thats what I like! Keep going man! I swear this made me just so happy. Embrace the darkness and your inner asshole. Playing the underdog's role never fitted you anyway. I genuinly hope you become the best Mac player out there, and that the stories of the salt you managed to squeeze out of people becomes the stuff of legends. <3

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
Honestly i really really hate playing against Lucario.
First you beat him into a pulp because he is just bad but when he is op you can't kill him because he is op. Little Mac can miss the KO-Punch and his advantage is gone but Lucario just gets more op in every second of the match.

Lucario makes me way more salty than other mac-player :D

Last edited:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Honestly i really really hate playing against Lucario.
First you beat him into a pulp because he is just bad but when he is op you can't kill him because he is op. Little Mac can miss the KO-Punch and his advantage is gone but Lucario just gets more op in every second of the match.

Lucario makes me way more salty than other mac-player :D
Lucario is surely stronger. What I'm saying is that he's designed much better. Like, the idea behind him is more creative etc.
Anyway, I remember playing a Greninja who combo'd my ass up to 120% while I only managed to get him to 30% then I read one of his rolls and I F-smashed him and he died..
Lucario is hard to to play against.. Recovery so good and aerials so fast and practical with two of them having very high K.O potenitals.. I love the guy. I wish I can give you an advice on how to deal with him but I believe I dont have much of use to say. His smashes and aura palm(his command grab) all have an insanly long endlag. And so does his recovery if he lands on the ground, so try your best to punish those. But if he's like me and prefer to pressure people with aura spheres your list of options become smaller if you lack a reflect. Anyway, I'm sorry if my un-asked for advice annoyed you. I get salty too when I lose against a Lucario player. But that happens to me less cause I know how to bait his unsafe moves and kill him afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom